• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not understanding your post, I can’t relate to “ saved” only imo in its proper context....we must be Born Again then are saved from eternal damnation.

The quote was from you #217

Ritajanice said:

Who are the elect of God?​

ANSWER
Simply put, the “elect of God” are those whom God has predestined to salvation. They are called the “elect” because that word denotes “determining beforehand,” “ordaining,” “deciding ahead of time.” Every four years in the U.S., we “elect” a President—i.e., we choose who will serve in that office. The same goes for God and those who will be saved; God chooses those who will be saved. These are the elect of God.
How can you know you are saved, without becoming Born Again by the “ Living “ word of God?

Note I said Gods “ Living “ word, which is Alive in Spirit?

I’m not familiar with John Calvin...not interested in his teachings, I’m only interested in the Holy Spirit teachings.

You wrote " Simply put, the “elect of God” are those whom God has predestined to salvation. They are called the “elect” because that word denotes “determining beforehand,” “ordaining,” “deciding ahead of time.”
The same goes for God and those who will be saved; God chooses those who will be saved. These are the elect of God.

This IS basic Calvinism. "PREDESTINATION" and if this is your belief then you believe in predestination

I’ve posted commentaries from another perspective, doesn’t mean I agree with them.
Then you need always say before the post that you dont agree ... or right after

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The quote was from you #217

Ritajanice said:

Who are the elect of God?​

ANSWER
Simply put, the “elect of God” are those whom God has predestined to salvation. They are called the “elect” because that word denotes “determining beforehand,” “ordaining,” “deciding ahead of time.” Every four years in the U.S., we “elect” a President—i.e., we choose who will serve in that office. The same goes for God and those who will be saved; God chooses those who will be saved. These are the elect of God.

You wrote " Simply put, the “elect of God” are those whom God has predestined to salvation. They are called the “elect” because that word denotes “determining beforehand,” “ordaining,” “deciding ahead of time.”
The same goes for God and those who will be saved; God chooses those who will be saved. These are the elect of God.

This IS basic Calvinism. "PREDESTINATION" and if this is your belief then you believe in predestination

Then you need always say before the post that you dont agree ... or right after
Yes, I do believe in predestination...it is God who chooses, you cannot imo/ belief ,choose to become Born Again...that is a Living spiritual rebirth....I became “ Born Again “ by the will of God, as his word says...not by the will of man.

Man has no power to become Born Again, only Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Ephesians 1:11
Audio Crossref Comment Greek
Verse (Click for Chapter)
New International Version
In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,

New Living Translation
Furthermore, because we are united with Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us in advance, and he makes everything work out according to his plan.

English Standard Version
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will,

Berean Standard Bible
In Him we were also chosen as God’s own, having been predestined according to the plan of Him who works out everything by the counsel of His will,

Berean Literal Bible
in Him, in whom also we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of the One working all things according to the counsel of His will

when God births out spirit into his...Spirit gives birth to spirit....what does that mean to you?

We are Born Again and are saved from eternal damnation....by the “ Living “ word of God...how do you know that you have been Born Again?...

No problem if you don’t want to answer.

Saved as I’ve explained doesn’t make sense on its own....we must be Born Of The Spirit then we are saved from eternal damnation....

What does Born Again mean to you...can you explain how you became Born Again by the Living word of God?

Becoming Born Again is the Living Spiritual rebirth...what does that mean?

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader,

The Born again exist IN the Kingdom OF God.

What is that?

Its this.. ,"God is A Spirit".

A.) "Spiritual Kingdom" = Kingdom of God.

So, what part of you, is THERE ???
What part of you is "seated in Heavenly Places, in Christ'.........right now???

Its not your body, as you can see it, so that is not : SPIRITUAL.

Its your BORN AGAIN...."new creation"... that is Spiritual, and is "'ONE with God""...
This is Spiritual UNION with God, that was lost by 1st Adam and restored to you, by The Cross of Christ who is the 2nd Adam.
When you believe in Jesus and are born again, you have become "ONE with God'.... = Spiritual Union established "in Christ" = Forever.

Welcome to : ETERNAL LIFE

Reader...
"God is A Spirit" and your born again SPIRIT is now become a part of God.
(That is not water baptism),
So, to become born again SPIRITUALLY = This is how the born again exist in the Kingdom of God, as a "new Creation".... Son/Daughter of God.
See that?
That is not your body or your mind or your feelings.

Now, think about that which i just taught you..... so that when you SEE it... then what i'll write below, is going to help you end your striving to be good and failing.... issue.

Reader,
Notice this partial verse.. Romans 6:6

1.) ""knowing THIS.... our OLD MAN is crucified with Christ"..

Now, do you know that your old man is your carnal mind and your "flesh".
You have to understand this.. or KNOW THIS>.. as Paul teaches.... or you will not be able to come to the renewed mind that is the first part of the Thread that explains your born again spirit, being in the KOG.
So, where is your "old man of sin"

Notice this verse...2 Corinthians 5:17

2.) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: OLD things are passed away....; behold, all things are become new.

Now what is "passed away"?
Its mean DEAD....
Look at #1... "Our OLD MAN is CRUCIFIED with Christ".
Reader, if you are crucified you are "passed away"..

So, what is now the "ALL things have become NEW"? A.) = That is you as the born again "NEW Creation, in Christ"..child of God.

See it?

Now here is the CONTEXT.. of this Teaching..

Romans 6:2

"""""How shall we, that are DEAD TO SIN, live any longer therein?”

Now, if you are dead to sin, then why are you breathing?
Its because Paul is talkig about your sin consciousness and your "old man of sin".. not your body or your mind or your feelings.

So, Where is your old carnal mind "flesh"... "old man of sin"?
Its Dead.
You just read that in a couple of verses.
Now Believe it.
Why is it dead?
Because its "Crucified with Christ", Reader.

And Where is Christ?
Is He dead?
No......He is RISEN, and if you are born again, you are also risen with Him in "newness of LIFE"... (Eternal life) Born again.. as a "New Creation".
= "Seated in Heavenly Places" in the KOG.

Now you can't see any of that, Reader.
However, that is ALL THAT GOD SEES of you, if you are born again., as that is You as the "Son/Daughter" of God.
Do you.....See that MIND of God, regarding you ??
Now you have to learn to only SEE yourself, as HE SEES YOU... at all times..
You have to get that renewed mind.
And when you get it, and you have it, then you have= "worked out your Salvation". You've seen the LIGHT. You have the Revelation. regarding who the born again have become "IN Christ".

Now how do you get the old man who is crucified, behind you, and out of your thinking?

Its not by striving.
Its not by resisting carnality.
Its not by trying to be good.
NO...

Here is how you do it.

Romans 6:11

Paul teaches us...

"""" RECKON yourselves to be
DEAD indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

That means to see it that way, .. period.

And how do you do that?

All you have to do is see yourself as God sees you.
Get HIS MIND... as your perception of yourself.
Reader, if you are born again... then GOD sees your sin as eternally forgiven, and your old man of carnality as DEAD and Crucified, and you as ALIVE UNTO GOD, as a born again,= "A New Creation in Christ".

If you will get that understanding, as your MIND< then God's Grace that has removed the curse of the Law from you, will empower your Holy Living, every day.

Now once you SEE this revelation and you get that mind, you have for the very first time.. "put on the Helmet of SALVATiON".
Good morning Behold, And how are you all? One Must Be Born Again to Enter the Kingdom

Love, Walter And Debbie

Reactions: Ritajanice

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Reader,

see yourself as God sees you.
Get HIS MIND... as your perception of yourself.
Reader, if you are born again... then GOD sees your sin as eternally forgiven, and your old man of carnality as DEAD and Crucified, and you as ALIVE UNTO GOD, as a born again,= "A New Creation in Christ".

If you will get that understanding, as your MIND< then God's Grace that has removed the curse of the Law from you, will empower your Holy Living, every day.
Now once you SEE this revelation..... and you get that mind, you have for the very first time.. "put on the Helmet of SALVATiON".

Reader, understanding who you have become "as a new Creation in Christ'" ,as God understands this... = when you have this as your FAITH..... then you have "worked out your salvation".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Good morning Behold, And how are you all? One Must Be Born Again to Enter the Kingdom

Love, Walter And Debbie

Yes, we are "Born again" into the KOG.

Its a spiritual birth INTO a spiritual Kingdom

"God is A Spirit", and to be "translated from Darkness (unbelief, not born again), into... LIGHT"..

= "God exists in Light" and ""Jesus is the LIGHT of the World"".... and now being born again into that same, is to have become a :

"Child of the Light", and that is all the born again., as a "new Creation" "in Christ">

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I do believe in predestination...it is God who chooses, you cannot imo/ belief ,choose to become Born Again...that is a Living spiritual rebirth....I became “ Born Again “ by the will of God, as his word says...not by the will of man.

Man has no power to become Born Again, only Spirit gives birth to spirit.

Aright then.

You have the basics to know about Calvinism.

Have you read anything about what @Behold says about either Calvinism or predestination?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Aright then.

You have the basics to know about Calvinism.

Have you read anything about what @Behold says about either Calvinism or predestination?
I’m going to leave it here,Rella....I believe what I believe the Holy Spirit has taught me...I’m led by the Holy Spirit, not by man.....on saying that I agree a lot with what Behold teaches, ...but...we don’t agree on everything...which is ok.

