Unscrambling : The Elect

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God chose all of Adam's descendants.
no He did not, He specifically chose Isaac
Gen 17:21  But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year. 

and the proof of that was the Lord agreed with Sarah to cast out Hagar and her son Ishmael

Gen 21:9  And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking. 
Gen 21:10  Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac. 
Gen 21:11  And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son. 
Gen 21:12  And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called. 

and in the case of Jacob and Esau:

Mal 1:2  I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, 
Mal 1:3  And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness. 

so no you're incorrect and maybe you should get the basics of what scripture states before you post.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I was not alive then, were you?
That seems to be the response nowadays. Protestants are so ashamed of their religion that they're non-denominational or generic Christian or some other crazy catch-phrase name like Jehovah's temple in the Barrio or Black panther Israelites from Detroit.

Us Protestants, are born again.
Nothing else matters to God. And how do you know? Because God came here to provide that., for the world.
You should think on that for a while....

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no He did not, He specifically chose Isaac
Gen 17:21  But my covenant will I establish with Isaac, which Sarah shall bear unto thee at this set time in the next year. 

and the proof of that was the Lord agreed with Sarah to cast out Hagar and her son Ishmael

Gen 21:9  And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking. 
Gen 21:10  Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac. 
Gen 21:11  And the thing was very grievous in Abraham's sight because of his son. 
Gen 21:12  And God said unto Abraham, Let it not be grievous in thy sight because of the lad, and because of thy bondwoman; in all that Sarah hath said unto thee, hearken unto her voice; for in Isaac shall thy seed be called. 

and in the case of Jacob and Esau:

Mal 1:2  I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob, 
Mal 1:3  And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness. 

so no you're incorrect and maybe you should get the basics of what scripture states before you post.
There is a difference between those saved, and those who carry the message of salvation.

If you are willing to carry the message, and God did not chose you would you still get rewarded or do you think God only respects those he pleases? Cain still brought an offering, and was still saved. Just had the wrong attitude. God will not punish those with the right attitude if they win the lost, even if God did not chose them to go to the lost.

There are all types of people and all types of attitudes. Better is someone not called who goes, than one who is called and does not go. Matthew 21:28-31
28 “But give me your opinion: a man had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’
29 He answered, ‘I don’t want to’; but later he changed his mind and went.
30 The father went to his other son and said the same thing. This one answered, ‘I will, sir’; but he didn’t go.
31 Which of the two did what his father wanted?”
Some want to twist Scripture to say that all cannot be saved. That is a lie. All can be saved and all can go out, but not all will.

You make it worse by saying only a few can be even saved, much less go. Jesus assumed all would be saved and all would be called to go out and win more. Why limit it to the son who said, he would go, but did not. Why did he not go? He heard the lie that God did not chose all of Adam's descendants.

The truth: God chose the whole world to be saved. God chose a few to take the message. The blood is on the hands of those who do not go, even if they claim they did.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
There is a difference between those saved, and those who carry the message of salvation.

If you are willing to carry the message, and God did not chose you would you still get rewarded or do you think God only respects those he pleases? Cain still brought an offering, and was still saved. Just had the wrong attitude. God will not punish those with the right attitude if they win the lost, even if God did not chose them to go to the lost..

Cain was not accepted, because he brought the wrong sacrifice.
He was so upset that he killed his brother who had been accepted because Abel brought the blood of another.

God does not accept anyone based on their life or their deeds.
All of this is rejected, as proven by CAIN trying it and was told to get out.
If you read JUDE 1, you'll discover the "error of Cain", which is still happening today... People are still trying to either be accepted by God or stay accepted by God, based on their SELF EFFORT.
God rejects all this. He only recognizes the Cross and your only solution to be accepted by Him.

Malihah

May 20, 2020
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would appear my defense of Malihah's position ended about a page ago, LoL.

Thank you. Historically the way it worked was the Elect would receive power from God and then go out and found churches. People who joined those churches and remained faithful to the founder would live off the power of that Elect person and receive many blessings and rewards. Historical Christianity was very much a reward/punishment system and even though they were primarily earthly rewards and punishments the main goal was to receive the spiritual rewards and blessings that the Elect people had. After the first few centuries the Elect disappeared from public view so the only thing people saw was the visible Church structure led by bishops and popes. Contrary to popular views the Pope is not the highest figure in Christianity, the Elect are but they stay hidden away and you never see them. The visible Church is very much a male dominated society and the Elect world is very much a male and female dominated society especially female.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make it worse by saying only a few can be even saved, much less go. Jesus assumed all would be saved and all would be called to go out and win more. Why limit it to the son who said, he would go, but did not. Why did he not go? He heard the lie that God did not chose all of Adam's descendants.

The truth: God chose the whole world to be saved. God chose a few to take the message. The blood is on the hands of those who do not go, even if they claim they did.

no you want to believe the warm and fuzzy concept that God chose the whole world to be saved but Jesus tells it straight up

Mat_7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat_7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat_25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Luk_6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luk_13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

so you're incorrect that Jesus assumed all would be saved, and it seems you keep what fits your judgment of what ought to be and disregard the rest. (besides Jesus is the Word of God, you'd have to be numb to the reality of that to think Jesus assumes anything.)

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no you want to believe the warm and fuzzy concept that God chose the whole world to be saved but Jesus tells it straight up

Mat_7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat_7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat_25:11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
Luk_6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
Luk_13:25 When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:

so you're incorrect that Jesus assumed all would be saved, and it seems you keep what fits your judgment of what ought to be and disregard the rest. (besides Jesus is the Word of God, you'd have to be numb to the reality of that to think Jesus assumes anything.)
It is not warm and fuzzy. Yes some humans give themselves to Satan. That is your warm and fuzzy Satan led latter day humanity, who think they have a spirit of prophecy, healing, raising the dead, etc. Those are your warm and fuzzy counterfeit believers.

God still chose the whole world to be saved. The Lamb of God wrote down every single human on earth from day 6 to the last person born in the Lamb's book of life. No names have ever been added, and none have been removed. But all are there. All chosen, even before the world was created.

Last edited:

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain was not accepted, because he brought the wrong sacrifice.
He was so upset that he killed his brother who had been accepted because Abel brought the blood of another.

God does not accept anyone based on their life or their deeds.
All of this is rejected, as proven by CAIN trying it and was told to get out.
If you read JUDE 1, you'll discover the "error of Cain", which is still happening today... People are still trying to either be accepted by God or stay accepted by God, based on their SELF EFFORT.
God rejects all this. He only recognizes the Cross and your only solution to be accepted by Him.
God did not say that. God said, "If you are doing what is good, shouldn’t you hold your head high?" It was not a wrong sacrifice. You added reason to what God did. God plainly did not accept it. No reason given. It was Cain's attitude that messed him up. We want to spiritualize the literal story, and that is ok, but you cannot add to it, what is not there. The same goes for Esau, except this time Esau was just plain lazy, and made a terrible trade. Cain was not kicked out because of who he was and his job. Seems his job was his birthright. Cain was kicked out, because he killed his brother. That is he let his thoughts take action, instead of correcting his thoughts back into God's Will. It was God’s will and plan for Cain to bring his own offering of plants. God accepting or not accepting had nothing whatsoever to do with the situation.

After the Cross, even human thoughts were sin. They were not sin in the Garden, nor in the Law. After Grace, salvation was by sight, human thoughts were now counted against humanity. Yes, actions still had consequences. But so do thoughts. God holds each one accountable before we even act. Thoughts are tools, and can be dangerous tools. That is why we have online forums. That is why there are rules on what is being posted.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you. Historically the way it worked was the Elect would receive power from God and then go out and found churches. People who joined those churches and remained faithful to the founder would live off the power of that Elect person and receive many blessings and rewards. Historical Christianity was very much a reward/punishment system and even though they were primarily earthly rewards and punishments the main goal was to receive the spiritual rewards and blessings that the Elect people had. After the first few centuries the Elect disappeared from public view so the only thing people saw was the visible Church structure led by bishops and popes. Contrary to popular views the Pope is not the highest figure in Christianity, the Elect are but they stay hidden away and you never see them. The visible Church is very much a male dominated society and the Elect world is very much a male and female dominated society especially female.
That is not how history recorded it. That is not how it even worked, nor how it was supposed to work. No one was any more special than the other. As time passed the fires died out, because no one wanted to pay the cost of keeping the fire burning in their hearts. Not that is was totally lost. Or the Romans and the harlot church would not have martyred any one.

Malihah

May 20, 2020
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not how history recorded it. That is not how it even worked, nor how it was supposed to work. No one was any more special than the other. As time passed the fires died out, because no one wanted to pay the cost of keeping the fire burning in their hearts. Not that is was totally lost. Or the Romans and the harlot church would not have martyred any one.

The great harlot is Jerusalem and her old covenant and anti-christian religion. Read Galatians if you don't believe me, Pro-test-ant.

Malihah

May 20, 2020
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can't unscramble the elect. Scripture speaks of the elect after the omlet is served.

There's a 144,000 Elect of Christ. That number is also fixed when the old ones die, younger ones are promoted. I guess you're not in the know.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The great harlot is Jerusalem and her old covenant and anti-christian religion. Read Galatians if you don't believe me, Pro-test-ant.
They both may be harlots, but that does not change facts one iota. The end is near, it is too late for you to really do anything about history or change facts.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a 144,000 Elect of Christ. That number is also fixed when the old ones die, younger ones are promoted. I guess you're not in the know.
Now the RCC has adopted all the Jehovah's Witnesses into the coffin? No offense to actual JW's.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God did not say that. God said, "If you are doing what is good, shouldn’t you hold your head high?" It was not a wrong sacrifice. You added reason to what God did

God accepted Abel's sacrifice, because Abel brought the blood of another.
Cain didn't, and his sacrifice was not accepted.
Just read Jude 1.
Also, understand that Salvation is a Gift. There are no works that we can do, to earn it or keep it.
Its all of God, through Christ, freely given.
The same Blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved.