Understanding The HolySpirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too bad denominational doctrines are taught rather than God's actual word. Primarily by teachers that have refused to ask for the fullness he brings when Jesus does the baptizing. Thank God forevermore that Jesus came for me rather than men fronting for man's creation, the denominations. Denominations rarely if ever teach anything of the Holy Spirit then dismiss the power and anointing he brings. That's all. After forty + years of being baptized in his Holy Spirit I now have others telling me it's all a big error. So tiresome. The book of Acts has never ended. Disciples are still walking at the direction of the Holy Spirit and are witness to his moves and great works.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, Jesus, the name which is above every name.
Isaiah 9:6 KJV
[6] For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Tecarta Bible PremiumEverlasting Father

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[6] For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

This is an interesting verse to read understand regarding the issue of the everlasting father.

Having read several scholars they agree it is not mean the first person of the Trinity, but as the father in the context of being the source of our salvation for eternity.

The rest is pretty simple. Prophecy tells us he will be the king who sits on the throne of David in the MK. He will bring peace to the world and to all of us for eternity. His spirit is the second person of the Trinity, therefore God.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus first baptized me in the Holy Spirit I had no comprehension of what had happened to me. I was speaking in a language I'd never learned. I then read about it in the Bible. For the first year or so there was a word I spoke very frequently.

It's pronounced exactly like this "YESH-ua" with all emphasis on the first four letters and the last two falling off and barely pronounced. Later I learned it meant Jesus.

Thanks be to God he's shown these things to the ignorant and foolish of the world as the wise mock their stupidity and gullibleness. Thank God for every brother Amos.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh, yay! I forgot about this verse! Apt reply. Well done! It's very nice to meet you.

Of course, it wont stop the wisdom of men from saying that just because God said, through Isaiah, that Jesus would be called mighty God, that doesn't mean God approves of it. (rolls eyes.) (rolls eyes again.)

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God spoke to the prophets and they wrote the words on scrolls. Later the scrolls were assembled at God's word into the many books we call the Bible.

Men came along with their own words, their own creations we call denominations. They readily received a part of God's written words, the ones agreeing with their doctrinal statements, the other parts they say "hath God said"? Like another once said in Genesis. Therefore revealing in their created doctrines a changeable God. One whose word changed to suit their pathetically restricted faith and beliefs. A thousand arguments, denials, twisted explanations of scriptures are presented as factual evidence against what God has so clearly said.

The Holy Spirit is the wonderful gift presented to us that receive by the baptism that Jesus alone performs. Oh my friends how could I have made it through the sicknesses and deaths of family members, the death of two of my children, countless trials, heartaches and tribulations of the past forty plus years without the wonderful, gentle, wise, powerful, gracious Holy Spirit of the living God?

Once as sat resting in the woods from my wood cutting labors a beautiful monarch butterfly floated silently by. The Lord spoke and said "compared to my Holy Spirit that butterfly is vicious". I was amazed. To consider such gentleness is beyond my comprehension. How marvelous!

Last edited:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When Jesus first baptized me in the Holy Spirit I had no comprehension of what had happened to me. I was speaking in a language I'd never learned. I then read about it in the Bible. For the first year or so there was a word I spoke very frequently.

It's pronounced exactly like this "YESH-ua" with all emphasis on the first four letters and the last two falling off and barely pronounced. Later I learned it meant Jesus.

Thanks be to God he's shown these things to the ignorant and foolish of the world as the wise mock their stupidity and gullibleness. Thank God for every brother Amos.
Hmm for me, I was in the spirit in a class room, teaching me about how we have everything backwards by demo, using maths to me, than He said " if you understand these things I will give you a greater revelation" and than the board flipped and HE spelt His name "YESHUA" for me. didnt know it was spelt that way at the time.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 15:26

26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

The HolySpirit is the comforter, Jesus, explaining to the disciples that when He left He would not leave them without a comforter.
He will be the Spirit of truth and He shall testify of me, John 16:13