He’s my Brother in Christ and I Love him very much,xxx

Reactions: JunChosen

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, we are "Born again" into the KOG.

Its a spiritual birth INTO a spiritual Kingdom

"God is A Spirit", and to be "translated from Darkness (unbelief, not born again), into... LIGHT"..

= "God exists in Light" and ""Jesus is the LIGHT of the World"".... and now being born again into that same, is to have become a :

"Child of the Light", and that is all the born again., as a "new Creation" "in Christ">
3-24-24
Thursday 7-6-23 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tammuz 17 5783, 16th. Summer Day

Hello, I have been thinking about the OP and the different posts, but have not received any revelation on what Jesus was talking about to Nicodemus. But I'm glad to have an understanding of these views on this thread and more on other site forums.

I was looking at: It is by scripture we as Christians are not Born Again until we are caught up to be with Christ 1 Thessalonians 4:17, and 1 Corinthians 15:51-58

But here are some views from Bing:
In Christianity, being born again means having a spiritual renewal or change of heart by accepting Jesus as the Savior and Lord. It is not about physical birth or external requirements, but about receiving salvation and becoming part of God’s family1.

The phrase “born again” is frequently misinterpreted. Looking at its primary reference, we see that its meaning is not about physical birth, but about experiencing a spiritual renewal. It is an expression used by many Protestants to define the moment or process of fully accepting faith in Jesus Christ. It is an experience when the teachings of Christianity and Jesus become real, and the “born again” acquire a personal relationship with God2.

Also, we will be in prayer about this process.

www.biblegateway.com

Bible Gateway passage: John 3:3-8, Colossians 1:15-18, Romans 8:29, Revelation 1:5, 1 Corinthians 15:50, Galatians 4:26, 2 John 1, 2 John 13, Revelation 12:1-5, Hebrews 12:23, Malachi 3:1 - King James Version

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say...
www.biblegateway.com
www.biblegateway.com
Love, Walter And Debbie

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Thursday 7-6-23 5th. Day Of The Weekly Cycle, Tammuz 17 5783, 16th. Summer Day

Hello, I have been thinking about the OP and the different posts, but have not received any revelation on what Jesus was talking about to Nicodemus. But I'm glad to have an understanding of these views on this thread and more on other site forums.

Reader,

1,) Earth Birth.... = your mother's water broke, and out you came, all wet. = "born of water".

2.) Spiritual Birth...."Jesus said you must be BORN.... AGAIN"....

"Again"... that is #2,...... as you already had your first birth, according to your mother.

So, unless you were hatched or came here in a UFO< you came out of your mother womb all wet.

So, as "God is A Spirit", He is going to birth you "Spiritually" as "born again, .. = "a new creation in Christ"

But here are some views from Bing:
In Christianity, being born again means having a spiritual renewal or change of heart by accepting Jesus as the Savior and Lord. It is not about physical birth or external requirements, but about receiving salvation and becoming part of God’s family1.

Reader,

"Bing" "wikipedia"...= secular.... answer SEARCH, so, going to a secular site looking for Christian Answers, is like a Jew studying Chinese to learn how to walk on a high wire.

Its kinda like taking a empty cup into a ditch to get water, right after a rain storm.
Yeah, sure....you can fill your cup........

Not a good idea., ...............and what can be a worse idea is going to a "christian website" that the Devil has created.
"come on in, ive some THEOLOGY For you'... "come and get it"..
And so... someone asks....."behold.....how do you know which is that one" ?????
And.. "how do you know which "christian forum" is that one?????

Well, that is why you need a good Teacher Who has Spiritual Gift #1 and #3

Look those up, and remember that its PAUL who teaches those....

The phrase “born again” is frequently misinterpreted. Looking at its primary reference, we see that its meaning is not about physical birth, but about experiencing a spiritual renewal

So, this "spiritual renewal" phrase..... is as vague as a distant STAR @WalterandDebbie .

That is like an American, who looks like a woman, but behaves and dresses like a man and their name is "Pat" or "Chris"..
So, what is it? Male? Female , or ....... quite a mess..

Lets be specific...

If you are a burned out Accountant, and you take a month of vacation to recharge, and you come back fresh and energized..

That is a spiritual renewal, but that is not "born again".

Jesus said """you must be born again""", and that is a reference to "in Adam we all die"... so, "In Christ we are all made ALIVE".

See that, Reader? That is Jesus saying "I came to give you LIFE">.. What life? John 14:6

And that is your Spiritual BIRTH, that is literally The Holy Spirit of God birthing your spirit as "born again" into The Spirit of God.

That is what "in Christ" means.
That is what "ONE with God" Means.