Unscrambling : The Elect

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Malihah

May 20, 2020
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful of what you say.
You are very immature, and you lack sophistication...., so, as i said, be careful of what you say.

Baptized Catholics and Orthodox are readily accepted into the kingdom. Baptized Protestants are readily excluded from the kingdom. Who would have thought a simple thing like a sacramental Baptism would mean so much!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God accepted Abel's sacrifice, because Abel brought the blood of another.
Cain didn't, and his sacrifice was not accepted.
Just read Jude 1.
Also, understand that Salvation is a Gift. There are no works that we can do, to earn it or keep it.
Its all of God, through Christ, freely given.
The same Blood of Jesus that saved you, keeps you saved.
You are going to have to find a different verse. Jude does not prove your point. Cain was allowed to live as an example of a bad attitude. One with the rage of envy, enough to kill another human. Jude says nothing about works or deeds. If Abel is your example of works salvation, it sorta defeats your point that salvation is not of works. The point had nothing to do with offerings. God did accept one. Not for any particular reason. God’s favor did not condemn Cain. Your proof would be Hebrews 11:4
4 By trusting, Hevel offered a greater sacrifice than Kayin; because of this, he was attested as righteous, with God giving him this testimony on the ground of his gifts. Through having trusted, he still continues to speak, even though he is dead.

It was not the offering that mattered. It was the trust/faith in God. It was the attitude of trust. Cain had an attitude of distrust, and envy.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Baptized Catholics and Orthodox are readily accepted into the kingdom!

Yes you are all taught this...but not by the New Testament.
See, the man-made stuff always produces people like you who believe what you believe.
Its not actually related to Jesus or Paul, but, its interesting to read on a forum.

Malihah

May 20, 2020
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I am not. Go figure.

You're definitely not. But don't feel bad the world needs street sweepers and garbage men too. I'm just here to brag about what I have and what Protestants never will. Keep calling God's church the great whore and we'll keep you locked away in the darkest pit of unbelief forever.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're definitely not. But don't feel bad the world needs street sweepers and garbage men too. I'm just here to brag about what I have and what Protestants never will. Keep calling God's church the great whore and we'll keep you locked away in the darkest pit of unbelief forever.
Why would I feel bad? Growing up I always thought it'd be fun to be a trash collector. They rode on the back of the truck and got to know the community. I would not mind being a street sweeper. Most of the time they ride on a street sweeping machine. But I think I'd like the old way better. Work is good for the body and the soul.

I am not envious about what other people have. There is no need of it. I have Christ and for me He is enough not only to satisfy my needs but to fulfill all of my wants.

I understand how someone of your spiritual stature could view me as unambitious. I suppose you are right. I am content with Christ. I am not hampered by the complexities that accompany those with such a lofty status. As a spiritual street sweeper I am eternally grateful for Christ's unmerited love.

As far as calling people or churches whores, you must have miss read something. I have never felt the need to judge servants of Another. Like I said, I do not hold the spiritual insight and stature that you have attained. Why would a spiritual garbage man judge your church? Why would one so enlightened a person as you even care if such a lowly servant as I disagreed with your theology?

Last edited:
Reactions: quietthinker