"WARN MY PEOPLE ABOUT THE LAKE OF FIRE"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
What? You don't believe in the Bible as the word of God? You don't believe that God can have His word preserved for us?

So what do you believe is correct beliefs from God? Do you believe what your pastors and teachers tell you is the Truth? If you do, then you are just believing man's commands, and you are worshiping God in vain.

Well first of all thank you for asking what I believe some would just rather assume that they already know what I believe.
smile.gif

I believe the bible is a compilation of canonized books and letters known as scripture. I believe that there are several good translations from the different text types but that none of them (bibles) are perfect and free from the bias of religious paradigm and undertones.

I do believe that God has preserved His Word in us. Hebrews 10:16

I also believe that many today make the same mistake the pharisees made in Jesus' day. John 5:36-40

I believe that the scriptures are very clear in instructing everyone to be led by HolySpirit. Romans 8:14, Galatians 5:16-18 , Rev. 2:7, 2:11, 2:17, 2:29, 3:6, 3:13, 3:22.

I believe that the scriptures testify of Jesus the Christ being the Word of God. John 1:1, 1:14

I believe that the bible is a textbook but it is not the teacher. 2Tim. 3:16

On a side note, I stopped participating in religious liturgy some years back, so what I believe is not a result someone's pulpit or television ministry. My beliefs are a result of what I believe Father has spoken to me directly and shown me through the aid of scripture and life experiences.
smile.gif

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
My replies to jigglyfly in blue.
Well first of all thank you for asking what I believe some would just rather assume that they already know what I believe.
smile.gif

Thank you for the thanks.

I believe the bible is a compilation of canonized books and letters known as scripture. I believe that there are several good translations from the different text types but that none of them (bibles) are perfect and free from the bias of religious paradigm and undertones.

I do know what you mean about the bias and undertones, but then you can get another Bible written by a bigger selection of translators. For instance, the ESV is written by Reformers, so I sense Calvinism when I read that Bible, but more because of knowing about their religion than believing they actually change parts of the Bible.

Really your beliefs that there is bias in translations---that is no excuse to deliberately pick and choose what you want to believe or go against in the Bible. You would be doing just as bad or worse than the translators you believe have translated in a bias manner.
No matter what undertones you are feeling from the translation you use---it isn't enough to make new, or different, nor contrary doctrines. What you are doing is picking and choosing what you want to believe.

Now you say that you believe God has preserved His Word for us? You just contradict what you said earlier, in this post and previous post.

I also believe that many today make the same mistake the pharisees made in Jesus' day. John 5:36-40

Do you mean "many today who believe and obey the Bible are like the pharisees?" I think it is wrong when Christians accuse other Christians are Pharisees for obeying what Jesus says. Pharisees didn't believe in Jesus, and they followed man made commands, making the word of God null, much like your religion does. So, you are guilty of what you accuse others of.

I believe that the scriptures are very clear in instructing everyone to be led by HolySpirit. Romans 8:14, Galatians 5:16-18 , Rev. 2:7, 2:11, 2:17, 2:29, 3:6, 3:13, 3:22.
You use scripture to try to say people can change scripture.

I believe that the scriptures testify of Jesus the Christ being the Word of God. John 1:1, 1:14
What you say here what you believe....it contradicts what you said when you defended not believing God's Word about speaking in tongues and prophecies.

I believe that the bible is a textbook but it is not the teacher. 2Tim. 3:16
You wouldn't know what to believe for sure about Jesus, if you didn't read it in the Bible!

On a side note, I stopped participating in religious liturgy some years back, so what I believe is not a result someone's pulpit or television ministry. My beliefs are a result of what I believe Father has spoken to me directly and shown me through the aid of scripture and life experiences.
smile.gif

Still, can't add or subtract from the Word of God in the Bible, without being guilty of subtracting or adding from the Word of God in the Bible.

paul1234

Jan 20, 2011
england
Jesus says," Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you...I believe we can know for sure though, that these people that Jesus says he never knew.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

jesus says i will tell them plainly i never knew you

jesus did no them BUT some people like to sin they never gave it up 100% they get cast out.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Anastacia, you should try using the multi quote tool it would make your posts easier to respond to.
You need to go back and re-read my post. Your misunderstanding it, if you see a contradiction.
I said;

Notice that I said "in" and not "for".

I will give an the opportunity to review and edit your post of all the accusations you made.
smile.gif

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Anastacia, you should try using the multi quote tool it would make your posts easier to respond to.
You need to go back and re-read my post. Your misunderstanding it, if you see a contradiction.
I said;
[font="tahoma] [/font][/color]
[color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma] [/font][/color]
[color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma][size="2"]Notice that I said "in" and not "for".[/size][/font]

[font="tahoma] [/font][/color]
[color="#5d5d5d"][font="tahoma][size="2"]I will give an the opportunity to review and edit your post of all the accusations you made.[/size][/font]
smile.gif

I can't get the multi quote tool to work. Sorry that you have a hard time responding.

With your explaining that you said "in" and not "for"---that proves even more so easily that you do not believe the Bible is trustworthy as the Word of God preserved for believers. That's the point any way that I was trying to get you to understand.
With you making little correction in what you said, it's only an attempt to strain out a gnat, while you swallow a camel.
Again, you do not believe the Bible is trustworthy as the Word of God preserved for believers. You choose to believe man made commands, which nullifies the Word of God.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I can't get the multi quote tool to work. Sorry that you have a hard time responding.

With your explaining that you said "in" and not "for"---that proves even more so easily that you do not believe the Bible is trustworthy as the Word of God preserved for believers. That's the point any way that I was trying to get you to understand.
With you making little correction in what you said, it's only an attempt to strain out a gnat, while you swallow a camel.
Again, you do not believe the Bible is trustworthy as the Word of God preserved for believers. You choose to believe man made commands, which nullifies the Word of God.

No again you misunderstand what I said. Which bible do you believe God has preserved for believers?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
No again you misunderstand what I said. Which bible do you believe God has preserved for believers?

I know what you are getting at. You are going to say next that you believe the "original" writings are the only preserved writings.
You have Bible translations given to you in your language. Like I said before, even if there are some differences in words through out the different translations---the differences are not so much so that they make new and different doctrines.
You make excuses why you don't want to believe the Word of God about speaking in tongues and prophecies.
You disregard what you read in your English translated Bible for things knowingly taught by men. That therefore nullifies the Word of God, so that you can follow man made commands.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
When it comes to the spiritual gift of speaking in tongues and the gift of prophecy you are the one who cannot provide scripture on when they ceased,so who is following man's teaching?

Care to elaborate?

The Bible says not to add or subtract to the Word of God. Jiggyfly, you say prophecies have not stopped. So do you have new prophecies to add to the Bible or not? You see, there are no new prophecies, because prophecies have ceased, just like the Bible says they would in 1 Corinthians 13:8. If you or anyone says they have new prophecies---no Bible believer will accept it as the Word of God if it is not in the Bible.
So when did prophecies cease? You can't see that no one is supposed to add extra writings to the Holy Bible?

This observation I've made about nowadays tongue speakers: they do not speak supernaturally, like those in the New Testament, but nowadays tongue speakers believe that God is turning their babbling into a real tongue speaking. That is not biblical. The tongue speaking from the believers in the New Testament spoke in tongues supernaturally, and they could be understood by hearers of other earthly languages.

Jiggyfly, do you believe like rockytopva that those who are really baptized in the Holy Spirit will all speak in tongues? If you do believe like rockytopva...then I have shown you scriptures that your beliefs are false. If you believe like rockytopva that all those who are really baptized with the Holy Spirit will speak in tongues---then you are saying that thousands and thousands of true believers who are baptized in the Holy Spirit are not really since they don't speak in tongues. Again, that is not biblical, and is against the Word of God.
If you don't believe like rockytopva, then why don't you correct him?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With Anastacia's about post, let's get back on track in the topic. Try to keep it relevant to the OP; if cessation becomes the primary topic, it might be time for a new thread. ;)