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

I understand when the HolySpirit was poured out in the book of Acts it was quite amazing.
Just reading it thrills the believer beyond belief.
Through the years He has been made out to be something He is not.
The main ministry of the HolySpirit is that of a teacher.
For most, that simple ministry of the HolySpirit takes the wind out of their sails. They need more fire and cloven tongues to prove how God can use them.
Like they have a special calling, to their shagrin God is no respector of persons.
Simply put He does not get as exsited as much as we do when a celebrity or politician or king gets saved, it is all the same to Him. He does put much emphasis on a person's past, He is more interested in who and what you are today.
I know when I was involved in several different denominations, some had HolySpirit schools and meetings where they gave their ideas about the HolySpirit.
You say what is wrong with that, first it is not what Jesus said he would do when he came.
The HolySpirit needs to be taught but it must be in the context it was given.
My first sunday school class lesson after I got saved was on the HolySpirit. I didn't know a father from a son to a spirit, new to me but I was hungry. Our teacher was the associate pastor and very good teacher when I look back. I learned things that have stayed with me for all these years that have been invaluable. He gave us a paper for going through the class that I framed.
Has my understanding been perfect through the years, no, is it perfect now, no.
The point I'm trying to make is without your understanding the HolySpirit as your teacher you will never see Christ as your life.
We have the resurrected life of Jesus himself that dwells in every born again believer.
The HolySpirit is in the soul-mind where your understanding is, where you learn. We must yield our minds to him to see what he has to say.
Don't worry about power, don't worry about taking in tongues, yield your mind, the main member of your body to see who you are as a born again believer.

Excellent Post!

God IS Eternal, Everlasting,
without Beginning, without Ending....
He IS: That HE IS:
The ABSOLUTE source of ALL Knowledge...
AND UNDERStANDING of ALL Knowledge.

His WORD, (in the flesh), called Jesus;
...comes forth out from Him, to deliver mankind HIS KNOWLEDGE.

His SPIRIT, (called POWER), called Christ;
...comes forth out from Him, to deliver mankind HIS UNDERSTANDING of HIS KNOWLEDGE.

God created the Heavens, Earth, their Inhabitants, their necessities for sustaining their existance, FOR HIS Pleasure.

Every Aspect of Gods Creations, God KNOWS, from beginning to ending, What ALL will think, believe and freely choose to do;

And Has PREPARED, "A WAY", for ALL, TO RECEIVE, "exactly", what "they freely CHOOSE".

In the Beginning GOD sent forth HIS WORD out from Him, FOR mankind to Hear WHAT God Himself, KNOWS, will effect the MOST FAVORABLE outcome for mankind...FOR WHEN men are DECIDING, what things he shall CHOOSE to believe, and do.

Some men, Hear, and find Wisdom In Gods Word and follow.
Some men, Hear, and Reject Gods Word.

The BEAUTY of Gods Created "inhabitants", called mankind (and angels) IS the FREEWILL each has TO Accept OR Reject, Gods WORD.

The BEAUTY of THOSE WHO ACCEPT Gods WORD, ALSO Receive; HIS SPIRIT (POWER),
WITH them...

And should the Individual man MAKE a VOW of COMMITMENT TO thee Lord God...
THEY Receive, HIS SPIRIT (POWER)
WITH "IN" them....FOREVER.

GRASP THAT!!

Men SAY, in such UN-emotional expression;
"I'm saved and born again"....
but then, will oooh and aaahhh and wow and at how they partied, or a sports team won a game, or a fashion design of new clothing is revealed, or what a Hollymud "celebrity" said and did, how they know every word of song that is about having sex or killing their mama.

The gambit of what words men can HEAR and REPEAT verbatim, (with GREAT enthusiasm), "OF THE WORLD" is endless.

Now THINK about THIS...

The WORD of God. What God has to SAY, for ALL men to Hear. WHOSE mouth is ooohing and aaahhhing and wowing and repeating HIS WORD, and ooohing and aahhhing and wowing TO HEAR "His" Word?

FEW, in comparison to what the WORLD has to say.

THE FEW, WHO freely CHOOSE, Hear and Follow and MAKE a Commitment....WOW!!

WHAT "DO" they receive "BECAUSE" of their Freely made choice....TO COMMIT?

GRASP THIS....The IMMENSITY....The WOW..

"THE POWER OF THE CREATOR HIMSELF"
"THAT ENTERS AND DWELLS WITHIN THE MAN"... "IN THE MAN" !!!!

Comprehend THAT...Gods Own Power...
"IN" a man!!!

"THE VERY "KEY" that "UNLOCKS" "OPENS" the DOOR, "TO", "THE UNDERSTANDING" OF GODS OWN KNOWLEDGE, given mankind VIA HIS WORD!!!

