Understanding what is the "Abomination of Desolation".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's given to all who believe, not just for private interpretation of one..

It's given to all who believe, not just for private interpretation of denominations who believe that they have been shown the light of understanding. I believe that the SDA neatly fit into this category for private interpretation of the denominations.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's given to all who believe, not just for private interpretation of denominations who believe that they have been shown the light of understanding. I believe that the SDA neatly fit into this category for private interpretation of the denominations.
Well, read your Bible and see what says, and you will see its scriptural..

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do, I do, but I see a very different paradigm to what you are peddling.
I am not peddling a thing, just giving what is in scripture, and I would advise this text...
John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not peddling a thing, just giving what is in scripture, and I would advise this text...
John 16:13
Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

But we also need to be careful that we do not grab the first spirit that comes along to enter our lives. It may not conform to what Christ said would happen.

Sadly, you do not present what is in scripture. You present that the "beasts" are human entities, whereas the scriptures present the beasts as being "wicked fallen heavenly hosts" that can influence people to live within their evil domains to do their bidding. You do not believe what the scriptures plainly present. You believe in your ability to discern what is scripture, but you chose what parts of scripture that you accept and what parts of scripture that you reject, such that you believe in your "gospel news" rather than in God's.

You present as scholarship what is not actual scholarship and belittle people who point out the shortcomings of your scholarship as if they are ignorance in your eyes.

God has said that there are people who have eyes but do not see and ears that do not hear and you fit this description like a glove.

You need to renew your mind and to put on Christ.

Goodbye

PS: - This is the quote that I was thinking of when I penned the above: -

“If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don’t like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.” - Augustine

Last edited: