Was Adam Imparted Free Will From The Beginning Of Creation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"not willingly" is a contrast. it indicates that "willingly" exists.

I have been writing about man not being imparted a free-will based upon scripture containing no such impartation.

By the way, "not willingly" does not indicate that "willingly" exists, rather "not willingly" only indicates that "not willingly" exists; therefore, you are adding "willingly" to the scripture in Romans 8:20.

The Apostle Paul wrote of man's will and man's work as the work of God in man with "it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for [His] good pleasure" (Philippians 2:13), so with Paul I say man does have a will (noun).

THE APOSTLE PAUL CONVEYED THAT MAN HAS A BOND-WILL, NOT A FREE-WILL, BUT A BOND-WILL IN PHILIPPIANS 2:13!

Largely, I use free-will to mean man choosing toward God, emphatically Lord Jesus Christ.

There is no level that a person can choose Lord Jesus because He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) - Jesus, being God, did not provide any exception for choosing toward Jesus. Lord Jesus speaks to all believers in all time because He also said "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word" (John 17:20)! All these words of Jesus are at the same supper! All glory is God's! With man, salvation is impossible (Matthew 19:25-26)! All glory in the salvation of man is God's (John 15:5, Isaiah 42:8, Psalm 3:8)!

You think your word is so very important that you dictate to God as you add to and subtract from scripture.

Still, no free will written in the creation account (Genesis 1:1-31 Genesis 2:1- 25 Genesis 3:1-24), with Paul in accord for he conveyed that Adam "not willingly" ate of the tree since Paul included all time prior to Paul's birth by his writing "until now" (Romans 8:20-22).

Just as the original post shows richly in scripture, Adam was not imparted free will, and no man thereafter was imparted free will neither.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"not willingly" does not indicate that "willingly" exists, rather "not willingly" only indicates that "not willingly" exists

false.

it confirms the existence of "will"

if i say "this is not wet" it is absolute nonsense if there is no such thing as "wet"

you're a big mess, dude.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one looks at the content of your posts , one will easily see that it is filled with accusations of adding and subtracting.

The accusations are true, and I carefully provide scripture detailing the evil of adding to and/or subtracting from scripture.

And your argument seems to only be that on whether there is the word “choice” or there is none such as stated below.

<<<The word "choose" is not in 'and commanded YHWH God to the man, saying "Of every tree in the garden to eat you will be eating, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, not eating from, when in the day you are to eat of it to die you will be dying"' (Genesis 2:16-17), >>>

So? There are many commandments where the word “choose” isn’t there. Like in the ten commandments. With your line of reasoning, keeping them or not keeping them isn’t a choice, right? So the conclusion? No free will.

Not quite.

A command does not impart ability unless explicitly enunciated.

No scripture states man has a free-will.

Two different things, and the first is not prerequisite for the second.

<<<You guess wrong about "will" for Lord Jesus prayed "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done" (Luke 22:42).>>>

So, it seems you at least think that Jesus have a will. But with your line of reasoning perhaps, His will is not about making choices, right? For the word “choice” is not there nor it is free will because the word “free” is not there either.

With regards Adam not willingly eat of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, with your line of reasoning, and with the reference scriptures you cited, the word “eat” is not in Romans 8:20-22, nor is the name of “Adam” mentioned that. With your line of concluding, you have added to the passage those words, right?

Tong
R3867

To this I answer: no.

In Romans 8:20-22, Paul covers all space/geography/persons/places/things (essentially nouns) which God created/made with the words "the whole creation", so "Adam" is included by Paul.

In Romans 8:20-22, Paul covers all actions/events (essentially verbs) among all that God created/made with the words "until now", so "eat" is included by Paul.

Still, no free will written in the creation account (Genesis 1:1-31 Genesis 2:1- 25 Genesis 3:1-24), with Paul in accord for he conveyed that Adam "not willingly" ate of the tree since Paul included all time prior to Paul's birth by his writing "until now" (Romans 8:20-22).

Just as the original post shows richly in scripture, Adam was not imparted free will, and no man thereafter was imparted free will neither.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is ABSOLUTE BALONEY.

LEVITICUS 22: FREEWILL OFFERINGS ACCEPTED
18 Speak unto Aaron, and to his sons, and unto all the children of Israel, and say unto them, Whatsoever he be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers in Israel, that will offer his oblation for all his vows, and for all his freewill offerings, which they will offer unto the LORD for a burnt offering;
21 And whosoever offereth a sacrifice of peace offerings unto the LORD to accomplish
his vow, or a freewill offering in beeves or sheep, it shall be perfect to be accepted; there shall be no blemish therein.
23 Either a bullock or a lamb that hath any thing superfluous or lacking in his parts, that mayest thou offer
for a freewill offering; but for a vow it shall not be accepted.

These things ye shall do unto the LORD in your set feasts, beside your vows, and your freewill offerings, for your burnt offerings, and for your meat offerings, and for your drink offerings, and for your peace offerings. (Num 29:39)
And thither ye shall bring your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, and your tithes, and heave offerings of your hand, and your vows, and your freewill offerings, and the firstlings of your herds and of your flocks: (Deut 12:6)
Thou mayest not eat within thy gates the tithe of thy corn, or of thy wine, or of thy oil, or the firstlings of thy herds or of thy flock, nor any of thy vows which thou vowest, nor thy freewill offerings, or heave offering of thine hand: (Deut 12:17)

There are several more passages which speak of freewill offerings. And in Ezra 7:12,13, Artaxerxes includes "freewill" in his decree: Artaxerxes, king of kings, unto Ezra the priest, a scribe of the law of the God of heaven, perfect peace, and at such a time. I make a decree, that all they of the people of Israel, and of his priests and Levites, in my realm, which are minded of their own freewill to go up to Jerusalem, go with thee.

The Hebrew word נְדַב nᵉdab means to volunteer or to offer freely. How would the Jews under Artaxerxes volunteer to go of their own free will to Jerusalem if there was no free will for them to exercise? And how would the Israelites offer freewill offerings if they could not offer freely by deliberate choice?

This whole argument that there is no free will is not only absurd but contrary to Scripture. How could Joshua tell the Israelites to choose whom they would serve if there was no free will to make that choice? So not only is this teaching dangerous but it also perverts the Gospel of Christ (Mark 16:15,16).

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
If one looks at the content of your posts , one will easily see that it is filled with accusations of adding and subtracting.
The accusations are true, and I carefully provide scripture detailing the evil of adding to and/or subtracting from scripture.
If they were, then you would be guilty of that too.

Tong2020 said:
And your argument seems to only be that on whether there is the word “choice” or there is none such as stated below.

<<<The word "choose" is not in 'and commanded YHWH God to the man, saying "Of every tree in the garden to eat you will be eating, but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, not eating from, when in the day you are to eat of it to die you will be dying"' (Genesis 2:16-17), >>>

So? There are many commandments where the word “choose” isn’t there. Like in the ten commandments. With your line of reasoning, keeping them or not keeping them isn’t a choice, right? So the conclusion? No free will.
Not quite.

A command does not impart ability unless explicitly enunciated.

Two different things, and the first is not prerequisite for the second.

<<<A command does not impart ability unless explicitly enunciated.>>>

Perhaps. However, that was evidently not the case with God’s command to Adam nor did Adam not have the ability to obey the command.

<<<No scripture states man has a free-will.>>>

And no scriptures states man has not a free will either.

And no scriptures states that man has not the ability or has the ability to obey a command of God.

Tong2020 said:
<<<You guess wrong about "will" for Lord Jesus prayed "Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done" (Luke 22:42).>>>

So, it seems you at least think that Jesus have a will. But with your line of reasoning perhaps, His will is not about making choices, right? For the word “choice” is not there nor it is free will because the word “free” is not there either.

With regards Adam not willingly eat of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, with your line of reasoning, and with the reference scriptures you cited, the word “eat” is not in Romans 8:20-22, nor is the name of “Adam” mentioned that. With your line of concluding, you have added to the passage those words, right?
To this I answer: no.

In Romans 8:20-22, Paul covers all space/geography/persons/places/things (essentially nouns) which God created/made with the words "the whole creation", so "Adam" is included by Paul.

