Understanding : Acts 2:38

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another Calvinist needs to stand up and be counted.

Congrats @Rockerduck

God is not A Calvinist.

God does not Choose some for hell and others for Salvation., according to "Tulip Theology", and John Calvin's Doctrine of the Devil

However, Some are chosen by God to be "pastors, teachers, prophets, evangelists, and Apostles"
I pray that you might look up testimonies about being chosen, before you jump to conclusions. I also plainly said, because it didn't happen to you, will not believe it. You believe it happens to nobody, because it didn't happen to you.

In Christ's love.

Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If God caused you to have faith in Christ, He would not require you to believe In Him ., as there would be no need for the requirement that you "BELIEVE".

Now, within everyone is the capacity to believe, as that is a "measure of Faith."

All have it.

Even right now unbelievers believe in something..... but that is wrong faith... but its still faith, and God didnt make them believe wrong,, and God does not make them believe right..
He allows us all to believe and this is why preachers preach, and teachers teach. We are giving you the TRUTH To Believe in....
Its why the world of unbelievers are always being led (drawn by The Cross and the Holy Spirit) into RIGHT FAITH, that God will accept.

See.. .and listen now.. Readers...

An Atheist has FAITH.... just like a Believer has Faith.

The Atheist BELIEVES there is NO GOD and No Salvation needed, as that is their FAITH, and God can't accept that Faith.

All of this is your opinion.
BECAUSE..."all who come to GOD must BELIEVE THAT HE EXISTS">... = Hebrews 11:6

whereas....
Must believe initially that he exists, because God brought us to that place of belief...we wouldn’t know how to do that, having never read a Bible...

The Believer's FAITH is IN CHRIST, and God accepts THAT Faith, the very moment it's in your heart.

See it?
No I don’t see it,as Faith is a God given gift...your faith is powerless and void of Gods Living truth....Faith from God is Alive and Active, Mighty powerful can move mountains...your faith is like joe bloggs faith down the street.
Both have a "measure of Faith" but the Believer's Faith, is the Faith that God accepts.

Here is another way to see it, Reader.

Cain and Abel both went to God, but Cain was rejected because he did it the wrong way.

BOTH BELIEVED in GOD...

See it?

Both had FAITH, but God has a WAY you must believe, that you must come to Him... and in the NT, .. .TODAY>.. = JESUS IS THE WAY....The Cross of Christ.
We come to Jesus by Gods drawing...you wouldn’t know how to draw yourself to Jesus....
John 14:6

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I pray that you might look up testimonies about being chosen, before you jump to conclusions. I also plainly said, because it didn't happen to you, will not believe it. You believe it happens to nobody, because it didn't happen to you.

In Christ's love.
Amen!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Name calling is a source of revenge and pride and meant to degrade someone. Another words a haughty spirit; one of the 7 deadly sins. Jesus said the least shall be the greatest, and greatest shall be the least. Better to be humble. That's all. It is a sin to call names.d what she
I called what she did childish, I did not call her a name

You want to enable her, instead of helping her, continue with this nonsense

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I called what she did childish, I did not call her a name

You want to enable her, instead of helping her, continue with this nonsense
2 Timothy 24-25 - And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Timothy 24-25 - And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, 25 in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth,
Amen!!

God also says you will know them by their fruit.

Matthew 7:15-20​

New King James Version​

You Will Know Them by Their Fruits​

15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.​

This scripture also is wonderful ,

Romans 8​

King James Version​

8 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

What does it mean that there is no condemnation in Christ (Romans 8:1)?​

no condemnation
audio

ANSWER

One of the wonderful truths of Scripture is found in Romans 8:1: “Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.”

In his letter to the Romans, Paul presents the importance of the good news of Jesus Christ (Romans 1:16–17). We need this good news because all people, in their sin, are under condemnation (Romans 1:18—3:20). Paul then explains the gospel (Romans 3:21—4:25) and what it means to no longer be under condemnation, describing the implications of being declared righteous by God (Romans 5—8). He concludes this section of the epistle by affirming the eternality of the righteousness given by God and asserts that there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1). Paul adds an example of the trustworthiness of God (Romans 9—11) and challenges believers in Christ to behave in a manner consistent with their new position of righteousness in Christ (Romans 12—16).

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockerduck

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
.....I communicate with God via His Living Spirit,I thrive on His Living word,God is not a book, God is a Living Spirit, I have that Honour and Privilege Of Communicating with God via His Spirit, because he made my spirit Born Again, all for His purpose and plan....

My Father ( spiritual) gifted me Faith , the seed of Faith, Born Again of imperishable seed, where he planted it into my heart/ spirit, ..that Living seed from God, keeps on growing and will continue to flourish, why, because HE planted it.

Commentary.

The Bible says in John 4:24 “God is a Spirit…” hence, we can only make contact with Him through our spirits. When He wants to communicate with you, He does so directly with your spirit, not your head or your mind; it’s a Spirit-to-spirit communication. This is also the kind of communication that takes place when you pray in the spirit – in other tongues; it’s a God-ward communication. Your spirit makes direct contact with God’s Spirit: “For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him, howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries” (1 Corinthians 14:2).

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does that mean your carnal?
I was probably still in my old mindset as a new babe, ....being Born Of The Spirit doesn’t / or didn’t in my case, transform my old mindset over night.

Once we become Born Again of imperishable seed, which is the Living seed of God ,only then can we start to grow and mature in the Spirit , you see the written word can never bring your spirit Alive in Christ and birth you in the Spirit, only the Living word of God can do that,Spirit gives birth to spirit...the Living Spirit Of God births our spirit into his, that’s how we become his spiritual children...by His Living word.

How would you explain the difference between the two?

I think I asked Behold that question, to which I think he replied, I only study the Pauline epistles...unless I was mistaken, then I’m sure when he reads my post he will get back to me.

Does he actually understand what the Living word of God means or what it is, it would be lovely if he could explain that?

I ask because I have NEVER seen him post anything about God’s Living word being Alive and Active....that does concern me, in fact I’ve never seen you post that Gods word is Alive?

How do you communicate with God if not by His Living Spirit that indwells your spirit?

Don’t you thrive on God’s Living word, then check it out with his written word?

I do that nearly every day, I can’t get enough, I’m up most part of the night feeding on God’s Living word, then checking it out with scripture?

One can only know that they are Born Again by Gods witness the Holy Spirit.....when His Spirit gives birth to our spirit, that is a Living supernatural/ spiritual birth, that only the Living Spirit Of God can do.

Now if you are looking to the cross and believing in Jesus, then you must be Born Again of the Living Spirit Of God.
There is no way you could possibly know that Jesus died was resurrected, unless the Living Spirit Of God revealed that to your spirit when he made you Born Again...by the Living word of God....
Reading that scripture that you have posted, doesn’t make you Born Again,Jesus has already explained to Nicodemus how we are Born Again,..I will post it now, would love you to explain what Jesus is trying to explain to Nicodemus.

John 3:8 Context​

5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit. 9Nicodemus answered and said unto him, How can these things be? 10Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things? 11Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

And ye receive not our witness?

We receive the witness of God in our hearts/ spirit, we don’t receive the witness in the written word of God, ..Gods written word explains his Living word....an example, how would we know in the written word, Spirit gives birth to spirit....without the receiving those Living words first?

How would we understand the written word...when it says, the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children,...?....we would have to receive His Living word directly to our spirit to understand that..that is where we communicate with God, we must be Born Again of Gods Living Spirit......that is why it’s imperative to be Born Again of imperishable seed......otherwise you are really only understanding the written word through your own human intellect....you will also never grow in the Living word.....because your spirit wasn’t made Born Again by God.... a true Born Again will become more and more like Jesus with his beautiful character.....because our spirit submits to the will of the Spirit.........hope what I’ve written helps you understand in the Spirit, our minds are being renewed daily...or at least they should be if we are Born Again, we should be becoming more and more like Jesus....

The thing is if you aren’t Born Again, you would never understand anything that was spoken in the Spirit.

Can I ask you a question ,do you understand any of my posts?

The Bible is a Spiritual book, which can only be understood if one has been Born Again by the Living seed of God?

Last edited:

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Nope. just stating a fact. Anyone who reads what you say with an open mind would see how true this is

lol. I trust the cross. And I trust jesus promise, that if I look to the cross in faith I will never perish, and I will live forever.

You trust in baptism..

Your reaching to deny you are placing faith in self. not God
That is not how we are Born Of The Living Spirit.

You tell me how you can trust a cross, what does that mean even?

You trust in baptism, scripture please, as without offending you, your post makes no sense to my spirit?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You would do well to do this yourself

29 Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Its not your work, its God's work.
It is the work of God that we believe in Jesus, but , to believe in Jesus in our spirit, we must have our spirit birthed by the Living word of God.Spirit gives birth to spirit?...do you understand that is His Living word ?......backed up by his written word?

We don’t do anything to become Born Again, you are teaching the written word, with no understanding of the Living word, your posts imo are full of confusion, it’s like you are leading “ self” through scripture...I’m actually trying to help you via Gods Spirit imo....do you actually understand that Gods word is Alive and Active in us and speaks through us?

That he communicates with our spirit through his Living Spirit?

Many people have been Born Of The Spirit having never read a Bible, God brings us to initially believe in Jesus, no Living spiritual rebirth without that.

You teach the written word, even a lot of what you teach imo is not the written word, it’s your word,...you teach nothing about the Living word, why is that?

The Living word that resides in our spirit,Glorifies the Living God......it’s The Spirit in us Glorifying the Father...the Living Father The Spirit Of God....

You teach your knowledge of scripture imo and glorify yourself,...I see no spiritual knowledge in your posts, just self understanding ,or you striving ,trying to understand the written word..with imo absolute zero knowledge of the Living word of God..... Behold does the same imo.

Just voicing my honest opinion, as you do also of me, I have no problem with that whatsoever...
Now please don’t take that as being rude....it’s my opinion of you both explained in the most respectful way ....we are called to not tread on eggshells when discussing...you certainly don’t....you speak “ your” mind I have absolutely no problem with that.

