Untitled

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
The Christian believes and knows. We are not of this world. We are of the Spirit of our Father, God. Our experience with God and His Holy Spirit is not the same as your experience with some worldly spirit.

If you have entered some sort of 'dimension' as you call it, it is not of God's Spirit.

But, my point was, how do you know? Are you saying it is just your experience? The Christians faith in Christ results in his being born-again and indwelt by the Holy Spirit. Atheists and agnostics mock such faith and experience and ask for us to prove it. Show the evidence and proof they say. So, again, how do you know? Where is 'your' evidence and proof?

Stranger
It's not an experience when everyone around you sees you fall flat on your face, and the next thing you know you're surrounded by light.

Reactions: bbyrd009

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Sorry that is where you are totaly and utterly wrong.

If you can prove Jesus did not live, die and rise again, in fact if you can prove just the last I would have no reason to believe in Christianity.

You claim there is a mountain of evidence against Christianity.

Strange how it never is quoted in debates with people like William lane Craig, or even with Ken Ham.
Are you Christian's still following these false teachers?

You preach to me about having the holy spirit, and having spiritual eye's to understand the Bible. But you still need teacher's, I thought Jesus was your teacher.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the writers (Wink wink) of the new testament didn't really know if leaving Jesus was even possible. Backsliding is just when Christians turn bad, like as some of the hypocritical types in the book of act's.

I called it "backsliding" but I didn't turn bad - I'm a goody two shoes and was even before I got saved. I became angry at God and stopped reading the bible.

You seem to know some of the bible - why did you become an agnostic? I don't know how you went into "another dimension" but please be careful - some of that stuff is very dangerous. There is real power in operation and it does not have your good in mind. The evil one came to "steal, kill, and destroy" and it may lure you into things that may seem good at the time, but like a fisherman puts bait on a sharp hook, you won't know just how evil the powers you're playing with are until that sharp hook sinks into your flesh.

If you have tampered with the dark side I urge you to look up "Deliverance" immediately. You can do a self-deliverance or contact a ministry that does it and they'll help you. Please do not fool around with it.

Last edited:

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I called it "backsliding" but I didn't turn bad - I'm a goody two shoes and was even before I got saved. I became angry at God and stopped reading the bible.

You seem to know some of the bible - why did you become an agnostic? I don't know how you went into "another dimension" but please be careful - some of that stuff is very dangerous. There is real power in operation and it does not have your good in mind. The evil one came to "steal, kill, and destroy" and it may lure you into things that may seem good at the time, but like a fisherman puts bait on a sharp hook, you won't know just how evil the powers you're playing with are until that sharp hook sinks into your flesh.

If you have tampered with the dark side I urge you to look up "Deliverance" immediately. You can do a self-deliverance or contact a ministry that does it and they'll help you. Please do not fool around with it.
I know who Satan is, would you like to know who he is? Because I don't think you know.

Here I'll give you a clue.
beholder-1106165.jpeg

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to renounce good also, because that'll kill you too.

:)

You are correct that GOOD, shall TAKE a mans LIFE...

You are in error to renounce GOOD.

All Flesh bodies ARE Sentenced to DEATH, By He who IS Good, and thee Creator of All flesh bodies.
All Flesh bodies SHALL Die.

Man has the OPTION, to "Surrender" their own Flesh (Mortal) LIFE unto DEATH, TO He Whom IS Good, and "RECEIVE" a New Life, that that is Everlasting and Immortal.

Or "Remain" subject to Evil, and NOT receive a New Life that is Everlasing and Immortal.

Glory to God; He who is Good, He who provides, He who Offers His created man an Option, and the Freewill to accept His Offer, OR NOT.

Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not an experience when everyone around you sees you fall flat on your face, and the next thing you know you're surrounded by light.

Well, it's not something you believe. And you don't know by experience. So how do you know? Where is your evidence and proof?

The Christian believes and knows because the Spirit of God gives it to him to believe and know. How do you know?

Stranger

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been to the other side, the 4th dimension as I've coined it. I know there's actually something else, you only believe you know.

Hi JJ,

I've been reading a number of your posts, you interest me, mostly, wondering why you post here.

But on this part above, how do you know what it was?

You say you've been to, well, we'll go with your name 4th dimension, but how do you know you experienced anything besides an hallucination? Not meaning to insult, just asking the question. How do you know?

Much love!
Mark

Last edited:

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
If you open your heart to Jesus he will come in and fill those empty places. Logic is no good, it has to be a heart decision.
I did and believed. Now I am not convinced. Faith and feelings are not a good conduit to determine truth. Why is it wrong to know want to know that god exists instead of believing without evidence? Why don't you believe anything else on faith or do you?

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you from any another world than this one? Do you know anything outside your own beliefs?I've been to the other side, the 4th dimension as I've coined it. I know there's actually something else, you only believe you know.
You've gone on a delusional demonic trip at best. Astral projection? Nothing new under the sun.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did and believed. Now I am not convinced. Faith and feelings are not a good conduit to determine truth. Why is it wrong to know want to know that god exists instead of believing without evidence? Why don't you believe anything else on faith or do you?

Hi Vince,

I became a Christian because I came to believe the Bible was God's Word, His revelation to man. And I came to that belief based on evidence.

You utilize faith all the time. You trust in this, trust in that, trust in the chair to hold you, the stair to take your step, the food to not kill you, you trust and trust and trust.

You trust the food because every time you eat it, you are nourished. Oh, but not so much. Sometimes, it's junk food, and sometimes, it's gone over a bit, and sometimes it may make the belly a little sour.

But you've learned to distinguish between when you are being nourished and when it's just junk food, and when it makes you ill, you've learned that in this case the food may have been not right, but that doesn't mean all food is bad, of course not!

But why not take the same approach to faith, so much more needed then food.

Much love!

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never got to that point, so my 20 year's of faith was fake.
I thought I was a Christian, but I was not even close.
Had I actually surrendered to Jesus, I would have altered my mind in such a way that I could never return from.
Sorry, no that is not the truth. To become a believer does not alter your mind.
You have got some very distorted views of Christianity & Jesus. This can happen because of ungodly spiritual influences or from mind altering drugs, mental illness, the occult, or from some type of ungodly material.The Bible cautions us to test the spirits for a reason to see who are from GOD. The spiritual realm is real and the LORD God of the Bible is sovereign & has power over Satan. The Lord Jesus the one who has won the victory over Satan on our behalf. Have you ever heard of Steven Bancarz? He was a popular new age blogger. He discovered Jesus after falling down a rabbit hole. site.

Last edited:

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Hi Vince,

I became a Christian because I came to believe the Bible was God's Word, His revelation to man. And I came to that belief based on evidence.

You utilize faith all the time. You trust in this, trust in that, trust in the chair to hold you, the stair to take your step, the food to not kill you, you trust and trust and trust.

You trust the food because every time you eat it, you are nourished. Oh, but not so much. Sometimes, it's junk food, and sometimes, it's gone over a bit, and sometimes it may make the belly a little sour.
This use of faith is not the same as the faith to believe a god exists. I agree I cannot know with 100% certainty that the chair will hold me but I can be very confident it will based on evidence not faith. I can demonstrate over and over that it hold my weight and unless I see a defect I can be confident it will in the future. This is very different than faith used to believe a god exists. Can you demonstrate god exists?

But you've learned to distinguish between when you are being nourished and when it's just junk food, and when it makes you ill, you've learned that in this case the food may have been not right, but that doesn't mean all food is bad, of course not!

But why not take the same approach to faith, so much more needed then food.
Because I have a mountain of evidence that food nourishes me I have very little for faith in the christian god or any god.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This use of faith is not the same as the faith to believe a god exists. I agree I cannot know with 100% certainty that the chair will hold me but I can be very confident it will based on evidence not faith. I can demonstrate over and over that it hold my weight and unless I see a defect I can be confident it will in the future. This is very different than faith used to believe a god exists. Can you demonstrate god exists?

Because I have a mountain of evidence that food nourishes me I have very little for faith in the christian god or any god.

I can demonstrate the the Bible comes from outside this space/time continuum. And that in those places I can scientifically verify it proves true, and in ways that go beyond what anything I've every found to compare it to.

Now . . . you've proven to yourself you can trust a chair, because it has proven itself trustworthy.

When you examine a chair, and it seems solid, seems to be the right shape, good materials, so you take a seat, and it holds you.

I examine the Bible, and I find it was written such and such years ago, giving details about things that didn't happen until a great many years later.

Things that are happening now that I can see for myself.

I can read it in the Bible, in detail, and see it in the world today.

So I take a seat, and find, it is in fact trustworthy.

Much love!
mark

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
In matters of the spirit we need to let our hearts rule. Logically what Christians believe can't possible be true.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

But we believe by faith, and it's not through our own faith but the faith God has planted in us. I know that God exists by the evidence of His presence in my own life and that of others. By my own and their witness and testimonies. To see him working in my life is all the proof I need. Too many people, including my own son, are like Thomas; they won't believe until they have the proof.

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
You are correct that GOOD, shall TAKE a mans LIFE...

You are in error to renounce GOOD.

All Flesh bodies ARE Sentenced to DEATH, By He who IS Good, and thee Creator of All flesh bodies.
All Flesh bodies SHALL Die.

Man has the OPTION, to "Surrender" their own Flesh (Mortal) LIFE unto DEATH, TO He Whom IS Good, and "RECEIVE" a New Life, that that is Everlasting and Immortal.

Or "Remain" subject to Evil, and NOT receive a New Life that is Everlasing and Immortal.

Glory to God; He who is Good, He who provides, He who Offers His created man an Option, and the Freewill to accept His Offer, OR NOT.

Taken
God is good? Yeah, when your God orders the death of little babies by the sword, then that must be good to you.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God is good? Yeah, when your God orders the death of little babies by the sword, then that must be good to you.
That is a common misconception amongst unbelievers but it is Satan who causes all the evil in the world not God.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I can demonstrate the the Bible comes from outside this space/time continuum. And that in those places I can scientifically verify it proves true, and in ways that go beyond what anything I've every found to compare it to.

Now . . . you've proven to yourself you can trust a chair, because it has proven itself trustworthy.

When you examine a chair, and it seems solid, seems to be the right shape, good materials, so you take a seat, and it holds you.

I examine the Bible, and I find it was written such and such years ago, giving details about things that didn't happen until a great many years later.
Where do you find this in the bible?

Things that are happening now that I can see for myself.
Like what?

I can read it in the Bible, in detail, and see it in the world today.

So I take a seat, and find, it is in fact trustworthy.
What things do you find?

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
It is Satan who causes all the evil in the world not God.
But god just sits there and watches as horrendous things happen to children. Can he not stop it? You would if you could I bet.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Sorry, no that is not the truth. To become a believer does not alter your mind.
You have got some very distorted views of Christianity & Jesus. This can happen because of ungodly spiritual influences or from mind altering drugs, mental illness, the occult, or from some type of ungodly material.The Bible cautions us to test the spirits for a reason to see who are from GOD. The spiritual realm is real and the LORD God of the Bible is sovereign & has power over Satan. The Lord Jesus the one who has won the victory over Satan on our behalf. Have you ever heard of Steven Bancarz? He was a popular new age blogger. He discovered Jesus after falling down a rabbit hole. site.
The rabbit hole huh? I'll show you the rabbit hole.

Everything people believe is a lie, beliefs, any type of belief is a lie.

Believing itself is a lie.

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
In matters of the spirit we need to let our hearts rule. Logically what Christians believe can't possible be true.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

But we believe by faith, and it's not through our own faith but the faith God has planted in us. I know that God exists by the evidence of His presence in my own life and that of others. By my own and their witness and testimonies. To see him working in my life is all the proof I need. Too many people, including my own son, are like Thomas; they won't believe until they have the proof.

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. Hebrews 11:6
A Muslim can also say the same thing to me. Why should I believe you over them?

I am not looking for 100% certainty because that is not attainable for anything. I am looking for sufficient evidence.