Was It Worth It?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was it worth it?

• Total voters

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
No country has ever been run on forgiveness or non resistence...that is not the way nations work,never has been and never will be...Afghanistan is just like most all American military involvement since WW2...pointless and meaning less except to those who made money off of it while sending young men off to die telling them it was all for America and America's freedom...meanwhile we get the patriot act,the defense authorization act and the rapidly developing total surveillance state...yeah,what a fabulous success it has been.....your veiws are an excellent arguement for the seperation of church and state

Axehead

May 9, 2012
No country has ever been run on forgiveness or non resistence...that is not the way nations work,never has been and never will be...Afghanistan is just like most all American military involvement since WW2...pointless and meaning less except to those who made money off of it while sending young men off to die telling them it was all for America and America's freedom...meanwhile we get the patriot act,the defense authorization act and the rapidly developing total surveillance state...yeah,what a fabulous success it has been.....your veiws are an excellent arguement for the seperation of church and state

Strat, I think you are right. No kingdom of this world has ever been run on forgiveness or non-resistance.

At first I thought Switzerland would prove us wrong, but though they have a long history of neutrality they were in a state of war prior to 1815.

Axehead

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
Strat, I think you are right. No kingdom of this world has ever been run on forgiveness or non-resistance.

At first I thought Switzerland would prove us wrong, but though they have a long history of neutrality they were in a state of war prior to 1815.

Axehead

Their neutrality was respected had it not been non resistence would have resulted in no more Switzerland.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
"Neutrality" is an interesting word, because in WWII they helped both the Axis and the Allies. And they shot down 11 or so Luftwaffe planes. Switzerland was also used as an espionage base by both the Axis and the Allies. Did you know that they have a military and conscription begins at age 19? Most people don't know they have an Army and Air Force (with F18 Hornets).

Swiss Army. MOWAG Eagle III artillery observer vehicle. Participating in the "Steel Parade" of the 2006 Army Days, Thun.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/45/SKdt-Fahrzeug_-_Schweizer_Armee_-_Steel_Parade_2006.jpg

Axehead

May 9, 2012
I agree with Aspen that it was not worth it, lesjude. What has been accomplished over there? There have been more Army suicides this year than men killed in Afghanistan and the Lord only knows how all the families (wives, mothers and children) have been ravaged by this war that we are fighting on the other side of the globe.

The only thing the U.S.learned is that the enemy is tough and resilient and they cannot conquer them. The U.S. should have learned something from the Russian involvement in Afghanistan.