Understanding John's Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's false. All prophecy was new at some point and nothing was violated. The two are men who are killed then resurrect.
Imagine a new prophet, by just identifying himself as one of the 2 witnesses, he or she has violated verse 22:18.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine a new prophet, by just identifying himself as one of the 2 witnesses, he or she has violated verse 22:18.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

No, that is warning about adding to or remove from the prophecy of Rev. It does not affect any prophecies God reveals to new prophets. John was not shown everything. No prophet is.

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, that is warning about adding to or remove from the prophecy of Rev. It does not affect any prophecies God reveals to new prophets. John was not shown everything. No prophet is.
Your logic is unsound. To fulfill the prophecy A with new prophecy B is by any measure adding to the prophecy A.
One last point. Consider 2 verses of Revelation. All speaks of witnesses. Coincidence? Or do arguments of spiritual anthropomorphism still hold sway.

Revelation 1:2
Who bare record [3140] of the word of God, and of the testimony [3141] of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

Revelation 11:3 ►
And I will give power unto my two witnesses[3144], and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

strong's 3141. marturia μαρτυρία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Usage: witness, evidence, testimony, reputation.

strong's 3140. martureó μαρτυρέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Usage: I witness, bear witness, give evidence, testify, give a good report.

strong's 3144. martus μάρτυς, υρος, ὁ
Part of Speech: Noun, Masculine
Usage: a witness; an eye- or ear-witness.

I have reasoned all I care to, I leave the last words to you. Have a good day.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Isaiah chapter 29. . The hirelings can't understand the book of revelation. God put spirt of stupor on them.
God's Election have holy spirit, documentation, first Peter chapter 1 and romans chapter 8.
The seals of revelation chapter 6 are out of order. The seals align with the 7 signs of Matthew chapter 24.
Revelation chapter 8/9. The trumps are in order. The first 4 trumps align with zechariah chapter 1. The four Horns are education system, economic, and political and religion.

The first four trumps of revelation chapter 8 are the four horns of zechariah chapter 1. Education, economics, political, religion. These four agencies are brainwashing people to accept the coming one world political system of revelation chapter 13.
Were in 5 th trump, its probation.
Satan as antichrist will come 6th trump to Jerusalem, 5 month period.
7th trump Jesus arrives in Jerusalem, the millennium begins.
Revelation chapter 20 is about the millennium. It's time of teaching and discipline for the spirtualty dead or wicked. At end of millennium, is judgement day. Jesus is decide who is worthy for eternal life. They are judged by their works.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan as antichrist will come 6th trump to Jerusalem, 5 month period.

Rev 13 says there is 41 months not 5 months. 5 months is something mentioned in the 5th trump not the 6th trump.

Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
Rev 9:2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
Rev 9:3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
Rev 9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.
Rev 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.