Was James confused?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Your desperation is showing.
hmm, might be, but i am not the one ignoring pointed questions repeatedly asked by many, either, at least not that i am aware of. All i have is a perspective/opinion/belief here, and i am not much attached even to it. Please dismantle my belief if you can, i urge you to destroy it if you are able.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Your LOVE is really showing A.
Just like it shows in all those that agree with you.
IOW, it doesn't show much for as often as you speak about love,
IT DOES NOT SHOW.

So, instead of saying silly things and just putting everyone down,
how about answering some posts and explaining some verses?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
hmm. imo the silence speaks for itself here i guess. If he is going to dodge every time the obvious is pointed out, that is the answer to his understanding. Satan has left the building here, iow. Meaning "adversary" in this case of course.

This is obvious.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Your LOVE is really showing A.
Just like it shows in all those that agree with you.
IOW, it doesn't show much for as often as you speak about love,
IT DOES NOT SHOW.

So, instead of saying silly things and just putting everyone down,
how about answering some posts and explaining some verses?
Emelda Marcos "loved love," too, ya. I guess she just loved shoes a lot more!

Reactions: GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Emelda Marcos "loved love," too, ya. I guess she just loved shoes a lot more!
Ya!

YHSXn.jpg

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
There would be much to say.
Do sins have grades?
Is some sin greater than another sin?

According to 1 John 5:16-17, it would appear that there are. Also, as there is much more to the instruction than just the "10".

We know that there is the unforgiveable sin: The blaspheming of the Holy Spirit - or denying Jesus.

I primarily go with the Mark 3:28-30 usage.

1 Peter 1:16-17 tell us that we should be holy as the Father is holy.

Which can also be seen in Lev 11:44-45 amoung other places. And 1 Peter 2:9 comes from Exodus 19:6.

And that we should conduct ourselves in fear (respect) toward God while we are on THE EARTH.

Phi 2:12 So then, my beloved, even as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;

We could understand the "annulling of the least of these commandments" in two ways:
One is to believe that there are grades to sin. Stealing is less than murder.
Another is to believe that when one continually sins there comes a time when that sin annuls the commandment and is no longer forgiveable.

As you are currently only using the "10" as your baseline or standard, there is much more to be considered in order to fully comprehend this imo. Let's consider Leviticus 15:19-27, would that be a "sin" unto death or reason for exclusion if it was not taught?

However I do agree with your last statement, as does the author of the book of Hebrews, and Jesus himself "Go and sin no more, lest a worse thing befall you".

In Mathew 5:19 Jesus speaks of the KINGDOM OF GOD.

Check your Bible. It is Kingdom of Heaven in both the WH and the TR. I can check others if you would like. (Westcott-Hort / Textus Receptus)

<snip continuation of that thought>

But in Mathew 5:19 Jesus clearly means that those who teach to annul the commandments will be the least here ON EARTH, in the Kingdom of God

It specifically states "Kingdom of Heaven". In the Beatitudes which you love, some will inherit the "Kingdom of Heaven" and others the "earth".

But Jesus also goes on to say in
Mathew 5:20 that unless our righteousness does not surpass that of the pharisees, we will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
In THIS CASE, I believe He means HEAVEN.

I see what you are trying to do. See Matthew 7:21 amoung others.

My last paragraph would have answered your question, but I thought I'd also say that, as we know, the Kingdom does begin here on earth and if we wish to be a member of that Kingdom, we have to abide by its rules. Which would be the rules Jesus left us with.

And again, there is much more to the instruction than simply the "10".

May the eunuch enter the "Kingdom of Heaven"?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
According to what you've written above, if You are a sinner, then the law is for You.

Your understanding of scripture is really in need of some improvement.
No teh law is not for those in Christ, only for those who are not. The sinners who desire teh law more than grace and truth.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No teh law is not for those in Christ, only for those who are not. The sinners who desire teh law more than grace and truth.
mj
You said you're not perfect.
That means you're a sinner.
You said the law is for sinners.
That means it's for you.

Reactions: bbyrd009

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
mj
You said you're not perfect.
That means you're a sinner.
You said the law is for sinners.
That means it's for you.
You really dont get it do you... All baout teh flesh, all about "look at me what I can do", not/ "look at Him and all He has Done"". I guess you have not than made it this far,

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

When you do, sin will no longer be your friend. When the cross is behind you and Jesus is in front of you than you would be dead in Him.

God bless

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If breaking any law is death, why would you encourage anyone to break the law?
Who said anyone was, those are your words not ours, and if to break te hlaw was death why would anyone hold onto a law they cannot keep.?? Especially since it was never given to them.,

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
According to 1 John 5:16-17, it would appear that there are. Also, as there is much more to the instruction than just the "10".
Catholics believe John 5:16-17 is referring to mortal sin.
Protestants don't seem to be sure about what sin that is referring to.
Is it a particular sin or the denying of the Holy Spirit?

As far as the more instruction than just the "10"...what would that be?
Do you mean that there are more laws or do you mean that Jesus moved the law from the mind to the heart -- thus adding to the 10?

I primarily go with the Mark 3:28-30 usage.
I'm good with any usage:
Blaspheming the Holy Spirit: Attributing to the Holy Spirit works of satan, as the Pharisees did...
Mathew 12:24-25

Denying the Holy Spirit thus not accepting God or Jesus as the Son of God.

