Unscrambling : The Elect

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You were deceived the moment Luther broke away from the Church and never repented of it. Now, after 500 years you are so hardened in unbelief and false doctrine that the chances of you coming to repentance are almost zero.
I was not alive then, were you?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's an example of how Election works. Elect people produce elect fruit. Non-elect people produce non-elect fruit. Ye will know them by their fruits.
Judging people cause them to produce fruit? Election and non-election do not define fruit. Those who have fruit gain that fruit directly from the Holy Spirit. The only way that fruit will be known is by the fire of God burning up the acts that are not fruit. Now days it is very hard to tell the difference. So getting some feeling will not be proof enough.

Emotions are not the Holy Spirit working and not very good tests, that the Holy Spirit is working. Even our thoughts can be decieving. You can tell the difference between the Holy Spirit being wounded, and just your toes being stepped on.

Malihah

May 20, 2020
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judging people cause them to produce fruit? Election and non-election do not define fruit. Those who have fruit gain that fruit directly from the Holy Spirit. The only way that fruit will be known is by the fire of God burning up the acts that are not fruit. Now days it is very hard to tell the difference. So getting some feeling will not be proof enough.

Emotions are not the Holy Spirit working and not very good tests, that the Holy Spirit is working. Even our thoughts can be decieving. You can tell the difference between the Holy Spirit being wounded, and just your toes being stepped on.

Are there days when you just want to give up this hoax of a religion you carry around with you like a ball and chain? You can tell me, I won't judge.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Election Explained:

God voted that I should go to heaven.

The devil voted that I should go to Hell.

I cast my vote with God and we won by a 2/3rd's margin! :p

Malihah

May 20, 2020
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elect people are mean as hell because they own the world.

Non-elect people are sweet and kind because they're dead inside.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there days when you just want to give up this hoax of a religion you carry around with you like a ball and chain? You can tell me, I won't judge.
I have no religion, but sure, you should probably figure out why religion is killing you.
You seem pretty cozy on judging others.

Reactions: Candidus

Malihah

May 20, 2020
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no religion, but sure, you should probably figure out why religion is killing you.
You seem pretty cozy on judging others.

That seems to be the response nowadays. Protestants are so ashamed of their religion that they're non-denominational or generic Christian or some other crazy catch-phrase name like Jehovah's temple in the Barrio or Black panther Israelites from Detroit.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That seems to be the response nowadays. Protestants are so ashamed of their religion that they're non-denominational or generic Christian or some other crazy catch-phrase name like Jehovah's temple in the Barrio or Black panther Israelites from Detroit.
They should be as all of mens religion, none are from God, Christ isnt a religion, Christianty is faith, believing Christ not men.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are giving us your measure rather fast Malihah....is that how you generally do it? At least observers like myself are not left in doubt re your wiring.

Malihah

May 20, 2020
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are giving us your measure rather fast Malihah....is that how you generally do it? At least observers like myself are not left in doubt re your wiring.

Momma Mary is calling all of her wayward children home, including you.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 For I am not ashamed of the Good News, since it is God’s powerful means of bringing salvation to everyone who keeps on trusting, to the Jew especially, but equally to the Gentile.
17 For in it is revealed how God makes people righteous in his sight; and from beginning to end it is through trust — as the Tanakhputs it, “But the person who is righteous will live his life by trust.”

18 What is revealed is God’s anger from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of people who in their wickedness keep suppressing the truth;
19 because what is known about God is plain to them, since God has made it plain to them.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This was Malihah's position in Post #4, was it not? You responded by saying "nice mythology," which is what prompted my response.

He's referring to Acts 8:39.

He's referring to 1 Corinthians 12:30.

Jesus is God. While He was a man, He was fully divine.
Jesus didn't have a gift of healing....Jesus IS Healing....This is because He is LIFE. John 14:6
If you notice the chapter that talks about the woman with the issue of Blood. "Jesus felt virtue leave Him".. that is LIFE leaving Jesus and entering a situation to correct it.
So, when we think of Apostles who had certain gifts, or if there is a healing that occurs, then this is all the LIFE that that is in Jesus which manifests as those healings.
Its the same power that will cause the Dead in Christ, their bodies to come out of their graves.
All healing comes from Jesus who is LIFE...Its this "Life" that is the power of healing.
The person does not heal someone. Even the "gift of Healing" is not the person doing it, its the "gift', and the Gifts come from above.

God created all things by speaking words... Jesus is the WORD......so, its all connected to Jesus, both pre-incarnate and Incarnate.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
These are not gifts. These are events. At least you could stick with the list Paul gives.

The person who wrote all those "events" also classified them as Gifts.
They said..>"the gift of resurrection".

There is no gift of resurrection.
This is just someone's odd idea of the power of Jesus.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Not everything is in the bible. Protestants never figure that out which is why they are at the bottom.

And people who have very little familiarity with the NT like to create a fantasy world of ideas that have nothing to do with the NT.

And im talking to you.