Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have there been any such prophets in the last 500 years !?

Are any of the prophets as great as Jesus is ? (even in the Bible)
You probably won't just run into them anywhere out on the streets...but yes they are out there.
And no prophet would ever claim to be as great or greater than Jesus....but if you compare Our Lord and Savior, the King of Kings, The Lamb of God, the Lion of Judah as a mere prophet then you have demoted Him. lol

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But there is much room for hope of a spiritual awakening

Believe it is possible also, as all things are possible with God. Although maybe differing in what is an awakening. Thessalonians 5:3-6 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. [4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. [5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. [6] Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Revelation 3:1-3 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. [2] Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. [3] Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

“Thou has a name that you live, and are dead.” Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Yet still “many sleep” 1 Corinthians 11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. (Not sober and watching)

1 Corinthians 11:29-30 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. [30] For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Many are weak and sickly among you, and sleep.

R

Rita

Heart2soul, you shared with me, so I will now share.... when you encouraged me the other night I was reminded of a picture / image I was given about 6years ago- at the time I was In a church that was splitting, arguing , mainly over Gifts of the spirit verse going to back to old ways........
In my Vision I looked out from the church building and saw an army marching through my local village, behind me were a group of soldiers fighting, on the floor and a question arose in my mind ‘ do you want to fight in the real battle ‘ - for me it was a choice, but I am not sure I understood it all then.
The soldiers fighting were still in the army, but they were fighting amongst themselves so much that they didn’t notice the army marching past ( I knew that represented the church ) The soldiers marching were focused on the one at the front - I knew that was Jesus.
‘ Do you want to fight in the real battle ‘ - isn’t that a question that all Christians should be asking themselves

Just lately ‘ Elijah ‘ keeps coming up in my studies, reading, even songs posted ( Helen )
I am reading a book by John Bevere ( I know many don’t like him here, but I don’t really care as God can and does use many people to speak to his people - and the book kind of found me yesterday - and it was free as well ) It’s ‘ A Voice of one calling ‘ and is very much about the prophetic ministry in the last days........ for me it is inspiring, just like your encouragement the other day Heart2soul ......

The Holy Spirit is reminding me of things as I sort to understand my gifts many years ago , all that has come about through your lovely encouragement the other day xxx
Rita

R

Rita

By the way, I notice on the forum that many often just talk about ‘ The American Church ‘ ( as in, it needs revival ) It isn’t just about America - Jesus isn’t just involved or desiring a revival in one place -
You need to be more outward thinking xx
Rita

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe it is possible also, as all things are possible with God. Although maybe differing in what is an awakening. Thessalonians 5:3-6 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. [4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. [5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. [6] Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Revelation 3:1-3 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. [2] Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. [3] Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

“Thou has a name that you live, and are dead.” Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Yet still “many sleep” 1 Corinthians 11:21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken. (Not sober and watching)

1 Corinthians 11:29-30 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. [30] For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.

Many are weak and sickly among you, and sleep.

@Heart2Soul if you don’t mind want to share a few other verses concerning: Thessalonians 5:3-6 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. [4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. [5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. [6] Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
Luke 21:34–36 (YLT): 34 ‘And take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts may be weighed down with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and anxieties of life,(the cares of this life, see the seed parable) and suddenly that day may come on you, 35for as a snare it shall come on all those dwelling on the face of all the land, 36watch ye, then, in every season, praying that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that are about to come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.’

“worthy to escape” compared to Thessalonians 5:3-6 where “and they shall not escape” ...But you brothers are not in darkness, that that day should over take you as a thief. That you may be accounted “Worthy to escape”. Don’t want anyone to misunderstand; I’m not suggesting it is on our own merit as being counted worthy but on the merit of Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

As the verses which say of whom a man is overcome ...the same is brought into bondage. ”When I am weak, I am strong.” having been overcome and brought into the glorious bondage of ”He who is in you, is Greater than he who is in the world”. Not of that which waxes worse and worse, the latter end worse than the beginning. Instead “Provide bags which wax not old” 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.(in the Lord) [14] Let all your things be done with charity.

