Virgin Mary is the Woman in Genesis 3:15

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you put your trust in a mistranslated bible? Or on purpose edited bible to edit out Mary.. So I had to go look.

Video and shrouds are hard evidence.
You might be surprised to find out that Mary is not edited from the Protestant Bible. In fact, I've read the Catholic Bible, and I can't remember anything being different as far as the actual text, except for some nonessential books.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you put your trust in a mistranslated bible? Or on purpose edited bible to edit out Mary.. So I had to go look.

Video and shrouds are hard evidence.
Yeah, because a video can't possibly lie. And a piece of cloth can't just be a piece of cloth. (this is sarcasm, BTW.)

Reactions: Nancy

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you have something better?
Yes, I do. I have a relationship with my Savior. I don't have to have physical proof, I need to have faith. (That's in the Protestant bible, BTW, and the Catholic one too.)

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why did Jesus say when he comes back would he find anyone with the faith still around?

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if you reduce all the Christians to Marian believers. . we are the small group that is left.

Wide is the way.. i'm in the narrow.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Truth is Jesus Shroud proves its both of them... and its the CC.. entrance.

Gen 3:15 says Her seed... Jesus and Mary followers. Mother of God makes us children of God and Jesus is like my Brother. He Told John at the Cross to 'behold your Mother' Jesus said we had one.

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its mathematical.
Thru Mary comes Salvation.
Yeah I just grouped them all into the I never pray to Mary camp.

Actually it is not "thru Mary comes Salvation" ... it is thru God comes salvation...

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Let's find out what was made...

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Genesis 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

God Bless!

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Mary not give birth to Salvation? I'm like wondering why you believe at all.

You skipped over the Nativity scene.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hasn't anyone ever thought that the woman of Genesis 3:15 is God's Heavenly organization and the seed is The Messianic kingdom as God's Only Begotten Son as king of that Messianic kingdom?

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:15 Douay.

I have come to understand its the prophesy.. (of Jesus and Mary).. and her seed is against all the thy seeds.

KJV forgot to erase her seed... like in the NIV. Not his seed. Her seed.

KJV also said his heel is bruised by the snake? Come on. He completely blundered it to make the devil look better. The real ending is she shall crush thy head and it will lay in wait for her heel.

Why? b.c The Woman gets the final justice for the being tricked in the beginning.

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mary isn't called the queen of heaven in any of the verses you list. You may want to check out the following verses to see who was given that title: Jeremiah 7:18 and Jeremiah 44:17.
Because you find a title referring to a pagan goddess does not prove that "queen of heaven" cannot be legitimately applied to Mary. Your equation is sick bible twisting. You completely ignore the significant biblical motif of the “Queen Mother.” It’s by no means merely a Catholic invention of late centuries. It’s a thoroughly biblical theme, as noted by any Bible Dictionary. Thus, International Standard Bible Encyclopedia has a long article on it, which is available online:
  • (gebhirah, literally, “mistress,” then a female ruler, and sometimes simply the wife of a king (“queen,” 1Ki 11:19); in Da 5:10 the term malketha‘ “queen,” really means the mother of the king):
  • It stands to reason that among a people whose rulers are polygamists the mother of the new king or chief at once becomes a person of great consequence. The records of the Books of Kings prove it.
  • The gebhirah, or queen mother, occupied a position of high social and political importance; she took rank almost with the king.
  • When Bath-sheba, the mother of Solomon, desired “to speak unto him for Adonijah,” her son “rose up to meet her, and bowed himself unto her, and sat down on his throne, and caused a throne to be set for the king’s mother; and she sat on his right hand” (1Ki 2:19).
  • And again, in 2Ki 24:15, it is expressly stated that Nebuchadnezzar carried away the king’s mother into captivity; Jeremiah calls her gebhirah (29:2).
  • The king was Jehoiachin (Jeconiah, Jer 29:2), and his mother’s name was Nehushta (2Ki 24:8). This was the royal pair whose impending doom the prophet was told to forecast (Jer 13:18). Here again the queen mother is mentioned with the king, thus emphasizing her exalted position. . . .
And finally, the political importance of the gebhirah is illustrated by the fact that in the Books of Kings, with two exceptions, the names of the Jewish kings are recorded together with those of their respective mothers; they are as follows:
  • Naamah, the Ammonitess, the mother of Rehoboam (1Ki 14:21; compare 1Ki 14:31, and 2Ch 12:13);
  • Maacah, the daughter of Abishalom (1Ki 15:2) or Absalom (2Ch 11:20) the mother of Abijah;
  • Maacah, the daughter of Abishalom, the mother (grandmother?) of Asa (1Ki 15:10; compare 2Ch 15:16);
  • Azubah, the daughter of Shilhi, the mother of Jehoshaphat (1Ki 22:42; compare 2Ch 20:31);
  • Athaliah, the grand-daughter of Omri, the mother of Ahaziah (2Ki 8:26; compare 2Ch 22:2);
  • Zibiah of Beersheba, the mother of Jehoash (2Ki 12:1; compare 2Ch 24:1);
  • Jehoaddin (Jehoaddan, 2Ch 25:1) of Jerusalem, the mother of Amaziah (2Ki 14:2);
  • Jecoliah (Jechiliah, 2Ch 26:3) of Jerusalem, the mother of Azariah (2Ki 15:2) or
  • Uzziah (2Ki 15:13,30, etc.; compare 2Ch 26:3);
  • Jerusha (Jerushah, 2Ch 27:1), the daughter of Zadok, the mother of Jotham (2Ki 15:33);
  • Abi (Abijah, 2Ch 29:1), the daughter of Zechariah, the mother of Hezekiah (2Ki 18:2);
  • Hephzibah, the mother of Manasseh (2Ki 21:1);
  • Meshullemeth, the daughter of Haruz of Jotbah, the mother of Amon (2Ki 21:19);
  • Jedidah, the daughter of Adaiah of Bozkath, the mother of Josiah (2Ki 22:1);
  • Hamutal, the daughter of Jeremiah of Libnah, the mother of Jehoahaz (2Ki 23:31);
  • Zebidah, the daughter of Pedaiah of Rumah, the mother of Jehoiakim (2Ki 23:36);
  • Nehushta, the daughter of Elnathan of Jerusalem, the mother of Jehoiachin (2Ki 24:8);
  • Hamutal (Hamital), the daughter of Jeremiah of Libnah, the mother Of Zedekiah (2Ki 24:18).
So we know — far from a supposed absence of “any biblical warrant” — that there is an Old Testament office of gebhirah or Queen Mother: mother of the king. The parallels to Jesus (also a king: of Whom King David was the major prototype) and His mother are obvious. The office was so high and important — second only to the king — that the names of the Queen Mothers are exhaustively recorded in Scripture. Prayer Warrior has a lot of denying to do.

Thus, we now have seen evidence for the sublime power of the position of Queen Mother, the fact that she sits at the king’s right hand, on another throne, and is even crowned. If this is true of mothers of kings, why not also of the mother of the King of Kings: the Mother of God the Son? It’s perfectly plausible, fitting, expected, and not in the least contrary to this relevant data that we have laid out. Catholic apologist Steve Ray has stated:
One cannot deny that Jesus sits on the throne of his father Solomon. Jesus is the ultimate Son of David who sits on the throne of David (and Solomon) and it would not be unbiblical or irrational or astounding to think that Jesus would do for his mother what Solomon did for his.
What do you mean when you say that the Protestants all reject Mary? She is the mother of our Lord, blessed among women! I just don't pray to her or worship her. I guess that you arrived at your conclusion about what Protestants think by talking to every Protestant?
That's your conclusion, brian100 is referring to the unbiblical animosity that SOME Protestants have against Mary; Queen of Heaven.​
Catholics don't worship Mary. That is an anti-Catholic insult that won't go away. There is no such thing as a "Catholic Mary". She is the mother of all Christians whether one accepts that or not, and Mary doesn't care of one accepts that or not. Her command to the servants "do whatever He tells you" (John 2:5-7 ) is not a sentimental request.
You seem to have a bee under your bonnet. You could get to know people on this forum and find out what we actually think.
We know that most people on this forum can't agree on almost anything, and some people on this forum think that anything from a Catholic is automatically wrong. Including citations from Protestant sources.

Reactions: historyb

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God picked Mary to be his human form entrance into this world.. so by default she becomes the Mother of God Flesh. And his Queen.. Psalms45:9 Douay version.

Oh now you understand her role? Imagine God entering the world thru the woman he loves=Son of God, to us.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's your conclusion, brian100 is referring to the unbiblical animosity that SOME Protestants have against Mary; Queen of Heaven.Catholics don't worship Mary. That is an anti-Catholic insult that won't go away. There is no such thing as a "Catholic Mary". She is the mother of all Christians whether one accepts that or not, and Mary doesn't care of one accepts that or not. Her command to the servants "do whatever He tells you" (John 2:5-7 ) is not a sentimental request.

I was pointing out who is called by that title in the Bible, and I was in no way insulting the mother of my Lord. If you took what I said as an insult against her, I don't know what to tell you. I think that your post to me was a bit insulting, but I will let that go and pray for you.

Last edited:

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know Mary as Gen 3:15 as the Woman and we Catholics =the seed. We are brothers and sisters to Christ. The Fist Catholic based on his Shroud.

We fight the Thy seed.

I provided Video evidence. And physical Evidence. As well as some scriptures for her role.

Catholics pray to Mary.. a lot. I'm not going to deny it. But we also pray to the Father and talk to Jesus.

SO is KJV on her seed.. says so. NIV removed all it it.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know Mary as Gen 3:15 as the Woman and we Catholics =the seed. We are brothers and sisters to Christ.
Did you join this forum to cause more division in the body of Christ? I don't believe that Jesus will take this lightly.

brian100

Jul 5, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you join this forum to cause more division in the body of Christ? I don't believe that Jesus will take this lightly.

I'm joining b.c. you can talk to someone with another point of view. People who left already made the divisions.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm joining b.c. you can talk to someone with another point of view. People who left already made the divisions.
Ah, I'm glad to see that you figured out the reply button. Your response to me doesn't make sense, though. If you care to explain, I would like to know what you mean.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was pointing out who is called by that title in the Bible, and I was in no way insulting the mother of my Lord. If you took what I said as an insult against her, I don't know what to tell you. I think that your post to me was a bit insulting, but I will let that go and pray for you.
You deserved a biblical spanking. Quoting Jeremiah 7:18 and Jeremiah 44:17 to disprove Mary as Queen of Heaven is an abuse of Scripture.