Understanding John's Revelation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now that we have the baptizer, John down pretty well now we 'll turn our attention to the Lord Jesus.

The Lord Jesus the other of the two witness.

we know that Moses is the analogy, or the shadow, or the symbolic representative to our Lord.
Here are some compiled similarities between Jesus the Christ and Moses.
1. both have a close relationship with God the Father. Moses a face to face Physical (human) meeting. the Lord Jesus a Spiritual Face to face. John 1:18 "No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.
2. both were ordained by God the Father to deliver his people from bondage. Moses Physical bondage, the Lord Jesus Spiritual bondage
3. both Moses and the Lord Jesus were saved from death when they were small children, while most other Israelite male children of the same age and place of birth were murdered.
4. both the Lord Jesus and Moses refused the possibility to become rulers in their age. Satan offered Jesus the rule over the kingdoms of this world (Matthew 4:8-9), but Jesus rejected that offer and chose to suffer and die for the sake of the people of the world. Moses acted in a similar manner; he had been raised as a son in a royal family, and he could have had a lavish lifestyle, but he chose differently. he suffered for the people sake.
5. both the Lord Jesus and Moses were "called out of Egypt".
6. both Moses and the Lord Jesus interceded for Israel, not allowing the destruction of the nation
7. both the Lord Jesus and Moses "mediated" between Israel, (now the church), and the true God.
8. both the Lord Jesus and Moses were Lawgivers. Moses the carnal Law of Stone. Jesus the Spiritual Law of the heart.
9. both had water connection.
10. both died, and no man knows where their GRAVE are.
this is just a few, their are many more.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I presume that you wrote that tongue in cheek and with a smile?
Yes, obviously we have come to know the Truth...and been translated from darkness into light. But it goes without saying that not one of us can say that " we" have every jot and tittle of the scripture revelation and message perfectly correct.
I have often prayed " Lord deliver me for ever thinking that I have learned all there is to know from the depth of Your Word.."
People who believe that they have "arrived" at all the truth there is to know..have stopped- "growing in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen." 1 Pet.
That in my book, is why the Bible is a living book...it never grows old , layer over layer of truth- nuggets to be revealed.

...in His Victory....
Oh goodness no ByGrace.....Not done tongue in cheek and with a smile at all.

You said no matter how much we study scripture we can not KNOW the Truth in it; we can only believe that God has shown us (individually) The Truth. It appears to me you are saying that you have your truth and I have my truth (the Truth in scripture is relative to me). You also said that "obviously we have come to know the Truth". You have me very confused.

I believe since scripture is The Truth and we are saved by this Truth that He isn't hiding The Truth from us. You seem to see it as a moving target.

Jesus said if we hold to His teachings we can know The Truth and it will set us free (John 8). You are saying we can't know the Truth.

God WANTS us to live in harmony with one another so that together we may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 15). The writers of scripture desired that we all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you and that we be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment (Corinthians). It seems to me you are saying once we believe we have arrived at the Truth and we all agree with the Truth we have stopped growing in grace.

He wants us to be in the unity of the faith so that we may not be tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive (Ephesians).

Jesus asked that we all be one just like the Father is in Him and he is in the Father, may they also be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me. He said he gave us the Truth so that they we may be completely one, so that the world may know that you have sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me (John 17).

I could go on and on and on with scripture and what it says about unity or being one voice. However you seem to believe that after 2,000 years of having scripture we still have nuggets to be revealed.

It seems to me you are saying we haven't figured out The Truth of scripture after 2,000 years of reading it? We are still revealing nuggets of The Truth after 2,000 years that the Apostolic or Church Fathers missed or got wrong? Even when you do reveal what you FEEL is a new nugget of truth in scripture based on your own theory we can't even know if your "new truth" is even true because 5 years later you make reveal a "new truth" about that truth.

FINAL NOTE: I find it interesting and sad that you partially (mis)quoted Peter to fit your belief. If you read a few lines before what you quoted it says this: There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures. You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability.

How can we take care that we are not carried away by ones who twist scripture if the Truth of scripture is relative or, according to you, we can never know the Truth of scripture?

Curios Mary

Reactions: 101G

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all
The two witness, John the baptist and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Evidence #1. Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God".
Here, the titles, LORD (all caps) and God is Used. and a voice of "one" crying in the wilderness.