Last edited:

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heart2soul, you shared with me, so I will now share.... when you encouraged me the other night I was reminded of a picture / image I was given about 6years ago- at the time I was In a church that was splitting, arguing , mainly over Gifts of the spirit verse going to back to old ways........
In my Vision I looked out from the church building and saw an army marching through my local village, behind me were a group of soldiers fighting, on the floor and a question arose in my mind ‘ do you want to fight in the real battle ‘ - for me it was a choice, but I am not sure I understood it all then.
The soldiers fighting were still in the army, but they were fighting amongst themselves so much that they didn’t notice the army marching past ( I knew that represented the church ) The soldiers marching were focused on the one at the front - I knew that was Jesus.
‘ Do you want to fight in the real battle ‘ - isn’t that a question that all Christians should be asking themselves

Just lately ‘ Elijah ‘ keeps coming up in my studies, reading, even songs posted ( Helen )
I am reading a book by John Bevere ( I know many don’t like him here, but I don’t really care as God can and does use many people to speak to his people - and the book kind of found me yesterday - and it was free as well ) It’s ‘ A Voice of one calling ‘ and is very much about the prophetic ministry in the last days........ for me it is inspiring, just like your encouragement the other day Heart2soul ......

The Holy Spirit is reminding me of things as I sort to understand my gifts many years ago , all that has come about through your lovely encouragement the other day xxx
Rita
What a wonderful dream God gave you...and you are spot on....even here on the forum there is soldiers who must choose which battle they will fight for....excellent message and thank you for sharing!

Reactions: Nancy and Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul if you don’t mind want to share a few other verses concerning: Thessalonians 5:3-6 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape. [4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. [5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness. [6] Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
Luke 21:34–36 (YLT): 34 ‘And take heed to yourselves, lest your hearts may be weighed down with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and anxieties of life,(the cares of this life, see the seed parable) and suddenly that day may come on you, 35for as a snare it shall come on all those dwelling on the face of all the land, 36watch ye, then, in every season, praying that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that are about to come to pass, and to stand before the Son of Man.’

“worthy to escape” compared to Thessalonians 5:3-6 where “and they shall not escape” ...But you brothers are not in darkness, that that day should over take you as a thief. That you may be accounted “Worthy to escape”. Don’t want anyone to misunderstand that I’m not suggesting it is on our own merit as being counted worthy but on the merit of Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

As the verses which say of whom a man is overcome ...the same is brought into bondage. ”When I am weak, I am strong.” having been overcome and brought into the glorious bondage of ”He who is in you, is Greater than he who is in the world”. Not of that which waxes worse and worse, the latter end worse than the beginning. Instead “Provide bags which wax not old” 1 Corinthians 16:13-14 Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong.(in the Lord) [14] Let all your things be done with charity.
Excellent scriptures and it fits right in with what He is doing in His Church...we are overcomers by the Blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimonies! The Holy Spirit is giving supernatural boldness to stand for His Truth and empowering us to be strong in faith and obedience to His Word.
As I was writing this I saw you at the gates of His Holy Temple as a gatekeeper...a watch guard keeping out trespassers and spies...and those disguised as Christians but were actually the false prophets, false witnesses, false preachers and teachers who were trying to enter in and bring their lies into the Holy Place and corrupt it.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way, I notice on the forum that many often just talk about ‘ The American Church ‘ ( as in, it needs revival ) It isn’t just about America - Jesus isn’t just involved or desiring a revival in one place -
You need to be more outward thinking xx
Rita
The article I posted wasn't necessarily meant to draw attention to the title...just the scriptures the writer.used. I agree with you...He wants the whole world to be saved.

Reactions: Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Bible...and in person if one comes into your path.
In the Bible, good and well - the ones proven righteous and approved of God.

In person, not good, not well - so far practically all of them in the last hundred years have already been proven false.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Bible, good and well - the ones proven righteous and approved of God.

In person, not good, not well - so far practically all of them in the last hundred years have already been proven false.
No that is not true...we should be careful to claim ALL have been false.....and God still speaks through His prophets and through His vessels that allow themselves to be used by Him....But I will not strive with you over this...I ask the Holy Spirit to lead you into all truth.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No that is not true...we should be careful to claim ALL have been false.....and God still speaks through His prophets and through His vessels that allow themselves to be used by Him....But I will not strive with you over this...I ask the Holy Spirit to lead you into all truth.
Did you read the post or not?

Do you know the difference between "practically all" and "all" ?

Also, when God reveals a false prophet, it is exposed - it is known, .....

If the same spirit that raised Christ dwells in you, then good.
If the prophets you seem to have listened to are in Christ Jesus and speaking truth, then good.
If not, then stop. Seek the Father, and keep seeking Him.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read the post or not?