In Romans 8:20-22, Paul covers all actions/events (essentially verbs) among all that God created/made with the words "until now", so "eat" is included by Paul.

Your own line of reasoning with the Genesis 2 passage refutes your take of Romans 8:20-22. There is not the words “Adam”, and “eat” found there as you would reason out the word “choice” is not in the Genesis 2 passage. There is the error of such reasoning and error of inconsistency. Not to mention that your take of Romans 8;20-22 is out of context.

Tong
R3885

Last edited:

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently, you do not know my belief because I wrote that you do just as the Apostle Paul wrote with "You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?" (Romans 9:19).
That's not Paul talking!
"ONE OF YOU WILL SAY TO ME."
The one asking the question"who resists his will" isn't Paul... It's the one Paul is arguing with.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Thank you for replying.

So you would say salvation is God's choice and not a choice we make?
"Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent." (John 6.29)

"All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out." (John 6.37)

"But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father." (John 6.64-65)

Reactions: Kermos

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is " you" here?

The "you" in Romans 9:19-20 is the person who rejects God by way of rejecting God's exclusive control of man's salvation; in other words, the "you" is the person that claims man has a free will.

Paul doesn't say we can not resist God, you do!

You changed Paul's writing. Paul specifically wrote:

You will say to me then, “Why does He still find fault? For who resists His will?” (Romans 9:19)

Behold you subtracted "will".

Do not forget that it is written that no purpose of God's can be thwarted (Job 42:2), so scripture reveals that man cannot resist God's will, and Paul knows scripture.

Notice the "you" questioning why God still finds fault. Paul conveys that the "you" asks the fault question in a mocking manner, and the subsequent question about God's will continues with the "you" mocking God who is entirely in control of man's salvation according to Paul (Ephesians 2:8-10 for example).

The "you" mocking is certain because immediately after the question about God's will, Paul wrote:

On the contrary, who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, “Why did you make me like this,” will it? (Romans 9:20)

See the "On the contrary" which is indicative that the following statement of Paul refutes the mocking questions of the "you" about fault and about God's will (in Romans 9:19).

Paul continues immediately after "On the contrary" in Romans 9:20 showing that the thing molded cannot resist the will of the Molder.

The thing molded represents the "you".

The Molder represents God.

IN TRUTH, PAUL CONVEYS THAT MAN CANNOT RESIST GOD'S WILL (ROMANS 9:19-20)!

Paul says we can answer back to God.
You say we can't.

Have I written to you previously that you do similar to “Why did you make me like this" (Romans 9:20)? Why, yes, I have.

You are the kind of person Paul was talking about!
The kind who twists what God has said into fatalism.

Paul wrote:

There is no injustice with God, is there? May it never be! (Romans 9:14)

The fatalist is the person who does death by adding to and/or subtracting from Scripture.

You have been shown to do so in this very post.

I have not.

Behold the parallel of the "you" (in Romans 9:19-20) to you @Renniks based upon the content of your post to which I am replying.

Last edited:

Iconoclast

Jul 27, 2021
Hoschton Ga.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
from the 1689 confession of faith
Chapter 9: Of Free Will

1._____ God hath endued the will of man with that natural liberty and power of acting upon choice, that it is neither forced, nor by any necessity of nature determined to do good or evil.
( Matthew 17:12; James 1:14; Deuteronomy 30:19 )
2._____ Man, in his state of innocency, had freedom and power to will and to do that which was good and well-pleasing to God, but yet was unstable, so that he might fall from it.
( Ecclesiastes 7:29; Genesis 3:6 )

3._____ Man, by his fall into a state of sin, hath wholly lost all ability of will to any spiritual good accompanying salvation; so as a natural man, being altogether averse from that good, and dead in sin, is not able by his own strength to convert himself, or to prepare himself thereunto.
( Romans 5:6; Romans 8:7; Ephesians 2:1, 5; Titus 3:3-5; John 6:44 )

4._____ When God converts a sinner, and translates him into the state of grace, he freeth him from his natural bondage under sin, and by his grace alone enables him freely to will and to do that which is spiritually good; yet so as that by reason of his remaining corruptions, he doth not perfectly, nor only will, that which is good, but doth also will that which is evil.
( Colossians 1:13; John 8:36; Philippians 2:13; Romans 7:15, 18, 19, 21, 23 )

5._____ This will of man is made perfectly and immutably free to good alone in the state of glory only.
( Ephesians 4:13 )

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Word of God is life (John 14:6).

