Walking In Faith By the Word of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Many of us hear the word of God but we will see in the scriptures that Fear bring forth Obedience. Once you really sit down and study the Bible from Genesis to Revelation you will see that God means what he says and can't lie. We in the last days where the great punishment comes at the end (Lake of Fire). But those of us who walk in the word of God knows that sometime we have to be chastening by God for correction. Paul says in Hebrew 12: My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, Nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: 6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, And scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. 7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? 8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. 9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

But theres an everlasting punishment for those who refuse to be corrected. Jesus says in Luke 12: 4, 5 And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.

But Let's go back to the beginning and see how the Lord dealt with his people and get some understanding on how we should we wise and be obedient.

Let’s go into Joshua 3: 1 And Joshua rose early in the morning; and they removed from Shittim, and came to Jordan, he and all the children of Israel, and lodged there before they passed over. 7 And the LORD said unto Joshua, This day will I begin to magnify thee in the sight of all Israel, that they may know that, as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee.

8 And thou shalt command the priests that bear the ark of the covenant, saying, When ye are come to the brink of the water of Jordan, ye shall stand still in Jordan. 13 And it shall come to pass, as soon as the soles of the feet of the priests that bear the ark of the LORD, the Lord of all the earth, shall rest in the waters of Jordan, that the waters of Jordan shall be cut off from the waters that come down from above; and they shall stand upon an heap. 15 and as they that bare the ark were come unto Jordan, and the feet of the priests that bare the ark were dipped in the brim of the water, (for Jordan overfloweth all his banks all the time of harvest,) 16that the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city Adam, that is beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, even the salt sea, failed, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho. 17 And the priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the midst of Jordan, and all the Israelites passed over on dry ground, until all the people were passed clean over Jordan.

We see that God magnified Joshua so the people would have the same fear they had towards Moses.

Let’s continue in Joshua 4:1 And it came to pass, when all the people were clean passed over, that the ark of the LORD passed over, and the priests, in the presence of the people. 14 On that day the LORD magnified Joshua in the sight of all Israel; and they feared him, as they feared Moses, all the days of his life.15 And the LORD spake unto Joshua, saying, 16 Command the priests that bear the ark of the testimony, that they come up out of Jordan. 17 Joshua therefore commanded the priests, saying, Come ye up out of Jordan. 18 And it came to pass, when the priests that bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD were come up out of the midst of Jordan, and the soles of the priests' feet were lifted up unto the dry land, that the waters of Jordan returned unto their place, and flowed over all his banks, as they did before. 23 For the LORD your God dried up the waters of Jordan from before you, until ye were passed over, as the LORD your God did to the Red sea, which he dried up from before us, until we were gone over: 24 that all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever.

God knows with out fear, people will not obey him.
Somone only fears what is true when they themself consist of a lie. Our Father has nothing to do with fear.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
As I said, we hear him.
Would you share your thoughts on the subject matter of the presentation?
All signs and miracles pointing to Jesus-no mention of the Cross, and the glorious resurrection of Christ-and what that means.

I went to his Facebook page and ask in the question box--"Do you have an outreach ministry-to the poor and needy as per Matthew 25?" Still awaiting an answer

So, what does it mean to get to know Jesus?

From the Jesus Movement.

But I'm not here to critique him and his Zeplin posters-it's between you and me-would you reckon I need a vision of some sorts before coming to know Jesus?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
All signs and miracles pointing to Jesus-no mention of the Cross, and the glorious resurrection of Christ-and what that means.

I went to his Facebook page and ask in the question box--"Do you have an outreach ministry-to the poor and needy as per Matthew 25?" Still awaiting an answer

So, what does it mean to get to know Jesus?
Are you asking because you don't know or are you asking to set up hoops for me to jump through Johann?
'his sheep hear his voice and he calls them by name'...

John 10:3-4
3To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.

John 10:27

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Are you asking because you don't know or are you asking to set up hoops for me to jump through Johann?
'his sheep hear his voice and he calls them by name'...

John 10:3-4
3To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice.

John 10:27

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
I am not trying to set you up-

Give this a listen.

How do Jesus sheep Hear His voice?

Is it not the Holy Spirit co-witnessing with our spirit AFTER the glorious resurrection of Christ?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am not trying to set you up-

Give this a listen.

How do Jesus sheep Hear His voice?

Is it not the Holy Spirit co-witnessing with our spirit AFTER the glorious resurrection of Christ?
If one hears his voice, one interprets scripture by what one has heard.
When one does not hear his voice, scripture is understood and interpreted sterile of the Jesus factor. From my observation, this usually results in energy spent proving one's particular doctrinal point of view.....usually involving many words.

I have not listened to this presentation yet. I think there is enough to chew on for the moment in the one I posted.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If one hears his voice, one interprets scripture by what one has heard.
When one does not hear his voice, scripture is understood and interpreted sterile of the Jesus factor. From my observation, this usually results in energy spent proving one's particular doctrinal point of view.....usually involving many words.

I have not listened to this presentation yet. I think there is enough to chew on for the moment in the one I posted.
That's it @quietthinker? You want to quit-I am very specific, and you are deflecting brother-How do you HEAR Jesus-a "hit and miss?"

If I should not "hear" the voice of Jesus my understanding of Scripture and interpretation would be fruitless, sterile?

How many times does the word "doctrine" appear in Scripture? Or should I study philosophy-like Brian?

Brian Zahn exposed.

You might want to rethink your philosophical theories-since Mike Winger is not sucking things out of thin air?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's it @quietthinker? You want to quit-I am very specific, and you are deflecting brother-How do you HEAR Jesus-a "hit and miss?"

If I should not "hear" the voice of Jesus my understanding of Scripture and interpretation would be fruitless, sterile?

How many times does the word "doctrine" appear in Scripture? Or should I study philosophy-like Brian?

Brian Zahn exposed.

You might want to rethink your philosophical theories-since Mike Winger is not sucking things out of thin air?
It's the how factor. As an example, how do you hear your children? How did the Pharisees hear Jesus? ....so, back to your question, how do I hear Jesus? Firstly the how factor bears fruit by my objective and that is to introduce folk to Jesus. It also bears fruit in the desire to not be argumentative and try nailing people by pointing out their failures, by blaming or lack of scriptural prowess or bombing them with perceived superior intellectualism.....or offering unasked for advice. All these things belong to the kingdom of this world.

I hear Jesus saying, 'Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.' Matthew 11:28-30

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's the how factor. As an example, how do you hear your children? How did the Pharisees hear Jesus? ....so, back to your question, how do I hear Jesus? Firstly the how factor bears fruit by my objective and that is to introduce folk to Jesus. It also bears fruit in the desire to not be argumentative and try nailing people by pointing out their failures, by blaming or lack of scriptural prowess or bombing them with perceived superior intellectualism.....or offering unasked for advice. All these things belong to the kingdom of this world.

I hear Jesus saying, 'Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.' Matthew 11:28-30
Yet Brian is using the "shame" principle-everyone NOT agreeing with him and his cult are "labelled"
And he is very selective in his Scripture quotations, don't believe God is a God of wrath, vengeance-and deny the substitutionary atonement of Christ, the Cross and anything "bloody"

Didn't know that?

You see @quietthinker-I am not being led by the nose-we may continue the discussion-AFTER you gave Mike Winger a listen, yes?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It also bears fruit in the desire to not be argumentative and try nailing people by pointing out their failures, by blaming or lack of scriptural prowess or bombing them with perceived superior intellectualism.....or offering unasked for advice. All these things belong to the kingdom of this world.
That what you think I'm doing brother?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That's it brother-the whole gospel?
I'm trying to establish a relationship between us-but it would seem you are on evasive mode-did you gave Mike Winger a listen as to Brian?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's it brother-the whole gospel?
I'm trying to establish a relationship between us-but it would seem you are on evasive mode-did you gave Mike Winger a listen as to Brian?
With respect Johann, I find your responses contrary to your claim of not setting up hoops to jump through.
It's as though you require the whole cake baked just as as we have pulled the flour out of its container and if it's not, you question the integrity of the ingredients.

It appears to me you are angling for a relationship of dominance and because I'm not jumping through your hoops you label it evasive.... hmmmmm.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
With respect Johann, I find your responses contrary to your claim of not setting up hoops to jump through.
It's as though you require the whole cake baked just as as we have pulled the flour out of its container and if it's not, you question the integrity of the ingredients.

It appears to me you are angling for a relationship of dominance and because I'm not jumping through your hoops you label it evasive.... hmmmmm.
Exposing a cult and now you are back peddling? You were the one "selling" me your brand-a bloodless gospel, a cross-less gospel.
And you are right, I question everything.

1Jn_4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Believers derive their ability to test truth and falsehood from their anointing by God, their knowledge of the teachings of Jesus, and the work of the Holy Spirit in them (2:20, 27; 3:24).

They can determine a spirit’s origin by examining whether its teaching reflects the love of Christ.

Throughout his letter, John addresses concerns about people who were presenting an alternate, false understanding of Jesus and His relationship to God the Father. Due to a similar concern, Paul also discusses the idea of distinguishing spirits in his letter to the Corinthians (see note on 1 Cor 12:10).

Testing is necessary because of the presence of false teaching—which, based on the terminology used by John, was likely derived directly from an evil spiritual power.

John likely is drawing on the descriptions in Deut 13:1–5 about the testing of prophets (see note on Deut 13:1; note on Deut 13:3; compare note on Matt 7:15),

as well as the spiritual gift of discerning between spirits (see note on 1 Cor 12:10; compare Phil 1:9–10).

4:2 Refers to the source of true teaching about Christ.

John D. Barry, Douglas Mangum, Derek R. Brown, et al., Faithlife Study Bible (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012, 2016), 1 Jn 4:1–2.

Nothing wrong in dokimazo-ing the teaching of Brian-nothing "unloving" to tell you the truth.
Johann.

πειράζω
δοκιμάζω
ἐκπειράζω
πειρασμός
δοκιμή
δόκιμος
δοκίμιον
ἀδόκιμος + εἰμί
εἰμί + ἀδόκιμος
πειράζω + ἐν + δοκιμασία
πειράζω peirazō | 15 of 41

Mt 16:1 And the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and to test him they asked him to show them a sign from heaven.

Mt 19:3 And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking , “Is it lawful to divorce one’s wife for any cause?”

Mt 22:18 But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, “Why put me to the test, you hypocrites?

Mt 22:35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him.

Mk 8:11 The Pharisees came and began to argue with him, seeking from him a sign from heaven to test him.

Mk 10:2 And Pharisees came up and in order to test him asked , “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?”

Mk 12:15 But, knowing their hypocrisy, he said to them, “Why put me to the test? Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.”

Lk 11:16 while others, to test him, kept seeking from him a sign from heaven.

Jn 6:6 He said this to test him, for he himself knew what he would do.

Jn 8:6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground .

Ac 5:9 But Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Behold, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.”

Ac 15:10 Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?

HEBREW WORDSESV
test
נסה
בחן
צרף
לְ + נסה
לְ + ברר
בֹּ֫חַן
חפשׂ
בֹּ֫חַן
נסה nsh | 31 of 62

Ge 22:1 After these things God tested Abraham and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.”

Ex 15:25 And he cried to the Lord , and the Lord showed him a log, and he threw it into the water, and the water became sweet. There the Lord made for them a statute and a rule, and there he tested them,

Ex 16:4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Behold, I am about to rain bread from heaven for you, and the people shall go out and gather a day’s portion every day, that I may test them, whether they will walk in my law or not.

Ex 17:2 Therefore the people quarreled with Moses and said, “Give us water to drink.” And Moses said to them, “Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you test the Lord ? ”

Ex 17:7 And he called the name of the place Massah and Meribah, because of the quarreling of the people of Israel, and because they tested the Lord by saying, “Is the Lord among us or not ?”

Ex 20:20 Moses said to the people, “Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin.”

Nu 14:22 none of the men who have seen my glory and my signs that I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and yet have put me to the test these ten times and have not obeyed my voice,

Dt 6:16 “You shall not put the Lord your God to the test, as you tested him at Massah.

Dt 6:16 “You shall not put the Lord your God to the test, as you tested him at Massah.

Dt 8:16 who fed you in the wilderness with manna that your fathers did not know, that he might humble you and test you, to do you good in the end.

Dt 13:3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Dt 33:8 And of Levi he said, “Give to Levi your Thummim, and your Urim to your godly one, whom you tested at Massah, with whom you quarreled at the waters of Meribah; etc.-

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Exposing a cult and now you are back peddling? You were the one "selling" me your brand-a bloodless gospel, a cross-less gospel.
Your spin/ perception, I'm not doing that at all.
1Jn_4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

Believers derive their ability to test truth and falsehood from their anointing by God, their knowledge of the teachings of Jesus, and the work of the Holy Spirit in them (2:20, 27; 3:24).

They can determine a spirit’s origin by examining whether its teaching reflects the love of Christ.

Throughout his letter, John addresses concerns about people who were presenting an alternate, false understanding of Jesus and His relationship to God the Father. Due to a similar concern, Paul also discusses the idea of distinguishing spirits in his letter to the Corinthians (see note on 1 Cor 12:10).

Testing is necessary because of the presence of false teaching—which, based on the terminology used by John, was likely derived directly from an evil spiritual power.

John likely is drawing on the descriptions in Deut 13:1–5 about the testing of prophets (see note on Deut 13:1; note on Deut 13:3; compare note on Matt 7:15),

as well as the spiritual gift of discerning between spirits (see note on 1 Cor 12:10; compare Phil 1:9–10).

4:2 Refers to the source of true teaching about Christ.

John D. Barry, Douglas Mangum, Derek R. Brown, et al., Faithlife Study Bible (Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press, 2012, 2016), 1 Jn 4:1–2.

Nothing wrong in dokimazo-ing the teaching of Brian-nothing "unloving" to tell you the truth.
Johann.

πειράζω
δοκιμάζω
ἐκπειράζω
πειρασμός
δοκιμή
δόκιμος
δοκίμιον
ἀδόκιμος + εἰμί
εἰμί + ἀδόκιμος
πειράζω + ἐν + δοκιμασία
πειράζω peirazō | 15 of 41

Mt 16:1 And the Pharisees and Sadducees came, and to test him they asked him to show them a sign from heaven.

Mt 19:3 And Pharisees came up to him and tested him by asking , “Is it lawful to divorce one’s wife for any cause?”

Mt 22:18 But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, “Why put me to the test, you hypocrites?

Mt 22:35 And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him.

Mk 8:11 The Pharisees came and began to argue with him, seeking from him a sign from heaven to test him.

Mk 10:2 And Pharisees came up and in order to test him asked , “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?”

Mk 12:15 But, knowing their hypocrisy, he said to them, “Why put me to the test? Bring me a denarius and let me look at it.”

Lk 11:16 while others, to test him, kept seeking from him a sign from heaven.

Jn 6:6 He said this to test him, for he himself knew what he would do.

Jn 8:6 This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground .

Ac 5:9 But Peter said to her, “How is it that you have agreed together to test the Spirit of the Lord? Behold, the feet of those who have buried your husband are at the door, and they will carry you out.”

Ac 15:10 Now, therefore, why are you putting God to the test by placing a yoke on the neck of the disciples that neither our fathers nor we have been able to bear?

HEBREW WORDSESV
test
נסה
בחן
צרף
לְ + נסה
לְ + ברר
בֹּ֫חַן
חפשׂ
בֹּ֫חַן
נסה nsh | 31 of 62

Ge 22:1 After these things God tested Abraham and said to him, “Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.”

Ex 15:25 And he cried to the Lord , and the Lord showed him a log, and he threw it into the water, and the water became sweet. There the Lord made for them a statute and a rule, and there he tested them,

Ex 16:4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Behold, I am about to rain bread from heaven for you, and the people shall go out and gather a day’s portion every day, that I may test them, whether they will walk in my law or not.

Ex 17:2 Therefore the people quarreled with Moses and said, “Give us water to drink.” And Moses said to them, “Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you test the Lord ? ”

Ex 17:7 And he called the name of the place Massah and Meribah, because of the quarreling of the people of Israel, and because they tested the Lord by saying, “Is the Lord among us or not ?”

Ex 20:20 Moses said to the people, “Do not fear, for God has come to test you, that the fear of him may be before you, that you may not sin.”

Nu 14:22 none of the men who have seen my glory and my signs that I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and yet have put me to the test these ten times and have not obeyed my voice,

Dt 8:16 who fed you in the wilderness with manna that your fathers did not know, that he might humble you and test you, to do you good in the end.

Dt 13:3 you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams. For the Lord your God is testing you, to know whether you love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

Dt 33:8 And of Levi he said, “Give to Levi your Thummim, and your Urim to your godly one, whom you tested at Massah, with whom you quarreled at the waters of Meribah; etc.-
....and now you go into a lengthy explanation in an attempt to nullify a position I do not hold ....a point of view you have imagined I've made, to quote you, '"selling" me your brand-a bloodless gospel, a cross-less gospel.'

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
....and now you go into a lengthy explanation in an attempt to nullify a position I do not hold ....a point of view you have imagined I've made, to quote you, '"selling" me your brand-a bloodless gospel, a cross-less gospel.'
So why send me the video clip in the first place, I am making the assumption you do endorse it.
Who is peiradzo-ing who here?
Maybe you thought I was so gullible I would swallow it hook, line and sinker?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So why send me the video clip in the first place, I am making the assumption you do endorse it.
Who is peiradzo-ing who here?
Maybe you thought I was so gullible I would swallow it hook, line and sinker?
The operative principle if you have missed it is, Jesus is the final authority.
It appears to me you never heard the presentation and have just assumed an outcome.
....and are you desirous of solutions or are you desirous of being objectionable?