Do you know the difference between "practically all" and "all" ?

Also, when God reveals a false prophet, it is exposed - it is known, .....

If the same spirit that raised Christ dwells in you, then good.
If the prophets you seem to have listened to are in Christ Jesus and speaking truth, then good.
If not, then stop. Seek the Father, and keep seeking Him.
A question...do you believe His Word that says He will Restore His Church?

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A question...do you believe His Word that says He will Restore His Church?
Loaded question it seems, hoping to what end ?

God's Word is Truth. Never changes. God is never wrong.

the churches in and of the world, are not (not in truth, not never changing, not never wrong(being wrong constantly, daily, by definition again) .
only the Ekklesia realize this. (by definition, and all Scripture)

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Loaded question it seems, hoping to what end ?

God's Word is Truth. Never changes. God is never wrong.

the churches in and of the world, are not (not in truth, not never changing, not never wrong(being wrong constantly, daily, by definition again) .
only the Ekklesia realize this. (by definition, and all Scripture)
Okay....yes it was a loaded question..because you admit by your own words that His Word is True...which is what I needed to establish first.
Now next question....Paul was addressing the church of Corinth and in his teaching about the structure and purpose of the church he detailed the order to which it should be established. 27Now you are the body of Christ, and each of you is a member of it. 28 And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, and those with gifts of healing, helping, administration, and various tongues. 29Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles?…

So is this scripture true? Is this not the church that God established? Have churches today changed the whole order by which it should operate? If He is restoring His church did He say He would restore every function of it EXCEPT the prophets?

Reactions: amadeus and Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is this scripture true?
What was said before, is still remaining unchanged.
Is this not the church that God established?
Not as seen since the first few centuries... (see the difference between Ekklesia and "church" ? )
Have churches today changed the whole order by which it should operate?
Today, "who will listen to our word" "the word of truth which we preach/share/live" ?
Have you ever found a church with people, with Ekklesia, living as the Bible says clearly to live , directed by Jesus ? Following Jesus?

If He is restoring His church did He say He would restore every function of it EXCEPT the prophets?
The Ekklesia throughout history have stood against the false churches, all the time. They are martyred for doing so.
The false prophets of different groups do not help anyone. (except perhaps when they speak and are seen to be false by their own words) ...

a prophet does not have to be named, to be known to be false - if what they say is false, they are false.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What was said before, is still remaining unchanged.

Not as seen since the first few centuries... (see the difference between Ekklesia and "church" ? )

Today, "who will listen to our word" "the word of truth which we preach/share/live" ?
Have you ever found a church with people, with Ekklesia, living as the Bible says clearly to live , directed by Jesus ? Following Jesus?

The Ekklesia throughout history have stood against the false churches, all the time. They are martyred for doing so.
The false prophets of different groups do not help anyone. (except perhaps when they speak and are seen to be false by their own words) ...

a prophet does not have to be named, to be known to be false - if what they say is false, they are false.
I am not arguing that there are false prophets...I am asking what you believe about true prophets today? and Ekklesia still does not change God's Church.

Paul again addressed the church to the Ephesians.....
Ephesians 4
11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

The perfecting of the saints....work of the ministry....edifying the body of Christ.....UNTIL we all come in the unity of faith.

Reactions: amadeus

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not arguing that there are false prophets...I am asking what you believe about true prophets today? and Ekklesia still does not change God's Church.
Ekklesia is not permitted to post freely on this forum.
They are not permitted to speak freely in the churches, almost anywhere.
If there is a true prophet, simply quote something he said. We can test it.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ekklesia is not permitted to post freely on this forum.
They are not permitted to speak freely in the churches, almost anywhere.
If there is a true prophet, simply quote something he said. We can test it.
How interesting....well I will leave it at that. If Ekklesia cannot speak His Word on the forum then this is a huge flag that needs to be tested whether it is of God or not.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How interesting....well I will leave it at that. If Ekklesia cannot speak His Word on the forum then this is a huge flag that needs to be tested whether it is of God or not.
? Did you read the rules of the forum that apply to posting on the forum ? It distinctly restricts what can be posted, thus anyone like a true prophet, or true teacher, or true evangelist, is greatly hindered, or silenced,
while the false prophets, false teachers, and false evangelists,
like the false churches, is given great leeway , freedom to post errors repeatedly, daily, without restriction.