DOES Scripture have some VERY BASIC knowledge, like do this, don't do that?

Sure.

How about, IF you do this, the result will be such n such. And IF you do that, the result will be such n such?

Sure.

BASIC KNOWLEDGE, a little child could grasp.

How about, Scriptures that are a bit more complicated? Like, a man can LOSE Salvation without having YET received Salvation?

Sure.

WHAT TO DO? HOW TO FIGURE THAT OUT?
Find out what a Philosopher says it means?
Ask a Pastor what he thinks means?
Ask your friends what they think it means?
Ask the internet what strangers think it means?
Think in your own CARNAL mind, what your mind LOGICALLY conclude it means?

EH! Wrong!

What about THE DOOR you entered, THE KEY, given you, THE POWER of God WITHIN YOU....to ASK and RECEIVE "GODS UNDERSTANDING of "HIS OWN WORD"...??
WOW!!!

Do people NOT comprehend, "God WANTS men Sealed unto Him, TO KNOW, "HIS UNDERSTANDING"?
AND HE, (NOT FLESH AND BLOOD) IS "the giver of HIS Understanding?

Grasp THAT! Embrace THAT! Ask, Take, Receive, THAT, which is AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT, for ALL men, that ARE SEALED unto Him.

Gods Understanding of His Own Word...WOW,
What AN AWESOME GIFT...

And seemingly SO MANY who, HAVE BEEN GIVEN THAT GIFT...are STILL, "quoting and in agreement with Philosophers, Pastors, Internet Strangers"....using their CARNAL MINDS Logic, deciding "IF" agreement "WITH" FLESH and BLOOD, "makes sense" to TRUST! WHY?

Glory to God,
Happy New Year,
God Bless,
Taken

Last edited:

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has as many ways to do things as there are people. Whatever it takes to reel them in. At the great passion play in Eureka Springs I looked over the audience as the Lord said that many there would never think about Going into a church but he had many devices.

Becoming all things to all men is a great device that he works through us if we are willing. Listening to those things we don't like or enjoy and humbling ourselves, putting our want toos on the back burner will open doors to speak the words of the gospel.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've created too narrow a box for the Holy Spirit. He is not just our teacher. For instance, interpretation of tongues is by the Holy Spirit, and involves these: 6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching?

If you just want teaching, fine. But there is so much more you are missing.

Paul also said the gifts were for the children

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've created too narrow a box for the Holy Spirit. He is not just our teacher. For instance, interpretation of tongues is by the Holy Spirit, and involves these: 6 But now, brethren, if I come to you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you unless I speak to you either by revelation, by knowledge, by prophesying, or by teaching?

If you just want teaching, fine. But there is so much more you are missing.

It may be you have not understood what we are learning, or should say who we are learning.
You cannot get any deeper in God than to see Christ as your life. It is the everything of God, in you. You can come behind in no spiritual gift and not know Christ as your only life.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't yield our minds easily.

Agree. HOWEVER....
You Do have the Authority To DECLARE, SPEAK, and COMMAND your mind to YIELD to the thoughts of your spirit in your heart.

May sound silly or trivial...HOWEVER, remember WHO's Spirit (Power) is IN Your spirit in your heart... Isn't Gods Power within you, STRONG enough to EFFECT a righteous Act that you Declare FOR yourself?
BTW...an ACT, God Himself "Desires FOR YOU"?

The Carnal Mind, IS AGAINST God.
The Spirit of God IS IN your spirit, IN your heart.
He absolutely DOES WANT your Carnal Mind to yield to your spirit, That HIS POWER, can Effect that it BE So.

Our minds want to argue. But I HAVE to store treasure or I'll be eating cat food in my old age. But I don't FEEL like God guides my steps, even though He said He does. But I NEED to worry about this circumstance because He isn't DOING anything about it.

Yes, storing treasures up in Heaven is good.
However YOU have to Accumulate Treasures, TO STORE up in Heaven.
"Treasures one CAN STORE UP IN HEAVEN", is not FOOD, is not HIS WORD".
HIS WORD IS 'our food" ON EARTH.
We STORE Treasures up IN Heaven, BY Glorifying His NAME ON EARTH.

