Was Jesus a spirit being before coming to earth as a human?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Was Jesus a spirit being before coming to earth?

• Total voters

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
..find other scripture, if you can, to show Christ pre-existed

ha!
how many witnesses do you need?

before Abraham, I AM
(John 8:58)​

the glory which I had with You before the world was
(John 17:5)​

He is before all things
(Colossians 1:17)

I AM the Alpha and the Omega,
says the Lord God,
Who is and Who was and Who is to come, the Almighty.
(Revelation 1:8)

He will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Almighty God, Everlasting Father
(Isaiah 9:6)

I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.
(Revelation 22:13)

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts:
I am the First, and I am the Last; and beside me there is no God.
(Isaiah 44:6)

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
brother - if we ascribe fear and doubt to Him, we ascribe sin to Him.

He wept over us, there - praying that we be kept from The Evil.
just as He wept over Jerusalem, and over those mourning Lazarus.
the cup He drinks contains His tears, His sorrow for our sake
"put Thou My tears into Thy bottle" - Ps. 56:8

remember, He endured this "for the joy set before Him"

So you say, but not Scripture.

Jesus prayed for Simon before His prayers and supplication in the garden with strong crying and tears. (Luke 22:32)

Jesus did not fear the death of the body, and He had no doubt about His death at the cross: what He feared was disobedience to the Father, because The Son did not want to have His soul separated from the Spirit by our sins.

He was willing to suffer all things for the joy set before Him, after His resurrection in bringing many sons to glory, but certainly was not suffering them joyfully.

Brother, if we reject Scripture of Him being heard in that He feared, then we reject our own fear of Lord to learn obedience unto death, even as He did to the cross. The fear of the Lord is not being afraid of God, but it is the fear of failing the Lord by them who desire to obey Him from the heart for eternal salvation.

The true God at one single moment of time in all eternity learned what the fear of the Lord was for Himself: to not want to obey the Father because of the infirmity of His flesh: He did not feel like it.

And so He learned obedience by the things which He suffered: He learned to obey, though He did not want to obey in His flesh.

He did not fear the death of His body,
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul, but rather He feared the one thing that He would hate most to happen: God the Son becoming separated from God the Father by our sins upon His soul on the cross, so that He thirsted.

The Captain and Author of our salvation was
made perfect through sufferings, in that He learned obedience, when He did not want to obey, and so knew for Himself Personally what it was to be a faithful man man desiring to obey in the Spirit, yet unwilling to obey in the flesh: Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

God the Son became fully able to help us in time of our need for grace, to overcome unwillingness of the flesh and not enter into temptation to become disobedient in the heart.

For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Jesus Christ in the garden was tempted not to obey the Father for our souls' sake, to lay down His life on the cross, and thus become separated for three days in the midst of all eternity, from the Father while His soul was in hell.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was the Word of God. I believe we can not say it was a spirit or what type of form it gave. That is what the Bible truly says. The Word of God is what came down that was made lower than the angels, named Jesus in a fleshly body. The Word of God was the soul (heart/mind/will/emotion) - that always had God on the mind in the body of Jesus with the Holy Spirit to help Jesus in the flesh.

Reactions: robert derrick

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you say, but not Scripture.

Jesus prayed for Simon before His prayers and supplication in the garden with strong crying and tears. (Luke 22:32)

Jesus did not fear the death of the body, and He had no doubt about His death at the cross: what He feared was disobedience to the Father, because The Son did not want to have His soul separated from the Spirit by our sins.

He was willing to suffer all things for the joy set before Him, after His resurrection in bringing many sons to glory, but certainly was not suffering them joyfully.

Brother, if we reject Scripture of Him being heard in that He feared, then we reject our own fear of Lord to learn obedience unto death, even as He did to the cross. The fear of the Lord is not being afraid of God, but it is the fear of failing the Lord by them who desire to obey Him from the heart for eternal salvation.

The true God at one single moment of time in all eternity learned what the fear of the Lord was for Himself: to not want to obey the Father because of the infirmity of His flesh: He did not feel like it.

And so He learned obedience by the things which He suffered: He learned to obey, though He did not want to obey in His flesh.

He did not fear the death of His body,
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul, but rather He feared the one thing that He would hate most to happen: God the Son becoming separated from God the Father by our sins upon His soul on the cross, so that He thirsted.

The Captain and Author of our salvation was
made perfect through sufferings, in that He learned obedience, when He did not want to obey, and so knew for Himself Personally what it was to be a faithful man man desiring to obey in the Spirit, yet unwilling to obey in the flesh: Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

God the Son became fully able to help us in time of our need for grace, to overcome unwillingness of the flesh and not enter into temptation to become disobedient in the heart.

For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Jesus Christ in the garden was tempted not to obey the Father for our souls' sake, to lay down His life on the cross, and thus become separated for three days in the midst of all eternity, from the Father while His soul was in hell.

you ascribe sin to Him;
you are speaking as antichrist, in great error.

But every man is tempted,
when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

(James 1:14)​

in Him is no sin. no lust to be enticed by.
He was tested and found without spot. not tempted. tested.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha!
how many witnesses do you need?

before Abraham, I AM
(John 8:58)​

the glory which I had with You before the world was
(John 17:5)​

He is before all things
(Colossians 1:17)

I AM the Alpha and the Omega,
says the Lord God,
Who is and Who was and Who is to come, the Almighty.
(Revelation 1:8)

He will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Almighty God, Everlasting Father
(Isaiah 9:6)

I am Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.
(Revelation 22:13)

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts:
I am the First, and I am the Last; and beside me there is no God.
(Isaiah 44:6)

Delusions of grandeur. Now explain each one of them? I wager you cannot even get past the first verse you listed. And I see you never commented on the essence of my post. I should have not given you a way out that you naturally took advantage of here. Typical deflect and run mode. So can you explain you list? Waiting....

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Scriptural based study on this subject. If anyone is curious. God bless. @APAK that would be easy to explain them with the context, plus using other scriptures to back them up.

Overall Jesus is indeed in the fullness of God - the Lord God Almighty.

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
whoever denies He came in the flesh is antichrist.

'He came in the flesh' -- i.e. He pre-existed flesh.
Who came in the flesh? Answer - God's only-begotten son, Jesus.

Hebrews 1:1-2
(1) God, having in the past spoken to the fathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
(2) has at the end of these days spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds.

whoever denies the divinity of Christ, is not a Christian.

But unto the Son He saith,
Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of Thy kingdom.
Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed Thee with the oil of gladness above Thy fellows.
And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of Thine hands

(Hebrews 1:8-10)​

the LORD calls the Son, "Oh God"
the Son is called the Creator of heaven and earth
While you were quoting the above Scripture verses I thought you were in agreement with me. But then came your incorrect statements! :

Christ is God.
Jesus is a mighty god, but he is not his Father, almighty God YHVH.

the God of the LORD is Christ.
That is completely backwards and wrong!

1 Corinthians 11:3 (WEB):
(3) But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.​
John 20:17 (WEB):
(17) Jesus said to her, “Don’t hold me, for I haven’t yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brothers, and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”​

the God of Christ is the LORD.
Hurrah! You made a correct statement. :)

the Word is God, and God became flesh, and manifested Himself to us.
Nope! The Scriptures clearly state that it was God's Son, Jesus, that became flesh, not God Himself (who never changes - Malachi 3:6). To deny that Jesus, God's only-begotten Son, in whom God was very pleased, has come as a man, that is the spirit of Antichrist. Claiming Jesus was not God's begotten Son, but was just God or part of God, is denying Jesus, and God.

1 John 4:2-3,6 (WEB):
(2) By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit who confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
(3) and every spirit who doesn’t confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God, and this is the spirit of the Antichrist, of whom you have heard that it comes. Now it is in the world already.

(6) We are of God. He who knows God listens to us. He who is not of God doesn’t listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
1 John 2:22-24 (WEB):
(22) Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.
(23) Whoever denies the Son, the same doesn’t have the Father. He who confesses the Son has the Father also.
(24) Therefore, as for you, let that remain in you which you heard from the beginning. If that which you heard from the beginning remains in you, you also will remain in the Son, and in the Father.​

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
glorifying the Lord is never 'deflection'

in fact, everything else is.
Well post, if you are not willing or cannot explain your 'list' then I will volunteer with a commentary of each one, if of course you want me share this with you.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is just confusing unscriptual nonsense! To say that God was Jesus, His own only-begotten son, and the God of Jacob, and that He was also Jacob and fought with Himself to try and persuade Himself to not be crucified hundreds of years later - well that's just ridiculous nonsense. To say that God needs to learn obedience is ridiculous and an insult to God. Who is God going to obey?

Because the Bible declares the truth that God created all things through His Son Jesus. It's not confusion - it's the truth. Confusion mixed with Scripture is what led to the Trinity - the most confusing and ridiculous theory ever invented by men!

1 Corinthians 8:6 (WEB):
(6) yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we live through him.​
That is just confusing unscriptual nonsense!
To a decieved believer in a falsely created Christ, yes it is. You're button has been sooo pushed. Obviously.

To say that God needs to learn obedience is ridiculous and an insult to God.

An insult to a created God, yes. Who is no god at all.

And was heard in that he feared; Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered.

God the Son learned obedience to God the Father as a man, by coming down from heaven to become a man in the flesh.

Unbelieving Jews, seduced Islamists, and decieved Jehovahites call agree that is an insult and blasphemy worthy of death on the cross.

You are rebuked. Repent.

and that He was also Jacob and fought with Himself to try and persuade Himself to not be crucified hundreds of years later - well that's just ridiculous nonsense.

That is indeed ridiculous, because that is the twisted reading of what was said, by someone who's created-christ button is sooo pushed, he cannot even think straight.

The God of Jacob was not Jacob, but was Melchisedec in the form of a man wrestling with Jacob to teach him obedience to God, rather than trusting in his own tricks, force of will, and power over men.

Jacob became Israel as a prince having power with God and with men, to prevail over his own will, in that He might learn to do the will of God instead. He learned this obedience, when he wrestled against one who could not be beaten: it was a no-win scenario for him, which His God presented to him in order to bless him, after the fight.

And so, God the Word, who was Melchizedek in form of a man, became a man born of a woman and was called Jesus by the Spirit before His birth. (Matthew 1:20-21)

And in the days of His flesh, God the Son learned obedience as Jacob of old, when He too wrestled with strong crying and tears with the Father in the garden, and was heard in that He feared: He feared not obeying the Father for our sakes, because of the infirmity of His flesh. He did not want to, did not feel like obeying the commandment of the Father, to lay down His life and soul on the cross.

By rejecting Jesus Christ as the true God, in favor of an idolized created-christ, the carnal minded have absolutely no vision of what the Son truly needed to do, and what the Father was commanding Him to do on the cross for our souls' sake: The eternal Son needed to become separated from the eternal Father by the death of His soul from our sins laid upon Him:

The soul that sinneth, it shall die.

God the Son was separated from God the Father for our sins upon His soul, that we might no longer be separated from both the Father and the Son through the faith of Jesus, by which we also learn to obey Him in all things for eternal salvation.

And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears.

Christ was Melchisedec in the form of a man, later to be called Jesus as a man in the flesh, found praying in the garden.

In that Scripture says in the days of his flesh, we therefore know He was before and after those days in the flesh on earth.

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

In that Scripture says both the Father and the Son, we therefore know both the Father and the Son are God: God the Father and God the Son.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you ascribe sin to Him;
you are speaking as antichrist, in great error.

But every man is tempted,
when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

(James 1:14)​

in Him is no sin. no lust to be enticed by.
He was tested and found without spot. not tempted. tested.
Your ignorance of Scripture and pride of false knowledge refuses to be corrected by Scripture.

And so, like a wild gunslinger you throw around foolish accusation.

I don't fellowship with those who refuse to be corrected. Nor argue with false accusers of the brethren.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is a mighty god.

And so, them that cre
Who came in the flesh? Answer - God's only-begotten son, Jesus.

Hebrews 1:1-2
(1) God, having in the past spoken to the fathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways,
(2) has at the end of these days spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, through whom also he made the worlds.

While you were quoting the above Scripture verses I thought you were in agreement with me. But then came you're incorrect statements! :

That is completely backwards and wrong!

1 Corinthians 11:3 (WEB):
(3) But I would have you know that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.​
John 20:17 (WEB):
(17) Jesus said to her, “Don’t hold me, for I haven’t yet ascended to my Father; but go to my brothers, and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”​

Hurrah! You made a correct statement. :)

Nope! The Scriptures clearly state that it was God's Son, Jesus, that became flesh, not God Himself (who never changes - Malachi 3:6). To deny that Jesus, God's only-begotten Son, in whom God was very pleased, has come as a man, that is the spirit of Antichrist. Claiming Jesus was not God's begotten Son, but was just God or part of God, is denying Jesus, and God.

1 John 4:2-3,6 (WEB):
(2) By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit who confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God,
(3) and every spirit who doesn’t confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God, and this is the spirit of the Antichrist, of whom you have heard that it comes. Now it is in the world already.

(6) We are of God. He who knows God listens to us. He who is not of God doesn’t listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.
1 John 2:22-24 (WEB):
(22) Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.
(23) Whoever denies the Son, the same doesn’t have the Father. He who confesses the Son has the Father also.
(24) Therefore, as for you, let that remain in you which you heard from the beginning. If that which you heard from the beginning remains in you, you also will remain in the Son, and in the Father.​

And so, them that create a christ, also make up a false god.

There is no 'mighty god', but a false one who is no god at all. There is only the mighty God in Scripture:

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

In order to be an idolater of Jehovahism, they must wrest Scripture to do so, and make themselves as pagans of old, trying to worship them that are no gods.

And no, God the Son is not God the Father: they are One in unity from everlasting to everlasting. Except when the Son was separated from the Father in obedience to the commandment to lay down His life in the death of His soul for our sake.

Calling the Lord God 'YHVH' is the same kind of false humility in idol worship that the unbelieving Jews of today use, when speaking of G-D.

It's silly pretence of 'honoring' God. It's said by the carnal minded only for effect.

God never said His people could not 'speak' His name. He only refused to give His Personal name until the time was right: Jesus.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your ignorance of Scripture and pride of false knowledge refuses to be corrected by Scripture.

And so, like a wild gunslinger you throw around foolish accusation.

I don't fellowship with those who refuse to be corrected. Nor argue with false accusers of the brethren.

you clearly do not understand that you are in error, but calling Christ 'tempted' is nevertheless error.
speaking of Christ as though He doubted, as though He lacked faith, as though He was afraid, as though He was ever 'tempted' is blasphemy. it is ascribing sin to Him.
i realize that you have never thought of this. it has never been explained to you. i am telling you in order to add understanding to you.

James explains to us how temptation works, as i showed you, and Paul in Romans 7 says the same thing: the sinful lusts aroused by the law are at work when we are in the flesh. now you have two witnesses: temptation is the sin in you being stimulated, to entice you. in Christ is no sin - virgin born in the flesh, while sin enters through man, per Romans 5. the virgin birth is necessary or omniscient God would not have done this thing. sin entered the world through Adam tho Woman was first in transgression, 1 Timothy 2.
the word πειράζω means alternately to prove/test or to tempt. context determines which meaning is correct - and in the context of the One in Whom is no sinful lust, context demands that He is proven, tested: never 'tempted' for 'He cannot be tempted' ((James 1:13)) nor tempts anyone.
go look it up for yourself, Strong's 3985

friend, i am instructing you in the truth.
clearly you have not known these things.
you can learn from it, or you can refuse to.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well post, if you are not willing or cannot explain your 'list' then I will volunteer with a commentary of each one, if of course you want me share this with you.

i am not interested in reading you blaspheming.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am not interested in reading you blaspheming.
What is the name of your cult, post? There are so many today of different variants as germs in this world, it's hard to pin them all down and isolate them.

Do you fit into the ultra-Jesus = the one God category, or just Jesus = the one God, or Jesus = the Son = the only God, of his Father who is really the true God of his Son, Jesus? And then your cult believes Christ was never tempted I see. Interesting and yet sad.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the name of your cult, post? There are so many today of different variants as germs in this world, it's hard to pin them all down and isolate them.

Do you fit into the ultra-Jesus = the one God category, or just Jesus = the one God, or Jesus = the Son = the only God, of his Father who is really the true God of his Son, Jesus? And then your cult believes Christ was never tempted I see. Interesting and yet sad.

you have never met a Christian?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you clearly do not understand that you are in error, but calling Christ 'tempted' is nevertheless error.
speaking of Christ as though He doubted, as though He lacked faith, as though He was afraid, as though He was ever 'tempted' is blasphemy. it is ascribing sin to Him.
i realize that you have never thought of this. it has never been explained to you. i am telling you in order to add understanding to you.

James explains to us how temptation works, as i showed you, and Paul in Romans 7 says the same thing: the sinful lusts aroused by the law are at work when we are in the flesh. now you have two witnesses: temptation is the sin in you being stimulated, to entice you. in Christ is no sin - virgin born in the flesh, while sin enters through man, per Romans 5. the virgin birth is necessary or omniscient God would not have done this thing. sin entered the world through Adam tho Woman was first in transgression, 1 Timothy 2.
the word πειράζω means alternately to prove/test or to tempt. context determines which meaning is correct - and in the context of the One in Whom is no sinful lust, context demands that He is proven, tested: never 'tempted' for 'He cannot be tempted' ((James 1:13)) nor tempts anyone.
go look it up for yourself, Strong's 3985

clearly you have not known these things.
you can learn from it, or you can refuse to.
calling Christ 'tempted' is nevertheless error.

So long as we go by what we want to think, and not by Scripture, then we are believing in a fantasy christ of our own.

speaking of Christ as though He doubted

"Jesus did not fear the death of the body, and He had no doubt about His death at the cross."

Likewise, so long as we go by what we want to think about others, and not by what they actually write, then we are cementing our fanciful christ in our own mind.

the sinful lusts aroused by the law are at work when we are in the flesh.

Christ's unwillingness to obey the Father's commandment on the cross, while yet in the garden, was the 'aroused' infirmity of His flesh. And so by learning obedience despite the flesh, He was made the Captain of our salvation, who is able to succor us while yet in infirmity of our flesh.

God could never have learned that kind of obedience, except He had become a man with commandment to do so. And since He did so, so can we by the same faith of Jesus He had with the Father, where in all points of temptation concluded with, nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.

Now, you are a friend in disagreement. Then you were a false accuser slinging out silly accusation of antichrist.

You're turning back from accusation, to attempted correction is accepted as friend to friend.

When you learn what it means for the Perfect One to learn obedience, in that He feared, and was thus made perfect and the Author of eternal salvation for them that likewise learn to obey Him, then you will understand the Scriptures, which are plainly saying:

The Lord learned the fear of the Lord: Jesus Christ did not want to go to the cross, no more than we would want to, but despite the unwillingness of the flesh, He submitted Himself in the heart and in the body, to obey the Father's commandment for our sake.

For the first time in eternity, the eternal Lamb slain from the foundation of the world, knew what it was like to not feel like obeying God, and entertained disobedience in the heart: Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me.

The Son knew the commandment to lay down His life on the cross was not ever going to be rescinded. Not so long as it was God's will to save sinners by grace through the faith of Jesus.

He feared not the death of the body, but rather feared failing to obey the Father, because He so abhorred separation from the Father, which was necessary to pay the price for sin on the cross:

The soul which sinneth it shall die.

An unfeeling, robotic, and programmed christ, is not Jesus Christ come in the flesh.

Jesus Christ becoming flesh and made of a woman is our example, that we too ought choose the fear of the Lord over any sin of disobedience, no matter what the commandment is to obey, even laying our lives down for Him that laid His life down for us.

We ought fear disobedience to Him, abhorring being separated from Him by our sins, more than being separated from our sins, because we love Him and eternal salvation more than sins.

Last edited:

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you think that Adam knew "the truth"? All God had told him, according to what is written in Genesis, is that if he ate from tree in the pmiddle of the garden then he would die. He was told this before God had created Eve, so at that point there was no hint or possibility that he would have offspring. There was no mention of him being responsible for the death of all his potential offspring if he ate from the tree. It was only after Eve was created that God told them to “Be fruitful, multiply, fill the earth, and subdue it.” (Genesis 1:28). It is unclear whether God told them this before or after they had sinned, although Genesis 4:1, which occurs after they had sinned, is the first mention of Adam and Eve mating and having a child, so I suspect that God told them to "be fruitful" after they had sinned.

There is no biblical evidence that God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and fill the Earth on the seventh day after they had sinned. According to scripture when God had created and completed each kind meaning having created a male and female of each kind it was then God said to be fruitful and become many and fill the Earth. We have no evidence that God didn't do the same with mankind.The only biblical evidence of God telling Adam and Eve to be fruitful and fill the Earth was during the six creative day. You will find no biblical evidence that even suggests that God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful on the seventh day after they had sinned.
Yes God commanded Adam first to not eat of the forbidden tree. But when God created Eve and told them to be fruitful and fill the Earth, Adam knew he had to tell Eve about the command to not eat of the forbidden tree and since God had told them to be fruitful and multiply and fill the Earth Adam knew this command to not eat of the forbidden tree would apply to their children as well.
But Adam and Eve disobeyed God and they were banished from Eden, and because Adam had disobeyed God and been banished from Eden his children would grow old and die as he would. The command to not eat of the forbidden tree was no longer relevant since Adam and Eve nor their offspring could enter Eden. Sin and death had already came into existence and would spread to all of Adams and Eve's offspring because of Adam and Eve's disobedience.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was Jesus a Spirit being BEFORE coming to Earth?

Yes.

Heb 13:
[8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

Heb 10:
[5] Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast Thou prepared me:

2 Sam 7:
[16] And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.

Phil 2
[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Jesus was Revealed AS a Man, (in a body God Prepared) expressly so Earthly Men Could SEE Him AND That Body would Be Offered and Sacrificed AND Be (according to mans Law),
...a LAWFUL Son of the House of David (Lawfully Entitling Jesus to sit AS KING), on king Davids Everlasting Throne (Established BY God).
...a LAWFUL Son of Abraham (Lawfully Entitling Jesus to BE Heir To Abraham’s Promised Land.
(Pretty handy to KNOW, Jesus is Lawfully Entitled to Sit in His Millennial Throne, In His Lawfully Entitled Kingdom.)

* Already well documented in Scripture “spirits” have the “power” to APPEAR in the fashion of earthly body’s, for earthly men’s EYES to SEE.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: robert derrick