Understanding The HolySpirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

D

Dave L

Christ is the messiah who came in flesh. did the Father come in Flesh? yes or no.
How can he not? God is omnipresent.
“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.” (Colossians 2:9) (KJV 1900)

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can he not? God is omnipresent.
“For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.” (Colossians 2:9) (KJV 1900)
all the fulness of the Godhead bodily?, because he was "SHARED" in flesh. and now after the resurrection he is glorified in Spirit. so the fulness is not in Person but in Glorification.

so try again.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God in Three Persons..
ok farouk, let's see if there are three persons.
Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

according to Dave verse 5 is suppose to be all the Person in the Godhead. but verse 4 say "FROM" him "which is, and which was, and which is to come", and FROM, "the seven Spirits"

ok farouk, is this letter from three persons, or according to Dave 5 persons, or is the Letter from ONE person, your answer please.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
ok farouk, let's see if there are three persons.
Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

Revelation 1:5 "And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

according to Dave verse 5 is suppose to be all the Person in the Godhead. but verse 4 say "FROM" him "which is, and which was, and which is to come", and FROM, "the seven Spirits"

ok farouk, is this letter from three persons, or according to Dave 5 persons, or is the Letter from ONE person, your answer please.
John's Gospel, chapters 1, 13 thru 17; John's First Epistle; end of Matthew 28: God in Three Persons; not up for negotiation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All that the Father gave to Jesus will come to him. And every plant not planted by the Father will be rooted up.
Yes, but do not presume as to who it is that the Father has given to Jesus. Don't presume as to who it is that will be rooted up. You have missed something important: what it means to be led by the Holy Spirit. Without that there will be nothing good, which means like God is.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Rom 8:14

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John's Gospel, chapters 1, 13 thru 17; John's First Epistle; end of Matthew 28: God in Three Persons; not up for negotiation.
ok, lets take this one gospel at a time.
John 1.
John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made". this is refering to the WORD, Jesus right.
now,
Isaiah 45:11 "Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
Isaiah 45:12 "I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
and this
Isaiah 44:24 "Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

the one who made everything is also the CREATOR. so please tell me who is the CREATOR and MAKER, which PERSON, for the CREATOR and MAKER said, "I" which indicate only ONE person, also which of the THREE person Created everything, and made everything. your answer please.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Negociation, no, and in this case not even discussion. Everyone agrees that the Bible says there is only One God, but when we start trying to describe God using only the Bible, the disagreements abound. Why argue what we cannot prove to the satisfaction of everyone? Believe what you believe but don't insist on calling belief, knowledge. They are not the same. We do not serve God from knowledge but according to faith, which is...

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Negociation, no, and in this case not even discussion. Everyone agrees that the Bible says there is only One God, but when we start trying to describe God using only the Bible, the disagreements abound. Why argue what we cannot prove to the satisfaction of everyone? Believe what you believe but don't insist on calling belief, knowledge. They are not the same. We do not serve God from knowledge but according to faith, which is...

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1
Well, Scripture is the yardstick; and fundamental doctrine is and ought to be self-evident from the Word.

Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

Yes, but do not presume as to who it is that the Father has given to Jesus. Don't presume as to who it is that will be rooted up. You have missed something important: what it means to be led by the Holy Spirit. Without that there will be nothing good, which means like God is.

"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." Rom 8:14
And these will not be rooted up. You can rest assured.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The main ministry of the HolySpirit is that of a teacher.
That would be for Christians. Not only that but He leads and guides into ALL TRUTH, which means that He shows Christians the difference between the lies of Satan and the truth of God. But unless Christians are constantly in the Word and making the Word of God their supreme authority, they will be deceived (as one can see on any Christian forum).

But you are forgetting another important ministry of the Spirit, which is the EMPOWERMENT of believers to walk in the Spirit and thus fulfil the Law of Christ. It is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure. And Christians can grieve the Spirit and quench the Spirit if they are not totally under the control of the Spirit and obedient to the Word of God.

For the unsaved, the Holy Spirit is the one who convicts and convinces sinners when the Gospel is preached, and draws them to Christ. Then Christ baptizes them WITH the Spirit so that they are "born of the Spirit". That is when He regenerates those who believe so that they become children of God. But He takes it one step further and baptizes believers into the Body of Christ BY the Spirit.

Not only that but He is also the divine Restrainer of Satan and His evil spirits on earth. If He did not restrain evil, this world would become totally overrun with evil. As it is the whole world lieth in wickedness.

In other words, there are several important and critical ministries of the Holy Spirit which you have missed. So if you wish to truly understand the Holy Spirit (who was also present at creation, and had a part in creation), then you will need to dig a lot deeper.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Scripture is the yardstick; and fundamental doctrine is and ought to be self-evident from the Word.
Self-evident from the Word of God! But not self-evident from the Bible! This is why I always hesitate or avoid calling the Bible the Word of God. The Bible is like Jesus hanging dead on the cross. Once he died, he did not speak any more. While his flesh lived, when he spoke it was always God's Truth. It was always the Word of God. That dead body on the cross was only a dead carcass of a man. But on the third day there was a resurrection, a bringing back to Life.

