Walking In Faith By the Word of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
--and personally, I don't give a hoot what Calvin is saying-you should know me better by now.

I wasn't connecting you to Crazy Calvin.

I saw your link, and went there, and looked for Miller's link that is discussing "pre-determination"

What i posted, is His answer, and he seems to have just stated 2 choices.
So, i could not tell which he believes, based on what He wrote, in that link.

Reactions: Johann

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And he uses "Vessels fitted for destruction" as one of his "proofs", again without understanding that God isn't choosing them to be those DAMNED,...but God's Foreknowledge knew they would end up so, before they were born.
AMEN!!!

Reactions: Behold

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I wasn't connecting you to Crazy Calvin.

I saw your link, and went there, and looked for Miller's link that is discussing "pre-determination"

What i posted, is His answer, and he seems to have just stated 2 choices.
So, i could not tell which he believes, based on what He wrote, in that link.
I don't frequent the site-but there is some good biblical data to be found behold.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Walking In Faith By the Word of God!​

Let us truly walk in faith, according to the Word of God, according to what God tells us, and according to His Son Jesus.

In this passage quoted above, we should believe Him when He says,

Hebrews 12:10-13 KJV
10) For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.
11) Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12) Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13) And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

His chastening is effective. So there will never be need of Him breaking His promise,

Hebrews 13:5-6 KJV
5) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
6) So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Much love!
Let's go back to Hebrews 12: My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord,
Nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth,
And scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

Not everyone is consider a child of God and not everyone deal with being chastening. Because you still have to keep the Commandment of God and the fruits of the spirit, doing all this.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin contributes to your shadow. It is not the fear of God until we experience the consequences.

When they ask you to fear God it simply means to repent. Repent means to feel remorse.
Naw, repent meant to turn from sin or sinful ways and keep the Commandments of God according to the Bible. (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Look at verse 5, the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. The ungodly will not stand in the congregation of the righteous. What does this mean?

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The second death is being cast into the Lake of Fire. If you are not in the book of life you will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Now is a reason to fear God and repent and keep his Commandments.

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Naw, repent meant to turn from sin or sinful ways and keep the Commandments of God according to the Bible. (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) It doesn’t matter what you or I think sin is, it’s what God says sin is that counts.

Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away. 5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6 For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.

Look at verse 5, the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. The ungodly will not stand in the congregation of the righteous. What does this mean?

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

The second death is being cast into the Lake of Fire. If you are not in the book of life you will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

Now is a reason to fear God and repent and keep his Commandments.
Yes as the scripts say. Repent means to come out of sin and into a place of remorse or guilt. We have not repent unless we feel remorse for what we have done. Guilt and remorse are in fact the area of repentance.

This is an easy one, Google search it. Get your head out of the logistics of the words and start reflecting the teachings apon your own psyche. Do this and you will change your perspective of sight and start witnessing the Truth.

"Blessed are those who know without seeing me"

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not everyone is consider a child of God and not everyone deal with being chastening. Because you still have to keep the Commandment of God and the fruits of the spirit, doing all this.
This is true, not everyone is a child of God. I speak concerning the regenerate. For those who are His children, these things are true.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Naw, repent meant to turn from sin or sinful ways and keep the Commandments of God according to the Bible. (1John 3:4)
Actually, repent in the NT, "metanoia", means the "after-mind", that is, the mind you have after exchanging the old mind for a new mind.

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, repent in the NT, "metanoia", means the "after-mind", that is, the mind you have after exchanging the old mind for a new mind.

Much love!
Paul also uses godly correction to cause those in error within said church to Sorrow to repentance as well .
Now let all that has breath praise n thank the Glorious Lord .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
Let's take a look at what Ezekiel says about repenting.....21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. 23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? 24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. 26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. 27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. 28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's take a look at what Ezekiel says about repenting.....21 But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. 22 All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. 23 Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live? 24 But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die. 26 When a righteous man turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, and dieth in them; for his iniquity that he hath done shall he die. 27 Again, when the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness that he hath committed, and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul alive. 28 Because he considereth, and turneth away from all his transgressions that he hath committed, he shall surely live, he shall not die.
As I was saying, New Testament repentance, Metanoia . . . well, you've got it in front of you if you care to look.

Much love!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets go into (Heb.11: 1-2, 7, 17, 24-26, 31, 35, 39-40) (v.1) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (v.2) For by it the elders obtained a good report. Now by the elder’s faith (belief) in God they obtained a good report. But how did theses elders show God that they had faith (belief) in him? Let’s take a look at some of them. (v.7) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness, which is by faith. How did Noah prove to God that he had faith in him? By his works! Noah moved with faith and fear and began preparing the ark. (v.17) By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that received the promises offered up his only begotten son. Now here is the father of the faithful, and how did he show God the he had faith in him? By his works!

The Lord God told Abraham to go and sacrifice his son, his only son. And Abraham’s faith was so strong that he was seconds’ way from killing his only son when the angel of the Lord stopped him, now that’s truly fruits of faith. (v.24) By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter; (v.25) Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season; (v.26) Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompense of the reward.

Moses knew who he was once he became of age unlike the movie would have you to believe. How did Moses show his faith? By his works! But through faith he chose to suffer affliction with the people of God rather than enjoy the pleasures of sin by continuing to allow himself to be called the son of Pharaoh’s daughter: esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt. You see Moses knew exactly whom he was dealing with, and it’s best that you learn that the God of the Old Testament is the same God of the New Testament and his name is Jesus.

(v.31) By faith the harlot Ra’-hab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace. The Harlot Ra’- hab showed her faith in God by her works! She hid the spies sent by Joshua, and the Lord blessed her and her family by saving them when he took down the city of Jericho. (v.35) Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: How strong is your faith, will you endure affliction, torture, imprisonment, stoning, and even die for the word of God? These people showed their faith in God by their works, not accepting deliverance because they were looking for a better resurrection. What’s a better resurrection? The first resurrection is a better resurrection because if you are raised in the first resurrection you will not be judged; you will be doing the judging.

But all of these people we just read about showed you fruits of faith they showed you works. (v.39) And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise: They received a good report through faith. But how did they show their faith (belief) in God? By their works, and they all died with a good report having not received the promise. (v.40) God having provided some better things for us, that they without us should not be made perfect. Everybody that has a better resurrection coming will receive it at the same time. That’s why it says that they without us will not be made perfect. Who is perfect? God is perfect. God is recreating God. That’s another lesson for another time.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
wicked will turn
Repentance in Hebrew
No Hebrew word is an exact equivalent for the English term “repentance.”

Repentance was expressed by a number of different actions that show a change in thinking and attitude toward sin and God. Repentance may be demonstrated by:
• a public display of mourning over sin, such as weeping (Ezra 10:1), tearing garments and/or hair (Ezra 9:3), and wearing sackcloth (Joel 1:13)
• making restitution for wrongs committed (1 Chr 21:22–26)
• abasing oneself before the wronged party (Gen 33:3)

The Hebrew word that most closely approximates “repent” or “repentance” is translated into English as “return,” which basically means “to turn around and go in the opposite direction.”

In theological contexts, the implication is to turn from a road characterized by rebellion toward God and to a road characterized by obedience. The emphasis is upon actions that necessarily proceed from turning one’s orientation toward God.
Repentance in Greek

The Greek word for “repentance” derives from a verb meaning “to radically change one’s thinking.”

“Repentance” refers to an event in which an individual attains a divinely provided new understanding of their behavior and feels compelled to change that behavior and begin a new relationship with God (Heb 6:1; Acts 20:21). While the Greek language can represent the concept of repentance as an independent action, the Semitic background of the New Testament writers demanded that appropriate actions follow the event of repentance (Matt 3:8; Acts 26:20). Examples of changed behaviors following repentance include:

• Zacchaeus making restitution for the fraud he committed as part of his occupation (Luke 19:1–10)
• Paul preaching the faith he once tried to destroy (Acts 9:1–28)
• Onesimus, the runaway slave, returning to his master, Philemon, to face the consequences of his actions (Phlm 8–16)

James 2:14–26 offers the most explicit comments in the New Testament regarding the relationship between repentance and appropriate actions. James argues that suitable actions will inevitably follow a sincere experience of repentance. The rhetorical question “What good is it …?” (2:14) calls into question not the effectiveness of faith in Christ without accompanying good deeds to save the sinner, but the very presence of that faith if the deeds do not follow. He argues that just as the evidence of biological life in the human body is the basic processes of respiration and circulation, the evidence of saving faith is acts of justice and mercy that arise spontaneously from a changed life (2:18).
Selected Resources for Further Study
Bauer, Walter, William F. Arndt, and F. Wilbur Gingrich. A Greek—English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature. 2nd ed. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979.
Fabry, Heinz-Josef. “שוב (shwb).” Pages 461–522 in Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament 14. Edited by G. Johannes Botterweck, Helmer Ringgren, and Heinz-Josef Fabry. Translated by Douglas W. Stott. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans, 1993.

Brendan Kennedy, “Repentance,” ed. John D. Barry et al., The Lexham Bible Dictionary (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016).

Shalom
Johann.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Repentance in Hebrew
No Hebrew word is an exact equivalent for the English term “repentance.”

Repentance was expressed by a number of different actions that show a change in thinking and attitude toward sin and God. Repentance may be demonstrated by:
• a public display of mourning over sin, such as weeping (Ezra 10:1), tearing garments and/or hair (Ezra 9:3), and wearing sackcloth (Joel 1:13)
• making restitution for wrongs committed (1 Chr 21:22–26)
• abasing oneself before the wronged party (Gen 33:3)

The Hebrew word that most closely approximates “repent” or “repentance” is translated into English as “return,” which basically means “to turn around and go in the opposite direction.”

In theological contexts, the implication is to turn from a road characterized by rebellion toward God and to a road characterized by obedience. The emphasis is upon actions that necessarily proceed from turning one’s orientation toward God.
Repentance in Greek

The Greek word for “repentance” derives from a verb meaning “to radically change one’s thinking.”

“Repentance” refers to an event in which an individual attains a divinely provided new understanding of their behavior and feels compelled to change that behavior and begin a new relationship with God (Heb 6:1; Acts 20:21). While the Greek language can represent the concept of repentance as an independent action, the Semitic background of the New Testament writers demanded that appropriate actions follow the event of repentance (Matt 3:8; Acts 26:20). Examples of changed behaviors following repentance include:

• Zacchaeus making restitution for the fraud he committed as part of his occupation (Luke 19:1–10)
• Paul preaching the faith he once tried to destroy (Acts 9:1–28)
• Onesimus, the runaway slave, returning to his master, Philemon, to face the consequences of his actions (Phlm 8–16)

James 2:14–26 offers the most explicit comments in the New Testament regarding the relationship between repentance and appropriate actions. James argues that suitable actions will inevitably follow a sincere experience of repentance. The rhetorical question “What good is it …?” (2:14) calls into question not the effectiveness of faith in Christ without accompanying good deeds to save the sinner, but the very presence of that faith if the deeds do not follow. He argues that just as the evidence of biological life in the human body is the basic processes of respiration and circulation, the evidence of saving faith is acts of justice and mercy that arise spontaneously from a changed life (2:18).
Selected Resources for Further Study
Bauer, Walter, William F. Arndt, and F. Wilbur Gingrich. A Greek—English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature. 2nd ed. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1979.
Fabry, Heinz-Josef. “שוב (shwb).” Pages 461–522 in Theological Dictionary of the Old Testament 14. Edited by G. Johannes Botterweck, Helmer Ringgren, and Heinz-Josef Fabry. Translated by Douglas W. Stott. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans, 1993.

Brendan Kennedy, “Repentance,” ed. John D. Barry et al., The Lexham Bible Dictionary (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2016).

Shalom
Johann.
seeing you know all this Johann, how is it you haven't repented? :)