Was Adam Imparted Free Will From The Beginning Of Creation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justbyfaith says:
Now I know that you have your teachings against this that you follow. But I would say that you are gambling your eternity over whether your teachers are right on the issue; and that this is not very wise.[/Quote\]

I don't expect people such as yourself to say good things about the Watchtower or the Jehovah's Witnesses and the NWT.

You're right about the fact that I have shown you many times what I have found concerning those scriptures when in some Bibles what Jesus said was translated as, "Before Abraham was I AM. It matters not to you the context of the scriptures this scripture is in. Which is what I mean about people like yourself who cares nothing about the context the scriptures are in. You see you and others believe Jesus was speaking about his identity, and trying to refer himself back to that person in Exodus 3: 14 but many other translations on this scriptures translate this scripture this way: Moffatt: “I have existed before Abraham was born.” Schonfield and An American Translation: “I existed before Abraham was born.” Stage (German): “Before Abraham came to be, I was.” Pfaefflin (German): “Before there was an Abraham, I was already there!” George M. Lamsa, translating from the Syriac Peshitta, says: “Before Abraham was born, I was.” Dr. James Murdock, also translating from the Syriac Peshitto Version, says: “Before Abraham existed, I was.” The Brazilian Sacred Bible published by the Catholic Bible Center of São Paulo says: “Before Abraham existed, I was existing.”—2nd edition, of 1960, Bíblia Sagrada.

We must remember, also, that when Jesus spoke to those Jews, he spoke to them in the Hebrew of his day, not in Greek. How Jesus said John 8:58 to the Jews is therefore presented to us in the modern translations by Hebrew scholars who translated the Greek into the Bible Hebrew, as follows: Dr. Franz Delitzsch: “Before Abraham was, I have been.” Isaac Salkinson and David Ginsburg: “I have been when there had as yet been no Abraham.” In both of these Hebrew translations the translators use for the expression “I have been” two Hebrew words, both a pronoun and a verb, namely, aní hayíthi; they do not use the one Hebrew word: Ehyéh, which is the Hebrew word used at Exodus 3:14. So they do not make out that in John 8:58 Jesus was trying to imitate Jehovah God and give us the impression that he himself was, Jehovah the I AM(Ehyéh).

In what language did John write his life account of Jesus Christ? In the Greek language, not in Hebrew; and in the Greek text the controversial expression is Egó eimí. Just by itself, without any introductory material ahead of it, Egó eimí means “I am.” Now this expression Egó eimí occurs also in John 8:24, 28; and in those verses the Authorized or King James Version and the Douay Version and others render the expression into English as “I am he,” the pronoun he being put in italics to indicate that the pronoun he is added or inserted. (AV; AS; Yg) But here, in John 8:58, those versions do not render this same expression as “I am he,” but only as “I am.” They evidently want to give us the idea that Jesus was not simply referring to his existence but also giving himself a title that belongs to Jehovah God, in imitation of Exodus 3:14.

When writing John 8:58, the apostle was not quoting from the Greek Septuagint Version, a translation of the Hebrew Scriptures made by Greek-speaking Jews of Alexandria, Egypt, before the birth of Christ. Let anyone who reads Greek compare John 8:58 in Greek and Exodus 3:14 in the Greek Septuagint, and he will find that the Septuagint reading of Exodus 3:14 does not use the expression Egó eimí for God’s name, when God says to Moses: “I AM hath sent me unto you.” The Greek Septuagint uses the expression ho Ōn, which means “The Being,” or, “The One who is.” This fact is clearly presented to us in Bagster’s translation of the Greek Septuagint, at Exodus 3:14, which reads: “And God spoke to Moses, saying, I am THE BEING [ho Ōn]; and he said, Thus shall ye say to the children of Israel, THE BEING [ho Ōn] has sent me to you.” According to Charles Thomson’s translation of the Greek Septuagint, Exodus 3:14 reads: “God spoke to Moses saying, I am The I Am [ho Ōn]. Moreover he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, The I Am [ho Ōn] hath sent me to you.”* Thus this comparison of the two Greek texts, that of the Septuagint and that of John 8:58, removes all basis for trinitarians to argue that Jesus, in John 8:58, was trying to fit Exodus 3:14 to himself, as if he was Jehovah God.

O yes, the Greek expression ho Ōn does occur in the apostle John’s writings. It occurs in the Greek text of John 1:18; 3:13 (AV; Yg), Joh 3:31; 6:40; 8:47; 12:17; 18:37, but not as a title or name. So in four of those verses it applies, not to Jesus, but to other persons. However, in the Revelation or Apocalypse the apostle John does use the expression ho Ōn as a title or designation five times, namely, in Revelation 1:4, 8; 4:8; 11:17; 16:5. But in all five cases the expression ho Ōn is applied to Jehovah God the Almighty, and not to the Lamb of God, the Word.
You and others can disregard this evidence or disbelieve it for whatever reason all you want it's your life. I'm not going to speak out against you for exercising your rights like everyone else. However people such as myself and others who have the same rights as you have the right to disagree with you, which I honestly do. There's too much evidence that you and others want to ignore that I choose not to ignore.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, at this point I would present you with Paschal's wager.

He proposes that if Christianity be true and He believe in it, then he gains everything and the one who disbelieves in it loses everything. And that likewise, if Christianity be false and he believes in it, he loses nothing and the one who disbelieves in it gains nothing.

I would point out to you that it is the same concerning faith in the Deity of Christ.

Because if John 8:24 is truly speaking of Christ's Deity, I gain everything for believing in the Deity of Christ and you lose everything for not believing. And if it is not speaking of Christ's Deity, I lose nothing for believing in it and you gain nothing for not believing in it.

So you had better hope that you are right in order that you might gain nothing rather than lose everything.

And I will most certainly gain everything and lose nothing; for John 8:24 truly does speak of the necessity of believing in the Deity of Christ in order to be saved. And if it doesn't, I lose nothing for believing.

So then, if it is true, the one who believes gains everything and the one who does not believe loses everything.

But if it is not true, the one who believes loses nothing and the one who does not believe gains nothing.

I hope that you can see that the Lord has given you a motivation for believing that His words are true in that He claims to be God in many of these verses.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
snip...
I don't expect people such as yourself to say good things about the Watchtower or the Jehovah's Witnesses and the NWT.

You're right about the fact that I have shown you many times what I have found concerning those scriptures when in some Bibles what Jesus said was translated as, "Before Abraham was I AM. It matters not to you the context of the scriptures this scripture is in. Which is what I mean about people like yourself who cares nothing about the context the scriptures are in. You see you and others believe Jesus was speaking about his identity, and trying to refer himself back to that person in Exodus 3: 14 but many other translations on this scriptures translate this scripture this way: Moffatt: “I have existed before Abraham was born.” Schonfield and An American Translation: “I existed before Abraham was born.” Stage (German): “Before Abraham came to be, I was.” Pfaefflin (German): “Before there was an Abraham, I was already there!” George M. Lamsa, translating from the Syriac Peshitta, says: “Before Abraham was born, I was.” Dr. James Murdock, also translating from the Syriac Peshitto Version, says: “Before Abraham existed, I was.” The Brazilian Sacred Bible published by the Catholic Bible Center of São Paulo says: “Before Abraham existed, I was existing.”—2nd edition, of 1960, Bíblia Sagrada.
...snip
The words of Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), are recorded by the Apostle John as:
  • Truly truly I say to you before Abraham was I am (John 8:58)
  • Ἀμὴν ἀμὴν λέγω ὑμῖν πρὶν Ἀβραὰμ γενέσθαι ἐγὼ εἰμί (John 8:58)

Unequivocally, the Apostle John records Jesus, the Word of God (John 1:14), saying "ἐγὼ εἰμί" ("I am") in the New Testament's Greek.

It is written:

• And God said to Moses I am the One being and He said thus you shall say to the sons of Israel the One being has sent me to you (Exodus 3:14)
  • καὶ εἶπεν ὁ Θεὸς πρὸς Μωυσῆν ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν. καὶ εἶπεν· οὕτως ἐρεῖς τοῖς υἱοῖς ᾿Ισραήλ· ὁ ὢν ἀπέσταλκέ με πρὸς ὑμᾶς (Exodus 3:14)
Unequivocally, Moses records the Word of God saying "ἐγὼ εἰμί" ("I am") in the Septuagint's Greek.

We find Lord Jesus saying "ἐγώ εἰμι" ("I am") in John 8:28 which are the same words as recorded in John 8:58!

The Jews employed a literary mechanism to refer back to things written (in the Old Testament).

It is written "About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, 'ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?' that is, 'MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?'" (Matthew 27:46).

Unequivocally, Lord Jesus refers back to Psalm 22 from the cross by reciting the first line of the Psalm which is "My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?" (Psalm 22:1)!

Behold the beauty of Jesus' words upon the cross, both praise and prophetic fulfillment in progress:

• And by night, but I have no rest. Yet You are holy, O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel (Psalm 22:2-3)
  • A band of evildoers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet (Psalm 22:16)
  • They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots (Psalm 22:18)
  • They will come and will declare His righteousness To a people who will be born, that He has performed (Psalm 22:31)
Clearly evident is the preface literary mechanism to bring to mind a whole passage!

Jesus said "unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins" (John 8:24).

Here is the Master Orator, the Son of God expresses Diety, saying "ἐγώ εἰμι" ("I am") again, but this time, He condemns you unbelievers!

Another literary mechanism utilized by the Jews was to repeat things to amplify the significance of the matter.

Jesus, the Holy One of God (John 6:69), repeats Himself to intensify WHO HE IS by saying "ἐγώ εἰμι" ("I am") numerous times recorded in John 8 including these THREE instances which convey the wonderful meaning of "ἐγώ εἰμι" ("I am").

Numerous times the Lord Jesus refers back to "ἐγὼ εἰμί" ("I am") (Exodus 3:14) as recorded by the Apostle John in John 8. Antichrists do not believe the words of Jesus Christ.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words of Jesus, Lord and God (John 20:28), are recorded by the Apostle John as:

Unequivocally, the Apostle John records Jesus, the Word of God (John 1:14), saying "ἐγὼ εἰμί" ("I am") in the New Testament's Greek.

It is written:

• And God said to Moses I am the One being and He said thus you shall say to the sons of Israel the One being has sent me to you (Exodus 3:14)
  • καὶ εἶπεν ὁ Θεὸς πρὸς Μωυσῆν ἐγώ εἰμι ὁ ὤν. καὶ εἶπεν· οὕτως ἐρεῖς τοῖς υἱοῖς ᾿Ισραήλ· ὁ ὢν ἀπέσταλκέ με πρὸς ὑμᾶς (Exodus 3:14)
Unequivocally, Moses records the Word of God saying "ἐγὼ εἰμί" ("I am") in the Septuagint's Greek.

We find Lord Jesus saying "ἐγώ εἰμι" ("I am") in John 8:28 which are the same words as recorded in John 8:58!

The Jews employed a literary mechanism to refer back to things written (in the Old Testament).

It is written "About the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, 'ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI?' that is, 'MY GOD, MY GOD, WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?'" (Matthew 27:46).

Unequivocally, Lord Jesus refers back to Psalm 22 from the cross by reciting the first line of the Psalm which is "My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?" (Psalm 22:1)!

Behold the beauty of Jesus' words upon the cross, both praise and prophetic fulfillment in progress:

• And by night, but I have no rest. Yet You are holy, O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel (Psalm 22:2-3)
  • A band of evildoers has encompassed me; They pierced my hands and my feet (Psalm 22:16)
  • They divide my garments among them, And for my clothing they cast lots (Psalm 22:18)
  • They will come and will declare His righteousness To a people who will be born, that He has performed (Psalm 22:31)
Clearly evident is the preface literary mechanism to bring to mind a whole passage!

Jesus said "unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins" (John 8:24).

Here is the Master Orator, the Son of God expresses Diety, saying "ἐγώ εἰμι" ("I am") again, but this time, He condemns you unbelievers!

Another literary mechanism utilized by the Jews was to repeat things to amplify the significance of the matter.

Jesus, the Holy One of God (John 6:69), repeats Himself to intensify WHO HE IS by saying "ἐγώ εἰμι" ("I am") numerous times recorded in John 8 including these THREE instances which convey the wonderful meaning of "ἐγώ εἰμι" ("I am").

Numerous times the Lord Jesus refers back to "ἐγὼ εἰμί" ("I am") (Exodus 3:14) as recorded by the Apostle John in John 8. Antichrists do not believe the words of Jesus Christ.[/QUOTE
  • Concerning these scriptures:
At John 8:24;28 in kJV, ASV, NASB, NIV the same Greek expression,"ἐγὼ εἰμί," is translated as, "I am he," not as,"I am." But that aside, you and others like you, continue to take this scripture out of context to prove your belief. Since that is who you are, so be it.
I know Jesus wasn't talking about his identity, but instead was saying he was older than Abraham because he existed before Abraham was even born. Which is true,The Only Begotten Son of God was in existence before Abraham was born.

