Under sin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TopherNelson

Jan 11, 2015
1Corinthians 5:11-13
But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kerwin said:
H.Richard,

What do you mean by "Jesus keeping the Law for us"?
He, Jesus, fulfilled the law for us.

Rom 13:9
9 For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not bear false witness," "You shall not covet," and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
NKJV

Gal 5:14
14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: "You shall love your neighbor as yourself."
NKJV

Jesus loved us so much that He gave His life for us. And by doing that He fulfilled the Law for us.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H.Richard;

Does that mean that Christians do not have to Love?

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
It seem HR means, that anyone who calls themselves "christian" can thumb their nose at the ten commandments of God, and do what they like...they can ignore all ten commandments..right HR? lol...that would explain why your "conclusions" have resulted in the mess we see in the world today...or do you think the world and particularily the USA is OK?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
דוד חֵן (David) said:
Jesus says, "love fulfill the law because it does not harm your neighbor."
It is the love of God for us that fulfilled the law. There is no one on this earth that can love as Jesus did.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H.Richard,

Anyone that chooses the put off old man and put on the new man created like God in true righteousness and holiness loves as Jesus loves even now. The only way it can be done is through faith in Jesus Christ. That is why Jesus promised that those that hunger and thirst will be filled. It is learning how that Christians must do.

After all, Jesus is not an oath-breaker.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Jesus loves us but do you love Him? John 14.15 Jesus said "if you love ME keep MY commandments"
A foolish statement. I am not the subject of this tread.

Col 2:13-14
13 And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses,
14 having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross.
NKJV

All means all.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kerwin said:
H.Richard,

Anyone that chooses the put off old man and put on the new man created like God in true righteousness and holiness loves as Jesus loves even now. The only way it can be done is through faith in Jesus Christ. That is why Jesus promised that those that hunger and thirst will be filled. It is learning how that Christians must do.

After all, Jesus is not an oath-breaker.
Unless you are quoting me please leave my name off of your reply. The way you leave my name at the top of your reply makes it seem that I wrote it. If you wish to keep doing it then how about putting some **** after my name.

I don't think anyone here has accused Jesus of being an oath-breaker.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
It seem HR means, that anyone who calls themselves "christian" can thumb their nose at the ten commandments of God, and do what they like...they can ignore all ten commandments..right HR? lol...that would explain why your "conclusions" have resulted in the mess we see in the world today...or do you think the world and particularily the USA is OK?
*** You make yourself a judge of others. Be careful that your judgement does not condemn you. If you break any of the laws your words condemn you. But I know you will not see this.

Stop asking me personal questions. You wish to put your words in my mouth and then condemn me for them. That is what the religious did to Jesus. That tells a lot about you.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kerwin said:
H.Richard;

You do not know what love is. I say this because your replies on the many threads do not show that you have any love for others. In your heart you condemn anyone that has a different opinion than yours.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
heretoeternity said:
Jesus loves us but do you love Him? John 14.15 Jesus said "if you love ME keep MY commandments"
Boy are you hardheaded. Jesus taught the law to the JEWS who were under the law.

You just can't separate the law from grace and that is your problem, not mine.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kerwin said:
H.Richard;

** It seem that you do. If there is one person that you do not love then you break the very commandment you are talking about.

But you don't love others. You wish to put then under the burden of keeping the law. Said another way you wish to keep others under the law. You do not wish to set them free in Christ.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H.Richard,

You do not know what love is. I say this because your replies on the many threads do not show that you have any love for others. In your heart you condemn anyone that has a different opinion than yours.

God is the one who judges who will be condemned to the Fiery Lake not me and I certainly did not do it, even in my heart.

Paul teaches those that believe in the true gospel to take of the old man that hates and put on the new man that loves as God loves. It is just one command. If one disobey it then they have no benefit from Christ for what good is the Spirit if one does not walk according to its ways.

The gospel contains a righteousness from God and that means it not an illusion but instead is like his. It comes faith and it is up to each believer to seek to grow more mature and so through faith in Jesus Christ make peace with God.

Romans 1:17 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Have courage.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H.Richard,

I don't teach the Law but instead I speak of walking according to the Spirit. The Law serves to reveal when one is not walking according to the Spirit and good for teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training in righteousness. It has not power of itself and can easily be misunderstood by those who do not listen to God's Spirit.

I am a student as my knowledge is incomplete.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H.Richard,

I don't think anyone here has accused Jesus of being an oath-breaker.

In their heart perhaps; but not outright.

Sometime people do not consider the logical implications of their words. In that case I am not sure if the accusation is in their hears or just the result of foolishness they would regret if they realized the hidden meaning of their words.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kerwin said:
H.Richard,

God is the one who judges who will be condemned to the Fiery Lake not me and I certainly did not do it, even in my heart.

Paul teaches those that believe in the true gospel to take of the old man that hates and put on the new man that loves as God loves. It is just one command. If one disobey it then they have no benefit from Christ for what good is the Spirit if one does not walk according to its ways.

The gospel contains a righteousness from God and that means it not an illusion but instead is like his. It comes faith and it is up to each believer to seek to grow more mature and so through faith in Jesus Christ make peace with God.

Romans 1:17 Authorized (King James) Version (AKJV)

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Have courage.
Do you know what it means to have God's righteousness? God's righteousness is imputed to the ones that have faith in what Jesus did on the cross. There is a difference between a person's righteousness and God's righteousness. We don't get righteous by our works, we get it through faith.

You seem to be saying the we get righteousness in our flesh. It is our born again spirit that has been imputed with God's righteousness. Not our flesh.

Surely you know what imputed means.

Rom 4:11
11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,
NKJV

Rom 4:21-25
21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.
22 And therefore "it was accounted to him for righteousness."
23 Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him,
24 but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead,
25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.
NKJV

The children of God, today, are fully convinced that Jesus' message He gave Paul will save all that have faith in what Jesus accomplished on the cross.

Rom 3:21-25 God's Righteousness Through Faith
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness,
NKJV

Rom 4:3-4
3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
NKJV

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
H. Richard said:
Do you know what it means to have God's righteousness? God's righteousness is imputed to the ones that have faith in what Jesus did on the cross. There is a difference between a person's righteousness and God's righteousness. We don't get righteous by our works, we get it through faith.

You seem to be saying the we get righteousness in our flesh. It is our born again spirit that has been imputed with God's righteousness. Not our flesh.

Surely you know what imputed means.

Rom 4:11
11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while still uncircumcised, that he might be the father of all those who believe, though they are uncircumcised, that righteousness might be imputed to them also,
NKJV

Rom 4:21-25
21 and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.
22 And therefore "it was accounted to him for righteousness."
23 Now it was not written for his sake alone that it was imputed to him,
24 but also for us. It shall be imputed to us who believe in Him who raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead,
25 who was delivered up because of our offenses, and was raised because of our justification.
NKJV

The children of God, today, are fully convinced that Jesus' message He gave Paul will save all that have faith in what Jesus accomplished on the cross.

Rom 3:21-25 God's Righteousness Through Faith
21 But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets,
22 even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference;
23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
24 being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
25 whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness,
NKJV

Rom 4:3-4
3 For what does the Scripture say? "Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt.
NKJV

Seems this poster has a fixation with Paul..one has to wonder if that is the only part of the Bible he read...maybe he should read it all, and see where Paul actually upholds the Ten commandments....
Someone should tell this poster salvation is through the teachings of Jesus in the Gospels, and His sacrifice on the Cross. Does he really think salvation is through Paul?? Seems so..

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
H.Richard,

I do know what they say but they do not contradict what other passages say nor my point. Instead I already included that righteousness is by faith as one can only put on the new man created like God in true righteousness and holiness by faith in Jesus Christ.

Believe that all things are possible with God.

The righteousness of the new covenant is superior to that of Abraham for it is place within and written on the hearts of believers. (Jeremiah 31:31-34) Never the less, Abraham sires those that believe by his faith which they also practice.