Sorry, but complaining how you FEEL, He is NOT guiding you, IS NOT Glorifying to His Name. It IS rather, a testimony, He is FAILING you.

All of that is the direct opposite of trust (faith.) Yet we say we trust while doing the opposite. I wonder if I don't often seem to hear Him because I refuse to trust Him outrageously...

I agree, IN part, of that being a Trust issue...
But think it is more than a Trust issue.

Meaning, there is an underlying issue, that leads you to challenging His Trustworthness.

I don't know you, IF you are a believer....or IF you are A Converted, Born Again Commited Believer.

But I would suggest YOU earnestly set aside some time, and Examine and Assess YOURSELF.

You are right that people find complaining, easier than, resolving an issue. Especially IF the resolving requires the individual to closely examine themselves, their own downfalls...WHEN it is so much Easier to put that on God (or an other).

EVERY single person has "HARDSHIP" stories that pertains to them specific. NO ONE escapes that. (Thefts, lying to them, hurt feelings, cheated, unjust treatment, diseases, unruly kids, property distruction, money shortages, bills, and on and on.)

^ Those ARE mankinds BURDEN to bear.

God doesn't swoop down, Wave His Hand, and ones Credit Card bills magically disappear, BECAUSE one spent what one could NOT afford. Or CORRECT an unruly Child, Because the parent NEVER taught and prepared the child with a Godly Foundation. Etc.

Men "WITH" the Holy Spirit "WITHIN" them...
HAVE GREAT Authority to DECLARE, the VERY THINGS, God "WANTS" a man "TO HAVE".

And a man "WHO HAS" the Spirit (Power) of God IN THEM....UH...WHAT IS TOO GREAT, that Gods Power can NOT EFFECT something TO BECOME accomplished?

YOU have to Examine yourself. Your own woes and issues and hardships...and read what Gods word says to direct you ON THAT specific thing. Declare "for yourself", "speak it" what His word says, and then ASK God Himself for His Power to EFFECT HIS WORD IN YOU, that YOU have Declared "for yourself", BE ACCOMPLISHED.

And a word to the wise...without Belief, without Trust, without Patience....you will find your efforts fruitless.

However...WITH belief, WITH Trust, WItH Patience...you will find overwhelming Joy and Peace.

And to mention a word about ..PATIENCE.
Patience is not particularly what a person wants to hear, when a dilemma or hardship is consuming their thoughts and troubling their daily existance.

However the key to understanding patience...
IS, trusting God is ALL knowing, and that He knows the EXACT moment, you NEED the answer to your dilemma, and SHALL provide it for you.

A person can drive themselves looney, worrying , wondering, trying to Figure out solutions to this or that.

Find His word in Scripture.
Declare it for yourself.
Ask God for His Power to resolve the dilemma
Be patient, wait. He has Plenty of messengers in the wings, ready, (when you least expect it), to give you the solution.

THEN...you can TESTIFY to others OF HOW Great your God is....Which Glorifies His Name...
And Stores Up Treasures In Heaven,
FOR YOU.

Glory to God,
Happy New Year,
God Bless,
Taken

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read through the thread and I suppose the trinity will remain a mystery :) I've learned if something is to hard to understand such as the trinity, just believe it as it is written.
Oh and should add; thank God what we believe is not a determining factor in salvation, but in whom we have believed and his wonderful finished work of the cross.

D

Dave L

Indeed, Christendom does use scripture to define heresy...but only after they invented the word. Which they have done because, like their fathers before them who killed the prophets, they sit in Moses' seat, but are not without blame themselves, leading many astray.

False prophets are not just outside, but also inside. Many whom have lead Christendom, have done so as blind leaders of the blind, wolves in sheep's clothing.

So there is nothing authoritative of Christendom itself, even though it was offered to them. Thus, just as the scriptures must be discerned spiritually, so too churches and their leaders must be tested also. But the scriptures are not enough. For this reason Jesus told the twelve, "I have many more things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them yet." Which things do not come by the written or spoken word, but by the spirit, as He said, "He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says to the churches." Which He did not say to the leaders of the churches only, but to whomever has an ear to hear what the spirit says. But many will have you believe that He only said it to the leaders, which they do claiming that they are as God sitting in the holy places made by men.
Do you think the church grabbed their ideas out of thin air? Prove them wrong on the trinity using scripture. Then state your claims.