U.K. Government - Boris has resigned

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well after 55 MP’s handed in their resignations in the last 24 hours , Boris has finally got the message that he cannot remain as prime minister.
Not quite sure anyone will be running the country with so many people stepping down, and haven’t a clue who will stand to take his place……..what a mess , but in all honesty he lost my respect with partygate. He simply kept denying things rather than owning up and admitting he was in the wrong. He has done the same with quite a few other things.
I always feel a bit sad for Prime ministers when they have to leave like this, I remember when it happened to Maggie Thatcher……..
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We have quite a few Muslim MPs, and they actually do a good job. I work with many Muslims , my neighbours are Muslim and they are very good neighbours.
I really don’t want this turning into a Muslim bashing thread ………..

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Apparantly he will still be Prime minister until the autumn, even though he is stepping down. In the past they have usually left straight away, or at least that’s what I thought happened.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have quite a few Muslim MPs, and they actually do a good job. I work with many Muslims , my neighbours are Muslim and they are very good neighbours.
Understood Rita, post deleted.

Reactions: Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When the door, gate, border, office opens; Caution.
Some will desire to enter to assimilate, Some will promote change.

Reactions: Nancy

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks JohnPaul
I know the concerns, and even I have concerns of events that could unfold in the future but on face value I choose to judge people on what they do and how they are rather on the general judgments made about groups of people.I cannot change my neighbours, my work mates or even who comes into power , but I do have to live in this country, work at my job and live in my home and neighbourhood. I have a responsibility with how I act and with the things I cannot influence then I need to give it to the Lord.

Reactions: Nancy and JohnPaul

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When the door, gate, border, office opens; Caution.
Some will desire to enter to assimilate, Some will promote change.
Yes, I am well aware of that but who comes into power will not be in my hands. The Conservative party decides. When a general election takes place then I have a voice. Our borders opened a very long time ago.

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I am well aware of that but who comes into power will not be in my hands. The Conservative party decides. When a general election takes place then I have a voice. Our borders opened a very long time ago.
Yes @Rita as far as I know our borders have always been open. Back when I was a child there were Chinese and Jamaicans and Polish and even Italians.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes @Rita as far as I know our borders have always been open. Back when I was a child there were Chinese and Jamaicans and Polish and even Italians.
Really, I didn’t know that……..
Did you listen to Boris ?
Rita

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Apparantly he will still be Prime minister until the autumn, even though he is stepping down. In the past they have usually left straight away, or at least that’s what I thought happened.

Presumably he's staying until a new leader can be chosen. It's a process that takes 2-3 months, and you can't have nobody in charge for that length of time.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Presumably he's staying until a new leader can be chosen. It's a process that takes 2-3 months, and you can't have nobody in charge for that length of time.
Yes that's what i was reading last night.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Really, I didn’t know that……..
Did you listen to Boris ?
Rita
No I haven't listened but i saw it online this morning before I read your post. Robert peston said on the news last night that the PM would resign within hours - and he has. But as Deborah says it takes months to go through the full procedure to appoint a new Tory leader.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
British/UK Parliament is interesting..
- House of Lords, House of Commons & Sovereign.
- How it works, etc..
- I am still learning.
---
The British/UK Parliament had impact/influence on political system in many countries.
---
Maybe..it is time for new prime minister.
- I liked his hairstyle..
Lol.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe..it is time for new prime minister.
Definitely time for a new PM. Even for a new government but that will take even longer.
The voting system for who will replace Johnson is complicated and takes about twelve week once it gets started and candidates come forward. It goes through a series of votes and then when two remain the ordinary party members of the public choose between them - and then they have their new leader who will become PM.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My memory must be a bit hit and miss as I thought Maggie Thatcher and Tereasa May both resigned with immediate effect ……….
Many on the news this morning were saying that they would prefer him to go now and put a caretaker leader in place until a new prime minister is found.

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My memory must be a bit hit and miss as I thought Maggie Thatcher and Tereasa May both resigned with immediate effect ……….
Many on the news this morning were saying that they would prefer him to go now and put a caretaker leader in place until a new prime minister is found.
He is doing the same as Jeremy Corbyn who stayed on as Labour leader until a new leader was elected.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well after 55 MP’s handed in their resignations in the last 24 hours , Boris has finally got the message that he cannot remain as prime minister.
Boris Johnson was unfit to be the Prime Minister of the UK from day one. How can a man who is unable to even comb his hair take responsibility for a country's wellbeing? He has lied to his people daily and played the buffoon all along. He should step down immediately. Why and how he was allowed to take this critical office is a mystery. Indeed the UK has not had serious and honest political leadership for several decades, and the country is a mess (just like every other Western nation right now).

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Boris Johnson was unfit to be the Prime Minister of the UK from day one. How can a man who is unable to even comb his hair take responsibility for a country's wellbeing? He has lied to his people daily and played the buffoon all along. He should step down immediately. Why and how he was allowed to take this critical office is a mystery. Indeed the UK has not had serious and honest political leadership for several decades, and the country is a mess (just like every other Western nation right now).
Ha Ha If we are judging politicians by their hair Johnson's hair isn't as bad as Trump's.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha Ha If we are judging politicians by their hair Johnson's hair isn't as bad as Trump's.

Trump has great hair for a 76 year old.... You gotta give him some credit.... He could do without the hair coloring and just let it go gray though.