Understanding what is the "Abomination of Desolation".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We see this verse in Daniel 9:27

"27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

Christ refers to it in Matthew 24:15

"15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:"

The Jewish Rabbis have pushed the view that it was when in 167 B.C. a Greek ruler by the name of Antiochus Epiphanies set up an altar to Zeus over the altar of burnt offerings in the Jewish temple in Jerusalem. He also sacrificed a pig on the altar in the Temple in Jerusalem.

But it doesn't fit, as Jesus declared it looking forward in time, so was it the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD. And will it be a event turning the temple in Jerusalem into a place of worship for the Antichrist or the false Christ, which is truly an “abomination.” So what is the abomination of desolation.

Last edited:

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets look more at what we have in Matthew 24...

"15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be" Matthew 24: 15-21.

When Jesus put the words “when you see the ‘abomination of desolation’” with “flee to the mountains,” he speaks of a terrible event, and we see it when Jerusalem is taken by the Romans in AD 70. But Jesus was also speaking of the time of the end. The disciples actually asked a question pertaining to the temple and also to the end times.

“When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the close of the age?” Matthew 24:3.

There are two fulfillments of the abomination of desolation, the first was the literal siege of Jerusalem which began in 68 A.D. and the armies of Rome temporarily abandoned that siege, signaling Christians to flee the city. When the armies of Rome returned in 70 A.D., the temple was burned and Jerusalem destroyed, but the Christians had fled so none of them perished in the second Roman siege. This was the desolation referred to in Luke 21..

"And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto." Luke 21:20-21

It was the "type" or initial fulfillment. The second or "antitype" fulfillment which Christ also speaks to, is the answer to the question asked by the disciples with regard to the second coming.

Reactions: Cassandra

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Christ gave what clearly was prophecy which initiated the questions from the disciples...

Matthew 24:2
And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

The walls guarding Jerusalem and the Temple were destroyed with the stones of the Temple torn apart as the Roman soldiers looked for the melted gold and threw them down from the Temple Mount, in what can only be called a fulfilment of prophecy that Christ gave, of not one stone left upon another.

But the prophecy concerning the visitation of judgments upon Jerusalem is to have another fulfillment, of which that terrible desolation on the city in AD 70 was but a prelude of the destiny we will see at the end of the world that has rejected God's mercy and trampled upon His law, as we are seeing today.

Here is from my notes of the devastation in 70 AD and its multiplying affects in that period...
"According to Roman historian Cassio Dio, after the Temple was destroyed in 70 AD the worship overseen by the High Priest ceased. The site was covered over with rubble and a pagan temple dedicated to Jupiter set up on the Temple mount when Hadrian became Caesar (117 - 138 AD). Hadrian installed on the mount, two statues which was seem as idol worship to the Jews, one of Jupiter, another of himself. Hadrian, not only set up a Temple of Jupiter as a center of worship to Jupiter, but expelled the Jews from Jerusalem altogether, only allowing them to come in the city on the fast of Tisha B'av, the ninth day of the lunar month Av, a day of mourning for the destruction of the First and the Second Jewish Temple. This appears to have caused a second Jewish revolt with the intent of recapturing Jerusalem and reconstruction of the Temple, however Rome sent six full legions with auxiliaries and elements from up to six additional legions, which finally managed to crush the revolt. The pagan temple appears to have been rebuilt in the early Umayyad period: as the al-Aqsa Mosque, the Dome of the Rock which sits on the site today."

Now Christ points to what Daniel gives, and we see in Daniel 11:31
Daniel 11:31
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

This shows its tied to the relationship between God and His people and the accompanying worship services, and then the introduction of idolatry, which can only be called detestable. Solomon built what’s probably been the most magnificent Temple, but Solomon also added worship places for his wives’ false gods in the start of what the Bible refers to as an “abomination.”
1 Kings 11:1-4
1 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites:
2 Of the nations concerning which the Lord said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.
3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the Lord his God, as was the heart of David his father.

Putting another god in place of the true God is abominable, it is a act of abomination to God which leads to desolation when Gods protecting power is withdrawn. Thus the “Desolation” is the result of what you get without God. Jesus warned of what was to come in His rebukes to the religious leaders, because they had persistently led the people away from God to the point of rejecting God. He told them of this coming judgment of their rejection with these words were they were warned..

Matthew 23:38
Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

John wrote of their rejection of Jesus when He came..
John 1:11
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Last edited:

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what is the abomination of desolation.
It will be a statue image of the beast-king and set up on the temple mount.

Later, after Satan is cast down to earth in Revelation 12:7-14 and Ezekiel 28:16-19, Satan will be indwelling the statue image that will be turned to ashes at Jesus's return.

Here is graphic that I made of that day. Ezekiel 28:16-19 is about getting kicked down to earth, and being exposed so that the kings of the earth will behold him.

Revelation 19, small size.jpg

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It will be a statue image of the beast-king and set up on the temple mount.

Later, after Satan is cast down to earth in Revelation 12:7-14 and Ezekiel 28:16-19, Satan will be indwelling the statue image that will be turned to ashes at Jesus's return.

Here is graphic that I made of that day. Ezekiel 28:16-19 is about getting kicked down to earth, and being exposed so that the kings of the earth will behold him.

View attachment 42334
Well, lets see what the Bible tells us as Daniel had just gone through the destruction of Solomon's Temple and it had been laid waste and desolate, so he experience it as well as his fellow Jews.
Daniel 1:1-2
1 In the third year of the reign of Jehoiakim king of Judah came Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon unto Jerusalem, and besieged it.
2 And the Lord gave Jehoiakim king of Judah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God: which he carried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god; and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.

Now before the destruction of Solomon's Temple the Jews had been given a warning of what was the 'abominations' by Ezekiel as we see in Ezekiel 5...
Ezekiel 5:5-9
5 Thus saith the Lord God; This is Jerusalem: I have set it in the midst of the nations and countries that are round about her.
6 And she hath changed my judgments into wickedness more than the nations, and my statutes more than the countries that are round about her: for they have refused my judgments and my statutes, they have not walked in them.
7 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Because ye multiplied more than the nations that are round about you, and have not walked in my statutes, neither have kept my judgments, neither have done according to the judgments of the nations that are round about you;
8 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I, even I, am against thee, and will execute judgments in the midst of thee in the sight of the nations.
9 And I will do in thee that which I have not done, and whereunto I will not do any more the like, because of all thine abominations.

Ezekiel 5:11
Wherefore, as I live, saith the Lord God; Surely, because thou hast defiled my sanctuary with all thy detestable things, and with all thine abominations, therefore will I also diminish thee; neither shall mine eye spare, neither will I have any pity.

And in Ezekiel 6...
Ezekiel 6:11
3 And say, Ye mountains of Israel, hear the word of the Lord God; Thus saith the Lord God to the mountains, and to the hills, to the rivers, and to the valleys; Behold, I, even I, will bring a sword upon you, and I will destroy your high places.
4 And your altars shall be desolate, and your images shall be broken: and I will cast down your slain men before your idols.
5 And I will lay the dead carcases of the children of Israel before their idols; and I will scatter your bones round about your altars.
6 In all your dwellingplaces the cities shall be laid waste, and the high places shall be desolate; that your altars may be laid waste and made desolate, and your idols may be broken and cease, and your images may be cut down, and your works may be abolished.
7 And the slain shall fall in the midst of you, and ye shall know that I am the Lord.
8 Yet will I leave a remnant, that ye may have some that shall escape the sword among the nations, when ye shall be scattered through the countries.
9 And they that escape of you shall remember me among the nations whither they shall be carried captives, because I am broken with their whorish heart, which hath departed from me, and with their eyes, which go a whoring after their idols: and they shall lothe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.
10 And they shall know that I am the Lord, and that I have not said in vain that I would do this evil unto them.
11 Thus saith the Lord God; Smite with thine hand, and stamp with thy foot, and say, Alas for all the evil abominations of the house of Israel! for they shall fall by the sword, by the famine, and by the pestilence.

And God showed him even greater abomination...
Ezekiel 8:18
5 Then said he unto me, Son of man, lift up thine eyes now the way toward the north. So I lifted up mine eyes the way toward the north, and behold northward at the gate of the altar this image of jealousy in the entry.
6 He said furthermore unto me, Son of man, seest thou what they do? even the great abominations that the house of Israel committeth here, that I should go far off from my sanctuary? but turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations.
7 And he brought me to the door of the court; and when I looked, behold a hole in the wall.
8 Then said he unto me, Son of man, dig now in the wall: and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door.
9 And he said unto me, Go in, and behold the wicked abominations that they do here.
10 So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts, and all the idols of the house of Israel, pourtrayed upon the wall round about.
11 And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up.
12 Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, the Lord seeth us not; the Lord hath forsaken the earth.
13 He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
14 Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the Lord's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz.
15 Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these.
16 And he brought me into the inner court of the Lord's house, and, behold, at the door of the temple of the Lord, between the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men, with their backs toward the temple of the Lord, and their faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward the east.
17 Then he said unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit the abominations which they commit here? for they have filled the land with violence, and have returned to provoke me to anger: and, lo, they put the branch to their nose.
18 Therefore will I also deal in fury: mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity: and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them.

It was Pagan Sun Worship, not just the idols and images, and we can see it led to the fury of God and shows why He allowed the destruction...

Last edited:
  • Love

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to find out what an abomination of desolation is. We can just look at the words in the original text.

The word abomination in Hebrew is the word siqquis - it refers to a thing that is abhorrent, A thing that is Vile, or filthy, And unclean thing, an Idol.

Desolation means what it says,k to make desolate or uninhabitable

Then we look to see where it is, Daniel is told it will be on the wing of the temple. Jesus called it the holy place.

so we see it is an idol or unclean thing placed into the holy place. rendering it desolate (it is unclean, so sacrifice and burnt offering can not be made)

then we look at history, has it happened before. And we see as you showed. yes it was. when a Pig (an unclean thing) was slaughtered in the holy place..

This is what you should look for in the future..

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when Daniel wrote about the “abomination of desolation,” the sanctuary in Jerusalem had recently been destroyed with the entire city and even the wall of the city were demolished, the place was left desolate the results of their abomination. But Daniel also wrote about the sanctuary being restored, and that the Messiah, Christ would come the first time.

Daniel 9:25
Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

We see this when the Jewish exiles returned to Jerusalem following a decree from Cyrus the Great.
Ezra 1:1-5
1 Now in the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the Lord by the mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the Lord stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom, and put it also in writing, saying,
2 Thus saith Cyrus king of Persia, The Lord God of heaven hath given me all the kingdoms of the earth; and he hath charged me to build him an house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah.
3 Who is there among you of all his people? his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and build the house of the Lord God of Israel, (he is the God,) which is in Jerusalem.
4 And whosoever remaineth in any place where he sojourneth, let the men of his place help him with silver, and with gold, and with goods, and with beasts, beside the freewill offering for the house of God that is in Jerusalem.
5 Then rose up the chief of the fathers of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests, and the Levites, with all them whose spirit God had raised, to go up to build the house of the Lord which is in Jerusalem.

And then the construction started at the original site of Solomon's Temple, which had remained a devastated heap during the approximately 70 years of captivity of the Jews in Babylon.
Daniel 9:2
In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.

Although there was opposition, the building resumed in 521 BC under Darius the Great and was completed during the sixth year of his reign in 516 BC, with the temple dedication taking place the following year.

Now by the time Jesus issued His warning about “the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet,” Antiochus IV Epiphanes had reigned (168 BC), siding with the Hellenized Jews in Jerusalem to consolidate his empire and to strengthen his hold over the region, and tried to Hellenize the Jewish people which led to a revolt. But, when Jesus spoke of an “abomination of desolation,” it was more than a century after the Maccabean Revolt, so that certainly was not the “the ‘abomination of desolation’ He was indicating. He was prophesizing of what was coming in 70 AD.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to find out what an abomination of desolation is. We can just look at the words in the original text.

The word abomination in Hebrew is the word siqquis - it refers to a thing that is abhorrent, A thing that is Vile, or filthy, And unclean thing, an Idol.

Desolation means what it says,k to make desolate or uninhabitable

Then we look to see where it is, Daniel is told it will be on the wing of the temple. Jesus called it the holy place.

so we see it is an idol or unclean thing placed into the holy place. rendering it desolate (it is unclean, so sacrifice and burnt offering can not be made)

then we look at history, has it happened before. And we see as you showed. yes it was. when a Pig (an unclean thing) was slaughtered in the holy place..

This is what you should look for in the future..
It was not Antiochus Epiphanes, the Syrian king as he ruled from 175–164 B.C., and Christ was prophesizing not back, but forward in time to 70 AD as “the ‘abomination of desolation’ He was indicating..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was not Antiochus Epiphanes, the Syrian king as he ruled from 175–164 B.C., and Christ was prophesizing not back, but forward in time to 70 AD as “the ‘abomination of desolation’ He was indicating..
Your right, it is not

It has not happened yet, What Jesus spoke of is yet to occur.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After their release from Babylonian captivity and rebuilding the city and temple, the Jewish leaders erected a mountain of rules and regulations designed to protect them from repeating the sins that had led to their bondage, and the Sabbath became a special object of their changes. The Jews basically reasoned that since it was transgression that led to their captivity, they needed to define in minute detail how to keep from any sin, and this led to this overreach on how the Sabbath should be kept.

This led to hundreds of rules concerning Sabbath keeping and some of these Sabbath laws were as ridiculous. One could not leave an egg in the sun on the Sabbath because the sun might cook it, and cooking on the Sabbath was a violation of the fourth commandment. You should not look in a mirror on the Sabbath because you might be tempted to pluck out a grey hair and that would be reaping. A donkey could be led out of the stable on the Sabbath, but the harness and saddle had to be placed on him the day before. You were allowed to eat radishes on the Sabbath, but you were warned against dipping them into salt because you might leave them in the salt too long and pickle them and this was considered to be Sabbath-breaking. The Pharisees actually had discussions as to how long it took to pickle a radish. It was fine to spit on a rock on the Sabbath, but you could not spit on the ground, because that made mud and mud was mortar, and that was work. It just went on and on....

Of course, this only resulted in a system of absolute legalism and also the people began to believe that favor with God depended on how well they obeyed the traditions of their elders. So ultimately the people were led full circle to disobedience again as the Pharisees had made it a burden to the utmost if not a outright impossibility. Jesus comments that in spite of their apparent religiosity they were still breaking God's law even as their forefathers had during Isaiah's and Daniel's day.
Mark 7:6
6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
Mark 7:13
Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye

Once again the people found themselves immersed in what like most of mans traditions., led away from God and into false or rebellious worship. Now look at what it says in Haggai 3...
Haggai 3:3-9:
3 Who is left among you that saw this house in her first glory? and how do ye see it now? is it not in your eyes in comparison of it as nothing?
4 Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the LORD; and be strong, O Joshua, son of Josedech, the high priest; and be strong, all ye people of the land, saith the LORD, and work: for I am with you, saith the LORD of hosts:
5 According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.
6 For thus saith the LORD of hosts; Yet once, it is a little while, and I will shake the heavens, and the earth, and the sea, and the dry land;
7 And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts.
8 The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts.
9 The glory of this latter house shall be greater than of the former, saith the LORD of hosts: and in this place will I give peace, saith the LORD of hosts.

Because Israel rejected the Messiah they lost their place as God's favored people. Jesus predicted this would take place by declaring that the kingdom of God would be taken from them, and given to the true people of God...

Matthew 21:43
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'abomination' was the rejection of the people of true worship to God, not those things of man or ideas made up by man, as we see the Pharisees had done. They had brought in their 'traditions' and strict rules on worship on the Sabbath that kept the people from God and wiped out the basis of Gods law, which is love. It put a heavy burden or yoke of legalism that would not allow Christ to heal or the disciples to eat as they walked through a wheat field, or a woman's years of suffering be taken away. Even though their apostasy expressed itself in legalism instead of being lawless, it was still based on the same principle upon which all pagan religions are based, that man can save himself by his own works. Jesus rebuked this false religious system they had built and called it an abomination.

Luke 16:15
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.

• Love

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can you look at the definition and say this?

Where is the most Holy Place? What idle is standing in the Holy place rendering it desolate?
You have to understand what happened when the Romans came and placed their symbol there.. "And the Romans demonstrated this by placing their insignia, their image upon the lands they ruled. That image was the image of the eagle. "Since the Roman conquest of Palestine, the eagle insignia were common sights. The Jews prohibited the graven images because they were a defilement, but one was attached to the facade of the temple. It reminded the Jews that even the temple, the center of their worship and the assurance of God's presence among them, belonged not to them but to the Roman emperor, whose guards kept a watchful eye on it" (Scaer, Discourses on Matthew, 381). For the Jew, this was an abomination. It was idolatry. It was outrageous that a man like the Roman emperor, who claimed to be a god, would set his insignia upon the place where the true God dwelt on earth. The temple doesn't belong to Rome, it belongs to the Lord."

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 'abomination' was the rejection of the people of true worship to God,
No it was not. That is not what an abomination is.
not those things of man or ideas made up by man, as we see the Pharisees had done. They had brought in their 'traditions' and strict rules on worship on the Sabbath that kept the people from God and wiped out the basis of Gods law, which is love. It put a heavy burden or yoke of legalism that would not allow Christ to heal or the disciples to eat as they walked through a wheat field, or a woman's years of suffering be taken away. Even though their apostasy expressed itself in legalism instead of being lawless, it was still based on the same principle upon which all pagan religions are based, that man can save himself by his own works. Jesus rebuked this false religious system they had built and called it an abomination.

Luke 16:15
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
Yes, that was an abomination

But that is not an abomination of desolation is.

Try to understand the difference.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to understand what happened when the Romans came and placed their symbol there.. "And the Romans demonstrated this by placing their insignia, their image upon the lands they ruled. That image was the image of the eagle. "Since the Roman conquest of Palestine, the eagle insignia were common sights. The Jews prohibited the graven images because they were a defilement, but one was attached to the facade of the temple. It reminded the Jews that even the temple, the center of their worship and the assurance of God's presence among them, belonged not to them but to the Roman emperor, whose guards kept a watchful eye on it" (Scaer, Discourses on Matthew, 381). For the Jew, this was an abomination. It was idolatry. It was outrageous that a man like the Roman emperor, who claimed to be a god, would set his insignia upon the place where the true God dwelt on earth. The temple doesn't belong to Rome, it belongs to the Lord."
All I have to do is understand WHAT an abomination which causes desolation is

And not make it mean something it is not

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
True and corroborated by Luke 21:20:
And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

The Roman armies bore the pagan ensigns in battle, and worshiped them.

An idolatrous abomination to the monotheistic Jews.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True and corroborated by Luke 21:20:
And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

The Roman armies bore the pagan ensigns in battle, and worshiped them.

An idolatrous abomination to the monotheistic Jews.
But they did not place an abomination of desolation in the temple. they destroyed it

Jesus said when you see it STANDING IN THE HOLY PLACE

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But they did not place an abomination of desolation in the temple. they destroyed it

The holy place was the holy city of Jerusalem.

The desolation of which was the Roman conquest objective.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Need to read Gods Word and understand...

32 And it came to pass, that when David was come to the top of the mount, where he worshipped God, behold, Hushai the Archite came to meet him with his coat rent, and earth upon his head:

The Mount of Olives is where the Romans placed their idolatrous symbol when Vespasian first showed up, at the Mount Of Olives
and it was part of Jerusalem and where David had worshiped, it was part of the 'Holy Place' as Christ said, so the Christians understood what Christ had said and they fled in time....