This is why people reading from the same Bible will disagree with each other. When they read and study that book learning for themselves what it says they will so often disagree. The Word of God is never wrong and never contradictory.... but the Bible is, for the Bible only reveals according to the interpreter what it reveals. If it is the spirit of man or the brain/mind of man drawing conclusions we will see the discrepancies. When it is the Holy Ghost/Spirit in a person doing the interpreting it is always the truth:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:5-6

So what we find is a great many mixed messages, with some part
from men and some part from God. The message spoke completely and always under the anointing of the Holy Ghost, that is, while the person is in the Spirit throughout will always be the Truth, God's Truth. Very few people remain under the anointing or in the Spirit for very long. Their messages are usually canned rather than directly from God even though based on the scriptures.

The result: 40,000 plus denominations based on the same scriptures... with a little of the Word of God sprinkled in here and there. Who is to lead us... our pastors and ministers or the Holy Ghost?

Remember that atheists also read the scriptures and what kind of a message do they teach?

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Self-evident from the Word of God! But not self-evident from the Bible! This is why I always hesitate or avoid calling the Bible the Word of God. The Bible is like Jesus hanging dead on the cross. Once he died, he did not speak any more. While his flesh lived, when he spoke it was always God's Truth. It was always the Word of God. That dead body on the cross was only a dead carcass of a man. But on the third day there was a resurrection, a bringing back to Life.

This is why people reading from the same Bible will disagree with each other. When they read and study that book learning for themselves what it says they will so often disagree. The Word of God is never wrong and never in contradictory.... but the Bible is for the Bible only reveals according to he interpreter what it reveals. If it is the spirit of man or the brain/mind of man drawing conclusions we will see the discrepancies. When it is the Holy Ghost/Spirit in a person doing the interpreting it is always the truth:

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John 14:26

"Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."
II Cor 3:5-6

So what we find is a great many mixed messages, with some from men and some from God. The message spoke completely and always under the anointing of the Holy Ghost, that is while the person is in the Spirit throughout will always be the Truth, God's Truth. Very few people remain under the anointing or in the Spirit for very long. Their messages are usually canned rather than directly from God even though based on the scriptures.

The result: 40,000 plus denominations based on the same scriptures... with a little of the Word of God sprinkled in here and there. Who is to lead us... our pastors and ministers or the Holy Ghost.

Remember that atheists also read the scriptures and what kind of a message do they teach?
I would always regard the Bible and the Word of God as referring to the same thing.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would always regard the Bible and the Word of God as referring to the same thing.
You may do that and many people do, yet do you have an answer as to why atheists read the Bible without understanding and why believers disagree and often even contradict one another using the same scriptures? People very often follow the lead of other people without checking in with God. Other people can be very helpful and sometimes they are led by the Holy Spirit. Sometimes they are led by their own head and/or by a minister who has missed God.

Consider the amount of carry-over from the Catholic Church when the first Protestants actually separated in their protests. On some things they were likely correct while on others they likely indeed carried with them errors long held as truth by the organized church that was before Martin Luther.
Where is the growth toward God?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You may do that and many people do, yet do you have an answer as to why atheists read the Bible without understanding and why believers disagree and often even contradict one another using the same scriptures? People very often follow the lead of other people without checking in with God. Other people can be very helpful and sometimes they are led by the Holy Spirit. Sometimes they are led by their own head and/or by a minister who has missed God.

Consider the amount of carry-over from the Catholic Church when the first Protestants actually separated in their protests. On some things they were likely correct while on others they likely indeed carried with them errors long held as truth by the organized church that was before Martin Luther.
Where is the growth toward God?
I don't think we are using the same terms in the same way, so it's hard to discuss this clearly.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we are using the same terms in the same way, so it's hard to discuss this clearly.
Well you pray about it and at least consider what I have said. I don't claim to have all of the right answers by any means.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heresy is defined by scripture. And Christendom uses the scriptures to define heresy. Historically any non trinitarian idea about God is heretical. And the churches teaching otherwise are a cult. Scripture bears this out clearly.
Indeed, Christendom does use scripture to define heresy...but only after they invented the word. Which they have done because, like their fathers before them who killed the prophets, they sit in Moses' seat, but are not without blame themselves, leading many astray.

False prophets are not just outside, but also inside. Many whom have lead Christendom, have done so as blind leaders of the blind, wolves in sheep's clothing.

So there is nothing authoritative of Christendom itself, even though it was offered to them. Thus, just as the scriptures must be discerned spiritually, so too churches and their leaders must be tested also. But the scriptures are not enough. For this reason Jesus told the twelve, "I have many more things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them yet." Which things do not come by the written or spoken word, but by the spirit, as He said, "He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches." Which He did not say to the leaders of the churches only, but to whomever has an ear to hear what the spirit says. But many will have you believe that He only said it to the leaders, which they do claiming that they are as God sitting in the holy places made by men.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Swear by one? "Father" is a title, as well as "Son" of the Same person. one can only swear by one
If a person swears only by the Father, or only by the Son, or by the Spirit...he does not know but the One by whom he swears. Which is not a falsehood, but it is an indication that he does not know all truth, as by the Holy Spirit. For this reason brother is against brother and child against parent, because they do not fully know who they fight for or against.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a person swears only by the Father, or only by the Son, or by the Spirit...he does not know but the One by whom he swears. Which is not a falsehood, but it is an indication that he does not know all truth, as by the Holy Spirit. For this reason brother is against brother and child against parent, because they do not fully know who they fight for or against.
hence the reason to know,
John 14:13 "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son".

someone posted that the Name of all person in the Godhead is Jesus. is this so?.