Was Adam Imparted Free Will From The Beginning Of Creation?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one ever saved themselves. God convicts and God saves. But not by force. They still have a real choice.

While it's true that no one saves themselves, that's not what you think because you think that a person MUST DO A WORK OF CHOOSING JESUS, YET ANOTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE WORK OF CHOOSING JESUS GOES TO HELL.

THEREFORE, a guy that chose Jesus saves himself, yet a gal that did not choose Jesus condemns herself.

SO, the guy saved himself because without his choosing of Jesus, then he'd be just like that gal.

Still, no free will written in the creation account (Genesis 1:1-31 Genesis 2:1- 25 Genesis 3:1-24), with Paul in accord for he conveyed that Adam “not willingly” subjected creation to futility by eating of the tree forbidden for eating since Paul included all time prior to Paul’s birth by his writing “until now” (Romans 8:20-22).

“YHWH is righteous in all his ways and holy in all his works” (Psalm 145:17).

THE ALL KNOWING GOD (JOHN 16:30) GETS EXCLUSIVE CREDIT AND GLORY FOR MAN’S SALVATION (JOHN 3:3-8), AND MAN DOES NOTHING - NOT EVEN A CHOICE (JOHN 15:16).

The Redemption of Mankind through the Christ is certain, even before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:1-14).

"What I have said, that I will bring about; what I have planned, that I will do" (Isaiah 46:11).

No purpose of God's can be thwarted (Job 42:2).

Just as the original post shows richly in scripture, Adam was not imparted free will, and no man thereafter was imparted free will either.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You missed the point, he had chosen those 11 for a certain purpose, has nothing to do with being chosen for salvation that's not even in context but some try to squeeze it in.

So, you claim Jesus said "What I say to you I do not say to all" (thoughts of BeyondET and @Renniks), yet Jesus truly says "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37):; therefore, you LIE about the Word of God.

Furthermore, Jesus did not say "You eleven did not choose Me, but I chose you eleven" (thoughts of BeyondET and Renniks), yet Jesus truly says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16); therefore, you LIE about the Word of God, again.

Moreover, Jesus did not say "I did not choose you out of the world" (thoughts of BeyondET and Renniks purporting that it's not about salvation), yet Jesus truly says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation); therefore, you LIE about the Word of God, yet again.

Now, let's look at who else beyond the 11 who Jesus tells that Jesus chose.

The disciples specifically identified Matthias and Joseph as two men who "accompanied us all the time" - see that it is all the time they were with Jesus as described here:

"'Therefore it is necessary that of the men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us - one of these [must] become a witness with us of His resurrection.' So they put forward two men, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias." (Acts 1:21-23)

In the upper room occupied by Jesus' disciples who put forward Matthias and Joseph were Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon the Zealot, and Judas the son of James (Acts 1:13), and these disciples recognized Matthias and Joseph as disciples that were with them from the beginning, and not a single disciple contradicted Peter's prounouncement of "men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us".

Joanna, Susanna, Salome, Mary, and Cleopas and his traveling companion to Emmaus - every one of these individuals are mentioned in close temporal proximity to the time of supper in John chapters 13-17.

Thus, Matthias and Joseph are at least two more people beyond the eleven (and twelve for part of the supper) who are specifically identified at the supper covered in John chapters 13-17.

Lord Jesus Christ's words of "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and His words of "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) include all His own, His chosen persons, in all time, regardless of when such persons are born.

Still, no free will written in the creation account (Genesis 1:1-31 Genesis 2:1- 25 Genesis 3:1-24), with Paul in accord for he conveyed that Adam “not willingly” subjected creation to futility by eating of the tree forbidden for eating since Paul included all time prior to Paul’s birth by his writing “until now” (Romans 8:20-22).

THE ALL KNOWING GOD (JOHN 16:30) GETS EXCLUSIVE CREDIT AND GLORY FOR MAN’S SALVATION (JOHN 3:3-8), AND MAN DOES NOTHING - NOT EVEN A CHOICE (JOHN 15:16).

The Redemption of Mankind through the Christ is certain, even before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:1-14).

"What I have said, that I will bring about; what I have planned, that I will do" (Isaiah 46:11).

Just as the original post shows richly in scripture, Adam was not imparted free will, and no man thereafter was imparted free will either.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free will is all through the scriptures.
And there's no difference between self will and free will. Self will can't exist if God is causing everything, BTW, that's self-evident.

Reactions: BeyondET

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THEREFORE, a guy that chose Jesus saves himself, yet a gal that did not choose Jesus condemns herself.
Nope. No one saves themselves. Because no one dies for themself, and even if they could they would not be the perfect sacrifice.
Believing is a condition for salvation not salvation itself.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you claim Jesus said "What I say to you I do not say to all" (thoughts of BeyondET and @Renniks), yet Jesus truly says "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37):; therefore, you LIE about the Word of God.

Furthermore, Jesus did not say "You eleven did not choose Me, but I chose you eleven" (thoughts of BeyondET and Renniks), yet Jesus truly says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16); therefore, you LIE about the Word of God, again.

Moreover, Jesus did not say "I did not choose you out of the world" (thoughts of BeyondET and Renniks purporting that it's not about salvation), yet Jesus truly says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation); therefore, you LIE about the Word of God, yet again.

The disciples specifically identified Matthias and Joseph as two men who "accompanied us all the time" - see that it is all the time they were with Jesus as described here:

"'Therefore it is necessary that of the men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us - one of these [must] become a witness with us of His resurrection.' So they put forward two men, Joseph called Barsabbas (who was also called Justus), and Matthias." (Acts 1:21-23)

In the upper room occupied by Jesus' disciples who put forward Matthias and Joseph were Peter and John and James and Andrew, Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon the Zealot, and Judas the son of James (Acts 1:13), and these disciples recognized Matthias and Joseph as disciples that were with them from the beginning, and not a single disciple contradicted Peter's prounouncement of "men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us - beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us".

Joanna, Susanna, Salome, Mary, and Cleopas and his traveling companion to Emmaus - every one of these individuals are mentioned in close temporal proximity to the time of supper in John chapters 13-17.

Thus, Matthias and Joseph are at least two more people beyond the eleven (and twelve for part of the supper) who are specifically identified at the supper covered in John chapters 13-17.

Lord Jesus Christ's words of "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) and His words of "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation) include all His own, His chosen persons, in all time, regardless of when such persons are born.

The choosing mentioned here was not even about salvation.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Free will is all through the scriptures.

And there's no difference between self will and free will. Self will can't exist if God is causing everything, BTW, that's self-evident.

Renniks, in a respect, you are correct that "there's no difference between self will and free will", and that respect is that both self will and free will lead to hell.

Now, instead of listening to yourself lie with "Free will is all through the scriptures", you need to listen to Apostolic testimony shown below.

Peter the Apostle wrote that prior to being saved, people have a self will that brings the subject under damnation with the devil according to the Apostle Peter (2 Peter 2:2-9).

Paul the Apostle wrote that after being saved, people have a will that is bound under the loving control of God according to the Apostle Paul (Philippians 2:13).

Here's Paul from the Bible, again.
Overall, Paul uses free will as illusory instead of concrete in Philemon 1:14.- and this is the only occurrence of "free will" that I am aware of in the New American Standard Bible New Testament.

Renniks, you do not have a free will, as described by Paul.

Renniks, you do have a self will, as described by Peter.

Renniks, you gleefully separate yourself from God's will and the Christ of us Christians Who says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation). We Christians in God's Spirit have a will bound in joy and love to God, as described by Paul.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. No one saves themselves. Because no one dies for themself, and even if they could they would not be the perfect sacrifice.

Believing is a condition for salvation not salvation itself.

No, Renniks, you think that choosing Jesus is requisite for salvation.

Believing is a work of God for the Word of God says "This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent" (John 6:29).

While it's true that no one saves themselves, that's not what you think because YOU THINK A PERSONMUST DO A WORK OF CHOOSING JESUS, YET ANOTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE WORK OF CHOOSING JESUS GOES TO HELL.

SO, the guy saved himself because without his choosing of Jesus, then he'd be just like that gal.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The choosing mentioned here was not even about salvation.

You LIE because Jesus says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

So, you claim Jesus said "What I say to you I do not say to all" (thoughts of BeyondET and Renniks), yet Jesus truly says "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37):; therefore, you LIE about the Word of God.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You LIE because Jesus says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation).

So, you claim Jesus said "What I say to you I do not say to all" (thoughts of BeyondET and Renniks), yet Jesus truly says "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37):; therefore, you LIE about the Word of God.

Judas was chosen... Was he saved?

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would Jesus say that if we have no freedom to do anything?

That's like saying "wake up" to a dead man.

"He came up and touched the coffin; and the bearers came to a halt. And He said, 'Young man, I say to you, arise!' The dead man sat up and began to speak" (Luke 7:14-15).

Do you mean something like that, Renniks?

To answer your question, Jesus does things to bring glory to God, for example the above mentioned passage continues about the witnesses "they began glorifying God" (Luke 7:16).

You desire to glorify yourself by way of your purported free will choosing of Jesus. "Oh, look at what Renniks did, he chose Jesus".

