"Unless ye DO PENANCE, ye shall all likewise perish"???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to the Jesuit Douay Rheims "Bible", Luke 13:1-3 reads:

"1] And there were present, at that very time, some that told him of the Galileans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices. [2] And he answering, said to them: Think you that these Galileans were sinners above all the men of Galilee, because they suffered such things? [3] No, I say to you: but unless you shall do penance, you shall all likewise perish. "​

Not long after the Fall of Man, the enemy managed to deceive mankind again with the introduction of a false system of redemption, which first originated with Cain and is now found in every corner of the entire globe. Yet, no matter what form or fashion these various systems of false religion take on, they are all bound together by a Scarlet Thread - the Satanic maxim which says, "Something I do makes me acceptable to God".

But on that fateful day back in the Garden of Eden, when the guilty pair stood before God trembling with fear and uncertainty, their hearts were suddenly filled with the hope of true redemption when they heard the words of our Lord to Satan that one day the Seed (Jesus) "will crush your head." The most precious promise of God ever known to mankind echoed mightily from that place and reached throughout the ages all the way down to Calvary. The Truth, bound tightly by Divine cords of Divine love which shall never be broken, has always been, "Something God has done makes me acceptable to God".

The King James Version Bible correctly renders this verse, "...unless ye REPENT, ye shall likewise perish" and any church that promotes Bibles that teach "salvation by works" never was, is not, and never shall be counted as the Body of Christ.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy