Very Confused...Can't quite get my head around it

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I was made in God's Image, why did God make me autistic?
Even though you're autistic you have a mind a body and a soul - just like God - so in his image. One of my grand sons is on the autism scale.

Reactions: Mr E

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All human beings are made in God's image. But none of us are physically and psychologically perfect - we all have flaws.

Reactions: Pearl

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of the structure of our genes we are all unique human beings.

1. For some the genetic structure treated them well
2. For others the genetic structure did not

A bad genetic structure can be a terrible and humiliated (humbling) thing. But there is hope! Not happy with things? Well... The recommendation here is to...

For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word. - Isaiah 66:2

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.- 1 Peter 5:6-7

There is hope for those not birthed genetically well...

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.- John 9:1-3

And prayers for you as well..

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I was made in God's Image, why did God make me autistic?

Hello Jaxy, -welcome to the forum.

For context, I have a grandson on the spectrum-- he has Fragile X syndrome- something I knew nothing about when first told and now something I know a lot about out of necessity. He's four and hasn't yet spoken his first word, but he is joyous, intelligent and remarkable in so many ways. At first I wondered 'why' he has these repeating sequences of DNA within his genetic make-up, that have robbed him of things like speech and good vision, and good dexterity and to be honest, it's difficult to consider from a human perspective, but this human perspective is not the important one.

I can tell you that his mother (my daughter) was a perfectionist. She had the highest expectations of herself and everyone around her. Everything, and everyone HAD to be just the way she thought it/they should be or she was truly disappointed in the situation. My grandson changed all that. She has found grace. She has become patient. She has learned to love things and people just as they are.

It's truly a miracle that came with the package of a boy who had damaged DNA. No one else could have given her that-- it came just for her. He came, just for her. A gift from God.

Sometimes I wonder-- in a spiritual realm that we don't fully comprehend, or see into with any clarity.... Was there a spiritual son who said-- "Here I am, send me" -when the Father asked 'Who will go and serve and save one who is lost?' And that volunteer took on such a difficult assignment. He said---'You need me to be autistic? Severely autistic? Fragile X? -I'll do it. She's worth it.'

And because God so loved my daughter, He sent His son, to save her hard head and heart and I'll forever praise Him for loving her (and me) that much.

Welcome again.

Jaxy

Dec 30, 2022
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much....if I pray hard enough will God show me ways to deal with my issues?

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you so much....if I pray hard enough will God show me ways to deal with my issues?

There are many here who would pray with you and for you Jaxy. What kind of issues are you facing?

Reactions: Keturah

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jaxy... It is God's delight to lift up people such as yourself. For in doing so the glory and praise is returned to him...

The Lord is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens. Who is like unto the Lord our God, who dwelleth on high, Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth! He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill; - Psalms 113:4-7

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely he will. Nothing is too big or too small to take it to the Lord in prayer. Do you know the old song -'What a Friend we have in Jesus'? Listening to Christian music is a really helpful thing too as words set to music seem to 'stick'
better.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Issues in general or autism related?
Not many of us have autism but there's not a single Christian person who does not have issues of some sort. I just noticed you are a fellow brit @Jaxy. I'm in the north west.