Vaping problems? / benefits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think vaping is:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck Hoping you will feel well soon.

Sounds like you really mastered the inhaling well. Although for you mastering the inhaling properly was probably done at a time when you really needed the nicotine mixed into the vaping fluid, whereas you don't need the nicotine at all now, right?

So I guess part of it is the context of inhaling while vaping, as well as mastering the trick of getting the inhales really well.
I never went down on nicotine with vaping this time. I get pods. I know after I have gone 12+ hours without my breathing goes back to normal and I can work out.

If I had the strength, I'd rather get my oxygen levels back and replace it with exercise.

Vaping is expensive for both wallet and lungs. Better than smoking, but the effects aren't at a "could happen" or "someday" distance. They are present for me.

This is a good one, @quietthinker .

Sad, but a good one.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i tried vaping before.
i felt no huge effects.
people say you can get popcorn lung at this point i havent really tried it anymore. i was trying to use it to stop skin picking

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
i tried vaping before.
i felt no huge effects.
people say you can get popcorn lung at this point i havent really tried it anymore. i was trying to use it to stop skin picking
@lilygrace ppl do it for many reasons; often it's to help quit cigarettes. Maybe you're not facing the challenge of quitting cigarettes, though, which is a blessing for you...)

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@lilygrace ppl do it for many reasons; often it's to help quit cigarettes. Maybe you're not facing the challenge of quitting cigarettes, though, which is a blessing for you...)
Quitting self harm, skin picking and having anxiety is pretty bad.
I don't know what even happened to my vape pen.
If i had it maybe i would have tried it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Quitting self harm, skin picking and having anxiety is pretty bad.
I don't know what even happened to my vape pen.
If i had it maybe i would have tried it.
@lilygrace Maybe another vape pen for Christmas...

Also, daily prayer and the Scripture takes our attention in a heavenward direction, by God's grace.

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@lilygrace Maybe another vape pen for Christmas...

Also, daily prayer and the Scripture takes our attention in a heavenward direction, by God's grace.
We will see lol. I've gone without it.
I do understand perfectly and was not trying to judge.

When i told a friend i started vaping he told me to be careful especially cos he was aware i never smoked.
I have had substance abuse issues. No "Street drugs" but over the counter and sometimes prescription. I need discernment trying things :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We will see lol. I've gone without it.
I do understand perfectly and was not trying to judge.

When i told a friend i started vaping he told me to be careful especially cos he was aware i never smoked.
I have had substance abuse issues. No "Street drugs" but over the counter and sometimes prescription. I need discernment trying things :)
@lilygrace Well, in any case, there is vaping and vaping: vaping with nicotine added and vaping without... inhales are different, with and without nicotine...

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Titus FYI.....thread I started....

(Any wisdom...?)
Even the world is able to see tattoos, smoking, vaping is a vice not a virtue.
Christians are not to invole themselves with carnal things that are iof no profit.

Ephesians 5:17-19
Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit.

God desires His people to be wise.
That is not only pertaining to drinking but all that we do,

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.

Everything we do in this life must be done in the name of the Lord Jesus. This means by
Gods authorization we do everything according to Gods will.
Examples:
"In the name of the Lord, I will go into whorehouses that serve free coffee"

"In the name of the Lord I will drink at public bars during early morning, evening and night"

"In the name of the Lord I will go to places like tattoo parlors"

These examples are places that Mayor's, Presidents, famous preachers would not want to be seen in fear of their reputation being harmed.

Can a Christian really practice vaping and believe, "I am vaping in the name of the Lord" Is that Gods will for His people? No way!

These secular things are carnal, worldly and it is sinful for Christians to involve themselves in such activities.

1Corinthians 3:1-3
And I brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying and strife and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Christians are not to invole themselves in worldly, carnal practices.
Involving oneself in these worldly things keeps a Christian immature.
The only way to please God and grow up as a christian is to put away these foolish practices.

Question:
I dont vape.
Would it be a positive thing for me in my life to start vaping today?
Who here would affirm that I should start vaping?
As I said there is no virtue in these things.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Even the world is able to see tattoos, smoking, vaping is a vice not a virtue.
Christians are not to invole themselves with carnal things that are iof no profit.

Ephesians 5:17-19
Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit.

God desires His people to be wise.
That is not only pertaining to drinking but all that we do,

Colossians 3:17
And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.

Everything we do in this life must be done in the name of the Lord Jesus. This means by
Gods authorization we do everything according to Gods will.
Examples:
"In the name of the Lord, I will go into whorehouses that serve free coffee"

"In the name of the Lord I will drink at public bars during early morning, evening and night"

"In the name of the Lord I will go to places like tattoo parlors"

These examples are places that Mayor's, Presidents, famous preachers would not want to be seen in fear of their reputation being harmed.

Can a Christian really practice vaping and believe, "I am vaping in the name of the Lord" Is that Gods will for His people? No way!

These secular things are carnal, worldly and it is sinful for Christians to involve themselves in such activities.

1Corinthians 3:1-3
And I brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.
I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.
For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying and strife and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Christians are not to invole themselves in worldly, carnal practices.
Involving oneself in these worldly things keeps a Christian immature.
The only way to please God and grow up as a christian is to put away these foolish practices.

Question:
I dont vape.
Would it be a positive thing for me in my life to start vaping today?
Who here would affirm that I should start vaping?
As I said there is no virtue in these things.
Thanks, @Titus. The actual original context of the thread was whether vaping would help ppl quit cigarettes.

( @Cassandra says it does. Not that ppl are advocating starting vaping for its own sake.)

Titus

Feb 5, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, @Titus. The actual original context of the thread was whether vaping would help ppl quit cigarettes.

( @Cassandra says it does. Not that ppl are advocating starting vaping for its own sake.)

I have a better natural remedy,
Unfortunately it's been forgotten, native Americans are to thank for why we know about this medicinal plant.

Its native to north America.
Its non- habit forming.
It does not cause intoxication.
Its main properties are :
Mild sedative(reduces anxiety, helps with insomnia)
Emetic: only at high doses. But one must first know how you will react to the herb. My dad gets nauseated on much lower doses than I do.
reduces the cravings of tobacco by reducing anxiety.
May also in some people have a replacing effect of nicotine alkaloids for the lobline alkaloid in it.
This reducing the craving for nicotine.
This plant has been used by me and my family for over 30 years with no harmful side effects.
It's called lobelia. Not to be confused with the hybrid garden flowers that many plant around the landscaping.
I believe the Latin for it is Lobelia Inflata.
You can get high quality Lobelia at an herb farm in Oregon called Pacific Botanicals.

If you look it up, you will be told it is posionus and can cause coma at high doses.
Why has the medical establishment make such claims?
It's based off of an old study where they took literally a wheelbarrow's worth of Lobelia and extracted one chemical from the plant, thus creating a drug.
They then took mice and injected them with an enormous dose of this one chemical.
The mice went into comas and died.
The powers at be determined it was unsafe and now tell everyone not to use it internally.
Tell that to my Mother who has more than once had migraines that high doses of Lobelia relieved.

I have taken enormous quantities, that according to warnings should have caused me to become comatose.
I have never no matter how hard I have tried made myself go unconscious from this plant medicine.
The only side effect from high doses is severe nausea.

I am not a doctor, do not take this as medical advise.
This is what I do. I'm not telling anyone else to do what I have been doing for over 30 years.
Use your own God given intuition.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I have a better natural remedy,
Unfortunately it's been forgotten, native Americans are to thank for why we know about this medicinal plant.

Its native to north America.
Its non- habit forming.
It does not cause intoxication.
Its main properties are :
Mild sedative(reduces anxiety, helps with insomnia)
Emetic: only at high doses. But one must first know how you will react to the herb. My dad gets nauseated on much lower doses than I do.
reduces the cravings of tobacco by reducing anxiety.
May also in some people have a replacing effect of nicotine alkaloids for the lobline alkaloid in it.
This reducing the craving for nicotine.
This plant has been used by me and my family for over 30 years with no harmful side effects.
It's called lobelia. Not to be confused with the hybrid garden flowers that many plant around the landscaping.
I believe the Latin for it is Lobelia Inflata.
You can get high quality Lobelia at an herb farm in Oregon called Pacific Botanicals.

If you look it up, you will be told it is posionus and can cause coma at high doses.
Why has the medical establishment make such claims?
It's based off of an old study where they took literally a wheelbarrow's worth of Lobelia and extracted one chemical from the plant, thus creating a drug.
They then took mice and injected them with an enormous dose of this one chemical.
The mice went into comas and died.
The powers at be determined it was unsafe and now tell everyone not to use it internally.
Tell that to my Mother who has more than once had migraines that high doses of Lobelia relieved.

I have taken enormous quantities, that according to warnings should have caused me to become comatose.
I have never no matter how hard I have tried made myself go unconscious from this plant medicine.
The only side effect from high doses is severe nausea.

I am not a doctor, do not take this as medical advise.
This is what I do. I'm not telling anyone else to do what I have been doing for over 30 years.
Use your own God given intuition.
@Titus Thanks for the info.; appreciated....

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I’ve considered vaping. She keeps telling me how much better she feels.

Hi @VictoryinJesus Saw your vaping comment also on the other thread.

A while ago you voted "Maybe can vary widely; some benefits to some ppl, problematic to others" in the poll, above; so is this approx. still what you feel about it?

I think you said it was your daughter that reckons it's beneficial to her.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I never went down on nicotine with vaping this time. I get pods. I know after I have gone 12+ hours without my breathing goes back to normal and I can work out.

If I had the strength, I'd rather get my oxygen levels back and replace it with exercise.

Vaping is expensive for both wallet and lungs. Better than smoking, but the effects aren't at a "could happen" or "someday" distance. They are present for me.

At Fluffy: - Perhaps it is the time to stop listening to the enabler and to start trusting God instead to meet all of your needs.

It seems to me that you are in a spiritual battle, and that you are giving ground by which Satan can attack you spiritually so that you fall willingly from God's Grace.

I give thanks that the Lord has heard my prayer and that He is still drawing you into His Loving Embrace. Hold firm to your hope in and love from God.

Shalom

Reactions: DuckieLady

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Vaping problems? / benefits?
It's a pity Jesus missed the benefits of vaping....should he have been introduced. Maybe you could give him the run down in your next prayer Farouk?