Urgent advice required regarding marrying an unbeliever

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pradeep

Nov 10, 2015
Please note that I have also put this up on few other forums to get responses.

Praise & thanks to the Lord for having Christian forums like these.

This is urgent so I would really appreciate your inputs.

I was born in a different religion, but the concept of Christianity slowly grew on me since last 10-11 years or so. I am 31 years old now, and started gaining a keen interest in Christianity when I was about 20-21 years old.

So even though I didn't had any major testimony or experience that transformed my heart, I still believe the Gospel and have accepted Christ as my Lord & Savior.

I try to live by the word each day, and daily communion with the Holy Spirit throughout the day makes me glad.

However, I wouldn't say that I am a mature Christian yet, and have a long way to go.

Now here is the problem - my family highly objected to me going to Church regularly, and I had to stop fellowship as a result. That was about 6 years ago. So I kept my relationship with Christ as a personal secret, reading the word and growing spiritually - but in the secrecy of my heart. To the rest of my family, Christianity is not much a part of my life anymore - when in reality it is the biggest part of my life. I literally rely on it for everything, as I am very un-gifted and weak/immature/unwise in the flesh.

Now my family started to look for marriage proposals for myself, and after years of being unsuccessfull at finding a suitable match - they have now found a girl. I did talked to her, and she sounds like a very good girl, comes from a modest background, comes from our religion and cultural background (non-christian).

Everything matched between us, she has also said yes and I have no reason to say no.

Except that I am really looking forward to a biblical marriage with a believer. I don't want to marry a person from another faith, hoping that someday they will too believe, and risk my spiritual intimacy with Christ as a result.

So what do I do now?

-At this stage I can't tell my family that I can't marry because I haven't even told them about my faith in Christ fully.

-Also, I am not a very good candidate for marriage per se. My educatonal qualifications, current financial status and looks etc. are not that great - and are only now getting better as I sow the word of God as the seed in these areas.

So If I do say no to this marriage, it is very likely that I may not get another marriage proposal atleast from my religion. (I am almost 32, and in our part of the world - that's too late already)

Lastly, I do not know how an actual, real body of Christ will recieve me. If I propose a girl from a Christian family - will they reject me stating that my faith is just some story that I made up? (I am not baptized or anything, nor have I shared my faith publicly yet.)

So if I let this one go, will I remain unmarried after not finding a match in either of the communities?

I just don't have time as the family are expecting my go-ahead by tomorrow.

Please help.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Pray...ask God for direction and that he open and shut doors for you. He already knows your heart and you trust him more than anyone else ~ so pray that God divinely intervene on your situation...pray brother...I will come in agreement in prayer with you! :25rji92:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Pradeep,

It is unfortunate that you stopped going to Church, it would have been better to go to them for advice. They would have known you and your situation better than strangers over the internet. Is it too late for you to go back to the pastor of that Church to ask for advice?

What strikes me the most is not that you are a christian entering into marriage with an unbeliever, but that you conceal that your a Christian. When are you going to tell your bride that your a Christian?

i pray for your courage because your going to need it to remain faithful.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
pradeep

The simple answer is no. Don't get married to an unbeliever.

2Cor. 6:14

Stranger

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To marry an unbeliever is to be unevenly yoked. God does not want this for us. At some point, you are going to need to come clean about your faith. Persecution is something all Christians should be prepared to embrace and endure. Jesus spoke to this in John, among many other places.

John 15:18-19 (ESV)

The Hatred of the World
18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

God Bless,

BA

kyrie-eleison

Oct 13, 2016
Honestly, i feel like I have returned from war and have recognized that I am the enemy. I am no longer the enemy. No other battle seems real or relevant

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
kyrie-eleison said:
Honestly, i feel like I have returned from war and have recognized that I am the enemy. I am no longer the enemy. No other battle seems real or relevant
kyrie,

Not sure what all you are referring to, but I am glad to see you back!! :)

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Born_Again said:
To marry an unbeliever is to be unevenly yoked. God does not want this for us. At some point, you are going to need to come clean about your faith. Persecution is something all Christians should be prepared to embrace and endure. Jesus spoke to this in John, among many other places.

