U.K. Government - Boris has resigned

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Just to point out that in a parliamentary system like that of Great Britain the Prime Minister has to have the confidence of the parliamentary majority, whereas in a system based on the separation of powers (executive, legislature and judiciary) such as that of the US the position of the head of the executive - the President - is not immediately subject to legislative majorities.

So at any given time, 'what so-and-so ought to do', etc., as perceived on different sides of the Atlantic, may sometimes differ significantly because the systems function differently.

(This also lies at the heart of differences of perception about leaders in the US and in Canada, which also has a parliamentary system similar to that of Great Britain.)
The PM is the leader of his political party who is chosen by the party - including the ordinary party members who are members of the public who have joined said party. He is not chosen my the voting public as a whole.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha Ha If we are judging politicians by their hair Johnson's hair isn't as bad as Trump's.
:D And poor Bush 2 couldn't put a sentence together to save his life!
Don't know where that attachment came from but, ignore it...

Attachments

• clear.png
    clear.png
    137 bytes · Views: 0

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well after 55 MP’s handed in their resignations in the last 24 hours

The British economy has been going down the tubes for the better part of a year now, and what's likely happening is that the crew of the Titanic has decided it's time to abandon ship before the passengers realize what's coming, and hold them responsible.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

In watching it again, he's close in his analysis, but makes a common mistake that many in the US are also making about their politicians (see 11:54 - 12:25). None of this was because "they didn't account for things." Johnson and his leadership knew exactly what was coming, and planned their exit strategy well in advance as well. What you see now is just them jumping with the parachutes on and pulling the cords, now that the damage has been done and the price tag is about to come due on all the money printing and war sanctions that sent their economy down the rat hole just like what Biden is doing in the US.

Feel sorry for whoever takes leadership now, because they will end up taking the blame for what the previous leadership was actually responsible for.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure about that Hidden in Him ….
Not all the cabinet resigned
Some resigned in the evening , some resigned the next morning, then later on in that day more resigned
Some resigned in order to go for the leadership role ( so that is spot on but that had already been relayed from others discussing things on the day of the resignations.
As to the motives and reasons , well in all honesty this is speculation, but I do think the Conservative party will lose the next election. It’s true what he says about the hypocrisy with many leaving because of integrity when many were attending the parties in lock down.
I don’t think anyone can dig there way out of the issues and problems with the economy, which is also happening in many countries.
I disagree with his comments about the public not being aware of much, honestly people have become more and more aware over the last few years, not everyone
In all honesty politicians can not be trusted , no matter who they are because the higher you climb in politics the more you are influenced by power and manipulation.

One thing, Neil will be okay as he is loaded and will no doubt get more air time because of what he has said. Why can he not be open about what’s coming with the health and social care. He stated he knows but the public doesn’t…………why not say, then the public will be aware.

Have you ever watched the comedy problem ‘ Yes Minister ‘ and ‘ Yes Primeminister ‘ … I believe there is a modern version of the show out now but I can’t remember the title, Well that was really what opened many peoples eyes with regards to what really goes on behind the scenes, it was funny , really funny, but so very true …………

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t think anyone can dig there way out of the issues and problems with the economy, which is also happening in many countries.

I don't think anyone can over here either. I see a number of people talking like the situation can be redeemed, but I think the current administration is going to dismantle things so badly within the next two years that it won't matter who wins in 2024, as pessimistic as that might be to say.
Have you ever watched the comedy problem ‘ Yes Minister ‘ and ‘ Yes Primeminister ‘ … I believe there is a modern version of the show out now but I can’t remember the title, Well that was really what opened many peoples eyes with regards to what really goes on behind the scenes, it was funny , really funny, but so very true …………

No, and I do like British comedy when I get the chance, although I think that's one of the ways they also desensitize people to what they are doing. Skynews has made a cottage industry out of poking fun at Joe Biden over the last few years, so we in effect have got a significant portion of the world laughing at our situation as well, only while I like a good laugh it's hard to when so many people are going to be suffering.

On that note, btw, I'm surprised our UK members haven't said more about how bad the economy is over there. In the developed world, England and Australia are the two countries taking the hardest hits so far, though it's coming to everyone else eventually as well. Maybe it's a look on the bright side kinda thing, which is actually the right way to go. I just do wonder sometimes who all is aware of things and who isn't.

Btw, thanks for sharing that bit about the timing of resignations. That guy is someone I'm aware of because Marylin C. posts his videos here and elsewhere, but I don't know him well enough yet to be vouching for everything he says, so thanks for clarifying.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi HIH
I have presumed that everywhere is facing a difficult economy, what with everything going up and wages not increasing by much. We were talking about a recession well before the war in the Ukraine started. Over here there are also strikes going on , people are just not happy with not getting payrises, more so after the government minister announced they were getting a rise.
I am not in the public sector and get a pay rise every year, this year it was more than normal. However working in the care sector the pay is not brilliant.
I am fortunately in a situation where I am not feeling the pain has much as others, I don’t drive or own a home. My twin brother often helps me and my dad out with energy bills if they get too high, so I am very blessed. My dad is also not struggling , he doesn’t have much but enough for what he needs.
In all honesty when the economy is being discussed on tv ect it confuses me at times, I don’t understand all the ins and outs of it all.
I don’t know ow the guy in the video much either, so I looked him up. He is a entrepreneur and thought leader , author. He lives in the U.K., USA and in other exotic locations. He has 304k you tube followers.
In many respects he is seeing from a worldly prospective what many Christians know will unfold from revelation…….

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi HIH
I have presumed that everywhere is facing a difficult economy, what with everything going up and wages not increasing by much. We were talking about a recession well before the war in the Ukraine started. Over here there are also strikes going on , people are just not happy with not getting payrises, more so after the government minister announced they were getting a rise.
I am not in the public sector and get a pay rise every year, this year it was more than normal. However working in the care sector the pay is not brilliant.
I am fortunately in a situation where I am not feeling the pain has much as others, I don’t drive or own a home. My twin brother often helps me and my dad out with energy bills if they get too high, so I am very blessed. My dad is also not struggling , he doesn’t have much but enough for what he needs.
In all honesty when the economy is being discussed on tv ect it confuses me at times, I don’t understand all the ins and outs of it all.
I don’t know ow the guy in the video much either, so I looked him up. He is a entrepreneur and thought leader , author. He lives in the U.K., USA and in other exotic locations. He has 304k you tube followers.
In many respects he is seeing from a worldly prospective what many Christians know will unfold from revelation…….

Many (though not all) of the people who are aware of what is actually going on are often Christians, because it takes a certain amount of discernment to see through the falsehoods and deceptions. It also takes the ability to consider the possibility that there could actually be people so evil in this world as to deliberately destroy international economies and leave millions impoverished and starving just to enrich themselves.

Neil McCoy-Ward might not be Christian, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was. Many of the people I post videos on appear to be purely political at first glance, but if you watch them long enough you find out they are actually serious about their Christianity as well.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
We have quite a few Muslim MPs, and they actually do a good job. I work with many Muslims , my neighbours are Muslim and they are very good neighbours.
I really don’t want this turning into a Muslim bashing thread ………..

Khan in London is a complete DISGRACE!

I am not anti-muslim, but the UK should remain a "Christian" country, with a leader who is also Christian. From Blair onwards, we have allowed this country to become invaded by non-christians.

Why should anyone be sad when a PM is removed in any way? Boris is a LYING, CHEATING, IMMORAL person, who is a national DISGRACE!

He PROMISED to reduce immigration, but the ILLEGALS who arrive every day, by their HUNDREDS, have not been removed from the UK. This is an INVASION of our country. Boris FAILED on this very important policy, and is UNFIT to be PM.

And I am sick of hearing from the bleeding heart fools, that we should help others, while we ourselves have to suffer and struggle to live daily! ALL "foreign aid", should be stopped, as we are literally BORROWING BILLIONS to send to OTHERS, while our OWN country is being destroyed!

Time for a British FIRST PM.

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The British economy has been going down the tubes for the better part of a year now, and what's likely happening is that the crew of the Titanic has decided it's time to abandon ship before the passengers realize what's coming, and hold them responsible.

Because the British "fools" who have run this country for years, are more interested in sending BILLIONS to OTHERS around the world, and allow MILLIONS of ILLEGALS into OUR country, which is costing US MILLIONS to keep and feed! It cost the British tax payer, over FIVE MILLION each and every day, to keep ILLEGALS in HOTELS! This is a national DISGRACE, and any government that allows this, must be removed from office. We should have a system, where the public can vote to remove any PM, who is abusing their authority, as Boris did. He sould be in jail for his many CRIMES!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Khan in London is a complete DISGRACE!

I am not anti-muslim, but the UK should remain a "Christian" country, with a leader who is also Christian. From Blair onwards, we have allowed this country to become invaded by non-christians.

Why should anyone be sad when a PM is removed in any way? Boris is a LYING, CHEATING, IMMORAL person, who is a national DISGRACE!

He PROMISED to reduce immigration, but the ILLEGALS who arrive every day, by their HUNDREDS, have not been removed from the UK. This is an INVASION of our country. Boris FAILED on this very important policy, and is UNFIT to be PM.

And I am sick of hearing from the bleeding heart fools, that we should help others, while we ourselves have to suffer and struggle to live daily! ALL "foreign aid", should be stopped, as we are literally BORROWING BILLIONS to send to OTHERS, while our OWN country is being destroyed!

Time for a British FIRST PM.
If I choose to be sad about someone having to step down then it’s my choice, I certainly don’t disagree with him going and don’t agree with things he has done.
I don’t plan on getting into a major discussion over some of the things you have mentioned because i have different views. The illegal immigrants problem didn’t start with Boris and so to expect someone to do something that was promised before he took office and his predecessor didn’t sort out, is slightly out of sync, in my opinion.
I think the issue of Christians in power is a difficult one to determine as Tony Blair and David Cameron both claim to be Christians , many have had affiliations with different churches but I can’t say Britain was ‘ Great ‘ and in line with Christian values.
So, on the basis of your view, who would you have as the next Prime minister ?
I think it’s pretty obvious that the conservative will lose the next election, so who from labour would you like to be in Charge ?
Rita

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I choose to be sad about someone having to step down then it’s my choice, I certainly don’t disagree with him going and don’t agree with things he has done.
I don’t plan on getting into a major discussion over some of the things you have mentioned because i have different views. The illegal immigrants problem didn’t start with Boris and so to expect someone to do something that was promised before he took office and his predecessor didn’t sort out, is slightly out of sync, in my opinion.
I think the issue of Christians in power is a difficult one to determine as Tony Blair and David Cameron both claim to be Christians , many have had affiliations with different churches but I can’t say Britain was ‘ Great ‘ and in line with Christian values.
So, on the basis of your view, who would you have as the next Prime minister ?
I think it’s pretty obvious that the conservative will lose the next election, so who from labour would you like to be in Charge ?
Rita

Hi Rita

the problem with ILLEGAL people coming to the UK, has greatly increased under Boris, when he "promised" that if the UK left the EU, he would make a top priority. This was a blatant LIE, as his appointment of the USELESS Priti Patel to home secretary, confirmed that he was never really serious in sorting out this problem. As PM he can do things by direct orders, and bypass the USELESS LIBERAL "legal" system we have here, and pass laws that benefit this country, even though the rest of the world might complain! Every single person, whether man, woman or child, who is here ILLEGALLY, must be removed from the UK, even if we have to send them to some distant land! It might sound hard, but we need to stop this ILLEGAL INVASION of the UK, by any means.

You think that it is "pretty obvious that the conservative will lose the next election"? You don't even know who the next leader of the Tories is! Labour will not win under kneeling-Starmer and Rayner.

Anyone who who is a "believer" in the Lord of the Bible, though they may not actually "follow" Him, should be considered to be the next PM. Certainly no muslim or hindu should qualify, regardless of their qualifications. In my view, any PM should have the power to remove people like Khan in London, who is derstroying that city!

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Rita

the problem with ILLEGAL people coming to the UK, has greatly increased under Boris, when he "promised" that if the UK left the EU, he would make a top priority. This was a blatant LIE, as his appointment of the USELESS Priti Patel to home secretary, confirmed that he was never really serious in sorting out this problem. As PM he can do things by direct orders, and bypass the USELESS LIBERAL "legal" system we have here, and pass laws that benefit this country, even though the rest of the world might complain! Every single person, whether man, woman or child, who is here ILLEGALLY, must be removed from the UK, even if we have to send them to some distant land! It might sound hard, but we need to stop this ILLEGAL INVASION of the UK, by any means.

You think that it is "pretty obvious that the conservative will lose the next election"? You don't even know who the next leader of the Tories is! Labour will not win under kneeling-Starmer and Rayner.

Anyone who who is a "believer" in the Lord of the Bible, though they may not actually "follow" Him, should be considered to be the next PM. Certainly no muslim or hindu should qualify, regardless of their qualifications. In my view, any PM should have the power to remove people like Khan in London, who is derstroying that city!
It’s just my opinion based on the fact that the people haven’t had a voice with regards to Boris coming into power or any new leader so I know many people will use the next election to exercise their voice and discust over what has happened within the party. Many young people who have never voted will add their voice. I could be wrong x
You have very direct and very strong views on certain things , I tend to read more than I post. Personally, no matter who gets in , I will act according to what is laid on my heart. Many things are way out of my control so I don’t tend to allow all the negatives to dictate
Your views about ‘ Who ‘ and ‘ Who shouldn’t ‘ get in may actually go against what God himself ‘ needs and allows ‘ to take place for reasons that only make sense within the bigger picture.

Reactions: Pearl

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your views about ‘ Who ‘ and ‘ Who shouldn’t ‘ get in may actually go against what God himself ‘

like what? I am very Conservative, though not Tory, I would say much more than Thatcher was. This country is being ruined by wolves, like Cameron, May and Johnson, who pretend to be "conservative", when in fact they are LIBERALS! The worst was Blair, who should be in jail, and not given "sir". He is a criminal.

I certainly do not believe in half-hearted views on anything, nor have the namby-pamby approach to things, like some who call themselves "conservative", and even Bible-believing Christians do.

The world needs very strong, God loving, Bible believing Christians as leaders.

Rita

Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
like what? I am very Conservative, though not Tory, I would say much more than Thatcher was. This country is being ruined by wolves, like Cameron, May and Johnson, who pretend to be "conservative", when in fact they are LIBERALS! The worst was Blair, who should be in jail, and not given "sir". He is a criminal.

I certainly do not believe in half-hearted views on anything, nor have the namby-pamby approach to things, like some who call themselves "conservative", and even Bible-believing Christians do.

The world needs very strong, God loving, Bible believing Christians as leaders.
I think you have answered the question yourself, you label and question other Christians who look at things differently to you. Different Christians have deeper conviction on other things in society, often because different issues are laid on our hearts, it doesn’t mean we are , namby pamby ‘

Last edited: