Walking In Faith By the Word of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Is it possible to miss the intent by majoring on the anatomy?
Who's majoring on the "anatomy?"
Yes, we are loved by our Father and the Lord Christ Jesus- and we are in love with our Father and our Lord Christ Jesus, who saved a wretch like me-are we not to be obedient to the Imperatives of our loving Abba?
What is the "intent" of these two verses, or the chapter?

Yes or no?

I am nothing brother-and hold myself accountable to one brother on this forum, not you.

Have a good day.
Johann.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who's majoring on the "anatomy?"
Yes, we are loved by our Father and the Lord Christ Jesus- and we are in love with our Father and our Lord Christ Jesus, who saved a wretch like me-are we not to be obedient to the Imperatives of our loving Abba?
What is the "intent" of these two verses, or the chapter?

Yes or no?

I am nothing brother-and hold myself accountable to one brother on this forum, not you.

Have a good day.
Johann.
Where is your emphasis Johann? Is it one of being right and that of self justification or is it one where others get a vision of something greater than themselves?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Consider where your underlying emphasis/ direction is.....in your above question.
A valid question, don't you think?

Ever read Matthew 25 and James?

Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Jas 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Jas 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

So, are you doing something, in ministerial work- As unto the Lord?

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A valid question, don't you think?

Ever read Matthew 25 and James?

Jas 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
Jas 1:23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
Jas 1:24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
Jas 1:25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Jas 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
Jas 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

Jas 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
Jas 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
Jas 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
Jas 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
Jas 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
Jas 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
Jas 2:24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
Jas 2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
Jas 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

So, are you doing something, in ministerial work- As unto the Lord?
I'm not asking you to prove anything Johann, and why your curiosity re my role?....is it relevant?
My comment is about emphasis....and in this conversation it is about yours. :)

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please see below:

Meanwhile,

You've continued to reply, so I know you want to seem to be answering, but you have not answered my so very simple questions.

Are you aware of the differences in these words, and, do you believe Romans 4 is true as written?

I've asked several times, and you continue to not answer.

Which really, that is an answer.

Much love!
Sorry you feel that way, because in my mind I'm providing you answers. You may not like the answers, but it's my answer....peace in Jesus mighty name.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry you feel that way, because in my mind I'm providing you answers. You may not like the answers, but it's my answer....peace in Jesus mighty name.
You've written paragraphs and pages, but have never addressed the Scripture and the question I've asked. To be sure, I haven't expected that you would, considering what that passage means towards what you say. This Scripture refutes your view, only, unless you don't really believe what it says.

Much love!

Reactions: Johann

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've written paragraphs and pages, but have never addressed the Scripture and the question I've asked. To be sure, I haven't expected that you would, considering what that passage means towards what you say. This Scripture refutes your view, only, unless you don't really believe what it says.

Much love!
I answer your question, even with a one word answer. Why can't you move forward in fellowshipping in the word of God. The Bible is from Genesis to Revelation, not staying stuck on Roman 4: 1-5. Time to move on. I agree with the verses, but it's more to understand, that you don't seem to.

Last edited:

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So when you walking in Faith brothers and Sisters, you doing the Lord's will, and what is the Lord's will. As it is written in Acts 26: 19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient unto the heavenly vision: 20 but shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judæa, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance.

So when you repent and turn to God, then you putting the evil away, the transgression (sin) away from you. Because we know that the wages of sin bring for death. And what is Sin? It's written in (1John 3:4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. Now we have just read the biblical definition of sin, the transgression (breaking) of the law (commandments.) The willful sins is what we have to put mostly in check, like Paul says in Hebrews 10: (v.26) For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins. Now do we understand what’s being said here? If you sin willfully after you have knowledge of what the truth is, no more animals are going to die for you. (v.27) But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Paul says in Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law. You wouldn’t know what sin was if there was no law. This law Paul is talking about is the Commandments written Exodus 20: 1-17, not the animal Sacrificial law.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm not one bit "curious" about you or your emphasis brother.
Then why ask me this?, 'So, are you doing something, in ministerial work- As unto the Lord?

Maybe you need to be curious about my emphasis. Have you ever wondered what Jesus emphasised? ....it might highlight your own my friend?

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Johann,
If your ears are itching; if you are looking for value, maybe you will listen to this guy's presentation; we could have something juicy and fruitful to talk about.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Then why ask me this?, 'So, are you doing something, in ministerial work- As unto the Lord?

Maybe you need to be curious about my emphasis. Have you ever wondered what Jesus emphasised? ....it might highlight your own my friend?

@Johann,
If your ears are itching; if you are looking for value, maybe you will listen to this guy's presentation; we could have something juicy and fruitful to talk about.
@quietthinker you don't know me, where I come from, and what I'm doing-if you want a "juicy and fruitful" to an "itching ear" discussion, let's talk.
That way, I'll come to "know" you, and you me.
Right?

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

Allow me to guess-you perceive a certain "lack of love" from me and "hiding" behind Scripture?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Allow me to guess-you perceive a certain "lack of love" from me and "hiding" behind Scripture?
Oh Johann, my perceptions of you are not the subject matter. The only thing that matters is what we do with Jesus.