John 15:18-19 (ESV) The Hatred of the World
18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

God Bless,

BA
I agree, with the advice concerning coming clean about one's Christian faith.

But concerning marriage to an unbeliever one may want to consider 1 Cor. 7:12-16:

"12 I (not the Lord) say to the rest of you: If a brother has a wife who is an unbeliever and she is willing to live with him, he must not abandon[h] her. 13 And if a woman has a husband who is an unbeliever and he is willing to live with her, she must not abandon[i] him. 14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified because of her husband.[j] Otherwise, your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbelieving partner[k] leaves, let him go. In such cases the brother or sister is not under obligation. God has called you[l] to live in peace. 16 Wife, you might be able to save your husband. Husband, you might be able to save your wife."

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
junobet said:
I agree, with the advice concerning coming clean about one's Christian faith.

But concerning marriage to an unbeliever one may want to consider 1 Cor. 7:12-16:

"12 I (not the Lord) say to the rest of you: If a brother has a wife who is an unbeliever and she is willing to live with him, he must not abandon[h] her. 13 And if a woman has a husband who is an unbeliever and he is willing to live with her, she must not abandon[i] him. 14 For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified because of her husband.[j] Otherwise, your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbelieving partner[k] leaves, let him go. In such cases the brother or sister is not under obligation. God has called you[l] to live in peace. 16 Wife, you might be able to save your husband. Husband, you might be able to save your wife."
Buuuuut, you should not knowingly go into a relationship with an unbeliever. Why would you willing do that? I certainly wouldn't condone going into something knowing its not the best idea in the world. It makes it that more difficult to raise your children in a Christian household.

2 Corinthians 6:14 (ESV)

The Temple of the Living God
14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Why would you throw that out there?

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Born_Again said:
Buuuuut, you should not knowingly go into a relationship with an unbeliever. Why would you willing do that? I certainly wouldn't condone going into something knowing its not the best idea in the world. It makes it that more difficult to raise your children in a Christian household.

2 Corinthians 6:14 (ESV) The Temple of the Living God
14 Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?

Why would you throw that out there?
Please note that this passage is about idol worshipping, not marriage.
There are millions of inter-faith families who manage to bring up their children just fine. IMHO it’s our job to help them overcome possible conflicts, not to bring their relationships into disrepute.

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
junobet said:
Please note that this passage is about idol worshipping, not marriage.
There are millions of inter-faith families who manage to bring up their children just fine. IMHO it’s our job to help them overcome possible conflicts, not to bring their relationships into disrepute.
Wrong. It mentions idols, but it is not only about idols. It is about anything unclean. If your body is a dwelling for the Lord, you are not to come into partnership with those who do not have the same dwelling.

On top of that, why would you still recommend paring up with an unbeliever? You want to overcome possible conflicts, dont marry an unbeliever for starters.

Reactions: Angelina

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Born_Again said:
Wrong. It mentions idols, but it is not only about idols. It is about anything unclean. If your body is a dwelling for the Lord, you are not to come into partnership with those who do not have the same dwelling.
I’m afraid I find your stance on this highly unbiblical. As far as I’m aware of the only time the Bible ever mentions marriage between Christians and unbelievers Paul solely points us to the possibility that the unbelieving spouse might be sanctified by the believing one. Nowhere does he warn that the unbelieving spouse would defile the believing one. Probably he knew just as well as Peter that heshould stop calling anyone common or unclean” (Acts 10:28b).
Paul also said “I know—and have been persuaded by the Lord Jesus—that nothing is unclean in and of itself, but it is unclean to a person who thinks it is unclean.” (Romans 14:14) So I give you that you should not marry an unbeliever if your personal conscience forbids you to do so, but I see no justification whatsoever to declare a ban on interfaith-marriage a common law for all Christians.

On a side note concerning our body being a dwelling for the Lord: maybe you should read the Parable of the Good Samaritan whilst keeping in mind that Jesus’ audience regarded Samaritans as dirty unbelievers. Accordingly I find many an unbeliever more Christ-like than many a self-proclaimed Christian. Being of the very Lutheran conviction that we can only be good in as much as Christ dwells in us, I’d say Christ probably dwells more in these unbelievers than they themselves are aware of. Feel free to differ.

On top of that, why would you still recommend paring up with an unbeliever? You want to overcome possible conflicts, dont marry an unbeliever for starters.
Coming from a culture that doesn’t arrange marriages any more, I’d recommend you marry the person you love whilst being aware that no marriage is entirely free of conflicts, not even a marriage between two people sharing the same religious beliefs.

kerwin

Aug 17, 2016
pradeep said:
Please note that I have also put this up on few other forums to get responses.

Praise & thanks to the Lord for having Christian forums like these.

This is urgent so I would really appreciate your inputs.

I was born in a different religion, but the concept of Christianity slowly grew on me since last 10-11 years or so. I am 31 years old now, and started gaining a keen interest in Christianity when I was about 20-21 years old.

So even though I didn't had any major testimony or experience that transformed my heart, I still believe the Gospel and have accepted Christ as my Lord & Savior.

I try to live by the word each day, and daily communion with the Holy Spirit throughout the day makes me glad.

However, I wouldn't say that I am a mature Christian yet, and have a long way to go.

Now here is the problem - my family highly objected to me going to Church regularly, and I had to stop fellowship as a result. That was about 6 years ago. So I kept my relationship with Christ as a personal secret, reading the word and growing spiritually - but in the secrecy of my heart. To the rest of my family, Christianity is not much a part of my life anymore - when in reality it is the biggest part of my life. I literally rely on it for everything, as I am very un-gifted and weak/immature/unwise in the flesh.

Now my family started to look for marriage proposals for myself, and after years of being unsuccessfull at finding a suitable match - they have now found a girl. I did talked to her, and she sounds like a very good girl, comes from a modest background, comes from our religion and cultural background (non-christian).

Everything matched between us, she has also said yes and I have no reason to say no.

Except that I am really looking forward to a biblical marriage with a believer. I don't want to marry a person from another faith, hoping that someday they will too believe, and risk my spiritual intimacy with Christ as a result.

So what do I do now?

-At this stage I can't tell my family that I can't marry because I haven't even told them about my faith in Christ fully.

-Also, I am not a very good candidate for marriage per se. My educatonal qualifications, current financial status and looks etc. are not that great - and are only now getting better as I sow the word of God as the seed in these areas.

So If I do say no to this marriage, it is very likely that I may not get another marriage proposal atleast from my religion. (I am almost 32, and in our part of the world - that's too late already)

Lastly, I do not know how an actual, real body of Christ will recieve me. If I propose a girl from a Christian family - will they reject me stating that my faith is just some story that I made up? (I am not baptized or anything, nor have I shared my faith publicly yet.)

So if I let this one go, will I remain unmarried after not finding a match in either of the communities?

I just don't have time as the family are expecting my go-ahead by tomorrow.

Please help.
Your marriage would be based on deception if you continue to hide your Christianity.

It is that very hiding that has created this situation.

Is that hiding necessary for you health or just your smooth relations with your family.

You have heard what Scripture states and you know your situation so ask and seek for the answer from God and the do what is right.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
junobet said:
I’m afraid I find your stance on this highly unbiblical. As far as I’m aware of the only time the Bible ever mentions marriage between Christians and unbelievers Paul solely points us to the possibility that the unbelieving spouse might be sanctified by the believing one. Nowhere does he warn that the unbelieving spouse would defile the believing one.
1 Corinthians 7 is more likely about one spouse becoming a believer while they were married. If the unbelieving partner chooses to stay in that marriage then so be it. If the unbelieving partner does does not wish to stay in that marriage, then they can depart....

Probably he knew just as well as Peter that heshould stop calling anyone common or unclean” (Acts 10:28b).[/QUOTE]In the portion above that in Acts:1015 God said to Peter ~ " And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.”
I understand that those who listened to Peter were cleansed because of the word that was spoken to them.

Paul also said “I know—and have been persuaded by the Lord Jesus—that nothing is unclean in and of itself, but it is unclean to a person who thinks it is unclean.” (Romans 14:14) So I give you that you should not marry an unbeliever if your personal conscience forbids you to do so, but I see no justification whatsoever to declare a ban on interfaith-marriage a common law for all Christians.
Paul is speaking here about believers who Judge one another because of the weakness of some believers faith. It has nothing to do with marriage.