Indeed, Jesus speaks to all believers in all time when He says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation). Behold, the Way (John 14:6).

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believing isn't a work.

You need to read your Bible instead of cherry picking little pieces of verses.

Lord Jesus says "This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent" (John 6:29) as proclaimed to you in the post to which you replied, yet you rebelliously wrote "Believing isn't a work".

Choosing is a work because the mind (or heart) is working on the choice. When a choice is announced, then the mind and muscles work to produce the words "I choose Jesus".

As I wrote before, you reject Jesus and do not receive Jesus' sayings - Jesus says "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48)

Renniks, you think that choosing Jesus is requisite for salvation.

Believing is a work of God for the Word of God says "This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent" (John 6:29).

While it's true that no one saves themselves, that's not what you think because YOU THINK A PERSON MUST DO A WORK OF CHOOSING JESUS, YET ANOTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE WORK OF CHOOSING JESUS GOES TO HELL.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judas was chosen... Was he saved?

By God's grace, here's a hint for you, but you really need to read the Word of God.

Judas was not there when Jesus says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19).

So, you aeem to lack repentance of you claim Jesus said "What I say to you I do not say to all" (thoughts of BeyondET and Renniks), yet Jesus truly says "What I say to you I say to all" (Mark 13:37):; therefore, you LIE about the Word of God.

The disciples specifically identified Matthias and Joseph as two men who "accompanied us all the time" - see that it is all the time they were with Jesus as described in scripture previously presented to you. That's more than the eleven, Renniks.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. No one can save himself.

He can only cooperate with God and then God does the saving.

Wrong, the guy is unsaved until the guy makes a free will decision, until the guy chooses Jesus.

If the guy does not choose Jesus, then the guy remains unsaved. Being saved depends on the "choice".

Now, to remind you the context for the above.

While it's true that no one saves themselves, that's not what you think because YOU THINK A PERSONMUST DO A WORK OF CHOOSING JESUS, YET ANOTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE WORK OF CHOOSING JESUS GOES TO HELL.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You desire to glorify yourself by way of your purported free will choosing of Jesus. "Oh, look at what Renniks did, he chose Jesus".
Nope. I desire to show that God is just, unlike the monster god who damns people who have no choices.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Judas was not there when Jesus says "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19).
In the book of Mark: chapter three and verse 14:
And He appointed the twelve: Simon (to whom He gave the name Peter)” and then verse 19 says, “and Judas Iscariot, who betrayed Him.”
John 6:68-71 Simon Peter answered, “Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. We have come to believe and know that You are the Holy One of God!” Jesus replied to them, “Didn’t I choose you, the Twelve? Yet one of you is the Devil!” He was referring to Judas, Simon Iscariot’s son, one of the Twelve, because he was going to betray Him.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord Jesus says "This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent" (John 6:29) as proclaimed to you in the post to which you replied, yet you rebelliously wrote "Believing isn't a work".

Choosing is a work because the mind (or heart) is working on the choice. When a choice is announced, then the mind and muscles work to produce the words "I choose Jesus".

As I wrote before, you reject Jesus and do not receive Jesus' sayings - Jesus says "He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day" (John 12:48)

While it's true that no one saves themselves, that's not what you think because YOU THINK A PERSON MUST DO A WORK OF CHOOSING JESUS, YET ANOTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE WORK OF CHOOSING JESUS GOES TO HELL.

"Yet we know that a person is not justified by works of the law but through faith in Jesus Christ, so we also have believed in Christ Jesus, in order to be justified by faith in Christ and not by works of the law, because by works of the law no one will be justified."

See the distinction between faith and works?
And yet, you try to make them the same thing.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm, that's still a name I don't recognize from the Bible.

Here's a name from the Bible, Peter the Apostle, and Peter wrote that prior to being saved, people have a self will that brings the subject under damnation with the devil according to the Apostle Peter (2 Peter 2:2-9).

Here's another name from the Bible, Paul the Apostle, and Paul wrote that after being saved, people have a will that is bound under the loving control of God according to the Apostle Paul (Philippians 2:13).

Here's Paul from the Bible, again.
Overall, Paul uses free will as illusory instead of concrete in Philemon 1:14.- and this is the only occurrence of "free will" that I am aware of in the New American Standard Bible New Testament.

BeyondET, you do not have a free will, as described by Paul.

BeyondET, you do have a self will, as described by Peter.

BeyondET, you gleefully separate yourself from God's will and the Christ of us Christians Who says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16) as well as "I chose you out of the world" (John 15:19, includes salvation). We Christians in God's Spirit have a will bound in joy and love to God, as described by Paul.

That was a predictable answer, doing your own thing like alittle Calvin spin off.