Evidence revealed. Matthew 3:1 "In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, 2 And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. 3 For this is he that was spoken of by the prophet Esaias, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight".
ok, we made the connection of the voice of "one" crying in the wilderness with John, but is he the Elijah to come? Malachi 4:5 "Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: 6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse". case closed on John but now the Lord or the LORD who is God.

Evidence #2. Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God".
here the LORD all caps is used to identify God in the same verse. but when we get to the new testament it's the Lord, and not the LORD who's way is Prepare for. scripture, John 1:23 "He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias". but be reminded, Isaiah 40:3 above says the LORD. so is the Lord the LORD?, yes. the LORD is the Lord diversified in flesh. unless one have a contradiction in the bible.

so again John and the Lord Jesus are identified as the two witness using old testament scripture, as well New testament scripture. no doubt they are the two witness.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all. while answering another person on another topic, an answer I gave supported the Lord Jesus as one of the two witness. scripture, Revelation 19:10 "And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy". the Lord Jesus the Christ is walking TESTIMONY, or WALKING PROPHECY. John 12:16 "These things understood not his disciples at the first: but when Jesus was glorified, then remembered they that these things were written of him, and that they had done these things unto him". the apostle Peter said, 1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow". to testify beforehand is to speak prophecy, and the Lord Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

so the Lord Jesus is a "WITNESS" to the truth as well as john, John 5:32 "There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.John 5:33 "Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth. there are your two witness

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
if Revelation chapter 12 is the Birth of the messiah, the Head of the Church, which he is building, and chapter 11 is of his ministry, the two witness John and the Lord Jesus. we continuing to read revelation backward by chapters, chapter 10 is the commission and the spreading of the Gospel.
Revelation 10:1 "And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire".
this description is none other that the Lord Jesus who is the Holy Spirit coming down from heaven commissioning men to spread the everlasting gospel.
evidence #1. "a rainbow was upon his head", Revelation 4:3 "And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald".

Evidence #2. "his face was as it were the sun". Matthew 17:2 "And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light".

Evidence #3. "his feet as pillars of fire". Revelation 2:18 "And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass". Revelation 1:15 "And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters".

this is no doubt the Lord Jesus who is the HOLY GHOST coming down from heaven with the everlasting Gospel and power. 1 Peter 1:12 "Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into".

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
chapter 9, the mystery most christian get confused with is on the symbolic words, locusts, and scorpions. I have heard that these are from helicopters, to aliens. I have heard it all. well let's see what the bible says. scorpions, just what are they according to the bible? Ezekiel 2:6 "And thou, son of man, be not afraid of them, neither be afraid of their words, though briers and thorns be with thee, and thou dost dwell among scorpions: be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house". God have just told us who and what scorpions are, unrepentant people, sinners. that these people have the "POWER" to kill you, meaning unregenerate people in high places. locusts: Nahum 3:17 "Thy crowned are as the locusts, and thy captains as the great grasshoppers, which camp in the hedges in the cold day, but when the sun ariseth they flee away, and their place is not known where they are". kings, and hired officers, princes and governors, the ruling party of the day. let's see both together, Luke 10:17-19 "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. 18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. 19 Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you". there they are, evil and crafty men.

Revelation 9:7 "And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men". the book of Nahum clearly identifies these mens. 3:17 "Thy crowned are as the locusts, and thy captains as the great grasshoppers", yes "their heads were as it were crowns like gold". these are evil men who rule, not helicopters, or aliens. christian will be in oppositions with the state. christian will be persecuted, and have much tribulation. simply put wickedness in high places, Ephesians 6:10 "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.Ephesians 6:11 & 12 "Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places".

so the bible will interpret itself if one let it. note which trumpet sounds.

of course, these are my views. maybe others have others views.

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Wormwood,
If I may say you sound bitter. :) But always gladdened by serious inquiries of the Book of Revelation.

Alot has been said on this subject so I hope I don't repeat what was already said. Will definitely digest all these insights when I get a chance. But in the meanwhile here is my 2 cents worth, shooting from my hip without clear referencences.
The book of Revelation is an oracle against Christendom. Akin to prophecies of the old testament. The prophet is identified. The target and reason is given. Then here is whats going to happen.
The target is the seven churches. The 7 churches do not exist as functioning bishoprics and yet are in heaven, thus are an analogy of Christendom, the new earth yet to be.
The reason is the 7 Sealed Decree of God only Jesus whose name is better than all the angels can mediate to man. The 4 horsemen are from Zechariah and are angels from heaven checking out the earth - 4 is for the 4 directions of the compass (earth).
The fifth seal are martyrs. Because of the 1st to 5th seal, punishment is decreed by the 6th seal.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is no doubt the Lord Jesus who is the HOLY GHOST

Jesus is not the Holy Ghost.

Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:

Here the Spirit comes from heaven to Jesus. Jesus did not come to himself.

Reactions: MatthewG

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello Wormwood,
If I may say you sound bitter. :) But always gladdened by serious inquiries of the Book of Revelation.

Alot has been said on this subject so I hope I don't repeat what was already said. Will definitely digest all these insights when I get a chance. But in the meanwhile here is my 2 cents worth, shooting from my hip without clear referencences.
The book of Revelation is an oracle against Christendom. Akin to prophecies of the old testament. The prophet is identified. The target and reason is given. Then here is whats going to happen.
The target is the seven churches. The 7 churches do not exist as functioning bishoprics and yet are in heaven, thus are an analogy of Christendom, the new earth yet to be.
The reason is the 7 Sealed Decree of God only Jesus whose name is better than all the angels can mediate to man. The 4 horsemen are from Zechariah and are angels from heaven checking out the earth - 4 is for the 4 directions of the compass (earth).
The fifth seal are martyrs. Because of the 1st to 5th seal, punishment is decreed by the 6th seal.
The 7th seal - All the hope and longsuffering of the saints will heard and answered.
The 7 trumpets is a call to war, spiritual war.

All the symbols have been or will be fulfilled
144000 = 12 x 12 x 10 x 10 x 10 = fullness of God's new Earth. All knees will bend for the King.

Every institution that protected and elevated the christian soul will now be set asunder. The church will be given to the wild beasts and made desolate see "A pale horse anyone?" Every dogooder with a bad idea will rip the church of it's strength. The Great Commission will be silenced (and a new commission will be issued to a world properly chastised).

The Two Witnesses are the old and new Testament, the bible was suppressed by the catholic church till about the Great Bible for about 1260 years. Dogooders with bad ideas will render them in appropriate in the modern age. But before the end of days, the Bible will breath fire anew with the help of the Holy Spirit.

The woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars was the faithful of the 12 tribes. The first begotten nation came before to the only Begotten Son

The dragon were the angelic dogooders that answered no to Michael. Satan is the beast of heaven which begat the beast of the sea, that begat the beast of the earth.

The mark of the beast are the cultural trappings which take away from obeisance to God. It is a belief that man belongs in history. Christians are merely byproducts of civilization. It is the first 6 seals, trumpets, vials repeating itself over and over again without resolution of the 7th.

Reference
Zechariah 6:1And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass. 2In the first chariot were red horses; and in the second chariot black horses; 3And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses. 4Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord? 5And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the Lord of all the earth.

Ezekiel 1
5Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. 6And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.

17When they went, they went upon their four sides: and they turned not when they went. 18As for their rings, they were so high that they were dreadful; and their rings were full of eyes round about them four. 19And when the living creatures went, the wheels went by them: and when the living creatures were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up. 20Whithersoever the spirit was to go, they went, thither was their spirit to go; and the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels. 21When those went, these went; and when those stood, these stood; and when those were lifted up from the earth, the wheels were lifted up over against them: for the spirit of the living creature was in the wheels.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Two Witnesses are the old and new Testament, the bible was suppressed by the catholic church till about the Great Bible for about 1260 years.

Let's see how that fits into scripture:

Rev 11:7 And when (THE OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT) shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And (THE OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT)'s dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two (TESTAMENTS) tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and (THE OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT) stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And (THE OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT) ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Wow, the old and new Testaments have feet! I wonder which testament can run faster!

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Let's see how that fits into scripture:

Rev 11:7 And when (THE OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT) shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Rev 11:8 And (THE OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT)'s dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
Rev 11:9 And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.
Rev 11:10 And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two (TESTAMENTS) tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
Rev 11:11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and (THE OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT) stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Rev 11:12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And (THE OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT) ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

Wow, the old and new Testaments have feet! I wonder which testament can run faster!
Thanks for the question

(shooting from the hip)
Rev 11
3And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.

