Was James confused?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Jews were given the promises and the my all yes in Jesus.

We are grafted in to their promises.
No we are not. The promises were made to the Jews only. If you knew anything about grafting you would know that what is grafted in does not become like the original plant it is grafted into. It only feeds off the root of the original plant. Check it out!!!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No we are not. The promises were made to the Jews only. If you knew anything about grafting you would know that what is grafted in does not become like the original plant it is grafted into. It only feeds off the root of the original plant. Check it out!!!
man, i feel for you bro, i see you are not willing to let this strange doctrine go, and will keep insisting that God respects persons. I hope you are able to overcome this.

Reactions: GodsGrace

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
man, i feel for you bro, i see you are not willing to let this strange doctrine go, and will keep insisting that God respects persons. I hope you are able to overcome this.

I never said that God respects persons. Under grace all men are on a level playing field. All mankind can chose to believe in their religions or in what Jesus did on the cross. You have chosen the theology of the religious based on lies.

Feel sorry for yourself.

Reactions: Armadillo and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

I never said that God respects persons. Under grace all men are on a level playing field. All mankind can chose to believe in their religions or in what Jesus did on the cross. You have chosen the theology of the religious based on lies.

Feel sorry for yourself.
so you say, but i can't help but feel that milk is being mixed with meat here.
And apologies if you felt denigrated there, i did not mean that.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@mjrhealth
I remember a saying my old dad used all the time.."a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." You are banging your head against a wall.

They all claim works...but none will say that they are perfect yet or becoming more righteous daily.
To me..it is almost blasphemous, in declaring that man can do today that which no man but Jesus has ever done!!! Yet they keep on insisting that people MUST do it (law) knowing full well that THEY themselves cannot!! How twisted it that. :rolleyes:

Sorry, you and @H. Richard are on your own...I am outta here....
They like they deception that they can keep God's laws and need to.
None so blind as those who refuse to see.
And what does that say about the price of The Cross!!! :oops:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@mjrhealth
I remember a saying my old dad used all the time.."a man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still." You are banging your head against a wall.

They all claim works...but none will say that they are perfect yet or becoming more righteous daily.
To me..it is almost blasphemous, in declaring that man can do today that which no man but Jesus has ever done!!! Yet they keep on insisting that people MUST do it (law) knowing full well that THEY themselves cannot!! How twisted it that. :rolleyes:

Sorry, you and @H. Richard are on your own...I am outta here....
They like they deception that they can keep God's laws and need to.
None so blind as those who refuse to see.
And what does that say about the price of The Cross!!! :oops:

Not doing it for them,

Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Mat 23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
Mat 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Jesus starts on the inside so it shows on the outside, man starts on teh outside but that cant change the inside.

Reactions: Armadillo

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's correct.
Define the root system and what it represents.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Not doing it for them,

Mat 23:25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.
Mat 23:26 Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.
Mat 23:27 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
Mat 23:28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

Jesus starts on the inside so it shows on the outside, man starts on teh outside but that cant change the inside.
There you go again mj.
The one who believes in grace,
is the one being judgemental.
Remember, I told you to pay attention???
You're not doing it!

I do agree with your last sentence:
Jesus starts on the inside so it shows on the outside, man starts on teh outside but that cant change the inside

However, do you know if I'm working from the inside or the outside?
It sure seems like you do. You must have god-like powers.

Pay attention!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There you go again mj.
The one who believes in grace,
is the one being judgemental.
Remember, I told you to pay attention???
You're not doing it!
To you, there is nothing you can teach me that God cannot, I have a teacher is is not man with mens ideas, He came from God not mens religions, you should listen to Him sometime.

Luk_9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
To you, there is nothing you can teach me that God cannot, I have a teacher is is not man with mens ideas, He came from God not mens religions, you should listen to Him sometime.

Luk_9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
You don't remember my post.
I wasn't trying to teach you anything.

I said...
Those who claim to be under grace are the most unkind and judgemental persons on this board.

Those who claim to adhere to the law are the nicest persons on this board and are never judgemental.

I had asked you to pay attention and you would notice this.
YOU have done this a few times since then, and others that believe as you do.

It's an interesting observation.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Do you hear Him?
Please show me where Jesus said that the law is abolished.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you hear Him?
Please show me where Jesus said that the law is abolished.
Actually yes I do, that bit about my sheep, and as for the law being abolished, this is not what that is about, the law is good, it is there for teh sinners to give them rules to govern them which they break everyday, in deed and thought.

But you are supposed to walk in Love, does love need rules, do you not understand Love,? Any one who screams out God "demands obedience has no concept of love,
you know this bit,

1Co_13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co_13:8 Charity never faileth:

You know how Love never fails but teh law,

Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

it failed, it failed to bring anyone to righteousness, only Christ full filled all the requirement no one else ever will not even you.

And yet while you are here demanding everyone falls over a stumbling block that "you" have set up in place, many are going before God, simply because they stand there covered in the righteousness of Christ, they who are no better than anyone else here on this forum, but have faith to believe. So you loose out, because you are keeping your sin, between you and God and wont let Him in, it is not His doing. Everthing Christ did, was so we could appear before God, and when God sees us, He sees us through teh rightousness of His son, but you..

Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
Luk_11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

You are stopping people from entering in, with your laws....

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I said...
Those who claim to be under grace are the most unkind and judgemental persons on this board.
And those under the law will always remain under condemnation, because that is what teh law does.

Those who claim to adhere to the law are the nicest persons on this board and are never judgemental.
Nice people dont go to heaven, teh devil can be really "nice" too when he needs to be.

Reactions: Helen

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are blaspheming God by using the God-breathed Scriptures (from the Bible which you consider to be an idol) to proclaim the teacher who you say "came from God" and meets with you in person, face to face; whom you also believe, follow and worship.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are blaspheming God by using the God-breathed Scriptures (from the Bible which you consider to be an idol) to proclaim the teacher who you say "came from God" and meets with you in person, face to face; whom you also believe, follow and worship.
is all that you do, come here to fire bullets at everyone, I have never seeing you post anything, just kill and run away. But Jesus expected no less, thank goodness for His grace..

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Actually yes I do, that bit about my sheep, and as for the law being abolished, this is not what that is about, the law is good, it is there for teh sinners to give them rules to govern them which they break everyday, in deed and thought.

But you are supposed to walk in Love, does love need rules, do you not understand Love,? Any one who screams out God "demands obedience has no concept of love,
you know this bit,

1Co_13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co_13:8 Charity never faileth:

You know how Love never fails but teh law,

Rom_8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

it failed, it failed to bring anyone to righteousness, only Christ full filled all the requirement no one else ever will not even you.

And yet while you are here demanding everyone falls over a stumbling block that "you" have set up in place, many are going before God, simply because they stand there covered in the righteousness of Christ, they who are no better than anyone else here on this forum, but have faith to believe. So you loose out, because you are keeping your sin, between you and God and wont let Him in, it is not His doing. Everthing Christ did, was so we could appear before God, and when God sees us, He sees us through teh rightousness of His son, but you..

Luk_11:46 And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
Luk_11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

You are stopping people from entering in, with your laws....
You haven't posted a verse that says the law has been done away with.
So this means the law still exists and we are to OBEY the law, as God would want us to.

As to my stopping persons from entering because of the laws:
WHICH laws would those be?

I've posted this verse many times --- here it is again.
You should really read it.

Mathew 5:19

New International Version
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

P.S. Please post a verse from the N.T. that declares that we are no longer to obey God and His laws.

Please explain which laws I'm using to stop persons from entering the Kingdom of God.

Thanks.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New International Version
Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
@H. Richard , you might respond to this to clarify what you mean about James perhaps? I would ask @Armadillo how this fits into his dogma, too.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
They might also want to try what Paul says regarding obedience here:
I doubt there'll be an answer...

2 Corinthians 6:16-7:1

16 Or what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; just as God said, "I WILL DWELL IN THEM AND WALK AMONG THEM; AND I WILL BE THEIR GOD, AND THEY SHALL BE MY PEOPLE.
17 "Therefore, COME OUT FROM THEIR MIDST AND BE SEPARATE," says the Lord. "AND DO NOT TOUCH WHAT IS UNCLEAN; And I will welcome you.
18 "And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty.

7:1
Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.