You saying this statement:
This statement as I said isn't consistent with other Bible translations which translate this same Greek expression, "ἐγὼ εἰμί," at John 8:24,28 as, "I am he," not as, "I am." Why a different translation if it's the same words as you have admitted. Some translations even capitalize the words, "I am," to read, "I AM to make us believe Jesus was referring back to Exodus 3:14.
Just because Jesus was saying he existed before Abraham was born doesn't mean he's saying that he's God. He's just saying he existed before Abraham was born, was in existence while Abraham was in existence in this world. The point is The Only Begotten Son of God existed in heaven before Abraham was born.
You and others who want to make more out of it than that, just show how you will take a Scripture out of context to prove your belief and that's all its ever going to mean to me.
You're right about the fact that Antichrists will not believe the words of Jesus Christ and as I said I've not seen any Scripture in the Bible that Jesus said he was and is God. The only thing I have seen is people such as you and others who put your interpretations on a Scripture as important instead of what's written down, or you'll take a Scripture out of context to try to prove your beliefs. I will always say that people have the right to their interpretation of the scriptures, they also have the right to express what they believe to be the truth. However since every human on the planet has the same rights as everyone else, you have to understand that there will be those who will disagree with you. You can call them antichrists or false prophets or whatever you want but if you or anyone hasn't proven to them from the scriptures that what they believe isn't consistent with the scriptures then such people have no need to change.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't interpret Scripture, that is a function of the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:20-21).

As far as your mention of "child", that is very interesting when Lord Jesus said "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3-4).
Please do not tell me that the Holy Spirit just interpreted Matthew 18:3-4 for you, the way that you did above in reply to my charging you with childish exegesis?
....I can't say it enough, those who claim to have the Holy Spirit are categorically the worst exegetes.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't answer my questions.

To @Kermos.

You illegitimately added to the Word of God in your post #53 in this thread. Jesus did not say ANYTHING about "only work that you can do" since the work is attributed to God and God alone!

Now it appears that you try to obscure your error by not replying to the post where I explained this to you.

You do NOT cause "faith" to point at God.

Regardless of John 6:28, in John 6:29 the Word of God defines faith with "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent".

Lord Jesus is the Word of God (John 1:14).

This means that God works in a person to believe in Jesus whom the Father has sent.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate the reply, 101G.

first thanks for the reply,

ERROR, "saw" is the choice of understanding.

That's a false error assertion, 101G, and I write this based on The Meaning Of The Hebrew Word רָאָה (raah) in Genesis 3:6

Another ERROR, if God already knew there was no need for any logic. for it is clearly stated in Romans 8:20 "For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope," the term "REASON", means, 1. a cause, explanation, or justification for an action or event. (so the command not to eat would not be any justification for an action or event). 2. the power of the mind to think, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic. 3. think, understand, and form judgments by a process of logic.

so, if God subject the man in Hope, Hope as a A course of action that is resorted to, ... is a Choice. just look up what Hope means, and under the synonyms of "A course of action that is resorted to" ... CHOICE". and that's God Word, so your exegesis provided nothing but false and misleading information.

do we need to go any futher?.

PICJAG.

Hope is longing desire, a preferred outcome. Hope is a state of being. Hope does not include "choice" in it's definition, neither express nor implied.

Notice that Paul wrote by reason of God who hath subjected the the creature in hope in Romans 8:20.

Since you bring up Romans 8:20, did you notice that Paul wrote "For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly"? Well, who is one of the creatures? Adam! So, let's apply some logic here, shall we? Yes, here is Romans 8:20 in application:

For Adam was made subject to vanity, not willingly!

Thanks, 101G, for the pertinent passage of Romans 8:20 that explains that Adam did not eat of Adam's free will, so Adam did not eat by choice.

As is plainly evident, 101G, the Romans 8:20 passage confirms the exegesis provided in item 1. of the original post.

Neither choice nor choose nor it's conjugates exist implicit nor explicit in Genesis 1 - 3.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not comprehend men have Freewill to choose and do whatever they want...

Can't understand it for you!
Disagree.
God was with them in the Garden TALKING TO THEM...don't see how you figure God was Not teaching them Good knowle

FREEWILL is a CHOICE.

Eve Freely...Chose to Look, to See, to engage in conversation with the Serpent, to Reach out her hand and pluck a fruit, to open her mouth and take a bite.

You say "men have Freewill to choose and do whatever they want".

God does not say "men have Freewill to choose and do whatever they want".

Therefore, you attemp to add "men have Freewill to choose and do whatever they want" to the Word of God, so "men have Freewill to choose and do whatever they want" is a lie.

It is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

Of the new Jerusalem, the Apostle John wrote "nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Revelation 21:27).

Notice, both of these verses refer to lying.

As far as your reference to "look" and "see", it is a lie to add "chose" to "saw", Taken, and I write this based on The Meaning Of The Hebrew Word רָאָה (raah) in <a href="http://biblehub.com/genesis/3-6.htm" target="_new">Genesis 3:6</a>

None of your Bible citations provide explicit nor contextual proof for "free will" nor "choice" nor it's conjugates.

God prophesied in wisdom and foreknowledge that Adam would eat of the tree, so Item 2.1. of the original post remains true and accurate.

You wrote "Wisdom IS 'MAKING' a FREEWILL Choice of Good OVER Evil".

Truly, Christ is the Wisdom of God (1 Corinthians 1:24), but you mistakenly apply righteous wisdom unto yourself that you claim to be able to choose Jesus despite the Word of God saying "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

As shown scripturally in item 2.3 of the original post, neither Adam nor Eve knew good nor evil at the time of the actions recorded in Genesis 3:6, so you are putting "FREEWILL Choice of Good OVER Evil" (your words) where it cannot exist according to the Word of God.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah has given each person free will, or the ability to make choices. He did not create us to be like robots. (Deuteronomy 30:19; Joshua 24:15) We can use our freedom to make good choices. But if we are not careful, we could make unwise decisions. Having free will means that we must personally decide whether we want to be loyal to Jehovah and prove that we really love him.
According to you kermos, God doesn't want people to choose to love him from the heart , but instead God just wanted programmed robots. Also according to you, you're telling people we can't make choices even though the scriptures are showing that we are to make choices.

Scripture, you finally posted scripture references.

Let me copy and paste that which I wrote in the original post, "Largely, I use free will to mean man choosing toward God, emphatically Lord Jesus Christ".

No part of the Word of God indicates that God gives each person a free will.

The Word of God explicitly states a person cannot choose Jesus unto salvation, for He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

Well, BARNEY BRIGHT, you have proven yourself to be a bearer of false witness, because in the original post I reference this writing that God had me write "Lord Jesus declared 'where your treasure is, there your heart will be also' (Matthew 6:21) AND the Holy Spirit is precious treasure (John 3:3-8, John 16:7-14)".

And, here's some more "Jesus and the Bride of Christ, the Assembly of God, are together forevermore in love and joy on Earth and in heaven (Revelation 19:7, Revelation 21:9, John 15:5)".

Now, about your scripture referencees, BARNEY BRIGHT, in Joshua 24:15 only false gods are available for the choices.

