Warning from evilness!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

PetriFB

Jul 6, 2006
http://koti.phnet.fi/petripaavola/HarryPotterbooks.htmlThis writing deal with Harry Potter books, last days apostasy, witchcraft, evil spirits deception and God's salvation in Jesus Christ.In this writing are handled very serious issues. You who care about your neighbours, your kids, your parents, forward this writing as warning and as a message that they can be saved in Jesus Christ!

Sasha

Jul 27, 2008
That is why God has given us dominion over the earth, and authority over satan and all his power. (demons) As Christians we need to believe and learn how to use this power of the Holy Spirit to take authority, in the name of Jesus Christ.Whatever is bound on earth will be bound in heaven, whatever is loosed on earth is loosed in heaven. We have got the kingdom of heaven backing us up. The Holy Spirit is the power, Jesus Christ is the authority, and the angels in heaven will do the fighting. But, we are the body of Christ and we must allow God to operate these things through us. We have to take responsibility for something. Greater is He who is in us then he who is in the world.

Prizm

Nov 1, 2008
I think that link is about 8 years too late
smile.gif
(or however long it's been since the first Harry Potter book)But yes, I remember opening up a random page of a Harry Potter novel in a book store, and seeing about 4 occult terms (such as numerology) on a single 2-page spread.

PetriFB

Jul 6, 2006
(Prizm;62803)
I think that link is about 8 years too late
smile.gif
(or however long it's been since the first Harry Potter book)But yes, I remember opening up a random page of a Harry Potter novel in a book store, and seeing about 4 occult terms (such as numerology) on a single 2-page spread.
Remember that new generations learn to read every year! So, if you think by that aspect, it is not late completely!May God bless you!

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
I don't think Harry Potter is evil, its just bad literature in general.I read the first book when I was a kid and I never got interested in it. I have a few friends that are still obsessed with the stupid book series. I just tell them that they have bad taste in literature. However I don't think it will damn someone's soul.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Byron-AW;62836)
I don't think Harry Potter is evil, its just bad literature in general.I read the first book when I was a kid and I never got interested in it. I have a few friends that are still obsessed with the stupid book series. I just tell them that they have bad taste in literature. However I don't think it will damn someone's soul.
I read 6 out of 7 books before I came a Christian. Harry Potter is mainly about teaching people wizard and witchcraft since the plot mostly is done in the wizard and witchcraft school. And as God says, Witchcraft it is abomination to Him.

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
(Jordan;62838)
I read 6 out of 7 books before I came a Christian. Harry Potter is mainly about teaching people wizard and witchcraft since the plot mostly is done in the wizard and witchcraft school. And as God says, Witchcraft it is abomination to Him.
Its a reading for entertainment. Very few(probably insane) people will actually think they will learn witchcraft from the book.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Byron-AW;62841)
(Jordan;62838)
Its a reading for entertainment. Very few(probably insane) people will actually think they will learn witchcraft from the book.Hey, if you believe that, your choice. But it still brings danger to one's soul.

Prizm

Nov 1, 2008
(Byron-AW;62841)
Its a reading for entertainment. Very few(probably insane) people will actually think they will learn witchcraft from the book.
It's not whether they learn anything. It's the incessant promotion of something God hates. Having a personal relationship with Christ, I just don't have the desire to indulge in things that are blatantly anti-Christian.As an aside, I guarantee these books have sparked an interest in witchcraft for many young people. Spiritually, they're not just harmless entertainment.

PetriFB

Jul 6, 2006
J.K. Rowling has said that she doesn't promote witchcraft in Harry Potter books. J.K. Rowling has also said that she doesn’t believe in witchcraft “in the sense” how critics say, and that she doesn’t “believe in magic in the way” how she has described magic in her books. Does she believe then witchcraft and magic in other ways and why she has very accurately written about witchcraft and magic? It seems that she knows very much about those things. J.K. Rowling has also said that she has researched mythology, folklore and occult beliefs (pagan religions, celtic religions, druids religions, witchcraft, and satanism) in order to write her books. She knows also that majority of the spells, which are used in her Harry Potter books are used in real life, in witchcraft and occultism. It is very obvious that she knows what she has been doing as writing her books. J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books are stories about evil, not about good things. Those books are not harmless fiction, but tell for real evil witchcraft with magic spells and other evil things. Rowling has not written Harry Potter books merely by using fiction, but has used precise and accurate knowledge of occultism and her Potter books are not thus only a fiction, but based also to real evil.J.K. Rowling has said that she is a Christian, and that she believes to God. Why Christian who believe in God write books, which emphasize witchcraft and sorcery and occultism? I think that she thinks that she believes, but actually she doesn't believe as it has been written in the Bible. Because he/she who really believe to God and the Bible don't write a book saying that there is good and bad witches, because the Bible say that all witches are evil. J.K. Rowling says in her books that Harry's witchcraft is good and this one statement alone is enough to prove that Harry Potter books are evil. Of course there is also much more evil in those books. All books which promote witchcraft and don't say that it is evil are evil books. There is no matter is author Christian or not, if he/she writes such books. The Bible says that all witchcraft and sorcery are evil, and so we have to believe as Christians.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Prizm;62941)
(Byron-AW;62841)
It's not whether they learn anything. It's the incessant promotion of something God hates. Having a personal relationship with Christ, I just don't have the desire to indulge in things that are blatantly anti-Christian.As an aside, I guarantee these books have sparked an interest in witchcraft for many young people. Spiritually, they're not just harmless entertainment.You're right, they are not harmless. I'll say it again, it brings danger to one's soul. Wow, people these days will justify themselves however they feel like it and that's sad.

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
(Jordan;62956)
You're right, they are not harmless. I'll say it again, it brings danger to one's soul. Wow, people these days will justify themselves however they feel like it and that's sad.
Hey like I said, I don't read the books. I just think they are flat out stupid.However I believe trying to compare a fictional novel to an actually book of witchcraft or demonic powers, which I do believe would damn your soul by just reading the words, is rather absurd.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Byron-AW;62966)
(Jordan;62956)
You're right, they are not harmless. I'll say it again, it brings danger to one's soul. Wow, people these days will justify themselves however they feel like it and that's sad.
Hey like I said, I don't read the books. I just think they are flat out stupid.However I believe trying to compare a fictional novel to an actually book of witchcraft or demonic powers, which I do believe would damn your soul by just reading the words, is rather absurd.Guess you didn't understand what I said. I said it can damage to one's soul.

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
(Jordan;62969)
Guess you didn't understand what I said. I said it can damage to one's soul.
Maybe you didn't understand what I said. It is a common fictional novel. One must be insane to take the words of the book literally and think they can preform witchcraft.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Byron-AW;62993)
(Jordan;62969)
Guess you didn't understand what I said. I said it can damage to one's soul.
Maybe you didn't understand what I said. It is a common fictional novel. One must be insane to take the words of the book literally and think they can preform witchcraft.Maybe you should understand what God hates.

Byron-AW

Oct 22, 2008
(Jordan;62995)
Maybe you should understand what God hates.
God hates murder too. What if I were to read a novel about a serial killer. Would that damn my soul?You argument doesn't make sense in the fact that God may hate witchcraft but if we are not practicing it, then I see no problem or sin caused.

ActionJackson

Oct 31, 2008
(Byron-AW;62836)
I don't think Harry Potter is evil, its just bad literature in general. I read the first book when I was a kid and I never got interested in it. I have a few friends that are still obsessed with the stupid book series. I just tell them that they have bad taste in literature. However I don't think it will damn someone's soul.
Out of curiosity...are you a Christian? Certainly if you've read the Bible and have even a surface understanding of God's Word you know that playing with magic and witchcraft is evil (good literature or not). Some people don't consider the Bible to be good literature but there is certainly power in the words found within. If Harry Potter can sway the mind of a child reading it and cause that child to consider the world of witchcraft then the book is most certainly evil.

ActionJackson

Oct 31, 2008
(Byron-AW;63061)
God hates murder too. What if I were to read a novel about a serial killer. Would that damn my soul? You argument doesn't make sense in the fact that God may hate witchcraft but if we are not practicing it, then I see no problem or sin caused.
First of all, I don't necessarily believe that reading a book on serial killers will damn your soul. Secondly, there's a difference between an adult who's wearing the full armor of Jesus Christ reading a book about murderers (non-fiction) and a child who's still very impressionable and vulnerable reading a book about witchcraft, sorcery, and the spirit world (fiction). I do believe that even adults should be very careful what they read. I have read books about serial killers and it had negative affects on my soul. I have chosen not to read those sorts of books anymore because I care not to know what lurks in the minds of evil men. That sort of reading is not edifying.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(ActionJackson;63068)
(Byron-AW;63061)
God hates murder too. What if I were to read a novel about a serial killer. Would that damn my soul?You argument doesn't make sense in the fact that God may hate witchcraft but if we are not practicing it, then I see no problem or sin caused.
First of all, I don't necessarily believe that reading a book on serial killers will damn your soul. Secondly, there's a difference between an adult who's wearing the full armor of Jesus Christ reading a book about murderers (non-fiction) and a child who's still very impressionable and vulnerable reading a book about witchcraft, sorcery, and the spirit world (fiction). I do believe that even adults should be very careful what they read. I have read books about serial killers and it had negative affects on my soul. I have chosen not to read those sorts of books anymore because I care not to know what lurks in the minds of evil men. That sort of reading is not edifying.Amen Action Jackson!