Universalism ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...Universalists find scriptural support primarily in Paul’s writings

If Paul supports it, the entire bible should too, but it doesn't.

As I stated earlier, Universalism makes God out to be a liar.

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Paul supports it, the entire bible should too, but it doesn't.

As I stated earlier, Universalism makes God out to be a liar.
Playing devils opponent position advocate. :)
Or, contrary to Universalism when God is omniscient and predestined all things according to his will and plan, when Jesus took the sins of the world upon himself on the cross, and with consideration of the 1 Timothy verse, if Universalism is not truth then God is a sadistic tyrant. Who, per his own word, knew all people before he created the world and by name. And predestined all who would come to his son before they entered their mothers womb. Meaning, if universal salvation is not truth, God foreknew, and preplanned, regardless of His son's death on the cross and for that purpose, people to go to eternal damnation.

Last edited:

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Playing devils opponent position advocate. :)
Or, contrary to Universalism when God is omniscient and predestined all things according to his will and plan, when Jesus took the sins of the world upon himself on the cross, and with consideration of the 1 Timothy verse, if Universalism is not truth then God is a sadistic tyrant. Who, per his own word, knew all people before he created the world and by name. And predestined all who would come to his son before they entered their mothers womb. Meaning, if universal salvation is not truth, God foreknew, and preplanned, regardless of His son's death on the cross and for that purpose, people to go to eternal damnation.

Romans 9
22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,
24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

m

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9
22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,
24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

m
:) Thank you for sharing that scriptures. These speak to predestination as applies to the prior opponent position to Universalism. God being a tyrant if universal salvation is not true. Prepared for destruction beforehand. And prepared (by God) beforehand for glory.

Notice in verse 22? the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?
And then in verse 23? the vessels of mercy which He had prepared beforehand for glory?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice in verse 22? the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction?

Thanks for pointing that out.

"vessels of wrath prepared for destruction"

What is your definition of destruction?

I do have a point to make, but I need to know we're on the same page before I go any further.

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for pointing that out.

"vessels of wrath prepared for destruction"

What is your definition of destruction?

I do have a point to make, but I need to know we're on the same page before I go any further.
I would say the same meaning as was intended to communicate in 1 Timothy 6:9 and elsewhere in scripture. ◄ 684. apóleia ►

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thanks for you reply Stranger. All very good points, and obviously ones that I have asked myself many times.
I still lean heavily on His grace and love...not only for all mankind..but for myself also.

I trust Him with all I believe, and I know that one day, when all things on earth have run their course....(hopefully sooner rather than later)...God will show us all the true revelation of all that is written, from Gen--Revelation.
Until that Day. We stay faithful, and , as much as is within us, we "Abide in Him" under the shadow of His wing...
All the rest, I just hide in my heart...or put safe on the shelf, until He does, or does not, reveal more.