U.K. Government - Boris has resigned

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think you have answered the question yourself, you label and question other Christians who look at things differently to you. Different Christians have deeper conviction on other things in society, often because different issues are laid on our hearts, it doesn’t mean we are , namby pampy ‘

I see things as black or white, and no grey. we are called to be either hot or cold, and never lukewarm

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the lukewarm comment was linked to forgetting the churches first love - but it will make a good study to look at ….

Reactions: TLHKAJ and Helen

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just been thinking about politics and who is in power. The Romans were not particularly good leaders and many were oppressed under their rule, but Jesus was not that interested ( you could say he was lukewarm )
He did however really care about the Religious leaders and the oppression they placed on the people.
Two different kinds of oppression , but one had more importance to Jesus than the other. Two different kinds of ‘ Lording it over others ‘ …but Jesus only dealt with one during his ministry.
Still pondering ……

Reactions: Helen

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just been thinking about politics and who is in power. The Romans were not particularly good leaders and many were oppressed under their rule, but Jesus was not that interested ( you could say he was lukewarm )
He did however really care about the Religious leaders and the oppression they placed on the people.
Two different kinds of oppression , but one had more importance to Jesus than the other. Two different kinds of ‘ Lording it over others ‘ …but Jesus only dealt with one during his ministry.
Still pondering ……

Jesus came mainly for the Jews who were the People of God. He spoke against the Jewish leaders because they should have known better.

The Roman leaders did not have the great privileged of knowing the God of the Bible

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well after 55 MP’s handed in their resignations in the last 24 hours , Boris has finally got the message that he cannot remain as prime minister.
Not quite sure anyone will be running the country with so many people stepping down, and haven’t a clue who will stand to take his place……..what a mess , but in all honesty he lost my respect with partygate. He simply kept denying things rather than owning up and admitting he was in the wrong. He has done the same with quite a few other things.
I always feel a bit sad for Prime ministers when they have to leave like this, I remember when it happened to Maggie Thatcher……..
Rita

Does anyone know what happens to those 55 MPs? Are they planning to rerun in the next election? Are they still sitting? But just resigned from the Conservative party?

Reactions: APAK

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what happens to those 55 MPs? Are they planning to rerun in the next election? Are they still sitting? But just resigned from the Conservative party?
Not sure how it all works but if Boris had left immediately there was talk about some of them returning to the posts they resigned from , but not sure what would happen if someone else had already been appointed. Don’t think they have left the Conservative party but beyond that I am not sure.
Many are standing for the leadership role.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus came mainly for the Jews who were the People of God. He spoke against the Jewish leaders because they should have known better.

The Roman leaders did not have the great privileged of knowing the God of the Bible[/QUOTE
my thoughts were mainly about considering Jesus’s example - where were his priorities with regards to what he focussed on at the time. The apostles didn’t seem to prioritise the politics either. So should we ?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Still pondering ……

agree Rita

Jesus always had His eyes and heart on the Heavenly Kingdom …and His Fathers will.

these days the “church” is so caught up on viruses, conspiracies, governmental issues …it seems they just can’t see this world or Gods Kingdom or doings through spiritual eyes any more ….conversation with any Christian friend these days seems to centre around worldly things …not the Real Kingdom.

Hoodwinked comes to mind. The Enemy sold the church a lemon , and the church is sucking on it! :oops:

Reactions: Rita

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not sure how it all works but if Boris had left immediately there was talk about some of them returning to the posts they resigned from , but not sure what would happen if someone else had already been appointed. Don’t think they have left the Conservative party but beyond that I am not sure.
Many are standing for the leadership role.

Just resigned from their positions?

Like how we have the cabinet in Australia, which will have a minister for education, minister for emergency services, minister for health, etc.

Reactions: Rita

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just resigned from their positions?

Like how we have the cabinet in Australia, which will have a minister for education, minister for emergency services, minister for health, etc.[/QUOTE
Yes xx

Reactions: Josho

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
agree Rita

Jesus always had His eyes and heart on the Heavenly Kingdom …and His Fathers will.

these days the “church” is so caught up on viruses, conspiracies, governmental issues …it seems they just can’t see this world or Gods Kingdom or doings through spiritual eyes any more ….conversation with any Christian friend these days seems to centre around worldly things …not the Real Kingdom.