Which can also be seen in Lev 11:44-45 amoung other places. And 1 Peter 2:9 comes from Exodus 19:6.
Thanks for that.

Phi 2:12 So then, my beloved, even as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;
Yes, this is a great post. But very much rejected by many.
I'd say that the bible is a whole thought, but some like to deny the thoughts they don't care for and pick and choose verses that SEEM to say we've nothing left to do since Jesus did it all.

As you are currently only using the "10" as your baseline or standard, there is much more to be considered in order to fully comprehend this imo. Let's consider Leviticus 15:19-27, would that be a "sin" unto death or reason for exclusion if it was not taught?
Leviticus 15:19-27
19‘When a woman has a discharge, if her discharge in her body is blood, she shall continue in her menstrual impurity for seven days; and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening.
20‘Everything also on which she lies during her menstrual impurity shall be unclean, and everything on which she sits shall be unclean. 21‘Anyone who touches her bed shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening.
22‘Whoever touches any thing on which she sits shall wash hi
s clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening.
23‘Whether it be on the bed or on the thing on which she is sitting, when he touches it, he shall be unclean until evening.
24‘If a man actually lies with her so that her menstrual impurity is on him, he shall be unclean seven days, and every bed on which he lies shall be unclean.
25‘Now if a woman has a discharge of her blood many days, not at the period of her menstrual impurity, or if she has a discharge beyond that period, all the days of her impure discharge she shall continue as though in her menstrual impurity; she is unclean.
26‘Any bed on which she lies all the days of her discharge shall be to her like her bed at menstruation; and every thing on which she sits shall be unclean, like her uncleanness at that time.
27‘Likewise, whoever touches them shall be unclean and shall wash his clothes and bathe in water and be unclean until evening.

We are not expected to keep these laws.
It has nothing to do with salvation or exclusion.
The above is a ceremonial law.
Ceremonial law has been abolished, as has the civil law.

However I do agree with your last statement, as does the author of the book of Hebrews, and Jesus himself "Go and sin no more, lest a worse thing befall you".

Check your Bible. It is Kingdom of Heaven in both the WH and the TR. I can check others if you would like. (Westcott-Hort / Textus Receptus)
It's the Kingdom of Heaven in the NASB also.
And in the YLT it has "reigns of the heavens".

As I said, the terms K of God and K of heaven are used interchangeably
and it creates a bit of a problem. The meaning has to be gleened from the context.

I had studied this a bit when I was doing the Kingdom here on earth.
This is a link I like:
Are the Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven the same? - NeverThirsty

It specifically states "Kingdom of Heaven". In the Beatitudes which you love, some will inherit the "Kingdom of Heaven" and others the "earth".

I see what you are trying to do. See Matthew 7:21 amoung others.
In this case, since Jesus mentions His Father who is in heaven, I believe He is referring to heaven.

And again, there is much more to the instruction than simply the "10".
Please explain. You sound like a Messianic Jew.

May the eunuch enter the "Kingdom of Heaven"?
Of course.
Jesus said so.
Mathew 19:12

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Who said anyone was, those are your words not ours, and if to break te hlaw was death why would anyone hold onto a law they cannot keep.?? Especially since it was never given to them.,
Who is "ours"??
Do you belong to a club?

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You really dont get it do you... All baout teh flesh, all about "look at me what I can do", not/ "look at Him and all He has Done"". I guess you have not than made it this far,

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
Rom 6:8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Rom 6:9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
Rom 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Rom 6:13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

When you do, sin will no longer be your friend. When the cross is behind you and Jesus is in front of you than you would be dead in Him.

God bless
Could you please state some of the things you say I have done?
I don't remember ever doing this...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Could you please state some of the things you say I have done?
I don't remember ever doing this...
Well it is you who have stated that you keep teh law, you have being asked multiple times to show how you do it, for to keep the law one must do it without breaking it, in thought or deed. Teh whole purpose of Jesus being here, so we wont have to. So please explain how you do it.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well it is you who have stated that you keep teh law, you have being asked multiple times to show how you do it, for to keep the law one must do it without breaking it, in thought or deed. Teh whole purpose of Jesus being here, so we wont have to. So please explain how you do it.
I never said I keep the law.
You're mistaken.

I've said that the moral law has not been abolished, per Jesus, and that it must be obeyed.

Some difference, wouldn't you say?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said I keep the law.
You're mistaken.

I've said that the moral law has not been abolished, per Jesus, and that it must be obeyed.

Some difference, wouldn't you say?
Deception. You are on the threads saying a person has to keep commandments. In doing so you leave the impression that you keep commandments.

Show me where Jesus abolished all but the moral law. Jesus never abolished any of the laws.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Deception. You are on the threads saying a person has to keep commandments. In doing so you leave the impression that you keep commandments.

Show me where Jesus abolished all but the moral law. Jesus never abolished any of the laws.
I've come to understand that maybe to some
"keep the commandments" means that one keeps them all.

YOU cannot know what I mean by what I say.
YES. WE ARE TO KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS.

If anyone thinks this means that I keep them all,
so be it.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Jesus didn't abolish any of the law?
So you follow all 613 of the laws in Leviticus and Deuteronomy and Exodus?

Good. You're more of a law keeper than I am.

P.S. It's common knowledge that only the moral law remains.
It's common knowledge that the sun comes up every day.
This does not have to be proven.