Vaping problems? / benefits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think vaping is:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't find @VictoryinJesus original post--I read it off of Farouks,

Victory,

I have a friend who has COPD kinda bad, and she said the same thing. It hurt her to vape, but smoking wasn't as bad. So I understand completely where you are coming from. I want you to know you ate not alone, and what you are saying is felt by others.
Has anyone here tried the patches? When I used to go visit family for a weekend, pre vaping, I would use a patch. It worked great.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I can't find @VictoryinJesus original post--I read it off of Farouks,

Victory,

I have a friend who has COPD kinda bad, and she said the same thing. It hurt her to vape, but smoking wasn't as bad. So I understand completely where you are coming from. I want you to know you ate not alone, and what you are saying is felt by others.
Has anyone here tried the patches? When I used to go visit family for a weekend, pre vaping, I would use a patch. It worked great.
@Cassandra Did your family that you mentioned not like smoking, then? often ppl don't, so visitors keep their packs in their pockets. I guess the patch kept you going while you were with them.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Farouk--the working down from 27% ejuice to 0% ejuice helped me quit completely. i did this over time. Now, Vape free for 5 years, and cigarette free for at least 6.

Reactions: farouk

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
- E-juice contains carcinogens and other hazardous chemicals, such as diethylene glycol, which is found in antifreeze.
- Nicotine is more addictive that Heroin, cocaine, or alcohol. It increases blood pressure and heart rate. - It constricts arteries, which can lead to heart attack. Nicotine inhibits the growth of the brain. Being free of carbon monoxide, e-juice is easier to get addicted to than tobacco.
- Vaping has been linked to lung injuries, such as "popcorn lung."
- Since vaping misconceptions cloud it's danger, many young people believe it is safe. Vaping is the #1 way of using tobacco among young people.
- A study published in Pediatrics suggests that adolescents who vape are six times more likely to regularly smoke tobacco in young adulthood.
- Nicotine, derived from tobacco, a member of the nightshade family, is a poisonous drug that is widely used to manufacture insecticides.
If one already smokes, vaping is the lesser of two evils, but unhealthy non-the-less.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Cassandra Did your family that you mentioned not like smoking, then? often ppl don't, so visitors keep their packs in their pockets. I guess the patch kept you going while you were with them.
Well, if you go somewhere fun, like a theme park or a museum, you gotta take a smoke break. Anyway, I did. It put a damper on things. Vaping didn't -- you can even sneak a vape or two in a restroom.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tried vaping once and it just totally hurt my lungs. Just a burning pain in the lungs. Is that normal? There was nothing enjoyable at all from it lol.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I ended up under a lot of pressure and took up smoking again. I ended up getting a new pod for a small ecig (not blowing clouds around here) and just realized I have been smoke free for like two weeks, give or take 2-3 in between that.

Problem is the nicotine is a stimulant and people with ADHD like myself unknowingly tend to use that as a form of self-medication because it helps with attention and reduces the "dadadada" going on in the brain all of time.

(The only reason I know this is because I fully intend to hack my brain.)

We don't all have hyperactivity on the outside but some of us got hamsters doing wheelies on the inside. So I'm just chillin'.

Maybe I'll give it up completely or maybe I'll just take it slow because extra stress would not be good for me right now
@FluffyYellowDuck So how is the cigarette-quitting / vaping going?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I tried vaping once and it just totally hurt my lungs. Just a burning pain in the lungs. Is that normal? There was nothing enjoyable at all from it lol.
@Mantis Sounds like it didn't work for you, then. Of course, it depends on the strategy I guess; there is a difference between starting vaping without having smoked cigarettes and then using vaping as an alternative to them and cutting down on nicotine - I think this was @FluffyYellowDuck 's strategy, above...

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Mantis Sounds like it didn't work for you, then. Of course, it depends on the strategy I guess; there is a difference between starting vaping without having smoked cigarettes and then using vaping as an alternative to them and cutting down on nicotine - I think this was @FluffyYellowDuck 's strategy, above...

@Mantis I really wonder if you either inhaled too deep or were having a bad reaction to PG/VG. It takes sort of sitting around with it to get it right but the first time you do it, it always does that. Lol

@farouk still using the vape. Getting tired of it, too, but I have not smoked in months I think. I never timed my quit but no desire. Hate the smell again.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Mantis I really wonder if you either inhaled too deep or were having a bad reaction to PG/VG. It takes sort of sitting around with it to get it right but the first time you do it, it always does that. Lol

@farouk still using the vape. Getting tired of it, too, but I have not smoked in months I think. I never timed my quit but no desire. Hate the smell again.
@FluffyYellowDuck Seems like the vape is still helping, then....

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yeah I dunno it was just very unpleasant.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah I dunno it was just very unpleasant.
The first few times are really harsh on lungs/throat. Big head rush.

Then after it mellows out, but to be honest with you, I am really out of shape from it. It still affects oxygen levels.

I tried to do a workout yesterday and I couldn't even get through the first part before I had to sit down and quit. Not typical for me. And I get a lot of chest tightness and asthma from it... So it is not the solution for everybody and it isn't always safe.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Then after it mellows out, but to be honest with you, I am really out of shape from it. It still affects oxygen levels.

I tried to do a workout yesterday and I couldn't even get through the first part before I had to sit down and quit. Not typical for me. And I get a lot of chest tightness and asthma from it... So it is not the solution for everybody and it isn't always safe.
@FluffyYellowDuck Hoping you will feel well soon.

Sounds like you really mastered the inhaling well. Although for you mastering the inhaling properly was probably done at a time when you really needed the nicotine mixed into the vaping fluid, whereas you don't need the nicotine at all now, right?

So I guess part of it is the context of inhaling while vaping, as well as mastering the trick of getting the inhales really well.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

0:30Yul Brynner - Anti-Smoking CommercialYouTube · Matthew Van es · 22 Oct 2006