I’m here to speak Gods truth, I was going to take a break from the forum, I tried, but, God had different plans...you can’t stop the will of God being done....I’m in this thread by the Living word of God.

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is the work of God that we believe in Jesus, but , to believe in Jesus in our spirit, we must have our spirit birthed by the Living word of God.Spirit gives birth to spirit?...do you understand that is His Living word ?......backed up by his written word?

We don’t do anything to become Born Again, you are teaching the written word, with no understanding of the Living word, your posts imo are full of confusion, it’s like you are leading “ self” through scripture...I’m actually trying to help you via Gods Spirit imo....do you actually understand that Gods word is Alive and Active in us and speaks through us?

That he communicates with our spirit through his Living Spirit?

Many people have been Born Of The Spirit having never read a Bible, God brings us to initially believe in Jesus, no Living spiritual rebirth without that.

You teach the written word, even a lot of what you teach imo is not the written word, it’s your word,...you teach nothing about the Living word, why is that?

The Living word that resides in our spirit,Glorifies the Living God......it’s The Spirit in us Glorifying the Father...the Living Father The Spirit Of God....

You teach your knowledge of scripture imo and glorify yourself,...I see no spiritual knowledge in your posts, just self understanding ,or you striving ,trying to understand the written word..with imo absolute zero knowledge of the Living word of God..... Behold does the same imo.

Just voicing my honest opinion, as you do also of me, I have no problem with that whatsoever...
Now please don’t take that as being rude....it’s my opinion of you both explained in the most respectful way ....we are called to not tread on eggshells when discussing...you certainly don’t....you speak “ your” mind I have absolutely no problem with that.

I’m here to speak Gods truth, I was going to take a break from the forum, I tried, but, God had different plans...you can’t stop the will of God being done....I’m in this thread by the Living word of God.
You have a lot to say about the "Living word of God". It seems, however to the contrary, that the Bible has nothing at all to say about it.

There seems to be not the slightest mention of it in the Bible. So what could you possibly mean by being "in this thread by the Living word of God?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There you go people. The cross is meaningless.. We do not even have to know or believe it happened. God will just save us..
You cannot know or believe that Jesus died on the cross, by reading scripture, you must be Born Again of The Spirit to know that.

Only the Spirit of God can testify that truth to our hearts as we are becoming Born Again....that is the testifying of the Spirit to our spirit,Gods Living truth.

Your spirit is still dead and alienated from God, looking to the cross in your fallen inherited nature....

The cross doesn’t make you Born Again, the Living Spirit of God that makes our spirit Born Again....it’s “ BECAUSE “ of the cross, that we can receive the Living Spirit Of Christ....

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"believe in your spirit".

What is that ?
That is where your teaching is lacking in spiritual Living knowledge imo, you teach the written word, you don’t understand that the Living word is what birthed us into Christ Spirit..

Commentary.

The Bible says in John 4:24 “God is a Spirit…” hence, we can only make contact with Him through our spirits. When He wants to communicate with you, He does so directly with your spirit, not your head or your mind; it’s a Spirit-to-spirit communication. This is also the kind of communication that takes place when you pray in the spirit – in other tongues; it’s a God-ward communication. Your spirit makes direct contact with God’s Spirit: “For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him, howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries” (1 Corinthians 14:2).

Spirit gives birth to spirit.....are you actually saying that you don’t know God in your spirit, via His Spirit, by which we receive the Living spiritual rebirth.

Or do you think the written word birthed your spirit?

The Living Spirit is the witness in our spirit, that relays his Living word to understand in our mind....our minds need renewing as we have been Born Again...we have started a Living supernatural spiritual relationship with God....our spirit is now in fellowship/ spiritual relationship with God...because Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Our spirit is Born Again..by the Living Spirit....therefore without that knowledge ,all you do is teach the written word from your own intellect and understanding...
Its not in a bible, @Ritajanice .

The NT says that with the Heart, you believe....>Faith is in your HEART., and your Spirit is born again.

So, again, this pharse you keep posting.... .. "believes in the spirit".. did you make it up, or is it something a Hyper Calvinist wrote that you've memorized?
We are birthed in the Spirit, Spirit gives birth to spirit....Biblical.

Our spirit communicates with God?

Our spirit has been brought Alive by the Spirit Of God, when he births our spirit into His.

Our relationship with God is through our spirit, as we are spiritual children.

Do you actually understand what the Living word of God is....or do you only understand the written word, having no knowledge of Gods Living word?

I have never heard you teach that Gods Spirit is a “ Living “ Spirit?

God has given me much more spiritual understanding lately...imo...that is why I question you....

Not teaching that Gods Spirit is A Living Spirit and that is how he communicates with his children.

MY RED FLAG IS MOST DEFINITELY FLYING AT TOP OF THE FLAGPOLE...FULL MAST...

Last edited:

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You cannot know or believe that Jesus died on the cross, by reading scripture....
In fact, it is only through reading scripture or hearing scripture from a preacher that you can know what it even means that Jesus died on the cross.

Rom 10:14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?