Walking in the Spirit

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply put . . . if you realize you are sinning . . . stop, and return to works of righteousness. If we let our minds get all tangled up with condemnation over it, that just keeps us from coming back into "our walk is by faith, not sight".

Much love!
The Spirit called HOLY is truly with the lambs . And it sure will convict us of sin and error . As well as GOD will use
men to correct those in error . The Spirit rings bells of alarm when sin enters in the mind .
And if one does err , repent of it asap quick . Yes indeed .
The early church used spiritual weapons to both exhort and correct .
For the LORD knows how to guard over and protect the flock . JESUS looks out for the sheep .
LET US HEED HIS VOICE , THE SPIRIT and not the flesh . THE LORD knows how to keep us safe .
And those who are spiritual have a duty of great love to care for the flock .
The only pattern that works is the SPIRITUAL pattern , set not by men , but given by GOD .
The biblical pattern , WAS INSPIRED BY GOD , BY CHRIST , BY THE SPIRIT .
THOSE truly were seasoned men who by grace KNEW how to keep the church safe .
This is why i often plead for all to return to bibles and learn them well . Get that PATTERN engrained .
For GOD knows what is best and works best for the church .
Mark , ITS LORD PRAISING TIME AGAIN in the building . To HE we owe all . Let all praise and thank HIM .
And heed HIS SPIRIT , HEED the lovely spirit inspired words in that bible . THE LORD is with the lambs .
Test all men , all spirits , for many deceivers do abound . Any Spirit that contradicts
what CHRIST or the first men taught , is a spirit no man should follow . And do beware
because these men , these spirits can make it seem so right and loving to do so , but they LIE .
FEAST upon the pure and holy words in the bible and be always in prayer , growing in grace and following the Great shepard .

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we receive the Holy Spirit in our regeneration. But we don't necessarily live according.

:IDK:

“Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

“They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.” (Titus 1:16)

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“…be careful to maintain good works…” (Titus 3:8)
Another great example of SPIRIT INSPIRED WORDS . THERE is a reason the SPIRIT had men like paul and others
write such things . FOR GOD KNOWS HOW TO KEEP the CHURCH SAFE and THRIVING .
WE should HEED ALL THINGS they wrote . THE SPIRIT moved upon them .
The COMFORTER , CHRIST moved these men to speak , to do and to write and to record these letters for all generations .
Yes indeed my friend . The sad thing is many have learned something which they often call legalism .
But under that guise it took away the very ammo of truth that could truly have helped them and built them up .
WE must heed those words . Many can say OH I HEED the SPIRIT
and yet the very spirit they claim to be heeding is coming through men who teach contrary to SPIRIT INSPIRED WORDS OF TRUTH .
THUS that shows they are not heeding the SPIRIT at all , but rather the flesh and are being seducing into another path .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

“Know you not, that to whom you yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants you are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?” (Romans 6:16)

“They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.” (Titus 1:16)
Just look at those HOLY SPIRIT inspired words . What great reminders to help us . What great truth
to sharpen us up . He who comes to me and does not my sayings is like a man without A FOUNDATION .
OH yes . ITS so good to remind with all the LOVELY WORDS of truth .
Peter told simeon TRUTH through gravity and it actually worked . simeon repented , had fear and asked peter
to pray for him . TRUTH works . but lies DECIEVE .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 6:11-16 KJV
11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
13) Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
14) For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
15) What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16) Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Having been told that to be baptized into Jesus is to be baptized into His death, we are thereby admonished to yield ourselves unto God, as those who are alive from among the dead ones. We are told to yield, which means we are admonished to make a deliberate choice.

We are those who are alive, from all the others who are dead. And we are admonished to live like it.

For myself, it's in this very truth that I find the power to do so.

If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Understanding that I'm dead to sin and alive to God, trusting that is true is what enables my faith to walk in His Spirit.

Much love!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both "walking in the Spirit" and "the fruit of the Spirit" are mystical concepts that cannot simply be reduced to accepting God's Word by faith and applying it to our lives. The 9-fold fruit of the Spirit are not simply the result of faithful striving to obey; they are imparted when one walks in the Spirit. In Galatians 5 "walking in the Spirit" is used interchangeably with being "led by the Spirit" and "living in the Spirit." So walking in the Spirit is a Spirit-directed life and, in that sense, it is a necessary condition for "praying in the Spirit" (Ephesians 5:18: Jude 20) or Spirit-directed prayer.

What this jargon means in practice is hard to explain and needs to be illustrated from personal experience. I will provide 2 such examples in my next planned post. Then in a future post I will testify to how I learned to pray in the Spirit.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It's psuches and pnuema, soul and spirit, definately not having to do with exorcism. The simplest way for you to confirm this would be a word study using a concordance for both these words.

Much love!
Which brings up another question--the "I" have been crucified with Christ, does it include the psuches Bios/anima/ psyche/ or zoe?

A link on the Imperatives--if you are interested brother

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I'm as big on salvation by faith alone, as anyone, I think! Even so . . . when I decided to become a Christian, I accepted my sister's invitation to be baptized with her, my first act of obedience to my new Lord. And while I don't believe we are saved through water baptism, I think that was the moment I was reborn, as I demonstrated my decision to believe.

Much love!
Thank you for clarifying water baptism--an act of obedience.

Nhisname

Dec 6, 2022
Joplin
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This has an uncomfortable ring of legalism. We invite the Spirit into our lives (once) when we accept Jesus Christ as our Savior. The above list is salvation by works.
What about Faith without works is dead? The Spirit produces fruit that we use with our walk, doing so we serve God. Is that legalism or works as you say? If we think doing good works will get us into Heaven on our own merits that's different.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about Faith without works is dead? The Spirit produces fruit that we use with our walk, doing so we serve God. Is that legalism or works as you say? If we think doing good works will get us into Heaven on our own merits that's different.
Some leave out verse 10 from the context of Ephesians 2:8-9. We were saved by grace through faith with Gods purpose for good works and that we should walk in them, practice them. These are 2 sides of the same coin. Real faith produces fruit, good works. Faith without them as James says is a dead faith and not a living abiding faith in the vine.

Reactions: Nhisname

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
What about Faith without works is dead?

James says that he'll show PEOPLE his faith by His works.
But he would show you His Salvation, not by His works, but by His Savior's Cross.

"dead faith", is not dead salvation.

Faith, is not the savior.
God is the Savior, through your faith that He accepted ONE TIME.......and that one time, is when you were born again.

Being born again is the only proof you are saved and that is because GOD caused that to happen to you.

Not water, and not works.

Reactions: marks