Walking in love?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I just wanted to raise a question... And just see what people think.

As I was going through many of the active threads lately, I found myself scratching my head and wondering what was going on. I just had the impression that almost every argument was done without love, and was full of bitterness/pride.

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather we be honest and show our true colors. But I just feel it's important we question ourselves on this.

Are we walking in love? Where is the brotherly love and compassion for one another?

I just think we need to examine ourselves as to where we are spiritually and what we are operating by.

Blessings to you all, brothers and sisters :)

Hiroki

Aug 12, 2011
Indeed, some are convincing others that Jesus is God in a bad manner. I mean they use uninteresting words that making others go away instead of being convinced. This is written in 1 Peter 3:15 - "but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect" God bless you all.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Jesus is God Almighty, no matter what standard is used.

John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us ...

Hiroki

Aug 12, 2011
Jesus is God Almighty because He had revealed Himself in the Bible with good reason and evidences. However many have different perspective about God or Jesus. Some say, like Islam, that Jesus is not God. But truth is truth. It is absolute truth. No matter what we do, it will not change.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Jesus is God Almighty, no matter what standard is used.

John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us ...

And God is love.

We misrepresent him if we claim him but our character doesn't follow suit. That is what I am trying to point to.

Many honest people are disgusted with Christendom because we do not act like the Christ. It is a sad thing. The Bible even warns us about this... What are we building with? Gold and Silver, or wood, hay and stubble?

I am just trying to communicate that we need to examine ourselves. All, beceause we are all human, and see if we are walking in love.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
And God is love.

We misrepresent him if we claim him but our character doesn't follow suit. That is what I am trying to point to.

Many honest people are disgusted with Christendom because we do not act like the Christ. It is a sad thing. The Bible even warns us about this... What are we building with? Gold and Silver, or wood, hay and stubble?

I am just trying to communicate that we need to examine ourselves. All, beceause we are all human, and see if we are walking in love.
I'm not sure what your point is. God drowned everyone on earth but 8 making them an example. Where was His love?

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I'm not sure what your point is. God drowned everyone on earth but 8 making them an example. Where was His love?

He loves. He is patient. But he loves righteousness. There was none, other than those 8. God desired to build a people for himself, and it was time for judgment. It was necessary.

I do not have all the answers, but I know he had a reason and a purpose. There is a time for judgment (from God).

Only the Lord tells us to walk in love. He commands us to love as he has loved.

My point is just that I noticed that amongst ourselves, we tend to tear each other down, instead of walking in love, which edifies.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
My point is just that I noticed that amongst ourselves, we tend to tear each other down, instead of walking in love, which edifies.
When Satan attacks God's written Word there is always going to be 'trouble'. Those who defend His Word will be accused of being divisive, unloving and troublemakers.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I think what Prentis is saying is that we may stand firm in the truth of God's word, but still be loving to all. In fact, being loving to all will only reaffirm God's truth.

If we cannot be loving to one another...our own brothers and sisters in Christ, how can we be loving to those who are lost and blind?

[Be Ready for Every Good Work]
[3:1] Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work, [2] to speak evil of no one, to avoid quarrelling, to be gentle, and to show perfect courtesy toward all people. [3] For we ourselves were once foolish, disobedient, led astray, slaves to various passions and pleasures, passing our days in malice and envy, hated by others and hating one another. [4] But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, [5] he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, [6] whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, [7] so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. [8] The saying is trustworthy, and I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works. These things are excellent and profitable for people. [9] But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless. [10] As for a person who stirs up division, after warning him once and then twice, have nothing more to do with him, [11] knowing that such a person is warped and sinful; he is self-condemned.
(Titus 3:1-5; Titus 3:6-11 ESV)

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Thanks for contributing Rach! Yes, we are to love especially if we have God's truth.

Even more, if we do not love our brothers and sisters, and we claim to love God, we are liars.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
If we do not live by God's written Word then we do not love Him.

Matthew 4:4 (ESV)
4 But he answered, “It is written, “ ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’ ”

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
That word comes from the mouth of God, it is spoken! It is not ink and paper... It has power. It is living.

It can be recorded with ink on paper. But the power comes from God, and it is his speaking it that makes it alive.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Ducky...

I don't see it as God not loving the people who were caught in the flood... He warned the people... He set Noah in front of them building a giant boat which was an amazing display of faith in front of the people... then the people watched as animals were obedient to Noah and got on the boat... if I saw that going down I'd be like, "Let me on the boat... I'm sorry God... save me and my family!!!" ... but the people didn't repent... they mocked Noah... and they mocked the vessel of salvation... just as people today mock those who walk by faith and the Vessel of Salvation who is Christ.

So I don't see it as God not loving... I see it as people rejecting God's love shown through His warning, His example of faith in Noah, and the vessel of salvation and in doing so they condemned themselves...

That to me just shows God's love and man condemning themselves when they reject His love and Salvation...

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
That word comes from the mouth of God, it is spoken! It is not ink and paper... It has power. It is living.

It can be recorded with ink on paper. But the power comes from God, and it is his speaking it that makes it alive.
The written Word is not God's Word to be followed??? You aren't getting that from the Bible nor God's Spirit.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
It's just the Lord in the midst of us who are gathered in His name... I had never even thought about that before... He just gave the explanation... all glory to Him...

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
The written Word is not God's Word to be followed??? You aren't getting that from the Bible nor God's Spirit.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (1 Tim. 3:16).

In all these things it is usefull. But Christ says 'Follow ME'.

These two things I got from the Bible ;)

It's just the Lord in the midst of us who are gathered in His name... I had never even thought about that before... He just gave the explanation... all glory to Him...

Wait, I didn't follow that, can you help me? :)

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (1 Tim. 3:16).

In all these things it is usefull. But Christ says 'Follow ME'.

These two things I got from the Bible ;)
Obedience to His written Word is not optional. It is mandatory.