In Deuteronomy 30:19, there is the command to "choose life", and that is "life" in the promised land. That is life, not God. Furthermore, a command does not convey ability as demonstrated scripturally here: God's Commands Distinguished From Man's Ability

Just to remind you, BARNEY BRIGHT, let me copy and paste that which I wrote in the original post, "Largely, I use free will to mean man choosing toward God, emphatically Lord Jesus Christ".

It appears that you disavow the Potter, BARNEY BRIGHT, for it is written "who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, 'Why did you make me like this,' will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory" (Romans 9:20-23).

And of the Potter being God, "now, O YHWH, You are our Father, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand" (Isaiah 64:8).

Man wickedly tries to impune Adam and mankind with free will to choose against God when God will NOT choose against God's self, but the Prophet Isaiah recorded 'You turn [things] around! Shall the potter be considered as equal with the clay, That what is made would say to its maker, "He did not make me"; Or what is formed say to him who formed it, "He has no understanding"?' (Isaiah 29:16).

Item 2.1. of the original post bears out that God will not choose against God's self; therefore, God did not endow man with such a capability, yet man starts out in the flesh and is earthy. This explanation can be found at Almighty God's Awesome Creation In Amazing Splendor

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture, you finally posted scripture references.

Let me copy and paste that which I wrote in the original post, "Largely, I use free will to mean man choosing toward God, emphatically Lord Jesus Christ".

The Word of God explicitly states a person cannot choose Jesus unto salvation, for He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

Well, BARNEY BRIGHT, you have proven yourself to be a bearer of false witness, because in the original post I reference this writing that God had me write "Lord Jesus declared 'where your treasure is, there your heart will be also' (Matthew 6:21) AND the Holy Spirit is precious treasure (John 3:3-8, John 16:7-14)".

And, here's some more "Jesus and the Bride of Christ, the Assembly of God, are together forevermore in love and joy on Earth and in heaven (Revelation 19:7, Revelation 21:9, John 15:5)".

Now, about your scripture referencees, BARNEY BRIGHT, in Joshua 24:15 only false gods are available for the choices.

In Deuteronomy 30:19, there is the command to "choose life", and that is "life" in the promised land. That is life, not God. Furthermore, a command does not convey ability as demonstrated scripturally here: God's Commands Distinguished From Man's Ability

Just to remind you, BARNEY BRIGHT, let me copy and paste that which I wrote in the original post, "Largely, I use free will to mean man choosing toward God, emphatically Lord Jesus Christ".

It appears that you disavow the Potter, BARNEY BRIGHT, for it is written "who are you, O man, who answers back to God? The thing molded will not say to the molder, 'Why did you make me like this,' will it? Or does not the potter have a right over the clay, to make from the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for common use? What if God, although willing to demonstrate His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction? And He did so to make known the riches of His glory upon vessels of mercy, which He prepared beforehand for glory" (Romans 9:20-23).

And of the Potter being God, "now, O YHWH, You are our Father, We are the clay, and You our potter; And all of us are the work of Your hand" (Isaiah 64:8).

Man wickedly tries to impune Adam and mankind with free will to choose against God when God will NOT choose against God's self, but the Prophet Isaiah recorded 'You turn [things] around! Shall the potter be considered as equal with the clay, That what is made would say to its maker, "He did not make me"; Or what is formed say to him who formed it, "He has no understanding"?' (Isaiah 29:16).

Item 2.1. of the original post bears out that God will not choose against God's self; therefore, God did not endow man with such a capability, yet man starts out in the flesh and is earthy. This explanation can be found at Almighty God's Awesome Creation In Amazing Splendor

None of these scriptures you have posted show in any way that we don't have free Will. What I see is how you will take them out of context to prove your beliefs. You also call God an outright liar.
Adam was made in God’s image, according to His likeness, man was a free moral agent. you're calling God a liar by saying God didn't create Adam in his image. Adam had the freedom of choice to do good or bad. By his willing, loving obedience to his Creator, he was in a position to bring honor and glory to God far beyond that which the animal creation could bring. He could intelligently praise God for His wonderful qualities and could support His sovereignty. But Adam’s freedom was a relative freedom; it was not absolute. He could continue to live in happiness only if he acknowledged Jehovah’s sovereignty. This was indicated by the tree of knowledge of good and bad, from which Adam was forbidden to eat. Eating of it would be an act of disobedience, a rebellion against God’s sovereignty.—Ge 2:9, 16,
Also if you choose life you're Choosing God and you know that. The True God is all about life, so if you're Choosing life you're Choosing God.
Jehovah endowed perfect, intelligent creatures(humans) with free will. So they were by no means preprogrammed to please God—like some sort of robot. Think about it. Which would mean more to you—a gift that is given mechanically or one that comes from the heart? The answer is obvious. Likewise, if Adam and Eve had freely chosen to obey God, their obedience would have meant all the more to him. The capacity to choose enabled the first human pair to obey Jehovah out of love.—Deuteronomy 30:19, 20.
There are scriptures similar to Joshua 24:15 that tell us we must make a choice who we will serve, The True God or false gods. How can we make that choice if we don't have free will?

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Therefore, you attemp to add "men have Freewill to choose and do whatever they want" to the Word of God, so "men have Freewill to choose and do whatever they want" is a lie.

It is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6).

Of the new Jerusalem, the Apostle John wrote "nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Revelation 21:27).

As far as your reference to "look" and "see", it is a lie to add "chose" to "saw", Taken, and I write this based on The Meaning Of The Hebrew Word רָאָה (raah) in <a href="http://biblehub.com/genesis/3-6.htm" target="_new">Genesis 3:6</a>

None of your Bible citations provide explicit nor contextual proof for "free will" nor "choice" nor it's conjugates.

God prophesied in wisdom and foreknowledge that Adam would eat of the tree, so Item 2.1. of the original post remains true and accurate.

Truly, Christ is the Wisdom of God (1 Corinthians 1:24), but you mistakenly apply righteous wisdom unto yourself that you claim to be able to choose Jesus despite the Word of God saying "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

As shown scripturally in item 2.3 of the original post, neither Adam nor Eve knew good nor evil at the time of the actions recorded in Genesis 3:6, so you are putting "FREEWILL Choice of Good OVER Evil" (your words) where it cannot exist according to the Word of God.
first thanks for the reply, second, I read your link, and when reading it I immediately ... "SAW" .. lol, the mistake. notice it said,
In Genesis 3:6, the verb "saw" has multiple components:
"saw" denotes Eve's action of seeing
"saw" connotes Eve's condition
lol, lol, lol... ERROR. the term "saw" here is used metaphorically. and saw is in past tense form, for "SAW" is to understand the unknown. "SEE", she was seeing physically all the time in order to know, to know, to know what tree to eat from or not. so your first edivence is incorrect.

now her condition, the link said, " The logic statement aspect of Genesis 3:6 provides further evidence that no transition was indicated for Eve.

well that's an ERROR, for the command was not to eat from it. and by being TEMPTED, she has a "CHOICE", because now of the TEMPATION, and the DISRE, (which is the transition, meaning the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another). WHAT CHANGE was from to command not to eat to "CHOSE" to EAT, which is a choice. meaning to OBEY or NOT to OBEY.

UNDERSTAND what "see" means?... got it, if not... notice around my 5th sentance I said with parentheses, for "SAW" is to understand the unknown, see it in RED .... we say it all the time... listen, "see what I mean". I didn't ask you to look physically with your natural eyes, NO, I was referring to your "Spiritual EYES". meaning DO YOU UNDERSTAND. not to see phyically, no, but to understand.

and when one understands, then one can make smarter... "WISER" .. decisions/choices.

so right off the bat you link was flawed from the start, so NO.... can you "SEE" that... (smile).

PICJAG.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

it's amazing how people just don't read before they speak,
John 15:15 "Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you." (NOW JOHN 15:16)
John 15:16 "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

THESE DISCIPLES HAVE ALRERADY COME/ANSWER GOD'S CALL FOR THE WORK, FOR HIS REASON. and one see the reason for their chosing. now lets see if this chosing.
2 Peter 1:2 "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,"
2 Peter 1:3 "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:"
2 Peter 1:4 "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."
2 Peter 1:5 "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;"
2 Peter 1:6 "And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;"
2 Peter 1:7 "And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity."
2 Peter 1:8 "For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Peter 1:9 "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins."
2 Peter 1:10 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:"
2 Peter 1:11 "For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

God has "chose" all men because his desire is that all be saved, 1 Timothy 2:3 "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;"
1 Timothy 2:4 "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

so from creation all thing was GOOD until "TEMPTATION" came in, which produce a "CHOICE" to OBEY and accept God invintation or not.

God is not going to cram the Holy Ghost down your throat ... unwilling on your part to recieve him... no

if God had already "choosed" by force, there would be no need for Judgment, nor would there be any Sheeps or Goats

that right there tell us that that not everyone is chose of, or BY God .... ONLY, but God didn't lie when he said, 1 Timothy 2:4 "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.".

God is calling everyday, are we hearing and accepting his call? for the apostle Peter by God himself the Holy Ghost said this, 2 Peter 1:11 "For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

PICJAG.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
post #53...

You left out John 6:28:

Jhn 6:28, Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

Jesus makes His statement in answer to this question.

Therefore, He is saying, "If you are going to insist that you will have salvation by works, the only work (that you can do) that will save you is to believe on the One whom He hath sent."

I don't think I have added to it at all. I have interpreted it.

For it should be clear that salvation is not by works; but that it is by grace through faith.

With that in mind I'm not sure how you could come up with a different interpretation than what I've provided.

re: post #87 (Was Adam Imparted Free Will From The Beginning Of Creation?).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Blah, blah, blah...Your personal accusation toward me...blah, blah, blah...Irrelevant!

I was guessing you have a portion of your Brain that functions properly and could figure out from Scripture things that were said and done....and then comprehend what Terms men have devised to apply to things Revealed IN Scripture.

I never Said: I was quoting the Term "FREEWILL" from Scripture!
So your accusation of me "changing" Scripture is your own failure to understand what "changing" Scripture means.

God Announced Adam had "become like God"...exclusively regarding...
God Knows What IS Good and What is Evil...
And God Acknowledge "that Likeness"...
Became mankind's Likeness. ( at the Point Adam ate from the Tree of Good AND Evil).

BEFORE Adam ate from that Tree...
* Adam was Naturally CREATED with the "Ability TO Make Choices".

MAKING CHOICES...is FREEWILL!

noun: freewill
  1. ... the ability to act at one's own discretion.

* God was Teaching Adam; GOOD Knowledge!
* Adam WAS already MAKING Choices : from ONLY Good Knowledge.

God presented Animals to Adam...
Adam used his own "Freewill", to choose Names of what the Animals would be Called.

God presented Adam with a Female...
Adam used his own"FREEWILL" to choose a Name the Female would be Called.

Men have been using their FREEWILL since the beginning of mankind, to Freely, by their Will, calls Things what they will and make things what the will and Do Things what they will.

What BECAME different for Adam, (and passed down to Every man, by Man's SEED)
IS the Knowledge...

Adam was Created and then ONLY HEARD Good Knowledge From our Great Good God.

Adam aside from freely naming animals and the female...used his FREEWILL to Choose to eat from a Tree God directed Adam in Goodness to Stay AWAY From, and instead Enjoy eating from every other Tree IN the Garden.

Adam Decided to Freely Choose to Eat from the Tree...
The Tree Expressly called "the Tree of KNOWLEDGE "of" Good AND Evil.

Adam freely ate from the Tree.
It was Adams Freewill Choice.
God didn't Stop Adam.

See the name of the Tree???? Knowledge!

Not a Tree of Free Choice (which is Freewill) that Adam already had when he was Created. Adams FREEWILL was already exhibited by Adam Choosing names for the animals, for the female and for choosing to eat from a Tree God WARNED (NOT prohibited) Warned Adam Not to Eat from.

The Tree of Knowledge simply INTRODUCED mankind ....to more Choices...specifically Choices of Good things to freely Choose...or Evil things to freely Choose.

The WARNINGS for Results of mankind's FREE WILL Choices are All through Scripture.

Freely Choosing Good Things ... is Encouraged in Scripture Because it Glorifies God...

Freely Choosing Evil Things ...is discouraged in Scripture Because it Does NOT Glorify God.

God can direct a willing man who desires to be a Glorifying servant To God...

And God can reject a man who has freely chosen to Reject God.

Why you think men do Not make FREEWILL choices ... is complete ignorance to me.

God already Knows What men WILL choose...
But dude God did not drag you to an alter and Force you to Choose Him.

Individuals make their own Freewill Choices...
No one can force their will on you and Make you Confess Belief or Make you Confess to Not Believe.

Plenty of men can Influence you, to believe or not...but it is still your own Freewill that God will Accept or Reject.

Open your Eyes, the whole World is Filled With the DIVISION of men who have Freely Chosen to Believe in God and men who have Freely Chosen to Reject Belief in God.

A directive...of WHEN...to choose
Josh 24:
[15] ...choose you this day whom ye will serve; ...

A Good teaching...of WHAT...to choose
1 Thes 1:
[4]...your election of God

Glory to God,
Taken

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please do not tell me that the Holy Spirit just interpreted Matthew 18:3-4 for you, the way that you did above in reply to my charging you with childish exegesis?
....I can't say it enough, those who claim to have the Holy Spirit are categorically the worst exegetes.

