Universalism: Where Do People Get The Idea

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That speaks of the New Heavens and New Earth (also the desolate heart, but I was speaking about this earth, not the individual, in context), not this present one, neither during the 1,000 years:

so, 'No.', I didn't 'leave out' Isaiah 35:1-10. The context is New Heavens and New Earth, and not the 1,000 years as spoken of, to which I responded.

You can see that here:

going to sleep but I will watch the videos in the morning.

Reactions: Helen

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold all things are new; for those who are in Christ
[1] You misquoted.

[2] Here is the context, New Heavens and New Earth to come:

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[1] You misquoted.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Rev 21:5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Rev 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
In my opinion this transaction has already taken place.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[1] You misquoted.

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

So does He make all the new things new again?

Tecarta Bible

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

So does He make all the new things new again?

Tecarta Bible
Context, of that passage, is the individual (and all things of that person in their heart), not the physical earth. The New Creation is a mirror chirality of the original, in which God created the earth, then man, but in the New, the New Man is first then comes the New Heavens and New Earth.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context, of that passage, is the individual (and all things of that person in their heart), not the physical earth. The New Creation is a mirror chirality of the original, in which God created the earth, then man, but in the New, the New Man is first then comes the New Heavens and New Earth.
You say context, I say harmonize. Do you not know we are the tabernacle of God?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look. Jesus repeated Himself.
Indeed, as the first phase at Calvary (It is finished), the laying of the Foundation Stone of the Third Temple (Himself), unto the finalization in the Most Holy Place of Heaven, "It is done." in the Day of Atonement. They are not the same event.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, as the first phase at Calvary (It is finished), the laying of the Foundation Stone of the Third Temple (Himself), unto the finalization in the Most Holy Place of Heaven, "It is done." in the Day of Atonement. They are not the same event.
Depends on perspective.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I say all things have been made new.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gotta question for you, when you were won over to Christ, was it because you wanted to dodge going to hell, or did you cry out to Him from hell?
i was drawn see that night i specifically heard God speak now or never i took the now -

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, would appreciate any feedback.

I’ll give feedback if I can. So far it was not what I expected. Expected screaming end times predictions. It will take longer to watch though as it is a lot there.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we all sense that the expectations become greater as we get older in the Lord. He expects more of us just like a human father in the natural expects more of a 15 year old child than of a 5 year old. But we all still need mercy, no matter how far along we have grown in Christ.

I don’t know. Always saw it as the more we grow in Him the less there is of us and the more there is of Him...hopefully. He already knows He is able for the endurance, it is our reliance on self endurance that decreases. When He told them they were not able to bear it...they couldn’t handle or bear it until the Spirit was there to carry what man cannot bear alone.
2 Timothy 1:12-14 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. [13] Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. [14] That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know. Always saw it as the more we grow in Him the less there is of us and the more there is of Him...hopefully. He already knows He is able for the endurance, it is our reliance on self endurance that decreases. When He told them they were not able to bear it...they couldn’t handle or bear it until the Spirit was there to carry what man cannot bear alone.
2 Timothy 1:12-14 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. [13] Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. [14] That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

Yes, well this is one of several places where they expressed confidence that the Holy Spirit would keep them faithful until the end. But Paul is not negating their freewill here. He is saying that the Holy Spirit will keep them so long as they desire to be kept. If they fall away or reject Him out of fear of what man might do to them, then there remains no sacrifice for sins.

But I think we're venturing too far off topic from this thread at this point, so maybe we can save this one for another thread sometime : )

Last edited:
Reactions: ReChoired

Harvest 1874

Apr 1, 2018
Tampa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I owe you an apology ...sorry...

And thank you very much for bothering to answer...only a couple of you did...even though I asked the question a few times of others.....I really do appreciate your answer.

Apology not necessary my sister, I surmised that I may have not worded my opening statement very well and this caused you to stumble (thankfully but for a moment) felling to read the whole post which would have explained better what I was trying to say.

We all do this at times, i.e. judging a book my its cover or in this case an explanation by its opening statement.

Sorry for the confusion.

Although we Bible Students are not Universalist, that is we do not believe in the universal salvation of all we do believe in the universal opportunity for all to obtain eternal salvation.

God having saved (redeemed) all men from the original curse which was upon Adam and his race does not guarantee everlasting life to any, he merely releases us from the original sentence, brought upon us by Adam’s sin.

Eternal salvation
will be determined upon the conclusion of the trial (a new trial) of each individual, the Church presently during this the Gospel Age as each prospective member of the body passes beyond the Vail of death, and the remainder of the world by the end of the Mediatorial reign at the end of the millennial age.