• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
When we are born again, . .. this is our SPIRiT.....Its not our body, or our mind.

The "carnal mind".. is still there, and we have to get that corrected, and that happens by revelation.

What revelation..??

A.) We have to understand that God's sees us, not as "down there in a body that is dying"..

He sees us, ONLY and Always... = "in Christ", "seated in heavenly Places"., as a "new Creation" = born again.

A.) God sees the born again, as the born again SPIRIT< = ........as THIS.... is the Son/Daughter of God.

And... READER.... that has to be understood and believed, and that isn't going to happen until someone Teaches you, so that you can even see it, to know to do it.
Most believers have been taught none of this, their entire Christian lives...

The BELIEVER has to realize that the "new creation in Christ" is not the body or the mind... .its the SPIRIT, that is Born again.. And God only sees THAT, as who we have now become., and that is all He will ever see.

So, this is all Spiritual thinking, understanding, and revelation, and when we dont SEE IT that way yet, then we are in the carnal mind.
That is the mind of the "flesh" and that mind can't understand the things of God, or the Bible...
That mind wants to worry about law and commandments and self effort and performing for God, vs, resting in the Grace of God and the (born again) Eternal Salvaiton that is become us, based on the Cross of Christ.

The New Creation, is not the old thinking, or the old anything,..... as "all things have become NEW"....
And THAT is God's eternal perspective of us.....and that is what we have to BELIEVE...

Our mind has to begin to see ourselves as God sees us, as a born again Spirit, and not as anything else.
And that is very strange to the mind that has spent an entire life, enjoying sin... and living in darkness.
And now, that mind has to get the revelation that is simply to see ourselves as God sees us, at all times.

God never again sees us as a sinner, ever again.
God never agains sees us as needing to be Re-forgiven.

He only sees us as "ONE with God".. "In Christ". "made righteous"..

And that is a different mind, and its something we have to get and keep.
If a believer does not have this, they will talk about sin and law, and confessing sin and keeping commandments, and live in one chapter in the NT that says.. "that which i want to do i can't and that which i hate i do".

Those believers are : Hebrews 6:1

They are diaper babies.. they are lacking any spiritual maturity, as spiritual maturity is REVELATION Knowledge, not behavior patterns or a "trying to be like Christ".... lifestyle, as they wrongly believe.
Excellent , Amen!!!..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Behold ...once again I received heart revelation from this..So, this is all Spiritual thinking, understanding, and revelation, and when we dont SEE IT that way yet, then we are in the carnal mind

.thank you Brother....always learning and growing..Praise God!...

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold ...once again I received heart revelation from this..So, this is all Spiritual thinking, understanding, and revelation, and when we dont SEE IT that way yet, then we are in the carnal mind

.thank you Brother....always learning and growing..Praise God!...

It can be difficult to see it, when we are deep into the end times and very little of Paul's doctrine can be found because everything but The Grace of God is being preached, taught, and continually.

Let me show you what i mean.

Notice this..

"Jesus who saved you keeps you saved"

"God who began your salvation in you, (born again spirit), will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL. to complete it".

Complete what?

What Jesus died to make possible for you, that once you have it, (born again) .. God completes it.

A.) Welcome To : SALVATION

Its "the Gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness" and "The Gift of Eternal life'.

So, can you do any of that , which God has PROVIDED ALREADY?

Its not for us to TRY.
Its only for us to RECEIVE.

Yet you come to a forum or go to most churches, and they'll have you trying to keep yourself saved.
That is "confess sin"...
"keep law"
"Keep commandments"
"trust that water washed your sin away".

See all that?

There is NO CROSS in any of that, and yet that is all you hear on a Forum, and mostly in Church.

"do this... do that.. .confess, keep..... try... strive.... "

"Its all on you".

And none of that is God's Salvation.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It can be difficult to see it, when we are deep into the end times and very little of Paul's doctrine can be found because everything but The Grace of God is being preached, taught, and continually.

Let me show you what i mean.

Notice this..

"Jesus who saved you keeps you saved"

"God who began your salvation in you, (born again spirit), will HIMSELF be FAITHFUL. to complete it".

Complete what?

What Jesus died to make possible for you, that once you have it, (born again) .. God completes it.

A.) Welcome To : SALVATION

Its "the Gift of Salvation" and "The Gift of Righteousness" and "The Gift of Eternal life'.

So, can you do any of that , which God has PROVIDED ALREADY?

Its not for us to TRY.
Its only for us to RECEIVE.

Yet you come to a forum or go to most churches, and they'll have you trying to keep yourself saved.
That is "confess sin"...
"keep law"
"Keep commandments"
"trust that water washed your sin away".

See all that?

There is NO CROSS in any of that, and yet that is all you hear on a Forum, and mostly in Church.

"do this... do that.. .confess, keep..... try... strive.... "

"Its all on you".

And none of that is God's Salvation.
100% agree Brother....and thank you Lord for Behold......In Jesus Name, Amen!....

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Another thing that I’m in Awe Of God is, how he gets our will in line with his will, his will be done on earth as it is in Heaven....that really blows my mind....imo/ belief

John 6:38-40 - For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. (Read More...)

Look how Jesus said these words above....isn’t it breathtakingly amazing how his will was in perfect harmony with the Fathers will......

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've been taught that you are to sin, confess, and repeat.

See, everyone who reads : "that which i do i hate and that which i want to do i can't do" and does not read the rest of Paul's teaching is stuck in a wrong understanding.

Listen..
Paul wrote 12.9 more EPISTLES.... not just that chapter. And so many believers are trapped in that one chapter, because their pastor, church, denomination, is trapped in it.

PAUL didnt stop there...
THat was the beginning of His teaching = why the battle inside you happens...... and then he goes on to show you how to leave that wrong mind and find "Christ always Gives ME THE = Victory".

"Victory" is not...>"that which i want to do i can't".
Still, you have not responded to Romans 7:14-25. All you can say is that Romans 7 is not the only chapter Paul wrote. You sound like a Nicodemus full of questions for being a teacher of the Gospel!! Now if you don't understand the meaning of Roma 7:14-25 I'll be more than happy to expound it for you!! This has an important bearing to out subject.

To God Be The Glory

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The reason we don't know the time when we become Born Again, is because we are born at different times in history, but ultimately, we became born again when our Father elected us in eternity past before the foundation of the world. Revelation 13:8.

Again, this is so, because the elect are born at different times in history.

I believe I was led back to this post, this is true, we are all Born at different times in history, we are also “ Born Again “ at different times in history, only God knows the timing of us becoming reborn in our spirit.
Indeed Mind Blowing!! What a loving Father and gracious God we serve!!

To God Be The Glory
Another thing, we do not need to read a Bible to understand the spiritual rebirth, I had never read a Bible in my life, not until I was Born Of The Spirit, then I knew I was a child of God, as the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children , as he indwells our spirit ( he speaks to our spirit) that is the Living spiritual rebirth, Gods Spirit is Alive and Active , his Living Spirit is everywhere, just like the wind, ...he was watching over me all of my life and I never knew it, not until he decided by his will to make me Born Again and receive his Spirit into my heart, so yes, our spiritual rebirth was by the will of God, he works in our hearts even as non believers, to bring us to Jesus and to believe in his name...and to bring our spirit Alive in his, ....this is how I was Born Again, having never read a Bible....I was Born Again by the Living word of God ,Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...just posting for those who think you must read a Bible to become Born Again, you don’t......my testimony and belief....when the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children, that’s it , it’s a done deal.....we are now under grace and the will of God, all according to his purpose and plan...he chose us for his purpose, all we want to do is please him and Glorify his Name....