Your post is absent of scripture sans the reference that I quoted to you, and your absence of scripture regarding free will for man is a reflection of man's fleshly desire to control salvation over and against Word of God who says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) along with what may have been the very same breath "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16).

I don't interpret Scripture, that is a function of the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:20-21).

As far as your mention of "child", that is very interesting when Lord Jesus said "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 18:3-4).

Now, let's look at scripture and the orignial post. In Genesis 2:17, God clearly states that man WILL eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. This is shown in item 1. of the original post. Free will would mean that man could choose to go against what God said WOULD happen; therefore, man did not have free will.

It is written, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,' declares the LORD. 'For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

Your free will assertion is referring to man attempting to override God's thoughts with man's thoughts, and that is evil.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
None of these scriptures you have posted show in any way that we don't have free Will. What I see is how you will take them out of context to prove your beliefs. You also call God an outright liar.
Adam was made in God’s image, according to His likeness, man was a free moral agent. you're calling God a liar by saying God didn't create Adam in his image. Adam had the freedom of choice to do good or bad. By his willing, loving obedience to his Creator, he was in a position to bring honor and glory to God far beyond that which the animal creation could bring. He could intelligently praise God for His wonderful qualities and could support His sovereignty. But Adam’s freedom was a relative freedom; it was not absolute. He could continue to live in happiness only if he acknowledged Jehovah’s sovereignty. This was indicated by the tree of knowledge of good and bad, from which Adam was forbidden to eat. Eating of it would be an act of disobedience, a rebellion against God’s sovereignty.—Ge 2:9, 16,
Also if you choose life you're Choosing God and you know that. The True God is all about life, so if you're Choosing life you're Choosing God.
Jehovah endowed perfect, intelligent creatures(humans) with free will. So they were by no means preprogrammed to please God—like some sort of robot. Think about it. Which would mean more to you—a gift that is given mechanically or one that comes from the heart? The answer is obvious. Likewise, if Adam and Eve had freely chosen to obey God, their obedience would have meant all the more to him. The capacity to choose enabled the first human pair to obey Jehovah out of love.—Deuteronomy 30:19, 20.
There are scriptures similar to Joshua 24:15 that tell us we must make a choice who we will serve, The True God or false gods. How can we make that choice if we don't have free will?

Hey BARNEY BRIGHT, you bore false witness against me in your post #75 where you wrote "According to you kermos, God doesn't want people to choose to love him from the heart , but instead God just wanted programmed robots. Also according to you, you're telling people we can't make choices even though the scriptures are showing that we are to make choices."

I replied to you pointing this out, BARNEY BRIGHT, where I wrote "Well, BARNEY BRIGHT, you have proven yourself to be a bearer of false witness, because in the original post I reference this writing that God had me write 'Lord Jesus declared "where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matthew 6:21) AND the Holy Spirit is precious treasure (John 3:3-8, John 16:7-14)" and I wrote "And, here's some more 'Jesus and the Bride of Christ, the Assembly of God, are together forevermore in love and joy on Earth and in heaven (Revelation 19:7, Revelation 21:9, John 15:5)'."

But, it appears that you just skip right on past your sinful way, BARNEY BRIGHT.

As far as your post #91, quoted above, BARNEY BRIGHT, your very first argument is non-sequitor where you wrote "None of these scriptures you have posted show in any way that we don't have free Will" because there is NO SCRIPTURE THAT IMPLICITLY NOR EXPLICITY INDICATES THAT MAN HAS FREE WILL.

None of Genesis 1-3 states that Adam was created a "free moral agent", so you are adding to scripture. The fact is, there is no scripture that states Adam was created with free-will; therefore, you are adding to scripture. In item 2.1. of the original post to this thread, I wrote "Adam was made in the image according to the likeness of God (Genesis 1:26) THEN some persons of the creation (creatures) argue that specific facility was given to Adam", so you are repeating error already proven to be wicked.

You are gonging off your thoughts instead of the Word of God when you wrote "Adam had the freedom of choice to do good or bad" since in item 2.3. the original post I wrote:

The timeline of Adam knowing good and evil
BEFORE Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
THEN Adam and Eve knew not good and evil
AFTER Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
THEN Adam and Eve knew good and evil
FOR the delineation is clarified when God said "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:22)
YET based on the Word of God saying "has become" recorded in Genesis 3:22
THEN Adam did not know good and evil before eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
SO Adam did not know good and evil when God issued the command "from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die!" (Genesis 2:17)
THEREFORE at the time of eating, Adam listened and followed the last that he heard about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
WHICH Adam heard from Eve
FOR God said "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17)
SO Adam listened to Eve and Adam ate from the tree prior to knowing good and evil
AND a person does good by obeying God; on the other hand, a person does evil by disobeying God
SO free will choosing of good or choosing of evil is not the context
AND action is the context
SINCE good and evil are not known to Adam prior to eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil
THEREFORE it follows that Adam was not endowed with the attribute of free will

This means, BARNEY BRIGHT, that you are adding choice to do good or bad/evil before Adam knew the difference according to the Word of God.

A word about thoughts, BARNEY BRIGHT. It is written, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,' declares the LORD. 'For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

A word about adding to scripture as you have done, BARNEY BRIGHT. It is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6), and the above shows where you added to scripture.

Of the new Jerusalem, the Apostle John wrote "nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Revelation 21:27) - notice that no one who practices lying, BARNEY BRIGHT, gets in.

Your free will assertion is referring to man attempting to override God's thoughts with man's thoughts, and that is evil.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply, second, I read your link, and when reading it I immediately ... "SAW" .. lol, the mistake. notice it said,
In Genesis 3:6, the verb "saw" has multiple components:
"saw" denotes Eve's action of seeing
"saw" connotes Eve's condition
lol, lol, lol... ERROR. the term "saw" here is used metaphorically. and saw is in past tense form, for "SAW" is to understand the unknown. "SEE", she was seeing physically all the time in order to know, to know, to know what tree to eat from or not. so your first edivence is incorrect.

now her condition, the link said, " The logic statement aspect of Genesis 3:6 provides further evidence that no transition was indicated for Eve.

well that's an ERROR, for the command was not to eat from it. and by being TEMPTED, she has a "CHOICE", because now of the TEMPATION, and the DISRE, (which is the transition, meaning the process or a period of changing from one state or condition to another). WHAT CHANGE was from to command not to eat to "CHOSE" to EAT, which is a choice. meaning to OBEY or NOT to OBEY.

UNDERSTAND what "see" means?... got it, if not... notice around my 5th sentance I said with parentheses, for "SAW" is to understand the unknown, see it in RED .... we say it all the time... listen, "see what I mean". I didn't ask you to look physically with your natural eyes, NO, I was referring to your "Spiritual EYES". meaning DO YOU UNDERSTAND. not to see phyically, no, but to understand.

and when one understands, then one can make smarter... "WISER" .. decisions/choices.

so right off the bat you link was flawed from the start, so NO.... can you "SEE" that... (smile).