Hoodwinked comes to mind. The Enemy sold the church a lemon , and the church is sucking on it! :oops:
Who's sucking on a lemon as a diversion for the real thing, the truth of God's words Helen?....not I at least. And hello again.

For me and from my view, knowing the real evil activities in this world and exposing them, draws others and myself even closer to our permanent residence of the Kingdom of God, and not just in spirit today.

It even boosts my spirit. It keeps me energized with stronger faith and a yearning and a drive to be in next life beyond, today if that were possible.

Knowing the very clear contrast of this world with that of the Kingdom is what excites me and drives me forward. It strengthens my faith and I see the Father's will more clearly in, and for my life.

I do not think it is possible to ignore the realities of this world as a believer. We must know of it, to live in it and still grow in the spirit of Christ.

Christ had about 3 years for his real mission on this earth before he departed it. We have many more years to deal with this wretched world so why not call it out for what it is as the clear opposite of the Kingdom.

All the Best Helen.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Who's sucking on a lemon as a diversion for the real thing, the truth of God's words Helen?....not I at least. And hello again.

For me and from my view, knowing the real evil activities in this world and exposing them, draws others and myself even closer to our permanent residence of the Kingdom of God, and not just in spirit today.

It even boosts my spirit. It keeps me energized with stronger faith and a yearning and a drive to be in next life beyond, today if that were possible.

Knowing the very clear contrast of this world with that of the Kingdom is what excites me and drives me forward. It strengthens my faith and I see the Father's will more clearly in, and for my life.

I do not think it is possible to ignore the realities of this world as a believer. We must know of it, to live in it and still grow in the spirit of Christ.

Christ had about 3 years for his real mission on this earth before he departed it. We have many more years to deal with this wretched world so why not call it out for what it is as the clear opposite of the Kingdom.

All the Best Helen.
I agreed with Helens post, for me it’s about balance. Jesus knew what was more important to deal with, it doesn’t mean he wasn’t aware of what was going on, or never thought about it as he also lived under Roman rule for most of his life. We have very little awareness of what he prayed about throughout his life, but he did the will of his Father , which was not to address that oppression. The disciples clearly thought Jesus had come to defeat the Romans and end the oppression, but that wasn’t his priority. Surely there has to be a lesson in their for us. The Disciples also went on to have different priorities after Pentecost. They were still impacted by what went on within society, still aware, but their own priorities changed.
Rita

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our borders opened a very long time ago.
When were the borders closed?
  • When the Romans invaded?
  • When the Norse invaded?
  • When the Normans invaded?
  • When the sun never set on the British Empire and people from all of the colonies “invaded”?
;)

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

It is because Christians are not involved enough in government that we have the world sliding to irrevocable immorality

In the Old Testament when Israel was governed by godly leaders they prospered and walked with the Lord and were blessed

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When were the borders closed?
  • When the Romans invaded?
  • When the Norse invaded?
  • When the Normans invaded?
  • When the sun never set on the British Empire and people from all of the colonies “invaded”?
;)
Pearl already told me that they never closed, which is something I did not actually logically think about !!

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..Jesus knew what was more important to deal with, it doesn’t mean he wasn’t aware of what was going on...he did the will of his Father , which was not to address that oppression...

Yes, Jesus didn't let himself get bogged down in worldly matters-
"One said 'speak to my brother, that he divide the inheritance with me',
And Jesus said unto him, “Man, who made me a judge or a divider over you?”
(Luke 12:13-14)

Likewise he indicated that we should have a mindset of being in the world, but not part of it..:)-
"..give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s” (Matthew 22:21)

Some more powerful verses on the same theme-
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world" (Romans 12:2)
"As a soldier of Christ, please only God and not the world" (2 Timothy 2:3-4)
"Don't love the world or the things in it, otherwise the love of God is not in you" (1 John 2:15-17)
"Set your mind on things above,not on things on the earth" (Colossians 3:2)
"A friend of the world is the enemy of God" (James 4:4)
"You were dead when you followed the ways of the world" (Ephesians 2:1/2)
"You died with Christ from this world, so don't keep submitting to its rules" (Colossians 2:20)