John 3​

King James Version​

3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

The wind is unexplainable. We do not know where it comes from or where it is going. Likewise the Spirit of God works in unexplainable ways. Where and how He is going to work His divine will is a mystery to us.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A.) We have to understand that God's sees us, not as "down there in a body that is dying"..
He sees us, ONLY and Always... = "in Christ", "seated in heavenly Places"., as a "new Creation" = born again.
I guess we have a different way of presenting the Gospel because I teach that as God looks at a born again person, He sees only "Christ's robe of righteousness" Isaiah 61:10 reads:
I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh [himself] with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth [herself] with her jewels.

If a believer does not have this teaching, yes they might talk about sin and law, and confessing sin and keeping commandments, and live in one chapter in the NT that says.. "that which i want to do i can't and that which i hate i do"
This is what the flesh does since it has not been born again until the last day when Jesus would have raised it up. "that which i want to do i can't and that which i hate i do".
Those believers are : Hebrews 6:1

They are diaper babies.. they are lacking any spiritual maturity, as spiritual maturity is REVELATION Knowledge, not behavior patterns or a "trying to be like Christ".... lifestyle, as they wrongly believe.
I believe you lack knowledge in understanding Romans 7 specifically in understanding Bible doctrines and its' interpretations!! You see our complete salvation is in two parts: "spiritual" and "physical." Now who lacks study??!!
To God Be The Glory

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness,

That's Luke 15:22

And that can be understood as becoming an "Heir of God", as a Born Again Christian.

Also, all things with God are covenant., and if you look at Isaiah 61:8, you see the reference to the New Testament Covenant, as stated in verse 8 as the "everlasting (eternal) covenant".

Why is it eternal for the born again?
Its because Jesus is "God manifested in the Flesh"... So that is God on the Cross, and so that is God's Blood being Shed.

Which is understood here..

"Jesus is the one time ETERNAL (BLOOD) Sacrifice for Sin""

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
he was watching over me all of my life and I never knew it, not until he decided by his will to make me Born Again and receive his Spirit into my heart, so yes, our spiritual rebirth was by the will of God, he works in our hearts even as non believers, to bring us to Jesus and to believe in his name...and to bring our spirit Alive in his, ....this is how I was Born Again, having never read a Bible....I was Born Again by the Living word of God ,Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...just posting for those who think you must read a Bible to become Born Again, you don’t.....
All have different times when we became born again. In your case, however; without your knowledge God was already "drawing you towards Christ." Jesus declared in John 6:44-45:
44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

Verse 45 teaches us that all believers will have been taught by God through His written Word without exception, and all that has heard and learned of the Father will come to Jesus.

To God Be The Glory

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's Luke 15:22
And that can be understood as becoming an "Heir of God", as a Born Again Christian.
Also, all things with God are covenant., and if you look at Isaiah 61:8, you see the reference to the New Testament Covenant, as stated in verse 8 as the "everlasting (eternal) covenant". Why is it eternal for the born again? Which is understood here..

"Jesus is the one time ETERNAL (BLOOD) Sacrifice for Sin""
Lol, It is BECAUSE there is only One Covenant!
The Old Testament believers look forward to the cross, and the New Testament believers look back

To God Be The Glory

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Lol, It is BECAUSE there is only One Covenant!

Can you read? @JunChosen

Can you count?

Listen,

The Old Testament contains the Old Covenant.

Deut 18 : ""But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his COVENANT which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day.""

See that one? that is #1...

(start counting.)

Here is # 2.

1+1

(Try reading.. a BIBLE.)
-
New King James Version
who also made us sufficient as ministers of the NEW COVENANT, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

American Standard Version
who also made us sufficient as ministers of a.... new covenant.....; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Berean Study Bible
And He has qualified us as ministers of a .....new covenant......., not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

English Revised Version
who also made us sufficient as ministers of a ..........new covenant............; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you read? @JunChosen
What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?
The Old Testament contains the Old Covenant
That is your perception!! The Bible is ONE COHESIVE WHOLE and therefore ONE COVENANT!! You can find the GOSPEL from Genesis to Revelation. as the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost

Now who does not know how to read and study??!! Speak for yourself!!

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?

That is your perception!!

No, thats just the simple understanding that the Old Covenant and the Old Testament, is not the New Covenant and the New Testament.

Notice.

There is no Cross of Christ in the Old Testament, so the old Covenant can't be that one.

And in the New Testament... "Christ is the End Of The Law, for Righteousness, to/for everyone who Believes".. in JESUS.

See that "Jesus".

He's not available until HE DIES ON THE CROSS, as the NEW COVENANT. = NEW Testament.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, thats just the simple understanding that the Old Covenant and the Old Testament, is not the New Covenant and the New Testament.

Notice.

There is no Cross of Christ in the Old Testament, so the old Covenant can't be that one.

And in the New Testament... "Christ is the End Of The Law, for Righteousness, to/for everyone who Believes".. in JESUS.

See that "Jesus".

He's not available until HE DIES ON THE CROSS, as the NEW COVENANT. = NEW Testament.
As usual you are in ERROR!! The efficacy of the cross goes all the way back from eternity past before the foundation of the world (Revelation 13:8)

To God Be The Glory

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Up to you, for tomorrow you die.

Why are you so hateful with Calvin? As I understand, without him and the reformers, the subject of salvation would not have been realized. And, that we will all be under the teaching of Arius that in order to become saved we must "ACCEPT" the Lord Jesus which is contrary to Romans 3:11.

To God Be The Glory
John Calvin(1509 to 1564) (quasi-successor to Martin Luther (1483 to 1546)} and was a self appointed prophet.

.... read the book Calvin, the Prophet
John Calvin as Sixteenth-Century Prophet
Jon Balserak

Which states in part...

Abstract​

This chapter builds on the findings of the previous chapter to argue that Calvin believed himself to be a prophet. It finds Calvin within a non-mystical, non-apocalyptic prophetic tradition which aligned itself with the Old Testament prophets and focused on scriptural interpretation. The chapter shows how Calvin’s self-identifying aligns him specifically and explicitly with Old, rather than New, Testament prophets. Continuing, the chapter argues that Calvin would have seen himself as possessing the same authority as Jeremiah or Ezekiel, and concludes by entertaining the idea that he may have believed himself to be infallible in matters of doctrine.

As such his teachings hold no more value to me then those of the Prophetess Mrs. Ellen G White (1827-1915 )or the Prophet Joseph Smith. (1805 to 1844)

Especially as "his" teachings state Calvin: Predestination

Predestination According to Calvin​

According to John Calvin, predestination is God’s unchangeable decree from before the creation of the world that he would freely save some people (the elect), foreordaining them to eternal life, while the others (the reprobate) would be “barred from access to” salvation and sentenced to “eternal death (180, 184).” Calvin was careful to distinguish the predestination of individuals from the corporate election of nations such as Israel (185). He argued that an explanation of predestination is only complete when it includes the election of individuals (187).

IOW... I have no say in my eternity as it has already been decided before creation... (evidently as part of the grand creation plan)

And you don't have a choice either.

And, that we will all be under the teaching of Arius that in order to become saved we must "ACCEPT" the Lord Jesus which is contrary to Romans 3:11.

Romans 3:11
There is none who understands,
There is none who seeks for God;

I would agree that you don't understand......

Romans 10:9-10
5 For Moses writes that the man who practices the righteousness which is [b]based on law shall live [c]by that righteousness. 6 But the righteousness [d]based on faith speaks as follows: “Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’ (that is, to bring Christ down), 7 or ‘Who will descend into the abyss?’ (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).” 8 But what does it say? “The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching, 9 [e]that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; 10 for with the heart a person believes, [f]resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, [g]resulting in salvation. 11 For the Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be [h]disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him; 13 for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

And this is not Calvin.......... This is Paul.tipping_hat_smiley.gif

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who are the elect of God?​

translate elect of God
audio

ANSWER

Simply put, the “elect of God” are those whom God has predestined to salvation. They are called the “elect” because that word denotes “determining beforehand,” “ordaining,” “deciding ahead of time.” Every four years in the U.S., we “elect” a President—i.e., we choose who will serve in that office. The same goes for God and those who will be saved; God chooses those who will be saved. These are the elect of God.

As it stands, the concept of God electing those who will be saved (predestination) isn’t controversial. It is a biblical truth (John 6:44, Romans 8:28-30, Ephesians 1:4-5). What is controversial is how and in what manner God chooses those who will be saved. Throughout church history, there have been two main views on the doctrine of election. One view, which we will call the prescient or foreknowledge view, teaches that God, through His omniscience, knows those who will in the course of time choose of their own free will to place their faith and trust in Jesus Christ for their salvation. On the basis of this divine foreknowledge, God elects these individuals “before the foundation of the world” (Ephesians 1:4).
"Simply put, the “elect of God” are those whom God has predestined to salvation. They are called the “elect” because that word denotes “determining beforehand,” “ordaining,” “deciding ahead of time.” Every four years in the U.S., we “elect” a President—i.e., we choose who will serve in that office. The same goes for God and those who will be saved; God chooses those who will be saved. These are the elect of God."

And makes no sense.

So God has chosen who is saved.

There is nothing we can do that would save us.

Then how would anyone ever know they are saved?

Its not like Calvin said "God’s unchangeable decree from before the creation of the world that he would freely save some people (the elect), foreordaining them to eternal life, and added, these are the steps to assure that...
i.e. Believe that Jesus was God's son, that He shed His blood for those who believe in Him... yada yada....

According to Calvin it does not matter and according to Calvin I dont know if I am and I dont know if you are
because as you say "The same goes for God and those who will be saved; God chooses those who will be saved. These are the elect of God."

Maybe done on a lottery system?

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Therefore, since according to you, God didn't give Christ for the rest and then give them the Gift of Believing, it is God's fault that the rest are not saved.

I feel so sorry for you for having such a sick, vicious, and malignant view of God.
Sounds very Calvinistic to me

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
"Simply put, the “elect of God” are those whom God has predestined to salvation. They are called the “elect” because that word denotes “determining beforehand,” “ordaining,” “deciding ahead of time.” Every four years in the U.S., we “elect” a President—i.e., we choose who will serve in that office. The same goes for God and those who will be saved; God chooses those who will be saved. These are the elect of God."

And makes no sense.

So God has chosen who is saved.

There is nothing we can do that would save us.

I’m not understanding your post, I can’t relate to “ saved” only imo in its proper context....we must be Born Again then are saved from eternal damnation.

How can you know you are saved, without becoming Born Again by the “ Living “ word of God?

Note I said Gods “ Living “ word, which is Alive in Spirit?
Its not like Calvin said "God’s unchangeable decree from before the creation of the world that he would freely save some people (the elect), foreordaining them to eternal life, and added, these are the steps to assure that...
i.e. Believe that Jesus was God's son, that He shed His blood for those who believe in Him... yada yada....

According to Calvin it does not matter and according to Calvin I dont know if I am and I dont know if you are
because as you say "The same goes for God and those who will be saved; God chooses those who will be saved. These are the elect of God."

Maybe done on a lottery system?
I’m not familiar with John Calvin...not interested in his teachings, I’m only interested in the Holy Spirit teachings.

I’ve posted commentaries from another perspective, doesn’t mean I agree with them.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How do you know that you have been Born Of The Spirit?

For me, the Spirit testifies with our spirit that we are Gods children....it’s a supernatural Living spiritual rebirth....he speaks direct to our spirit as he’s indwelling us, which is obviously relayed to our mind, straight away my spirit recognised Gods Spirit witnessing to my spirit that I’m his child....

I received the Holy Spirit into my heart and the Faith from God to believe in him...Faith is a gift from God a manifestation of the Spirit....he manifests in our heart.

Mind blowing it was...my testimony/ belief....I became Born Again by the Living word of God, not by reading a Bible.....

Last edited: