Untitled

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
That is what belief is. Belief is not 100% certainty. We cannot be 100% certain of anything in my opinion so what we believe is true is based on evidence and a confidence level from that evidence. I am almost 100% sure that the sun will still be here tomorrow when I wake up based on a lot of evidence but I cannot be 100% certain, I cannot know the future.
No, no, no. Belief is when you project assumptions on the subject you don't understand.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
No, no, no. Belief is when you project assumptions on the subject you don't understand.
I 100% disagree. No one has 100% knowledge we all operate on belief. Some operate on justified belief and others don't, most are a mix depending on the subject.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I 100% disagree. No one has 100% knowledge we all operate on belief. Some operate on justified belief and others don't, most are a mix depending on the subject.
Is your name Vince? Do you operate on believing your name is Vince?

Is your name Vince 100% or not?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Do you believe your family loves you? How do you know? What proof do you have?

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Do you believe your family loves you? How do you know? What proof do you have?
Actually my family didn't love me, just like the Christians here don't.

And how do I know?

Because like them, you don't actually want to know me. You can't love someone if you don't want to know anything about them, right? I mean how can you have a relationship with someone you don't know.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually my family didn't love me, just like the Christians here don't.

And how do I know?

Because like them, you don't actually want to know me. You can't love someone if you don't want to know anything about them, right? I mean how can you have a relationship with someone you don't know.
I am trying to get to know you JJ. But I don't understand you. I suppose once I got to know you I would. But I can't get to know you if I don't understand you.

It's sad that your family didn't love you. Do you mean your mum and dad or you wife and kids?

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

I believe that my name is Vince. Do I know that 100% for certain? I would say not only because I do not have a solution for hard solipsism. Although I am 99.99999999% convinced it is.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Vince,

I became a Christian because I came to believe the Bible was God's Word, His revelation to man. And I came to that belief based on evidence.

You utilize faith all the time. You trust in this, trust in that, trust in the chair to hold you, the stair to take your step, the food to not kill you, you trust and trust and trust.

You trust the food because every time you eat it, you are nourished. Oh, but not so much. Sometimes, it's junk food, and sometimes, it's gone over a bit, and sometimes it may make the belly a little sour.

But you've learned to distinguish between when you are being nourished and when it's just junk food, and when it makes you ill, you've learned that in this case the food may have been not right, but that doesn't mean all food is bad, of course not!

But why not take the same approach to faith, so much more needed then food.

Much love!

You should start a thread on "Faith/Trust" @marks !
I trust Him because He has proven over and over again how faithful He truly is. He brings me such peace and provides for me in ways I could never imagine. There are so very many awesome answers to the prayers of faith. I think many just do not recognize or, appreciate? - their blessings. ALL good things come from God, and Him alone.
It's a beautiful thing to have His peace ♥

Reactions: Pearl and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Vince

One easy evidence is the world scene today, Israel's place in the land, the particular nations that surround them, and their ideologies, the nations around those, the militarized nations prophesied to attack Israel are just as predicted, the fabric of society, if you will, there is much more.

Prophecies of what it would it would all look like at the end of the age, and it's all just like what the Bible said.

Clearly written long ago, and clearly portraying the current time.

Actually how interested are you?

Much love!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Muslim can also say the same thing to me. Why should I believe you over them?

I am not looking for 100% certainty because that is not attainable for anything. I am looking for sufficient evidence.

I have 100% certainty. Why is that?

Stranger

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I believe that my name is Vince. Do I know that 100% for certain? I would say not only because I do not have a solution for hard solipsism. Although I am 99.99999999% convinced it is.
Ahh for Christ sake! Vince. You know you can be sure of some shit!!! Like, how I am now going to be banned.

R.I.P JJ.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You should start a thread on "Faith/Trust" @marks !
I trust Him because He has proven over and over again how faithful He truly is. He brings me such peace and provides for me in ways I could never imagine. There are so very many awesome answers to the prayers of faith. I think many just do not recognize or, appreciate? - their blessings. ALL good things come from God, and Him alone.
It's a beautiful thing to have His peace ♥
I totally have those same experiences and need no other 'proof' that my heavenly Father is real.

Reactions: Nancy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is good? Yeah, when your God orders the death of little babies by the sword, then that must be good to you.

Yes thee Lord God is Good.
How Wonderful for Him to Save the children of men who Rejected Him.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Pearl

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I would say you are speaking of deciding to believe something hinged on a mindful logical conclusion.

Choosing to believe in God has nothing to do with the Carnal Mind or Logical Conclusions.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I would say you are speaking of deciding to believe something hinged on a mindful logical conclusion.

Choosing to believe in God has nothing to do with the Carnal Mind or Logical Conclusions.

Glory to God,
Taken
I agree. You know when God calls you and can't help but believe. Look at Paul. He believed he was a man of God but he persecuted Christians but he knew when God called him as did the fishermen and the tax collector etc.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia

Glory to God,
Taken
2 Timothy 2:23-24 23Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24And the LORD's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

JellyJam

Apr 24, 2019
Brisbane, Queensland
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I agree. You know when God calls you and can't help but believe. Look at Paul. He believed he was a man of God but he persecuted Christians but he knew when God called him as did the fishermen and the tax collector etc.
Your beliefs, are a sickness.

Sin is not the issue, it's the beliefs people have in the first place that cause sin to manifest.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
2 Timothy 2:23-24 23Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24And the LORD's servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.
And so does that mean because you are not one of the Lord's servants that you be quarrelsome and resentful?

Reactions: Nancy