Was Jesus a spirit being before coming to earth as a human?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Jesus a spirit being before coming to earth?

• Total voters

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me be more direct what word did the original Bible use for the English word LORD?

Let me be more direct:

Psalms 68:4
Sing to God, sing praises to His name;
Extol Him who rides on the clouds,
By His name YAH,
And rejoice before Him.​

Yah is the King of Israel. ((Isaiah 43:15))
Yah is the only Savior. ((Isaiah 43:11))

Jesus Christ is the King of Israel. ((John 1:49))
Jesus Christ is the only Savior. ((2 Peter 1:1, Acts 4:12))

Either the Bible is broken, the entire NT is blasphemy, or Christ is God.

What about you; Who do you say He is?
you will see the Son of Man riding on the clouds!

Reactions: David in NJ

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have scriptural evidence to support your viewpoint?

i have His evidence living inside me = HIS WORD

When the WORD sanctifies you, then you also will know HIM and you will be HIS witness - Amen

CHRIST was with the SPIRIT GOD as SPIRIT Himself being Eternal Himself.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:1-3

But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:23-24

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God has never changed His name.

Once again, a false doctrine is known by repeated contradictions of Scripture spoken in the zealous haste of a carnal mind:

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
How does three men not knowing what God's name was indicate that God has changed His name? Your logic is flawed.

The Father, who has never left His throne in heaven, as Christ did, never had a name given Him, but only Christ was given names: the Almighty God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, Jehovah LORD, and now Jesus:

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The willful blindness to the name of Jesus being above every name ever named by God and for God, leads to the silliness of trying to make the Lord, lesser than the LORD.
You've been blinded by the erroneous Trinity doctrine into not recognising who Jesus is. God has highly exalted Jesus, but He hasn't exalted Jesus to be above Himself. Jesus is still subject to his Father, Yahweh, and always will be. 1 Corinthians 15:24,27 (WEB):

(24) Then the end comes, when he will deliver up the Kingdom to God, even the Father; when he will have abolished all rule and all authority and power.
(27) For, “He put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when he says, “All things are put in subjection”, it is evident that he is excepted who subjected all things to him.​

Especially, when the name of the Lord Jesus is above the name of the LORD Jehovah,
No it's not!

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
As the Cambridge Bible Notes comments.

I.e. the one making the note had no clue what he was talking about, which proves man's 'scholarship' is but dung compared to Scriptural truth.
I'd prefer arguments based on the Bible rather than statements like "well repected Bible scholars don't know what they're talking about, but I do". But hey ho, what can you do about it?

Of the Canaanite prince.

And Scripture calls Him a Canaanite, where? A prince, where?
A little more from the Cambridge Bible Notes:

12. Jerome (Ep. lxxiii. ad Evangelum), summarizing opinions about Melchizedek, mentions that Origen and Didymus held him to have been an Angel; many others thought he was a Canaanite prince, exercising priestly offices, like “Abel, Enoch, Noah, Job”; the Jews very commonly identified him with Shem. Again, it appears to have been held by some writers, that Melchizedek was a manifestation of the Son; by others, that he was an appearance of the Holy Spirit (cf. Quaest. ex V. et N. Test. Augustini Opera, tom. iii. App. § cix.: ed. Migne, P. L. 35, p. 2329).

Once we leave Scripture to begin our own identification of things in Scripture, we no longer identify with Scripture at all.
Yes, like supposing that Melchizedek was Jesus in temporary human form!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does three men not knowing what God's name was indicate that God has changed His name? Your logic is flawed.

You've been blinded by the erroneous Trinity doctrine into not recognising who Jesus is. God has highly exalted Jesus, but He hasn't exalted Jesus to be above Himself. Jesus is still subject to his Father, Yahweh, and always will be. 1 Corinthians 15:24,27 (WEB):

(24) Then the end comes, when he will deliver up the Kingdom to God, even the Father; when he will have abolished all rule and all authority and power.
(27) For, “He put all things in subjection under his feet.” But when he says, “All things are put in subjection”, it is evident that he is excepted who subjected all things to him.​

No it's not!

Dear Friend - You do not understand the Foundation of Genesis and why the LORD said this to Moses.

Reactions: post

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Esus or YES4us

The 'J' is pronounced like an English Y, because the JW cult interestingly gets their name from a German spelling of a guess at the Tetragrammaton. In German there is no 'J' sound. Their J is pronounced like English 'Y'

It's humorous to me what a big deal they make of themselves but they don't even pronounce the sign on their own door right

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why YHVH said what to Moses?

Before anyone can understand anything we must all start from the Beginning = Genesis

From Genesis comes the Gospel of God and who HE IS and who we are and who satan is and the choices for Truth or Consequences.

This is how God works - HE lays a Firm Foundation of TRUTH that never changes and REMAINS. HE builds on this Firm Foundation for us to know HIM who is the only True Eternal Echad Elohim - Amen

Peace and Blessing to You today Brother in our LORD Jesus Christ - amen

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me be more direct:

By His name YAH,
And rejoice before Him.​

i just saw this Post now - WOWZA - Truth that is worth LIVING for and dying IN.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me be more direct:

By His name YAH,
And rejoice before Him.​

Who did Jesus say he was Post? That should settle it don't you think?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have His evidence living inside me = HIS WORD

When the WORD sanctifies you, then you also will know HIM and you will be HIS witness - Amen

CHRIST was with the SPIRIT GOD as SPIRIT Himself being Eternal Himself.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. John 1:1-3

But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” John 4:23-24

Yes sir, as you pointed out, Jesus said God is a spirit, yet Jesus was flesh. I agree with him sir, and would recommend you worship the God Jesus promoted Dave.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, as you pointed out, Jesus said God is a spirit, yet Jesus was flesh. I agree with him sir, and would recommend you worship the God Jesus promoted Dave.

If we do not worship the Son we cannot worship the Father.

If we delegate the Son to being flesh we do not believe His Word and the Truth is not in us.

Yashua(Jesus) said: John ch6

For this reason the Jews persecuted Jesus, and sought to kill Him, because He had done these things on the Sabbath. 17But Jesus answered them, “My Father has been working until now, and I have been working.”

Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God. 19Then Jesus answered and said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. 20For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel. 21For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. 22For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
23that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

No separation of Father and Son and Spirit

Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.”
And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

Then Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink His blood, you have no life in you. 54Whoever eats My flesh and drinks My blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For My flesh is food indeed, and My blood is drink indeed. 56He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him. 57As the living Father sent Me, and I live because of the Father, so he who feeds on Me will live because of Me. 58This is the bread which came down from heaven—not as your fathers ate the manna, and are dead. He who eats this bread will live forever.

Therefore many of His disciples, when they heard this, said, “This is a hard saying; who can understand it?”

61When Jesus knew in Himself that His disciples complained about this, He said to them, “Does this offend you? 62What then if you should see the Son of Man ascend where He was before? 63It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing.
The words that I speak to you are Spirit, and they are Life.
64But there are some of you who do not believe.”

There is some real Truth here for you to DIGEST - it requires faith and trust.

Do you know that clean animals such as sheep, cattle, deer, elk can die from starvation with a full stomach of food in them?

If they eat dead grass that has no life in it, they die from starvation.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
would recommend you worship the God Jesus

You are worthy, O Lord, To receive glory and honor and power;
for You created all things, and by Your will they exist and were created!

(Revelation 4:11)​

the One who created all things and by whom all things exist is the One worshipped in heaven
who does scripture say that is?

For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth,
visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:
all things were created by Him, and for Him

(Colossians 1:16)​

Jesus Christ created all things, both heaven and earth.
all things that were created are created by and for Jesus Christ

He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature,
and upholds all things by the word of His power.

(Hebrews 1:3)​

Jesus Christ is the invisible God made visible;
all things have their existence by His will

the throne in heaven is the throne of God and the Lamb ((Rev. 22:3))
one throne. one God: the invisbile Father and the visible Lamb and their Spirit

→ Christ is God

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your point

Behold!
The virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son,
and they shall call His name Immanuel,
which is translated, “God with us."

(Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23)​

Christ is literally God with us.
did anyone call Him 'Immanuel' ?
no.
has Christianity since the very beginning called Him God?
yes.
does Christ claim to be equivalently God?
yes.
does the scripture call Him God?
yes.
did the apostles worship Him as God and witness this fact to others?
yes.
has Christianity since the begnning called anyone who denies this an heretic?
yes.
can you be a Christian and deny Christ's divinity?
no.
is the watchtower society a blasphemous non-Christian cult?
yes.

denying the divinity of Christ = you are not a Christian; you reject the Son and do not have the Father and call scripture a lie.
claiming to be Christian and denying the divinity of Christ makes you a liar.

Yah-shuah = Salvation = God with us

→ Christ is God

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 20:28-29 --

Thomas, describing Jesus: "my Lord and my God!"

Jesus, describing Thomas: "you have believed"

Q.E.D.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold!
The virgin shall be with child, and bear a Son,
and they shall call His name Immanuel,
which is translated, “God with us."

(Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23)​

Christ is literally God with us.
did anyone call Him 'Immanuel' ?
no.
has Christianity since the very beginning called Him God?
yes.
does Christ claim to be equivalently God?
yes.
does the scripture call Him God?
yes.
did the apostles worship Him as God and witness this fact to others?
yes.
has Christianity since the begnning called anyone who denies this an heretic?
yes.
can you be a Christian and deny Christ's divinity?
no.
is the watchtower society a blasphemous non-Christian cult?
yes.

denying the divinity of Christ = you are not a Christian; you reject the Son and do not have the Father and call scripture a lie.
claiming to be Christian and denying the divinity of Christ makes you a liar.

Yah-shuah = Salvation = God with us

→ Christ is God

When your saved by the Blood and given His Holy Spirit, all this Truth is like the Best Thanksgiving Buffet your soul/spirit could ever want and yet there is more Coming = 1 John 3:1-3

Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! Therefore the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.