Video Games

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once you log into one of the "worlds" you'll make your first character and give them a unique name :) That will be the name we'll have to use to find each other, if we want to chat or do stuff!
Do I have to wait for the whole thing to download? WOW allows you to play while it's downloading, but I don't see that option for LOTRO. Am I missing something, it's at about 25% now.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do I have to wait for the whole thing to download? WOW allows you to play while it's downloading, but I don't see that option for LOTRO. Am I missing something, it's at about 25% now.

I had to go through a hundred names the first time. Lol

Reactions: dev553344

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Far as I know, you have to wait until it's completed. I know it can take a *long* time.

Reactions: dev553344

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I just started playing Crystalis again.
Crystalis-Final-Battle.GIF

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For good and for bad, I've always been drawn to the supernatural.
The NES game, "Crystalis," is the first RPG I ever played.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No offence intended but I can't understand this adult obsession with video games.

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

Reactions: Mayflower

UnrulyBeauty

Oct 11, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No offence intended but I can't understand this adult obsession with video games.

1 Corinthians 13:11
When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

That's okay :)

Video games are not a "child" thing. Adults play games just as much, whether it's solitaire or football or bingo. Everyone loves games.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's okay :)

Video games are not a "child" thing. Adults play games just as much, whether it's solitaire or football or bingo. Everyone loves games.
Not everyone love games. And some of them are very violent.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
And I'm not "obsessed" with them. I enjoy them. They're a hobby.
@UnrulyBeauty I guess every generation has its hobbies. I remember reading that in the 19th century a senior member of the British Royal Family was afflicted by the fact that some of the younger princesses were supposedly so frivolous as to do jigsaw puzzles... (I wonder what she would say now...o_O)

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyone like video games? I am into the retro stuff like SNES and Playstation portable (PSP). I haven't got any favorites yet on the SNES but on the PSP I love the Grand Theft Auto Vice City and Liberty Stories though I don't play as meant I just get on a motorcycle and zoom around :)

Well, you could say that I'm from the video game generation.
I remember some of my mates had Atari then there was CPU gaming with Commodore 64 and Amiga 500.
Then the home console revolution started with Nintendo and Sega.

Meanwhile, on arcade, there was a revolution that took the arcade world by storm.
It was 1991, and a new arcade game would change the gaming world forever... Street Fighter 2

What a huge advancement... Arcade games typically had 1 or 2 buttons that you would mash as fast as possible.
But SF2 had 6 buttons, special moves, combinations and multiple characters. Also, it was the first game where you could challenge each other

My friend's auntie used to work at an arcade parlour in the city.
We would often spend the day there on a Streetfighter machine full of credits so we got fairly good at it.

Then, not long after the release of SF2 came another fighting game that took the world by storm, Mortal Kombat.
I remember the first time I watched someone playing it. The guy did a finishing move and everyone was like, wooowww

Fast forward 30 years and its no surprise that Streetfighter and Mortal Kombat are the most popular fighting games.

Then there is racing games but I'll save that one for next time... Is anyone into sim racing???

Reactions: historyb

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Believe it or not I still have my Super Nintendo that I was about to play. That's old school. I'm starting to feel old now lol these are probably in antique shops now.

View attachment 12951

I'm hoping to get this game eventually as well. :D

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Sel...eywords=Donkey+Kong+Wii&qid=1611973079&sr=8-1

Your starting to feel old are you... Well, I can help with that...

1_MvxNRbvSKyosCenGSi9Cow.png

Atari... The first home console... Check out the 1970s wood grain finish... LoL... And the basic joystick controller with one button...

ONE BUTTON... Super NES had 6 buttons... LoL

Reactions: April_Rose