The bible was basically suppressed in daily worship but were situated in universities and monasteries
So from the time of Constantine to the Great Bible and King James was 1260 years. The Great Bible was the first state authorized bible (old, new and apocrypha) written in the tongue of the people to be worshipped in every church of the land not just latin of the catholics.

4These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed. 6These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.

The bible will condemn those who speak against it and the overlooking angels report it to God. Immortality requires the Grace of God. If you harden your heart like pharoah against the wisdom of God then suffer as pharoah. Set your brothers free in Christ or die as the fool.
The bible witnesses the prophets, proverbs of the wise and psalmists (Old Testament) and the Only Begotten Son (New Testament). Without their words there is no life. I suspect God's absence from this world in the coming days will be a doozy.

7And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them. 8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified. 8And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

History has shown how the world has corrupted the Words of God, to the point of absolute meaningless like any other manmade philosophies.
Consider this forum as an example, a politically safe space so religious types can spout banalities, blasphemies, new age ignorance as if it was an epiphany. Theistic evolutionists and arm chair textual critics who want to kill Adam and render everyone a hip antiChrist. Homosexualism and transhumanism is now debatable within a Christian community. Makes me pine for the calvinista. Yes, the corpse of the bible is bandied around by the so called christians wrestling over the body of Christ and Moses. It will no longer produce martyrs as the Words are not obeyed, thus it is effectively dead .

9And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

This will occur in middle of the week, or before the end of the last week or endtimes. The Holy Words are sprinkled on self-righteous salad as flavouring.

10And they that dwell upon the earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.

Merry Xmas, long live santa. Where is my mtv? It was only sex honey, are those donuts. I won't elaborate any further, but I hope you get the image. :)

11And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them. 12And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them. 13And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Like I said cynical about anthropogenic Global warming. But I am bully on God's Perfect Storm. No sparing the rod please. Like it is said there are no atheists come final exams.

So the feet is the deal breaker :). I guess we the ten horned beast, the seven heads are gonna be a doozy of a convo.

Once again, thanks for the question. Good luck in your endeavours.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, thanks for the question. Good luck in your endeavours.

The two prophets that are killed and resurrect and stand on their feet are two men. Any other interpretation is wrong.

EclipseEventSigns

Jul 19, 2023
north america
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
“Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near.” (Revelation 1:3, ESV)

The book of Revelation is supposed to be a blessing. For many, however, it has been a book of mass confusion and contention. This forum will explore how to understand this complex book and show how this book is indeed an incredible blessing that challenges and changes us in ways unlike any other book of Scripture.

In my understanding of Revelation, these are the things that have unlocked it for me.
1. Revelation is one of the most Old Testament focused books of the New Testament. Without a proper understanding of the Law and Prophets, Revelation will never make sense.
2. Some of the major keys are to focus on the references to the tabernacle furniture throughout the book. God gave Moses the blueprints of the earthly tabernacle because it was to be a mirror of what existed in heaven. Revelation explains one of the reasons why the earthly tabernacle was given.
3. There are many allusions to imagery from the Prophets. One must go back to where those are explained in Daniel, Zechariah, Ezekiel and others.
4. Translations are mostly based on the Greek text of Revelation. The Greek text is some of the worst Greek of the New Testament. Known to contain many grammatical errors. Some say it's embarrassing and wonder why God would allow such mistakes to have been made. Very few come upon the Aramaic text of Revelation and in studying see the perfect grammar, poetic language, word plays and much better understanding of some confusing phrases. Of course, this statement will be ridiculed. But as with any truth, it will eventually be accepted.

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The two prophets that are killed and resurrect and stand on their feet are two men. Any other interpretation is wrong.
The timespan of 1260 days or days as years. No prophet has lived more than 1260 years and as resurrection is only after the Great White Throne, an old prophet coming back to life presents certain adjustments in interpretation of the eschatology. So that means new prophets within a 3.5 year time frame. First problem is what prophecy in sackcloths. A new prophecy is not likely because it would be adding to the Sciptures. An old one? If so which one, can't imagine one that needs to be earthshakingly fulfilled? A 3 or 4 year prognostication is impressive but not earth shattering. It is right up there Q-Anon. :)

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A new prophecy is not likely because it would be adding to the Sciptures.

That's false. All prophecy was new at some point and nothing was violated. The two are men who are killed then resurrect.