On a side note concerning our body being a dwelling for the Lord: maybe you should read the Parable of the Good Samaritan whilst keeping in mind that Jesus’ audience regarded Samaritans as dirty unbelievers. Accordingly I find many an unbeliever more Christ-like than many a self-proclaimed Christian. Being of the very Lutheran conviction that we can only be good in as much as Christ dwells in us, I’d say Christ probably dwells more in these unbelievers than they themselves are aware of. Feel free to differ.
I find it interesting that you think Christ dwells within the unbeliever?

BTW ~ interfaith religions are not the same as a Christian believer and a non-believer. That is not interfaith....

Bless ya!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
junobet said:
I’m afraid I find your stance on this highly unbiblical. As far as I’m aware of the only time the Bible ever mentions marriage between Christians and unbelievers Paul solely points us to the possibility that the unbelieving spouse might be sanctified by the believing one. Nowhere does he warn that the unbelieving spouse would defile the believing one.
1 Corinthians 7 is more likely about one spouse becoming a believer while they were married. If the unbelieving partner chooses to stay in that marriage then so be it. If the unbelieving partner does not wish to stay in that marriage, then they can depart....

Probably he knew just as well as Peter that heshould stop calling anyone common or unclean” (Acts 10:28b).
In the portion above that in Acts:1015 God said to Peter ~ " And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.”
I understand that those who listened to Peter were cleansed because of the word that was spoken to them.

Paul is speaking here about believers who Judge one another because of the weakness of some believers faith. It has nothing to do with marriage nor has interfaith marriage to do with a Christian believer and a non-believer. A non-believer does not necessarily mean, they are from another faith.

I find it interesting that you think Christ dwells within the unbeliever? The Holy Spirit is a guarantee of our inheritance, a deposit guaranteeing what is to come.

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Sorry for the late answer Angelina. I only just noticed your reply. Maybe – if it is technically possible – it would be a good idea for the forum to notify people of replies to their posts like they are notified when they received a private message.

Angelina said:
Probably he knew just as well as Peter that heshould stop calling anyone common or unclean” (Acts 10:28b).
In the portion above that in Acts:1015 God said to Peter ~ " And a voice spoke to him again the second time, “What God has cleansed you must not call common.”

In my opinion it is abundantly clear that - after pondering for quite a while what his vision may have meant – Peter came to the conclusion that nobody is to be considered unclean. Peter did not even know what word had been spoken to Cornelius when he entered his house:
“27 As Peter[l] talked with him, he went in and found that many people had gathered. 28 He told them, “You understand how wrong it is for a Jew to associate or visit with unbelievers.[m] But God has shown me that I should stop calling anyone common or unclean, 29 and that is why I didn’t hesitate when I was sent for. Now may I ask why you sent for me?” (Acts 10:27-29)
Considering anybody common or unclean and developing a Pharisee-style ‘holier than thou’-attitude goes against everything the Bible tells us about the need for humility.
Because everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the person who humbles himself will be exalted.” (Luke 14:11)

I find it interesting that you think Christ dwells within the unbeliever? The Holy Spirit is a guarantee of our inheritance, a deposit guaranteeing what is to come.

I find it interesting that so many here so willingly question the salvation of others, whilst taking their own for granted. My understanding of Luke 14:7-11 forbids doing so.
But to explain what I meant when I said Christ may dwell in an unbeliever: I’m coming from the Lutheran perspective that the human condition is one of utter depravity. We cannot choose to do good, unless we are guided by the Holy Spirit. Any good fruit we bring forth isn’t from us but is the produce of faith. To me it logically follows that anybody who brings good fruit in spite of our human inclination to choose evil, is moved to do so by the Holy Spirit. So Gandhi for example would not have considered himself a Christian, but he demonstrated a profound understanding of the Sermon on the Mount that could only be achieved by the Holy Spirit working in him.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
junobet said:
Sorry for the late answer Angelina. I only just noticed your reply. Maybe – if it is technically possible – it would be a good idea for the forum to notify people of replies to their posts like they are notified when they received a private message.

In my opinion it is abundantly clear that - after pondering for quite a while what his vision may have meant – Peter came to the conclusion that nobody is to be considered unclean. Peter did not even know what word had been spoken to Cornelius when he entered his house:
“27 As Peter[l] talked with him, he went in and found that many people had gathered. 28 He told them, “You understand how wrong it is for a Jew to associate or visit with unbelievers.[m] But God has shown me that I should stop calling anyone common or unclean, 29 and that is why I didn’t hesitate when I was sent for. Now may I ask why you sent for me?” (Acts 10:27-29)
Considering anybody common or unclean and developing a Pharisee-style ‘holier than thou’-attitude goes against everything the Bible tells us about the need for humility.
Because everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the person who humbles himself will be exalted.” (Luke 14:11)

I find it interesting that so many here so willingly question the salvation of others, whilst taking their own for granted. My understanding of Luke 14:7-11 forbids doing so.
But to explain what I meant when I said Christ may dwell in an unbeliever: I’m coming from the Lutheran perspective that the human condition is one of utter depravity. We cannot choose to do good, unless we are guided by the Holy Spirit. Any good fruit we bring forth isn’t from us but is the produce of faith. To me it logically follows that anybody who brings good fruit in spite of our human inclination to choose evil, is moved to do so by the Holy Spirit. So Gandhi for example would not have considered himself a Christian, but he demonstrated a profound understanding of the Sermon on the Mount that could only be achieved by the Holy Spirit working in him.
Gandhi would not say he is a Christian, which he wasn't. But you want to say he is. Who says Gandhi demonstrated a profound understanding of the Sermon on the Mount? You? You who say David was not a good role model? You?

Stranger

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Junobet,

If you click on the "Welcome Junobet" at the top left of the main menu page, a drop down box will appear. Click on "My Settings" then "Notification Options" found on the left hand side of that page. Then tick the appropriate boxes on your "Notification Preferences" page and save. This will then allow you to see a bright red notification number come up when something is posted on when threads you are watching at the top left hand corner of the main menu page. It is shaped like a globe and found to the right of the envelope icon.

In my opinion it is abundantly clear that - after pondering for quite a while what his vision may have meant – Peter came to the conclusion that nobody is to be considered unclean. Peter did not even know what word had been spoken to Cornelius when he entered his house:27 As Peter[l] talked with him, he went in and found that many people had gathered. 28 He told them, “You understand how wrong it is for a Jew to associate or visit with unbelievers.[m] But God has shown me that I should stop calling anyone common or unclean, 29 and that is why I didn’t hesitate when I was sent for. Now may I ask why you sent for me?” (Acts 10:27-29)
Considering anybody common or unclean and developing a Pharisee-style ‘holier than thou’-attitude goes against everything the Bible tells us about the need for humility. Because everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the person who humbles himself will be exalted.” (Luke 14:11)
Peter was not a Pharisee however, he did follow the traditions of the Jewish culture/customs/lore knowing that only Jews were entitled to the promises made by God to Abraham up till then. This was a time when the new covenant came into play and a time where the other part of those promises were coming to pass. The promises made regarding all nations being blessed through Abraham's seed. Peter was coming to understand that the promises made were not only for the Jews but for the Gentiles also. Romans 1:5-6, Romans 3:29, Galatians 2:7-8, Galatians 3:8, 14
God had already prepared Cornelius and his household beforehand and made ready, the preaching of the word which brings salvation. He was visited by an angel of the Lord and instructed to find Peter. Acts 10:3, 4, 5, 6. Acts 11:13, 18. All of this was God's handiwork because he knows those who are his. 2 Timothy 2:19
The verse you have cited has nothing to do with questioning another's salvation but rather ensuring that you take the least honorable position at the table and then perhaps you may be invited up to a better position by the host...

I understand what you are saying but do not agree with Augustine's Total Depravity theology. I believe that mankind can still make right moral decisions even if it may come from the wooing of the Holy Spirit but definitely outside a man and not within him. The person has the choice to follow that prompting or to not follow it. Matthew 7:11, Luke 11:13, Acts 10:34-35.
There are many good people out there in the world but being good does not automatically mean your saved. Being a believer in Christ does because it's the only door to salvation. John 3:36, John 6:40, John 14:6, 1 John 5:11-12,

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Stranger said:
Gandhi would not say he is a Christian, which he wasn't. But you want to say he is. Who says Gandhi demonstrated a profound understanding of the Sermon on the Mount? You? You who say David was not a good role model? You?

Stranger
Gandhi meditated daily on the Sermon on the Mount and put its teachings into practice.

You said:: “Should we as Christians act on the Sermon on the Mount? No.”

Jesus said: “Not everyone who keeps saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will get into the kingdom from[d] heaven, but only the person who keeps doing the will of my Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name, drove out demons in your name, and performed many miracles in your name, didn’t we?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Get away from me, you who practice evil!’
24 “Therefore, everyone who listens to these messages[f] of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on a rock. 25 The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, but it did not collapse because its foundation was on the rock.
26 “Everyone who keeps on hearing these messages[g] of mine and never puts them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain fell, the floods came, the winds blew and battered that house, and it collapsed—and its collapse was total.” (Mt 7:21-26)

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
Angelina said:
Hi Junobet,

If you click on the "Welcome Junobet" at the top left of the main menu page, a drop down box will appear. Click on "My Settings" then "Notification Options" found on the left hand side of that page. Then tick the appropriate boxes on your "Notification Preferences" page and save. This will then allow you to see a bright red notification number come up when something is posted on when threads you are watching at the top left hand corner of the main menu page. It is shaped like a globe and found to the right of the envelope icon.
Thanks Angelina, I just changed the settings. How daft of me not to have that sussed that out on my own!

Peter was not a Pharisee however, he did follow the traditions of the Jewish culture/customs/lore knowing that only Jews were entitled to the promises made by God to Abraham up till then. This was a time when the new covenant came into play and a time where the other part of those promises were coming to pass. The promises made regarding all nations being blessed through Abraham's seed. Peter was coming to understand that the promises made were not only for the Jews but for the Gentiles also. Romans 1:5-6, Romans 3:29, Galatians 2:7-8, Galatians 3:8, 14
God had already prepared Cornelius and his household beforehand and made ready, the preaching of the word which brings salvation. He was visited by an angel of the Lord and instructed to find Peter. Acts 10:3, 4, 5, 6. Acts 11:13, 18. All of this was God's handiwork because he knows those who are his. 2 Timothy 2:19

Please note that Peter’s statement is literally universal. No man shall be called unclean. The Spirit of Christianity is not that of an elite little club, but a spirit of inclusion: This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to know the truth fully. 5” (1 Tim. 2:3-7) We can’t give testimony of our faith in Christ to all people when we treat those who don’t believe in Him yet as lepers.

The verse you have cited has nothing to do with questioning another's salvation but rather ensuring that you take the least honorable position at the table and then perhaps you may be invited up to a better position by the host...
??? I’m not quite sure whether I understand you correctly here. Surely you are aware that this is a parable and that Jesus doesn’t talk about good table-manners here, aren’t you? If not, Mt. 13:10-16 would get a whole new dimension to me.

I understand what you are saying but do not agree with Augustine's Total Depravity theology. I believe that mankind can still make right moral decisions even if it may come from the wooing of the Holy Spirit but definitely outside a man and not within him. The person has the choice to follow that prompting or to not follow it. Matthew 7:11, Luke 11:13, Acts 10:34-35.
There are many good people out there in the world but being good does not automatically mean your saved. Being a believer in Christ does because it's the only door to salvation. John 3:36, John 6:40, John 14:6, 1 John 5:11-12,
Well, I don’t even recognize your given verses as prooftexts for a Pelagian notion of free will, in fact I even deem some of them as pointing to total depravity in which only Christ can free us from sin and make us choose good. In that only Christ is the door to salvation, not only but especially to those who believe (1 Tim. 4:10). It is Him who writes the law into people’s hearts (Jeremiah 31:33; Romans 2) and who sets us free to do good: 11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all people. 12 It trains us to renounce ungodly living and worldly passions so that we might live sensible, honest, and godly lives in the present age 13 as we wait for the blessed hope and glorious appearance of our great God and Savior, Jesus the Messiah.[c] 14 He gave himself for us to set us free from every wrong and to cleanse us so that we could be his special people who are enthusiastic about doing good deeds.” (Titus 2:11-14).

But I seeing that we already disagree on these basic premises, I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that one alltogether.