PICJAG.
This competition is: saw versus freewill

The word "saw" represents the act of seeing in the past and/or the act of perceiving in the past.

The word "freewill" represents a person's autonomously comprehensive determination (i.e. a person's exclusive ability to choose things and/or actions autonomously).

Therefore the word "saw" is inequal to the word "freewill" (including "free will choice").

The word "saw" is a verb, but the word "freewill" is a noun.

A noun is a person, place, or thing; on the other hand, a verb is an action.

Therefore a noun is inequal to a verb.

Therefore "saw" is inequal to "freewill" (including "free will choice").

Considering source versus recipient respecting "saw" and "freewill".

Perception happens to a person, so "saw" travels into a person.

Choice emanates from a person, so "freewill" travels out of a person.

A person is the "source" when referring to "freewill" or "freewill choice".

A person is the "recipient" when referring to "saw" or "perception".

Written another way, perception (saw) is inequal to choice (freewill).

An inversion of context occurs within Genesis 3:6 when "freewill" is erroneously applied to "saw" by self willed persons (2 Peter 2:9-10).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's amazing how people just don't read before they speak,
John 15:15 "Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you." (NOW JOHN 15:16)
John 15:16 "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you."

THESE DISCIPLES HAVE ALRERADY COME/ANSWER GOD'S CALL FOR THE WORK, FOR HIS REASON. and one see the reason for their chosing. now lets see if this chosing.
2 Peter 1:2 "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,"
2 Peter 1:3 "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:"
2 Peter 1:4 "Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust."
2 Peter 1:5 "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;"
2 Peter 1:6 "And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;"
2 Peter 1:7 "And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity."
2 Peter 1:8 "For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."
2 Peter 1:9 "But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins."
2 Peter 1:10 "Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:"
2 Peter 1:11 "For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

God has "chose" all men because his desire is that all be saved, 1 Timothy 2:3 "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;"
1 Timothy 2:4 "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth."

so from creation all thing was GOOD until "TEMPTATION" came in, which produce a "CHOICE" to OBEY and accept God invintation or not.

God is not going to cram the Holy Ghost down your throat ... unwilling on your part to recieve him... no

if God had already "choosed" by force, there would be no need for Judgment, nor would there be any Sheeps or Goats

that right there tell us that that not everyone is chose of, or BY God .... ONLY, but God didn't lie when he said, 1 Timothy 2:4 "Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.".

God is calling everyday, are we hearing and accepting his call? for the apostle Peter by God himself the Holy Ghost said this, 2 Peter 1:11 "For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

PICJAG.

Thanks for replying, 101G.

First, since the disciples already have come, then Lord Jesus outlines that which all God's children understand, which is that the Word of God brings all His disciples into salvation for He says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) as well as the production of fruit of the Spirit (sanctification) for He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16, refers to both salvation and sanctification) for He continues with "and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit" (John 15:16). All of this could have been spoken in a single breath by the Word of God.

Second, God saw everything was good since the plan of redemption by the Christ was underway, shown in item 2.2. of the orignial post.

Third, you appear to be a universalist because God gets what He desires, and you wrote 'God has "chose" all men because his desire is that all be saved, 1 Timothy 2:3' which, to quote you again, 'it's amazing how people just don't read before they speak," since it applies to you.

Please see next post for more.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's amazing how
...snip
Examining 1 Timothy 2:4
  1. The word "all' occurs in various passages in the Bible. Let's examine 2 particular occurrences, 1 Timothy 2:4 and Acts 1:21
  2. Why Acts 1:21, one might ask, well, it relates to a broader scope.
    1. The Apostle John recorded the supper that preceded the crucifixion in John chapters 13-17
    2. Among the supper discourse, Lord Jesus says several important things:
      1. "You did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16, includes salvation and sanctification)
      2. "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation)
      3. "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever; [that is] the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see Him or know Him, [but] you know Him because He abides with you and will be in you" (John 14:16-17)
    3. Lord Jesus uses the word "you" repeatedely throughout John chapters 13-17, including the above quotations
    4. Lord Jesus promised the Holy Spirit to the audience represented in the word "you"
    5. Lord Jesus declared that no member represented in the audience of "you" can choose Jesus, but Jesus exclusively chooses every member represented in the audience of "you"
    6. Every member represented in the audience of "you" is saved from the wrath of God (John 6:29, John 15:16, John 3:36)
    7. Lord Jesus addresses the audience of all believers in all time (see also more of the Word of God integrating all believers in all time at the supper)
  3. Enter Acts 1:21
    1. After the Christ's ascension, the disciples specifically identified Matthias and Joseph as two men who "accompanied us all the time" - see that it is "all" the time they were with Jesus as described by the Apostle Peter here:

"'Therefore it is necessary that of the men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us - one of these [must] become a witness with us of His resurrection.' So they put forward two men, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias." (Acts 1:21-23)

2. In the room occupied by Jesus' disciples who put forward Matthias and Joseph were many apostles including Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon the Zealot, and Judas the son of James (Acts 1:13)
    3. The Apostle Peter's description in Acts 1:21 clearly puts Joseph and Matthias in the supper room covered in John chapters 13-17
    4. The Apostle Peter said "all" - that is "all the time" in Acts 1:21
  4. I repeatedly encountered self willed Arminians/self-willians (2 Peter 2:9-10) who claim that the "all" mentioned by Peter in Acts 1:21 does not mean that Joseph and Matthias were present during the time in the supper room covered in John 13-17; furthermore, this is part of their attempt to confine the "you" mentioned by Lord Jesus as recorded in John 15:16 to the apostles only - strictly and exclusively constrained to the apostles from among the disciples as recorded when He chose the twelve (Luke 6:13)
  5. Enter 1 Timothy 2:4
    1. The Apostle Paul wrote that God "desires all men to be saved" in 1 Timothy 2:4
    2. the self-willians assert that the "all" means every single person without exception
  6. Duplicity exposed
    1. The self-willians strongly assert "all" does not mean "all" in "all the time" for Acts 1:21
    2. The self-willians strongly assert "all" does mean "all" in "all men" for 1 Timothy 2:4
    3. Self-willians are inconsistent in applying the rules of language and literary style
  7. Properly exegeting, 1 Timothy 2:4
    1. can be exegeted as 1 Timothy 2:4
      1. presents constraints for the word "all"
        SO "all" means all types of people because of qualification placed on the "all" in 1 Timothy 2:4

BASED upon the broader passage by Paul about prayers "be made on behalf of all men, for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life" (1 Timothy 2:1-2)

AND Paul wrote "kings"

AND he wrote "all who are in authority"

AND he wrote "all men" (includes types of people that are not "kings")

AND he wrote "we" (being believers)

THUS multiple types are evident in 1 Timothy 2:4

2. does not state "who desires all men choose to be saved"
      3. does not state "who desires all men willpower to be saved"
      4. does state "who desires all men to be saved"
        THEREFORE, 1 Timothy 2:4 conveys NOT OF MAN rather OF GOD (John 1:12-13, Romans 9:16)

BASED on the above explanation of Truth about 1 Timothy 2:4, it is deceptive for Arminians to use the passage as a free will proof text

5. A key take away of Paul's writing is for prayer
        1. In the letter to Timothy, him being a believer, this is a key component
        2. Even prayer for the lost and unsaved
    2. can also be exegeted in the broader scope, let's visit 1 Timothy 2:1-8

verse 1 First of all, then, I urge that entreaties [and] prayers, petitions [and] thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,

verse 2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.

verse 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,

verse 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

verse 5 For there is one God, [and] one mediator also between God and men, [the] man Christ Jesus,

verse 6 who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony [given] at the proper time.

verse 7 For this I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I am telling the truth, I am not lying) as a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.

verse 8 Therefore I want the men in every place to pray, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and dissension.

1 Timothy 2:1-8
    1. continued in post 102

Last edited:

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blah, blah, blah...Your personal accusation toward me...blah, blah, blah...Irrelevant!

I was guessing you have a portion of your Brain that functions properly and could figure out from Scripture things that were said and done....and then comprehend what Terms men have devised to apply to things Revealed IN Scripture.

I never Said: I was quoting the Term "FREEWILL" from Scripture!
So your accusation of me "changing" Scripture is your own failure to understand what "changing" Scripture means.

God Announced Adam had "become like God"...exclusively regarding...
God Knows What IS Good and What is Evil...
And God Acknowledge "that Likeness"...
Became mankind's Likeness. ( at the Point Adam ate from the Tree of Good AND Evil).

* Adam was Naturally CREATED with the "Ability TO Make Choices".

MAKING CHOICES...is FREEWILL!

noun: freewill
... the ability to act at one's own discretion.

* God was Teaching Adam; GOOD Knowledge!
* Adam WAS already MAKING Choices : from ONLY Good Knowledge.

God presented Animals to Adam...
Adam used his own "Freewill", to choose Names of what the Animals would be Called.

God presented Adam with a Female...
Adam used his own"FREEWILL" to choose a Name the Female would be Called.

Men have been using their FREEWILL since the beginning of mankind, to Freely, by their Will, calls Things what they will and make things what the will and Do Things what they will.

What BECAME different for Adam, (and passed down to Every man, by Man's SEED)
IS the Knowledge...

Adam was Created and then ONLY HEARD Good Knowledge From our Great Good God.

Adam aside from freely naming animals and the female...used his FREEWILL to Choose to eat from a Tree God directed Adam in Goodness to Stay AWAY From, and instead Enjoy eating from every other Tree IN the Garden.

Adam Decided to Freely Choose to Eat from the Tree...
The Tree Expressly called "the Tree of KNOWLEDGE "of" Good AND Evil.

Adam freely ate from the Tree.
It was Adams Freewill Choice.
God didn't Stop Adam.

See the name of the Tree???? Knowledge!

Not a Tree of Free Choice (which is Freewill) that Adam already had when he was Created. Adams FREEWILL was already exhibited by Adam Choosing names for the animals, for the female and for choosing to eat from a Tree God WARNED (NOT prohibited) Warned Adam Not to Eat from.

The Tree of Knowledge simply INTRODUCED mankind ....to more Choices...specifically Choices of Good things to freely Choose...or Evil things to freely Choose.

The WARNINGS for Results of mankind's FREE WILL Choices are All through Scripture.

Freely Choosing Good Things ... is Encouraged in Scripture Because it Glorifies God...

Freely Choosing Evil Things ...is discouraged in Scripture Because it Does NOT Glorify God.

God can direct a willing man who desires to be a Glorifying servant To God...

And God can reject a man who has freely chosen to Reject God.

Why you think men do Not make FREEWILL choices ... is complete ignorance to me.

God already Knows What men WILL choose...
But dude God did not drag you to an alter and Force you to Choose Him.

Individuals make their own Freewill Choices...
No one can force their will on you and Make you Confess Belief or Make you Confess to Not Believe.

Plenty of men can Influence you, to believe or not...but it is still your own Freewill that God will Accept or Reject.

Open your Eyes, the whole World is Filled With the DIVISION of men who have Freely Chosen to Believe in God and men who have Freely Chosen to Reject Belief in God.

A directive...of WHEN...to choose
Josh 24:
[15] ...choose you this day whom ye will serve; ...

A Good teaching...of WHAT...to choose
1 Thes 1:
[4]...your election of God

Glory to God,
Taken

You wrote "The Tree Expressly called the Tree of KNOWLEDGE of Good AND Evil. Adam freely ate from the Tree. It was Adams Freewill Choice."

You words try to endow Adam with free will to choose between good and evil BEFORE Adam knew what good and evil was.

Here is item 2.3. of the original post which illuminates the situation in the creation account with scripture references:

The timeline of Adam knowing good and evil

BEFORE Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

THEN Adam and Eve knew not good and evil

AFTER Adam and Eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

THEN Adam and Eve knew good and evil

FOR the delineation is clarified when God said "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil" (Genesis 3:22)

YET based on the Word of God saying "has become" recorded in Genesis 3:22

THEN Adam did not know good and evil before eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

SO Adam did not know good and evil when God issued the command "from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat from it you will surely die!" (Genesis 2:17)

THEREFORE at the time of eating, Adam listened and followed the last that he heard about the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

WHICH Adam heard from Eve

FOR God said "Because you have listened to the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree about which I commanded you, saying, 'You shall not eat from it'" (Genesis 3:17)

SO Adam listened to Eve and Adam ate from the tree prior to knowing good and evil

AND a person does good by obeying God; on the other hand, a person does evil by disobeying God

SO free will choosing of good or choosing of evil is not the context

AND action is the context

SINCE good and evil are not known to Adam prior to eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil

THEREFORE it follows that Adam was not endowed with the attribute of free will

Nothing in the Word of God states that Adam was made with free will to make choices, that is you, Taken, adding to scripture.

A word about thoughts, Taken. It is written, "'For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,' declares the LORD. 'For [as] the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.'" (Isaiah 55:8-9).

A word about adding to scripture as you have done, Taken. It is written "do not add to His words or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar" (Proverbs 30:6), and the above shows where you added to scripture.

Of the new Jerusalem, the Apostle John wrote "nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life" (Revelation 21:27) - notice that no one who practices lying, Taken, gets in.

Last edited: