Understanding what is the "Abomination of Desolation".

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An unclean thing is an abomination.

I explained in post #66 how an army that worshiped idols was an abomination to the Jews. Don't you believe the Jews?

Trade in your spectacles.
So the AoD had stood in the holy place years before the birth of Christ and stood there for around 100 years?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So the AoD had stood in the holy place years before the birth of Christ and stood there for around 100 years?
So the Roman armies just stood in Jerusalem continuously for around 100 years?

Think how bored they would have been just standing around for around 100 years. :laughing:

Don't you know that they destroyed and rebuilt Jerusalem every day for 100 years?

They would destroy it one day, and rebuild it the next.

That way they didn't get bored. :laughing:

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the Roman armies just stood in Jerusalem continuously for around 100 years?

Think how bored they would have been just standing around for around 100 years. :laughing:

Don't you know that they destroyed and rebuilt Jerusalem every day for 100 years?

They would destroy it one day, and rebuild it the next.

That way they didn't get bored. :laughing:
You never specified the names of the Roman soldiers who fit your definition, that were listed in that chapter.

So I assumed you meant any Roman legion that had a Roman standard. There was always a Roman presence starting in the last half century before Christ in Jerusalem for several hundred years. They were the empire considered 4th throughout the book of Daniel. You want us to accept the Romans never entered Jerusalem except for your 3.5 year time period between 66AD and 70AD?

You make up false claims, and then deny reality, and then when called out, just make jokes out of your whole point.

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you flunk kindergarten English?

You're hallucinating. But that's a typical dispensational futurite affliction.

Daniel said nothing of the sort. Here's what he did say:

"for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate", referring to the overwhelming desolation which would be inflicted by the Roman armies.

When you follow the grammatical referent chain back through the verses, "he" is "Messiah the Prince", who was the Divine Commander-in-Chief of the Roman armies visiting judgment, destruction, and desolation upon the nation that had rejected Him.

If you can't comprehend it, leave it for those who can.
Oh I can comprehend it clearly.

But I will leave you to your fantasy world.

We will see one day. And you can explain to God why you could not understand his words.

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You never specified the names of the Roman soldiers who fit your definition, that were listed in that chapter.

So I assumed you meant any Roman legion that had a Roman standard. There was always a Roman presence starting in the last half century before Christ in Jerusalem for several hundred years. They were the empire considered 4th throughout the book of Daniel. You want us to accept the Romans never entered Jerusalem except for your 3.5 year time period between 66AD and 70AD?

You make up false claims, and then deny reality, and then when called out, just make jokes out of your whole point.
You want us to accept that all the Romans did was stand around for 100 years.

Your claims are jokes, and merit jokes in response.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want us to accept that all the Romans did was stand around for 100 years.

Your claims are jokes, and merit jokes in response.
You want us to believe the Romans just stood there for 3.5 years doing nothing, while the Jews destroyed Jerusalem and the Temple.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, it's called the literal "history" that fulfilled the literal "prophecy" of "the abomination that maketh desolate". Unfortunately, "church-ianity" isn't keen on history, but rather prefers to belive in futuristic religious sci-fy.

Herein lies the problem with the Premil crowd, everything fulfilled in the past must be manipulated into the future, in order to support the theory of a future 1000 year reign of Christ on earth.

Maybe if all would would read (and perceive) about the 7th abomination in KJV Proverbs 6:16-19, they might suddenly realize which abomination it was, who it was against, and who it really was that actually committed it.
Clue:
Mat. 27
[25] Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.
This is the issue today, will they be swayed by corrupt leaders, or follow the truth..

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have 17 centuries of historical true Christian Church orthodoxy to affirm me.

You don't.
The Jews had how many years of history? (from Abraham till Christ)

Yet they crucified Christ.

I would not use history as your proof as we see from the history that is a faulty reason to continue to believe as we do

covenantee

Feb 22, 2022
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Jews had how many years of history? (from Abraham till Christ)

Yet they crucified Christ.

I would not use history as your proof as we see from the history that is a faulty reason to continue to believe as we do
Whom to believe?

1. Seventeen centuries of historical defenders of the true faith
or
2. You

Do you need a hint? :laughing: