Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe so, but many will still turn from and reject Him because of this.
Sadly yes, because the great apostasy is happening at the same time....as I have shared in other posts already.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
www.personal-communication.org.nz
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Wow! This thread reminds me of Micaiah when he said "Go and prosper!" or "Go up and triumph." 1 Kings 22:15. :)
Yes, and Ahab knew full well that Micaiah was being sarcastic and was not telling what God was actually showing him.

But "go up and prosper" is what the false prosperity and "name it and claim it" preachers are saying?

In actual fact, a believer saying to another believer as guided by the Holy Spirit, "I believe that Jesus wants you to know that He loves you", is just as powerful as a prophecy, because often that can really encourage a believer who is going through real testing and is starting to think that God doesn't love him.

Reactions: Preacher4Truth

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, and Ahab knew full well that Micaiah was being sarcastic and was not telling what God was actually showing him.

But "go up and prosper" is what the false prosperity and "name it and claim it" preachers are saying.
I don't see these self proclaimed prophets doing anything different than the false prophets in the OT. Always prophesying smooth things, positive things, things appealing to self esteem, self, feelings, positive attraction. Many will give a thumbs up because they equate positivity as it must be from God. Repackaged eastern mysticism cloaked as Christianity.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last prophet to the nation was John the Baptizer. When he died, the role of Prophet passed into Jewish history. The role of New Testament prophet is not for the nations, it is for the encouragement, edification, exhortation and comfort for the body of Christ. And a New Testament prophet will not say anything that God has not already said in the 66 books of the Bible.

Therefore, any "prophet for the nations" is a false prophet and a dreamer, saying things that God has not said. There are Scriptural warnings in Ezekiel, from Jesus and Paul about false prophets who will lead people astray, even with false signs and wonders.

So it doesn't matter how great the reputation a preacher or teacher has, if he sets himself up as a prophet for the nations and gives prophecies, he is nothing but a dreamer and a liar.
Oscar what are you doing here on this forum....did you get tired of CF? You are free to share your beliefs here. There are some here who believe the same....and many who believe otherwise. I already been on this topic with you and will humbly refuse to get into another endless debate over our different beliefs on this subject....I thought I recognized that cat....lol....and I definitely recognize your style of posting and your beliefs.
Well God Bless

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Oscar what are you doing here on this forum....did you get tired of CF? You are free to share your beliefs here. There are some here who believe the same....and many who believe otherwise. I already been on this topic with you and will humbly refuse to get into another endless debate over our different beliefs on this subject....I thought I recognized that cat....lol....and I definitely recognize your style of posting and your beliefs.
Well God Bless
Hahaha! I've been "outed"!!!
I got banned from CF for having a good go at Catholicism and Islam, especially when I said that if Pope Francis abolished celibacy, most of the male and female Vatican prostitutes would be out of work! You know me. I can't help it. Probably my Kiwi nature calling a spade a spade, which some in the US can't cope with.

I really appreciate that we can have real fellowship in spite of having different beliefs in some areas. You know that I am not being personal at you in my directness sometimes. I enjoy a good debate, which I learned from my father, who was very opinionated when it came to religion and politics. I remember getting into a very strong argument with him when I voted for the wrong political party and then tried to tell him that I wasn't political. It would be like telling a Republican father that I voted Democrat!! :)

I saw a website that reviewed CF and came to the conclusion after a very logical discussion, that there could be staff members who are not Christians. I suspect that there are those staff members on CF who are Catholic and Muslim supporters and who would suppress free speech concerning the non-Biblical doctrines they hold. Over the 10 or so years I was involved with CF I have noticed a significant trend from the majority being literal Bible-believers, to those who hold with liberal, evolutionary, extra-Biblical "voices", Word of Faith prosperity and Positive Thinking doctrines. Also I am noticing that atheists and agnostics are permitted to argue with believers on the "Christians Only" forums, and one of the warnings that lead to my banning was my comment that atheistic evolution was a religion, and I was not allowed to say that, even though it is a belief system, as creationism is. So this leads me that they may have atheists and theistic evolutionists on their staff who would work toward shutting up anyone who defends the literal truth of the Bible.

However, I hope I haven't hit any nerves in what I have said to you here. That is not my purpose, but to give you the story of why I was banned from CF.

Cheers and blessings to you!!

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha! I've been "outed"!!!
I got banned from CF for having a good go at Catholicism and Islam, especially when I said that if Pope Francis abolished celibacy, most of the male and female Vatican prostitutes would be out of work! You know me. I can't help it. Probably my Kiwi nature calling a spade a spade, which some in the US can't cope with.

I really appreciate that we can have real fellowship in spite of having different beliefs in some areas. You know that I am not being personal at you in my directness sometimes. I enjoy a good debate, which I learned from my father, who was very opinionated when it came to religion and politics. I remember getting into a very strong argument with him when I voted for the wrong political party and then tried to tell him that I wasn't political. It would be like telling a Republican father that I voted Democrat!! :)

I saw a website that reviewed CF and came to the conclusion after a very logical discussion, that there could be staff members who are not Christians. I suspect that there are those staff members on CF who are Catholic and Muslim supporters and who would suppress free speech concerning the non-Biblical doctrines they hold. Over the 10 or so years I was involved with CF I have noticed a significant trend from the majority being literal Bible-believers, to those who hold with liberal, evolutionary, extra-Biblical "voices", Word of Faith prosperity and Positive Thinking doctrines. Also I am noticing that atheists and agnostics are permitted to argue with believers on the "Christians Only" forums, and one of the warnings that lead to my banning was my comment that atheistic evolution was a religion, and I was not allowed to say that, even though it is a belief system, as creationism is. So this leads me that they may have atheists and theistic evolutionists on their staff who would work toward shutting up anyone who defends the literal truth of the Bible.

However, I hope I haven't hit any nerves in what I have said to you here. That is not my purpose, but to give you the story of why I was banned from CF.

Cheers and blessings to you!!
No you haven't hit any nerves, I praise God that He delivered me from a spirit of offense....now I just share my beliefs humbly and humbly accept those who believe otherwise....The Holy Spirit is the one who teaches and guides us into all truth and this is who we should listen to. Amen? I refer people to seek Him on topics I have presented and let Him tell them whether it is true or not. That keeps the burden off me to try to convince others to believe as I do.....and keeps the strife out of it. lol.

Well if you got banned for something you believe in then you were being true to your belief I suppose....and this is how it is with Christians.....we tend to be very firm in our beliefs!
Well welcome to the forum and BE NICE....haha.

Paul Christensen

Mar 2, 2020
Christchurch
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
No you haven't hit any nerves, I praise God that He delivered me from a spirit of offense....now I just share my beliefs humbly and humbly accept those who believe otherwise....The Holy Spirit is the one who teaches and guides us into all truth and this is who we should listen to. Amen? I refer people to seek Him on topics I have presented and let Him tell them whether it is true or not. That keeps the burden off me to try to convince others to believe as I do.....and keeps the strife out of it. lol.

Well if you got banned for something you believe in then you were being true to your belief I suppose....and this is how it is with Christians.....we tend to be very firm in our beliefs!
Well welcome to the forum and BE NICE....haha.
As Don Rickles said, "I'm a nice guy!"

There are doctrines that are not absolutely essential for our salvation, and having debates about these are always fun, instructive and non-threatening.

But there are doctrines central to our salvation, and I will defend those to the max because it means heaven or hell for the person who believes them or disbelieves them.

For example. I had a good "fencing" time crossing swords with those who believe in transubstantiation - that the wafer and wine somehow magically turned into the real bod and blood of Christ. But in the end, I had to acknowledge that Jesus actually said that we had to eat His body and drink His blood in order to be His disciples. I know that you and I know He meant it symbolically, but for Catholic and Lutheran believers it is literal. I just am not prepared to concede that it becomes so real that people need to worship it, as some do. But once having made my objections those things, I have to concede that if people take the wafer and drink the wine believing that they are eating Christ's body and drinking His blood (but not worshiping these elements), then who am I to say they are wrong in having that belief, seeing that Jesus said it plainly? So, for that reason, I don't see it as an essential biggie for someones's salvation.

But when it comes to worshiping Mary and statues of her, I can see in Scripture that it is an abomination to God and therefore is a salvation issue because God hates idolatry, and John clearly instructs believers to kept themselves from idols. So I will definitely and strongly, without apology, warn them that they are heading for hellfire if they continue in their idolatry.

Of course, I understand the strong objection to my posts concerning it from those who believe in Mary worship, because it is inseparately linked to their hope of salvation at the judgment. So, in warning them that Mary worship is idolatry and is an abomination to God, is actually chipping away at one of the important foundations of their faith. So they will defend their doctrine to the point of shooting abuse and acidic comments at me to bring me down and shut me up. And they successfully did that on CF by getting me banned for three months.

But the Lord led me to this forum where the admin is a fellow New Zealander and knows one of my most valuable mentors in the faith. How providential is that!!!

So, I understand why I am getting serious personal flak from some, where one of the foundations of their salvation is concerned, and so I don't get my knickers in a twist and start reporting them. That would be pretty peevish of me. I would rather be good natured and civil to them, because a soft answer turns away wrath (Proverbs 15:1).

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can’t copy and paste on my iPad, it’s a nightmare trying to do it xx
I did check out the website, but it kind of looks like one of those dodgy ones ( you remember the sort that sovereign grace use to post from with all the conspiracy theories she had.
Rita
I use my iPad a lot and have no problem with copy and paste. Just pressed down lightly on the screen on the word, and then drag over all that you want to copy, then clip copy. Then start a post and press on the screen in the box and hit paste, and voila!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita...

I did check out the website, but it kind of looks like one of those dodgy ones ( you remember the sort that sovereign grace use to post from with all the conspiracy theories she had.
Rita

I just copied and pasted your post in less than five seconds. :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, no, the Ekklesia are outnumbered by over 50 or 100 or more to 1. Not "many" anywhere public.

Never heard of it. Did not know what it means but did look at the link. A quick question formed by links I come across before seeing yours: The Greek word "ecclesia" is correctly defined as: "The called-out (ones)" [ECC = out; KALEO = call]. Thus, you can see how this word was used to indicate a civil body of select (called, elected) people.

Are the called-out ones “ecclesia” only males?

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
About a week ago I had fallen asleep on the couch and when I woke up I heard Him say It's Time!.....I remember at first I was anxious thinking it was "my" time...my number was up....but as my head cleared and I became fully awake the light bulb came on and I jumped up with joy....IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!!
Time for what? The greatest outpour of the Holy Spirit ever! The awakening of those who have fallen asleep in their gifts and callings to be stirred up again and to be used by God mightily.

Then last night I was drifting off to sleep...and He said....WAKE UP! WAKE UP! WAKE UP!
So I was fully awake and began to pray in tongues but I couldn't just pray in tongues I was singing in tongues and when I would try to just speak only song would come out......

If you have ever been used by God in the gifts of the Holy Spirits or were called to witness/minister but gave up and kind of "fell asleep" in that area....He isn't finished with you.
It's time to wake up and stir up the gifts He has given you!

I was told the other day that David Wilkerson prophesied that there would be a virus coming all over the earth and it would be followed by a great awakening.

R

Rita

@Rita...

Rita

I just copied and pasted your post in less than five seconds. :)
Lol, well I must admit I have not tried it on my new iPad, my old one use to be a nightmare - think it may be down to me, not the actual iPad itself xx
By the way I didn’t mean you when I mentioned about dodgy websites , I meant the other soveriegn grace , she hasn’t been on here for ages now x
Rita

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The called-out (ones)"
HELPS Word-studies
1577 ekklēsía(from 1537 /ek, "out from and to" and 2564 /kaléō, "to call") – properly, people called out from the world and to God....

Too many definitions spoil the chocolate chip cookies (made with oats, honey, distilled water, sea salt, cocoa, .... ) ...
(looking online turned up too many variations .... Just the one 1577 above, seems the best simplest to consider .... God Permitting.

R

Rita

I am wondering whether I have misunderstood your whole meaning Joseph, I took it to mean that those called out, the ekkleisia were those who are ‘ born again, spirit filled ‘ Christians - but are you meaning a completely separate group of elite Christians that are called out in a different way ( might explain why you did not get what I was saying on another thread )
I guess an example would be the apostles , as opposed to Jesus disciples - a separate group, on another level - and if you are , do you believe that you are one of them.
Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was told the other day that David Wilkerson prophesied that there would be a virus coming all over the earth and it would be followed by a great awakening.
I just researched this and there are web sites that speak on this....wow.... and it was in 1986 that he prophesied that....
Thanks for sharing this.

Reactions: Rita
R

Rita

I just researched this and there are web sites that speak on this....wow.... and it was in 1986 that he prophesied that....
Thanks for sharing this.
Someone posted a thread about it a few days ago, but I had seen it before - it’s quite interesting, at first I thought it was not valid, but then I was reminded of who David Wilkinson was, and I actually trust his testimonies and ministry
Rita

R

Rita

I am wondering whether I have misunderstood your whole meaning Joseph, I took it to mean that those called out, the ekkleisia were those who are ‘ born again, spirit filled ‘ Christians - but are you meaning a completely separate group of elite Christians that are called out in a different way ( might explain why you did not get what I was saying on another thread )
I guess an example would be the apostles , as opposed to Jesus disciples - a separate group, on another level - and if you are , do you believe that you are one of them.
Rita
Quoting myself here because I have just read the article - of I see what you are getting at, you are referring to those who have left the denominations, well I left ‘ the church ‘ about 6 years ago , and there are many on here that have done exactly the same - independently living with Christ at the Helm .........Yes, I agree there are not that many, but I do believe the number is growing - so you are not talking about elitism ,so I apologise for thinking that, the calling out is the term used for those who no longer ‘ go to church, of any kind , and follow the Lord..........

R

Rita

@SovereignGrace - I copied and pasted the link , it is so much easier on my new iPad, never thought to try it as it never worked very easily on my old one - have no idea why, but Helen had the same issue I believe x
Rita