Four for more posts on page 28 (just like this post shows you did the same on page 23) filled with the word of grumix8, and not one scripture citation to support freewill. That’s a whole lot of your thoughts without the Word of God!

You thoughts that you control you being saved from the wrath of God in your freewill keep heaping up into your precepts of men that lead to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

The Lord eliminates free will of man discerning the very Righteousness of God when He asked "And why do you not even on your own initiative judge what is right?" (Luke 12:57), so man's will is incapable of determining the "choosing" of God unto salvation; in reality, Christ alone chooses man unto salvation (John 15:16, John 15:19) with man being the blessed recipient of God's great work. Mere man is not superior to Jesus the Lord who says "Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner'" (John 5:19) and again He mentions initiative in "I can do nothing on My own initiative. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is just, because I do not seek My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me" (John 5:30).

A word about your thoughts. It is written, “‘For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,’ declares the LORD. ‘For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.'” (Isaiah 55:8-9).

A word about adding to scripture as you have done. It is written “do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar” (Proverbs 30:6), and the above explanation of your thoughts shows where you added to scripture.

Of the new Jerusalem, the Apostle John wrote “nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life” (Revelation 21:27) – notice that no one who practices lying gets in, and a human adding to scripture is the human lying.

Your free will assertion is referring to man attempting to override God’s thoughts with man’s thoughts, and that is evil.

You came all this way and with such great lengths try to argue just to argue. I came here and said freewill I showed with verses people decide and G-d decides that he lets us decided and destiny hasn't been written it can be change for us sinners. He doesn't force love he wants love to be sincere, you've written before and mistakes you make you don't recognize anything and you said to forget that post put lines on them so you see errors no no no. You have A promblem your always right and your not Kermos so Kermos wanna be taken seriously don't make so many errors and then dash erase them you don't know what your written you take to long.

Know freewill existed even before creation the devil made an error and he decided wrong. Adam made mistake proves he coudl fail and decison are amde the point that changes everything and your consciousness is the tool for it.
your paraphrasing and still paraphrasing there kermos you say futility and your just twisting your words. Your just saying one thing and your not adding other things that go with G-d's creation and your not completing the rest of the scriptures that accompany by those theachings. Freewill is deciding and you have liberty tod ecide to do good or evil. simple as that and your just from one corner trying to disagree with everything.

You ahve flaws Kermos and you already showed them in this posts. ;D.
You have made many accusations and nothing of love you say the word of taken now to incrimenate he is not A bible nor am I ot A prophet neither i'm i no one here. You have made it all the word of Kermos and he is absolute. That's all that's what you wanted accused everyone and be the accuser you and I know who is the accuser now in the bible. You don't need to share that you are G-d son and you must not be fighting and argue and bickering. The whole situation has been resolved there is freewill it existed and G-d gave it to us all of us make decisons and it is based on good and evil.

Those who show stubborness just dig thier ownhole and show they have no merit just anger. change your ways Kermos and loving to all and do not say he did that and did this but be the one who puts it in God's hand and not your own ;D.
devil was an angel and he disobeyed and decided wrong any being who has consciousness can do good or evil the devil is an example bad one.

Still, no free will written in the creation account (Genesis 1:1-31 Genesis 2:1- 25 Genesis 3:1-24), with Paul in accord for he conveyed that Adam “not willingly” ate of the tree since Paul included all time prior to Paul’s birth by his writing “until now” (Romans 8:20-22).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@Taken, this is yet another time that you fouled up your post, and this response is to your post, and I had to include this paragraph because you fouled up your response resulting in this site’s quoting mechanism preventing the display of your fouled up post’s quotation.

When Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation), then He is talking to all His chosen persons in all time.

The Apostle John included these words of Jesus because these words of Jesus are applicable to all believers in all time (John 20:31).

FYI, Judas had left already.

The disciples specifically identified Matthias and Joseph as two men who "accompanied us all the time" - see that it is all the time they were with Jesus as described here:

"'Therefore it is necessary that of the men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us - one of these [must] become a witness with us of His resurrection.' So they put forward two men, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias." (Acts 1:21-23)

In the upper room occupied by Jesus' disciples who put forward Matthias and Joseph were Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon the Zealot, and Judas the son of James (Acts 1:13), and these disciples recognized Matthias and Joseph as disciples that were with them from the beginning, and not a single disciple contradicted Peter's prounouncement of "men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us".

Thus, Matthias and Joseph are at least two disciples beyond the twelve who are specifically identified at the supper covered in John chapters 13-17.

When you wrote "God is all knowing. He knows a mans choice Before the man IS Born. God chooses a man 'WHO WILL CHOOSE HIM!!!!'",

then at that moment you subtracted "you did not choose Me" from the Word of God (John 15:16), and His statement is limitless to His glory in man's salvation!

JESUS PRESENTED NO EXCEPTIONS FOR "YOU DID NOT CHOOSE ME" (JOHN 15:16), yet you conjure up an exception based upon your precepts of men that lead to worship in vain (Matthew 15:9).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Kermos

just want to share this to you.

The grace of salvation?

Tong
R3880

The Apostle Paul wrote "by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are His work, created in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:8-10).

By the grace of God, God's chosen persons are saved from the wrath of God.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are off topic about angels.

This thread is about Adam not being imparted a free-will

Why do you believe Adam was not imparted a free-will? How could he have sinned; that is not God's will.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
And still going with your own line of reasoning, there is still no “Adam” and still no “eat” in Romans 8:30-22.

Tong
R3886

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
@Kermos

Why do you seem not to take Gen.2:16-17 as a commandment of God to Adam?

If you do, what do you think is a commandment for? What do you think could be expected of the one commanded?

Tong
R3887

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man is created from Dust.
Man is made living by God Breath.
Gods "works" of MAKING what He "created";
Includes man having his "OWN" WILL to pick and choose as his own WILL decides.

God openly demonstrated man HAS free will of his own... when God Himself Offered Adam options to choose names for animals; options to choose to eat of any tree of the garden.

God openly demonstrated God Himself has "options" He desires a man TO freely choose, and God Himself WARNS beforehand, the consequence for any option a man freely chooses.

Scripture reveals; Adam freely chose animals names, with no negative consequence...and Adam freely chose to eat of one tree with negative consequences....and forward...every man born of the seed of the first man...so also has options to Freely Choose their own options by their own free will....with positive consequences and with negative consequences....and immediately revealed; in twins born of Adam and Eve....Cain and Able.

Not rocket science. Men since the beginning have been Freely choosing by their own WILL, what they will believe and do...with positive and negative consequences, accounted to them.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your argument is dead.

Repeating yourself merely reveals your lack of comprehension and your stiffneckedness to hear the truth and believe the truth.

Gen 1
[26] ...God said, Let us make man ...after our likeness:

Uh, SINCE God can Choose...God "MADE" man that man ALSO CAN CHOOSE!

I proclaim the Truth (John 14:6) because the Truth saves!

A dead in sin man claims the Truth is dead.

Just as the original post shows, God did not specify what attributes God imparted to man when God used the word "likeness" (Genesis 1:26).

God has the knowledge of good and evil for God created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil (Genesis 2:9), yet God making Adam in God's likeness does not include Adam having the knowledge of good and evil at the time God formed Adam (Genesis 3:22).

God did not say "after our likeness including the ability to choose" in Genesis 1:26, so you wickedly added to the Word of God again!

Specifically God did say "Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth" (Genesis 1:26).

You imparted an attribute of ability to "choose" for Adam which God does not state.

You proclaim "the word of you". For you adulterate the Word of God with "choose" such that it is no longer the Word of God.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't you mean "God just wickedly.."
Since you say there's no such thing as individual volition?

No. @Taken wickedly added "choosing" into "he ate" (Genesis 3:6) where the word "choosing" does not exist, and since you liked Taken's post so do you.

You are accountable for your sin of adding freewill to the Word of God (Matthew 12:36).