Universalism ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
How could this possibly be true but if not must we admit that the 'saviour of the world' has failed to save the world - twinc

Reactions: Peanut

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Universal-ism! I only know of one denomination that makes that claim,the Title of their denomination is what it means. Don't worry about the world, THE SAVIOR will Harvest all who have been called from the Foundation of the WORLD. Knowing that HE has fulfilled every detail of the Spring Feasts, and will fulfill the Fall Feasts in every detail, gives Me complete Confidence that He has not Failed in the Past nor will He Fail in the Future.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Universal-ism! I only know of one denomination that makes that claim,the Title of their denomination is what it means. Don't worry about the world, THE SAVIOR will Harvest all who have been called from the Foundation of the WORLD. Knowing that HE has fulfilled every detail of the Spring Feasts, and will fulfill the Fall Feasts in every detail, gives Me complete Confidence that He has not Failed in the Past nor will He Fail in the Future.

so how will THE SAVIOUR of the world yet succeed, considering the broad road etc ? - twinc

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How could this possibly be true , but if not must we admit that the 'saviour of the world' has failed to save the world - twinc

Yes, I agree....if He has not saved ALL , < at the end. > then He did not do what He came to do. -Reverse what Adam brought upon all mankind.
God is who He says He is " God is Love."

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you guys read any George MacDonald? He influenced CS Lewis. He hints at universalism in His story 'Lilith'

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you guys read any George MacDonald? He influenced CS Lewis. He hints at universalism in His story 'Lilith'

Yes indeed ...both were universalist ...in fact it is quite interesting to find out just how many were universalists back over the previous decades and centuries. :)

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Yes indeed ...both were universalist ...in fact it is quite interesting to find out just how many were universalists back over the previous decades and centuries. :)

what remains unanswered is How will this be done !? - twinc

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How could this possibly be true but if not must we admit that the 'saviour of the world' has failed to save the world - twinc

'Universalism' is not true. That Christ died for all is true.

Christ has not failed to save the world. The world has failed to come to Christ.

You ask how will 'universalism' be done? It won't. Because the vast majority of the world reject the salvation Christ secured.

Stranger

Reactions: Job

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
'Universalism' is not true. That Christ died for all is true.

Christ has not failed to save the world. The world has failed to come to Christ.

You ask how will 'universalism' be done? It won't. Because the vast majority of the world reject the salvation Christ secured.

Stranger

naturally since the vast majority have not heard and do not know the real salvation Christ secured - this includes self deluded Christians - this follows except that it has been allowed for and we would need to be saved in spite of ourselves imho - twinc

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
naturally since the vast majority have not heard and do not know the real salvation Christ secured - this includes self deluded Christians - this follows except that it has been allowed for and we would need to be saved in spite of ourselves imho - twinc

I don't understand what you are saying, and how that pertains to universalism.

Stranger

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It depends on how you define "the world." If you define the world as the world defines the world, you include both that which is of God, as well as what is not. But God does not. The world is God's place of separating (dividing) that which is worldly/darkness from that which is godly/light.

So, it is more accurate to say, that Christ has come "to save that which was lost."

And what remains of the world...is God's intentional discard of evil. The world is passing away.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you read the Book of Revelation, where the two witnesses are finally killed, and the people are giving each other Gifts, and having a party so to speak. How do you expect the Savior of the world to save people that do not want Him, do not want to be in His Kingdom, or be under His Authority when He is King for a Thousand Years! He is the way the Truth and the Life, No one can enter in before the Father but through Him. The Gospel has been given so that those that except it may have Life Eternal, the Gift is for the Universe, it the Gospel is Universal.

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
th
1 Timothy 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, especially of those that believe.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Have you read the Book of Revelation, where the two witnesses are finally killed, and the people are giving each other Gifts, and having a party so to speak. How do you expect the Savior of the world to save people that do not want Him, do not want to be in His Kingdom, or be under His Authority when He is King for a Thousand Years! He is the way the Truth and the Life, No one can enter in before the Father but through Him. The Gospel has been given so that those that except it may have Life Eternal, the Gift is for the Universe, it the Gospel is Universal.

This is one subject that I believe in..." T the name of Jesus, EVERY knee SHALL bow, and EVERY tongue SHALL confess that Jesus Christ is LORD.
I am not saying...there is no FIRE...for our God IS a consuming fire.
"The fire tries every mans works.."

:) I wont argue this point with anyone, or try to convince anyone...because it is something that I believe that God showed me. =( the amazing grace and love of God for the creation that HE brought into being)
If it doesn't happen, then I lose nothing. I have just lived happy decades believing that God had more grace and love than maybe turns out to be true.
BUT, I would rather live judging God to be merciful and loving...than live how I used to live, for many years as a Christian....believing God to be harsh and ready to destroy those who didn't - " Bow the knee and declare Him as Lord"...before the end.
People say to me.."Well what about sin...if you believe how you believe... you can live how you like , and still be saved at the end!"
The answer to that is..."Then the person has never really fallen in love with God. " Love for Him, is always what keeps us from sin. Always has been, always will be.
Also, Christians that ask that question, obviously don't understand what "running the race" is all about...or either .." making our Calling and Election SURE. "
I believe that on earth we each live as close to God as we want to live.
I also believe that where we dwell on earth in relation to His Presence ,is also where we will dwell in 'heaven' in relation to our Father. This to me is 'the prize of the high calling ...' which Paul spoke of.
Just saying....this is where I personally stand on this subject :)
Not trying to persuade anyone else. ;)

Last edited:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All of mankind are the creation of God, all living creatures are the creation of God, the air we breath,the water we drink, the food we eat all comes from God. Israel was a chosen people of God, outright they were Chosen. Not because they were Wealthy, not because they were good looking, not because they were a Nation of greatness, But because they were the least of all Nations, will all of Israel be saved? As far as the Church is concerned, the Church has replaced Israel and them Jews will have to go through the Great Tribulation, and be tried by fire to make it into Heaven. Remember when the children of Israel broke the Covenant at mount Sinai, they made the golden calf, God wanted to Smoke em All but Moses intervened and God withheld His wrath. God didn't Fail, Jesus hasn't failed, Mankind has failed, there is nothing new under the Sun. If you do not believe in the One true God, then you will automatically believe in the ways of the world, which is against God! The Scriptures are full of those that rejected God, and they did all manner of things that God calls Abominations, will they find a home with God and Jesus in the Kingdom? Again mankind fails, not our God and Savior!!!

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
All of mankind are the creation of God, all living creatures are the creation of God, the air we breath,the water we drink, the food we eat all comes from God. Israel was a chosen people of God, outright they were Chosen. Not because they were Wealthy, not because they were good looking, not because they were a Nation of greatness, But because they were the least of all Nations, will all of Israel be saved? As far as the Church is concerned, the Church has replaced Israel and them Jews will have to go through the Great Tribulation, and be tried by fire to make it into Heaven. Remember when the children of Israel broke the Covenant at mount Sinai, they made the golden calf, God wanted to Smoke em All but Moses intervened and God withheld His wrath. God didn't Fail, Jesus hasn't failed, Mankind has failed, there is nothing new under the Sun. If you do not believe in the One true God, then you will automatically believe in the ways of the world, which is against God! The Scriptures are full of those that rejected God, and they did all manner of things that God calls Abominations, will they find a home with God and Jesus in the Kingdom? Again mankind fails, not our God and Savior!!!

it is still not understood that exactly as Jesus said, the chosen people and children of Israel, are and will be born again as little Christian children who will simply simply believe[Jn 20:31]and be saved - btw one must believe and accept that in Him we move and live and have our being, for we do not even breathe but think we do and are not even aware that we do not think but only think we think whereas in fact thoughts occur - twinc

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Savior of the World. He is not just the Savior of Israel. That title does not mean all will be saved. It means he is the Savior of all.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus is the Savior of the World. He is not just the Savior of Israel. That title does not mean all will be saved. It means he is the Savior of all.

so what we see here that this is not as easily or clearly understood as it should be - yes of course and exactly all, even Muslims and Hindus have been, are and will be born again as little Christian children who will simply simply believe - so we see the profundity of what Jesus said and meant when He said 'love one another as I have loved you' and love your enemies as I have loved mine = father forgive them for they know not what they do - twinc

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the record, my church nor the Bible appears to support universalism, imo; however, I reserve the right to dream