Waddling In from Colorado

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zenguin

Sep 19, 2015
Colorado
Hello, all. I'm one of the new guys. You can call me Zen, I suppose. Despite whatever inferences you take from my username, I am a Christian whose body is in Colorado but whose heart is in Florida. I have been a Christian for twenty-five of my thirty years. I was raised as a Southern Baptist, but left the idea of denominations behind when I was eighteen. I currently don't have a church home, because where I live, the distance is prohibitive (one of many reasons I want to move to Florida).

I am a writer by trade, but as of yet unpublished. I write apocalyptic science fiction, mostly, but I also dabble in other genres. Though I am a Christian and a writer, I am not a Christian writer. That having been said, I am also something of an odd bird. I adhere to some of my evangelical roots, but I eschew many legalistic doctrines. Walking the path set before me allows me to exist in multiple words, in accordance with Isaiah 9:2. "The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined."

If there's anything you'd like to know, please ask. I will be touching base on my blog from time to time to dig into what I believe about specific topics, though ultimately I take a lesson from Mere Christianity: show more than you tell, and don't pair agendas with faith. I believe in freedom through the truth, and the utmost liberty for all, so long as those liberties do not infringe upon the rights of others. I am an advocate for the physically disabled, the mentally ill, and those who society tends to shun. I have a love for penguins that knows few bounds, and I believe in love, loyalty, and persistence--all attributes penguins express.

As Always,

Waddle On

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Zenguin!
25fimq8.gif

I am a Christian whose body is in Colorado but whose heart is in Florida.
I was talking to a friend who has traveled to the US and I asked him which state stood out to him the most when he visited and he said Colorado. Def a bucket-list to do thing to be accomplished in my Lifetime!
fz0qx0.gif

Great to have you aboard. Looking forward to your posts...
2hqawwj.gif

13343014.gif
13343019.gif

Bless ya!

Brother Joe

Sep 21, 2015
Hello. I'm new here also and thought I would drop in on a few post and welcome others. I hope you find what your looking for here. God bless you.