Unforgiveness and fellowship with God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
David is a child of God. I am a child of God.

I am saved the same way he was. By faith in God.

not sure why you would think he is not a part of us

David was not a child of God. He was a servant. Do you have a verse that says David was a child of God or that he was born again of the spirit of Christ?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then ask yourself, "Why did I feel the need to say this?"

To... help deceived people not be deceived anymore!

Those that have been brain washed by the false doctrines of reformed theology, calvinism, osas, catholicism, etc, etc need lots and lots of help with the blindness that prevents them from accepting the whole counsel of God.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm not interested in reaching those that have already been deceived.

Those that have been brain washed by the false doctrines of reformed theology, calvinism, osas, catholicism, etc, etc need lots and lots of help with the blindness that prevents them from accepting the whole counsel of God.

One day you say you care nothing about helping those who are already deceived. The next day it's the primary reason for your obnoxious trumpeting. How can you expect anyone to take you seriously?

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a verse that says all the old testament folks are saved or even called saints?

They all got saved while Jesus was preaching the gospel to them in Abraham's bosom and became saints!

Read in the Gospels that when Jesus was raised from the dead all the old testament believers came up out of the grave with Him.... all these folks got born again when Jesus was in hell preaching to the spirits in hell (1 Peter 3:19).

Matthew 27:52,53
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

The old testament saints were in Abraham's bosom (see Jesus' teaching about the rich man and Lazarus) which was where paradise was located and where old testament believers went before the new birth was made available by Jesus work on the Cross and His resurrection

This is all kinda freaky so most preachers never talk about this in church... they may not get as many offerings if they freak folks out! laughing.gif

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They all got saved while Jesus was preaching the gospel to them in Abraham's bosom and became saints!

Read in the Gospels that when Jesus was raised from the dead all the old testament believers came up out of the grave with Him.... all these folks got born again when Jesus was in hell preaching to the spirits in hell (1 Peter 3:19).

Matthew 27:52,53
And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,
And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

The old testament saints were in Abraham's bosom (see Jesus' teaching about the rich man and Lazarus) which was where paradise was located and where old testament believers went before the new birth was made available by Jesus work on the Cross and His resurrection

This is all kinda freaky so most preachers never talk about this in church... they may not get as many offerings if they freak folks out! View attachment 37903

Everything's a joke to a neo-Gnostic. Ha, ha.

"Whole counsel of God"

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everything's a joke to a neo-Gnostic. Ha, ha.

"Whole counsel of God"

Yeah, those that only accept a handful of scriptures.... are the gnostics who think they have "special revelation" telling them the rest of God's Word can be ignored such as God's warnings to Christians.

It's easy for false doctrine to flourish under these conditions.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, those that only accept a handful of scriptures.... are the gnostics who think they have "special revelation" telling them the rest of God's Word can be ignored such as God's warnings to Christians.

Yes,

You are a perfect example of this

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Another easy way for false doctrine to flourish is when self-appointed teachers are grossly inconsistent.

Like when they don't care about trying to reach those who are already deceived.

Or is today a "caring" day for you? Not always sure who I'm talking to.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another easy way for false doctrine to flourish is when self-appointed teachers are grossly inconsistent.

Like when they don't care about trying to reach those who are already deceived.

Or is today a "caring" day for you? Not always sure who I'm talking to.

I've concluded that, generally speaking, when there is inconsistency in a person in this direction, and inconsistency in that direction, that neither are sincere, and it's all a game.

I see people on the forum who have their handful of verses, and they have their diatribe that they endlessly repeat, and often like this, about how they don't sin, and everyone who admits to sin, well, you know how it goes!

Unforgiveness and fellowship.

I think we need to reverse the order on those. So long as we remain fellowshipping with God, it's natural for us to forgive. Unforgiveness is of the flesh, and fleshy living isn't focused on God. Communing with God keeps us more open to being led by His Spirit, and we will forgive. Even ones such as these!

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So long as we remain fellowshipping with God, it's natural for us to forgive. Unforgiveness is of the flesh, and fleshy living isn't focused on God. Communing with God keeps us more open to being led by His Spirit, and we will forgive.

The above is beautifully stated. It is what I was meaning when I started this topic. Thanks for stating it clearly.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. Wouldn't want to get in the way of your even/odd day-of-the-month, caring/not caring game.

I'm being obedient to the scriptures in casting all my cares upon the Lord...

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Psalms 55:22
Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Care (found in 2 Corinthians 11:28)
from 3307 (through the idea of distraction); solicitude: KJV -- care.

Careful (found in Philippians 4:6, 1 Peter 5:7)
from 3308; to be anxious about: KJV -- (be, have) care(-ful), take thought.

Those that are already deceived by their favorite false doctrines have already made up their minds so they wouldn't want to hear anything from me as I would be disrupting their "ignorance is bliss" thing they got going on.

• Haha
Reactions: mailmandan

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm being obedient to the scriptures in casting all my cares upon the Lord...

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Psalms 55:22
Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Care (found in 2 Corinthians 11:28)
from 3307 (through the idea of distraction); solicitude: KJV -- care.

Careful (found in Philippians 4:6, 1 Peter 5:7)
from 3308; to be anxious about: KJV -- (be, have) care(-ful), take thought.

Those that are already deceived by their favorite false doctrines have already made up their minds so they wouldn't want to hear anything from me as I would be disrupting their "ignorance is bliss" thing they got going on.

Well, you could just stop hopping around and trying to hide behind your "whole counsel" proof texts and tell us which one of these guys is being truthful:

No, I'm not interested in reaching those that have already been deceived.

-OR-