Was Peter ever in Rome? What saith the Scriptures?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
meshak said:
Jesus tells us to be perfect, we cannot be perfect if we are in corrupt organizations. It is that simple.

aspen, you have been using same ol church cliches. You should come out of traditional corrupt faith.
So, you are perfect and have no sins? Is this why you are able to cast stones at everyone??

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
meshak - unless you are planning to stop your participation in our consumeristic society which feeds off violence toward illegal immigrants, institutional slave / child labor in 3rd world countries, and quit your job, which is also participating in institutional violence - i suggest that you are just as guilty as all of humanity, which lives in a fallen world.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Selene said:
Those are not tiny portions. We have the Knights of Columbus doing charity work worldwide. There are over 1 billion Catholics worldwide. There are more good Catholics than bad ones.
What is the significance of numbers? Most Catholics I know live an unholy life and many Protestants, also. Jesus wants you to come out of all man-made religious systems that use Him as a figurehead but deny His true Headship.

Reactions: meshak

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Selene said:
So, you are perfect and have no sins? Is this why you are able to cast stones at everyone??
How am I casting stones? because I spread what Jesus says? And pointing out His teachings are dishonored and misrepresented to the world.?

You have been using old traditional churchy cliches to trying to keep my mouth shut and defending corrupt faith.. It is cheap shot, lady.

aspen2 said:
meshak - unless you are planning to stop your participation in our consumeristic society which feeds off violence toward illegal immigrants, institutional slave / child labor in 3rd world countries, and quit your job, which is also participating in institutional violence - i suggest that you are just as guilty as all of humanity, which lives in a fallen world.
Jesus says His followers are not of this world. Why do you continually work for the world? You should come out of it because you claim to be His followers.

Jesus' servants have responsibility to spread Jesus to the world which most organizations are neglecting to do being busy trying to popular to the world.

You need to take heed of Jesus' word, instead of making excuses to justify disobedient faith..

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we can misuse all of creation, including religion - even our image of God can be an idol. it is our sanctification to love God and others - if your doctrine or church or theology is teaching you to be selfish rather than love others selflessly, you are misusing it. all church systems / doctrine that are older than a day have been misused; the older the institution, the move it has been misused. Criticizing Catholic doctrine based on the manner in which it has been misused and misapplied by humanity has no barring on its truthfulness. the fruits of a person shows their heart, not the institution they belong to.

based on your last post, you are obviously not reading my posts at all. So I will close by giving you a similar response and disregard your repetitive post - my final question for you is why do you hang on to the made man heresy of modalism?

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
aspen2 said:
we can misuse all of creation, including religion - even our image of God can be an idol. it is our sanctification to love God and others - if your doctrine or church or theology is teaching you to be selfish rather than love others selflessly, you are misusing it. all church systems / doctrine that are older than a day have been misused; the older the institution, the move it has been misused. Criticizing Catholic doctrine based on the manner in which it has been misused and misapplied by humanity has no barring on its truthfulness. the fruits of a person shows their heart, not the institution they belong to.

based on your last post, you are obviously not reading my posts at all. So I will close by giving you a similar response and disregard your repetitive post - my final question for you is why do you hang on to the made man heresy of modalism?
How am I being selfish by telling the world that Jesus is not for the war nor violence?

What is modalism? I dont follow any man-made doctrines. My Lord is Jesus, not any organization nor any isms.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are all cursed through the Fall and are therefore predisposed to love selfishly rather than in the manner we were created to love - selflessly. Only a relationship with Jesus, the second personage of the Trinity, can restore us.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
aspen2 said:
we are all cursed through the Fall and are therefore predisposed to love selfishly rather than in the manner we were created to love - selflessly. Only a relationship with Jesus, the second personage of the Trinity, can restore us.
How can you love anyone without being obedient to Jesus?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
meshak said:
How am I casting stones? because I spread what Jesus says? And pointing out His teachings are dishonored and misrepresented to the world.?

You have been using old traditional churchy cliches to trying to keep my mouth shut and defending corrupt faith.. It is cheap shot, lady.

Jesus says His followers are not of this world. Why do you continually work for the world? You should come out of it because you claim to be His followers.

Jesus' servants have responsibility to spread Jesus to the world which most organizations are neglecting to do being busy trying to popular to the world.

You need to take heed of Jesus' word, instead of making excuses to justify disobedient faith..
You cast stones by judging the Catholic Church and spread a propaganda of hate that has already been proven fraudulent. God is the only one who can judge.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
meshak, no one can love perfectly unselflessly apart from Jesus.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Selene said:
You cast stones by judging the Catholic Church and spread a propaganda of hate that has already been proven fraudulent. God is the only one who can judge.
Thats funny selene the RCC has been judging people for centuries and presumably forgiving sins as well, and for a small fee they will give you a get out of purgatory free card. You Catholics are more entertaining than a bunch of clowns at the circus LOL

Reactions: meshak

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Actually, we are to judge righteously and only after we have taken the beam out of our own eye.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
Axehead said:
Actually, we are to judge righteously and only after we have taken the beam out of our own eye.
And a corollary to this is: the act of judging doesn't mean necessarily that we have a beam in our own eye.

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
And a corollary to this is: the act of judging doesn't mean necessarily that we have a beam in our own eye.
So how do you judge or discern if we have beam in our own eye?

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Paul put it this way:

Romans 2:1 Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. 2 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. 3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgment of God? 4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?

We have to check ourselves first, and repent if necessary, and then we can 'judge' out of a pure heart and with compassion.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Rex said:
Thats funny selene the RCC has been judging people for centuries and presumably forgiving sins as well, and for a small fee they will give you a get out of purgatory free card. You Catholics are more entertaining than a bunch of clowns at the circus LOL
If you feel that the Catholic Church is wrong, then why follow her?? Why stoop to her level and also judge?? That would be hypocracy to point your finger at someone for doing the same thing you're doing.

Axehead said:
Where in the Bible does it say to judge righteously?? It says to correct your brother in love if your brother is wrong, but it did not say to judge your brother.

Axehead

May 9, 2012
Selene said:
If you feel that the Catholic Church is wrong, then why follow her?? Why stoop to her level and also judge?? That would be hypocracy to point your finger at someone for doing the same thing you're doing.

Where in the Bible does it say to judge righteously?? It says to correct your brother in love if your brother is wrong, but it did not say to judge your brother.
John_7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

1Co_6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Axehead said:
John_7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
And how are you judging righteous when all I hear is judgement on the Catholic Church for something they did hundreds of years ago?? Some posters under this thread act as though the Crusade wars is still happening today??

Just look at your own post below. The Inquisition happened hundreds of years ago. Why bring up something that happened hundreds of years ago?? Don't you know that all those people involved during that time are now all dead?

Axehead said:
Meshak,

Catholics like Selene have a refutation for everything and that in itself is suspect as they never admit to any wrongdoing through the centuries. She is pretty much here as a "monitor" to keep the Catholic "spin" on discussions.

The RCC (Roman Catholic Church) say only 350 - 2000 Christians were slaughtered by the Inquisition which is the height of audacity when it comes to revising history. Audacity is a very weak word for the RCC.

Anyway, don't be surprised that they refute anything that is negative about them. In fact, it is expected even before they speak. The fact that they refute "EVERYTHING" is suspect in and of itself. Some more Catholics will be joining shortly to lend her a hand.

Axehead

meshak

Mar 18, 2013
Selene said:
And how are you judging righteous when all I hear is judgement on the Catholic Church for something they did hundreds of years ago?? Some posters under this thread act as though the Crusade wars is still happening today??

Just look at your own post below. The Inquisition happened hundreds of years ago. Why bring up something that happened hundreds of years ago?? Don't you know that all those people involved during that time are now all dead?
my goodness, you have just have caught your ignorance of the word and now changing the subject.

You should apologize, sweety..

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
meshak said:
my goodness, you have just have caught your ignorance of the word and now changing the subject.

You should apologize, sweety..
Apologize for what? As I said, all you guys ever do is bring up something that happened hundreds of years ago. For goodness sake, don't you know what year it is??