Vaping problems? / benefits?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you think vaping is:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Ziggy I hope you'll manage not to smoke any more than usual, now that you've had some sad news....

(Maybe revisit the idea of vaping? or maybe this is not practical...)

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy I hope you'll manage not to smoke any more than usual, now that you've had some sad news....

(Maybe revisit the idea of vaping? or maybe this is not practical...)
I'll probably smoke like a train farouk,
for a few days at least.
HUGS

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'll probably smoke like a train farouk,
for a few days at least.
HUGS
@Ziggy Yes, well, you must know; and the news has probably understandably started to take that effect.

I know some ppl also find it hard not to smoke even for the duration of a funeral; and so before and after it they get through quite a lot of cigarettes.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy Yes, well, you must know; and the news has probably understandably started to take that effect.

I know some ppl also find it hard not to smoke even for the duration of a funeral; and so before and after it they get through quite a lot of cigarettes.
It's kicking in..
:(

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's kicking in..
:(
@Ziggy Well...maybe if you make sure you get plenty of rest; and read passages of Scripture slowly, and so the inhales that you do might then be less frequent because your mind would be concentrating on other things.

(But it's easy to talk and hard to practise....)

Thinking of you at this sad time.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm hoping it was pain free.
He was right in the house and his mother never heard him. So I believe it was sudden.
There is nothing I can do. I signed everything over to him in the divorce.
Hid brother is asking me all kinds of questions I don't have any answers for.
I don't know if he had a will, a beneficiary, a lawyer...
My heart goes out to His friend Sam. He was the lawnman I hired when we first moved there.
They became really good friends. They worked on each other's vehicles, engines and motors.. couldn't get their heads out from under the hood.
Unless it was dinner time.
I called Sam when I couldn't get Mark on the phone.
He found him.
He's broken up pretty bad right now. I just talked to him on the phone.
It's going to be a long night...
Thank You
Hugs

Reactions: Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm hoping it was pain free.
He was right in the house and his mother never heard him. So I believe it was sudden.
There is nothing I can do. I signed everything over to him in the divorce.
Hid brother is asking me all kinds of questions I don't have any answers for.
I don't know if he had a will, a beneficiary, a lawyer...
My heart goes out to His friend Sam. He was the lawnman I hired when we first moved there.
They became really good friends. They worked on each other's vehicles, engines and motors.. couldn't get their heads out from under the hood.
Unless it was dinner time.
I called Sam when I couldn't get Mark on the phone.
He found him.
He's broken up pretty bad right now. I just talked to him on the phone.
It's going to be a long night...
Thank You
Hugs
@Ziggy
It's hard.......

I guess you would ideally have wanted to be nearer in order to participate more in the funeral arrangements.

Maybe MIL and Sam smoke also? Let's hope this whole sad experience in some way helps them spiritually; and the fact that you can talk to each other on the 'phone must help all round also...

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy
It's hard.......

I guess you would ideally have wanted to be nearer in order to participate more in the funeral arrangements.

Maybe MIL and Sam smoke also? Let's hope this whole sad experience in some way helps them spiritually; and the fact that you can talk to each other on the 'phone must help all round also...

I'm not good with things like that.
I have a lot of regrets right now.
My mother passed away when she was 60. I was in New Hampshire she lived in Maine.
She had a heart attack in her sleep and didn't wake up one morning. My Dad called to tell me she was gone.
My oldest brother had cancer. I was on the truck in Colorado when my dad called me and told me he was going fast.
I didn't make it back in time. He was 40.
My other brother had blood clots. He died Easter morning watching a football game. I lived in Florida.
My dad called to say he passed away. I didn't even know he was sick. He was 56.
Mark would have been 60 next month. He lives in Florida I live in Maine.

Everynight I call my dad at 6pm sharp. I Never forget to tell him I love him and goodbye..

Neither of them smoke.. well maybe Sam does on occasion. I don't remember.
I won't be able to talk to mom until they get her settle in Hospice for a couple days.
So I'm going to keep in touch with his brother who is in New Hampshire trying to figure all this out.

I'm never in the right place at the right time..

I need to go argue about politics or something..
I don't do well with things

THANK YOU
Hugs

Reactions: Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I'm not good with things like that.
I have a lot of regrets right now.
My mother passed away when she was 60. I was in New Hampshire she lived in Maine.
She had a heart attack in her sleep and didn't wake up one morning. My Dad called to tell me she was gone.
My oldest brother had cancer. I was on the truck in Colorado when my dad called me and told me he was going fast.
I didn't make it back in time. He was 40.
My other brother had blood clots. He died Easter morning watching a football game. I lived in Florida.
My dad called to say he passed away. I didn't even know he was sick. He was 56.
Mark would have been 60 next month. He lives in Florida I live in Maine.

Everynight I call my dad at 6pm sharp. I Never forget to tell him I love him and goodbye..

Neither of them smoke.. well maybe Sam does on occasion. I don't remember.
I won't be able to talk to mom until they get her settle in Hospice for a couple days.
So I'm going to keep in touch with his brother who is in New Hampshire trying to figure all this out.

I'm never in the right place at the right time..

I need to go argue about politics or something..
I don't do well with things

THANK YOU
Hugs
@Ziggy

Give the politicians a miss....

I do like to remember Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, the first and the last (Revelation); He is greater than all circumstances...He by the eternal Spirit offered Himself to God and He purges the believer's conscience (Hebrews 9).

(If MIL doesn't smoke, I guess no need to start, either....)

Reactions: Lambano and Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ziggy

Give the politicians a miss....

I do like to remember Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, the first and the last (Revelation); He is greater than all circumstances...He by the eternal Spirit offered Himself to God and He purges the believer's conscience (Hebrews 9).

(If MIL doesn't smoke, I guess no need to start, either....)
maybe some things are ok not to forget.
I know I don't control the clock and God puts us right where we need to be at whatever time it is.
So maybe wishing I had had a chance to say goodbye or be there now, isn't as important as having a chance to say hello and be there with them then.

I'm watching prophecy in real time. The world is till turning and God is working. I don't want to miss that.
I have a bad habit of sinking into black holes so I need to keep it active, so God is giving me things to watch.
I'm watching the ground move under our feet and we don't even feel it. I'm watching kingdoms falling, anticipating the rising of the One True Kingdom.
It's on it's way, and they want to keep us distracted with all this propaganda and gaslighting.
They don't want us watching.

And to tell you the truth, I'm glad the Lord took Mark now and spared him from the stress coming.
His mom will be ok. She is finally somewhere where she can be looked over 24/7.
Cindy, Mark's brother, will go on with his life in whatever fashion he chooses.
This one is kind of cold. Logical. I haven't spoken to him on the phone, only through messenger on FB.
I asked him if he was ok, he said he had his witchey friends and support group to be there for him.
Pray for him.
If I say him to him, he would be very offended...
Sam just had a new baby boy named Henry :)
He has 4 children now and a beautiful wife Amy.
Time heals.

So I'm going to float around the Forum. My friends are here. The Lord is here..
No place I'd rather be.
God Bless You farouk
HUGS

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, I would. It worked for me!. Be sure your ejuice is tobacco flavored, and not a fruity type. It takes a couple of days to get used to--then it's fine. You will get your second wind in a few days. After that, every couple f weeks, decrease the % nicotine. It wont affect you much then when you get to zero%, it is almost over. A couple weeks, and then you are done.

Many times the Lord takes the desire away, but In my case, no. And i wonder if it was because I suffered from major depression for a long time, and I'm a different sort. It may have been more of a coddle--hope you know what I saying here. Anyway, I'm thankful it is over. And thank god--He was there the whole time.
@Cassandra Thanks for your great contrib.! :)

Glad it worked......I guess you don't have a craving for inhales now.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
i read somewhere that vaping was created to help folk stop smoking. I don't know.
@Cassandra

Not sure...

I know the great preacher Spurgeon smoked. I really don't buy that it's supposedly a moral issue. (I think the moralizing is more a legacy from the Progressive Era issues which Fundamentalists latched onto after World War One, imagining that the idea immediately in vogue before the destabilizing War and its aftermath were supposedly set in stone....)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @FluffyYellowDuck How is it going with you? a while ago you were posting your experiences while trying to quit.

I ended up under a lot of pressure and took up smoking again. I ended up getting a new pod for a small ecig (not blowing clouds around here) and just realized I have been smoke free for like two weeks, give or take 2-3 in between that.

Problem is the nicotine is a stimulant and people with ADHD like myself unknowingly tend to use that as a form of self-medication because it helps with attention and reduces the "dadadada" going on in the brain all of time.

(The only reason I know this is because I fully intend to hack my brain.)

We don't all have hyperactivity on the outside but some of us got hamsters doing wheelies on the inside. So I'm just chillin'.

Maybe I'll give it up completely or maybe I'll just take it slow because extra stress would not be good for me right now

denchikchyb

Oct 13, 2021
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you should do it. There is no way it will benefit your body.
If there is a possibility, you should give it up.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I ended up under a lot of pressure and took up smoking again. I ended up getting a new pod for a small ecig (not blowing clouds around here) and just realized I have been smoke free for like two weeks, give or take 2-3 in between that.

Problem is the nicotine is a stimulant and people with ADHD like myself unknowingly tend to use that as a form of self-medication because it helps with attention and reduces the "dadadada" going on in the brain all of time.

We don't all have hyperactivity on the outside but some of us got hamsters doing wheelies on the inside. So I'm just chillin'.

Maybe I'll give it up completely or maybe I'll just take it slow because extra stress would not be good for me right now
@FluffyYellowDuck Well, a lot of ppl do seem to think it's better to be vaping than smoking cigarettes; my own thought is that "moralizing" against itmakes little sense; but if from a practical perspective vaping can help people quit nicotine, then maybe it has something to commend it.

(I guess you would prefer that your son, now in his teens, never started in the first place, whether cigarettes or vaping.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I tried vaping and couldn’t inhale without pain. I have an inhaler for asthma and for me vaping feels harsher on breathing in. I cough worse with vaping than with cigarettes.
@VictoryinJesus Sorry that it hurts you to vape. @FluffyYellowDuck recently said it seems to help her cut down on nicotine but of course individual needs can vary a lot.

Of course with you having asthma it must be a particular situation.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Work with the Lord. He knows you are stressed. You are working toward quitting--God knows this. I vaped. And I feel like the Lord was with me the whole time, and i was able to quit. I am a high stress individual too. I am been hospitalized for major depression at least twice (years and years ago). I'm sure that what i did --vaping with full strength e juice and then down to 0% nicotine was the way that I was to do it.
We are all different people, but God knows each of us and our limits. I think the vape ways is less stress. That is what I would do in your case.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Work with the Lord. He knows you are stressed. You are working toward quitting--God knows this. I vaped. And I feel like the Lord was with me the whole time, and i was able to quit. I am a high stress individual too. I am been hospitalized for major depression at least twice (years and years ago). I'm sure that what i did --vaping with full strength e juice and then down to 0% nicotine was the way that I was to do it.
We are all different people, but God knows each of us and our limits. I think the vape ways is less stress. That is what I would do in your case.
@Cassandra So vaping definitely seems to have helped you cut down...